Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Election Candidates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Darcy is trying to get the rural votes now at the 11th hour. He's a farmer appareantly... Unfortunately for him farmers are not blind and know he's not a farmer, merely a landowner, clean soft hands.. an entitled son of a former Fine Gael stalwart.. Mick Wallace got more first preference votes than him in his own doorstep of Annagh monaseed last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

Darcy has a plane yes a plane circling gorey right now with a banner out the back of it to vote for him FFS

Can't get a pic to upload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Does that break the 2pm moratorium or is that legal?

sjb25 wrote: »
    Can't get a pic to upload

Sweet Jesus. An absaloute plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Darcy has a plane yes a plane circling gorey right now with a banner out the back of it to vote for him FFS

Yep it was over Enniscorthy earlier. He's pushing his luck with the 2pm deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

jca wrote: »
    Yep it was over Enniscorthy earlier. He's pushing his luck with the 2pm deadline.

2pm Deadline is only for regulated broadcast medium.
    Canvassing etc can continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Why is Seamus OBrien not running this year thought he did well last time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Seen the photo of airplane on twitter . wexford hub posted a shot .

Thats ridiculous altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Christ on a bike. I'm reluctantly having to vote tactically to keep the Shinners & FF out, but those FG lads don't make it easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This letter is the only thing related to the election that I have received - apart from my polling card - and it hasn't worked. My one and only vote will still be cast for Mick Wallace. :D

PAUL%2BKEHOE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Christ on a bike. I'm reluctantly having to vote tactically to keep the Shinners & FF out, but those FG lads don't make it easy

I think they make it very easy, they put FG after their name and that makes it easy just to move on to the next candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Del.Monte wrote: »
    This letter is the only thing related to the election that I have received - apart from my polling card - and it hasn't worked. My one and only vote will still be cast for Mick Wallace. :D

PAUL%2BKEHOE.jpg

Owes millions to the banks and revenue, gave himself and his son a massive pay increase when his company was going down the pan, lovely fella alright.

Fine Gael in Wexford is brutal. There no new blood or intelligence coming on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Does Kehoe still live in Wexford or is he in Dublin? He's moved out a couple of times i believe

Couldn't get my photo to upload but here the Wexford hub pic of the plane here

Owes millions to the banks and revenue, gave himself and his son a massive pay increase when his company was going down the pan, lovely fella alright.

Also was in court for last December. Offering 5000€ in bail for a scumbag scrote that was caught making a bomb intended to harm maim and kill people when prince Charles visited. Great work by the gardai belittled by this gob****e.

Please do not vote for this arsehole.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Fine Gael in Wexford is brutal. There no new blood or intelligence coming on either.

I don't give a flying fig about what X or Y are like in Wexford. This is a general election to elect NATIONAL representatives. That's the problem with Irish politics, we never look at the big picture. It's all about what's in it for me

Badabing wrote: »
    Does Kehoe still live in Wexford or is he in Dublin? He's moved out a couple of times i believe

He claims to live in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I don't give a flying fig about what X or Y are like in Wexford. This is a general election to elect NATIONAL representatives. That's the problem with Irish politics, we never look at the big picture. It's all about what's in it for me

I actually read his post to mean the quality of the candidates in Wexford was brutal, which I certainly wouldn't disagree with. English is a wonderful language for confusing the issue.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I actually read his post to mean the quality of the candidates in Wexford was brutal, which I certainly wouldn't disagree with. English is a wonderful language for confusing the issue.

He did mean that the calibre of FG candidates in Wexford was poor. My point is that it doesn't matter if they are. They're only voting fodder for what the party decides. If you favour any particular party's manifesto, it doesn't matter if your local man is a twat, vote him/her in

Marhay70 wrote: »

That is what I meant.. If a voter believed Fine Gael was the party to return as a majority government in the national interest.. The qaulity of candidates for the party in Wexford is brutal... Whereas the notorious Fianna Fáil party have two very educated and articulate young candidates in north Wexford. So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

That is what I meant.. If a voter believed Fine Gael was the party to return as a majority government in the national interest.. The qaulity of candidates for the party in Wexford is brutal... Whereas the notorious Fianna Fáil party have two very educated and articulate young candidates in north Wexford. So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

Michael is reasonably articulate, his voice is bad because he got a bad injury at GAA match years ago. I thought he came across well on VB, whilst Malcolm got a bit mixed up while attacking MW and came off 2nd best. James Browne is a bit wooden, but seems ok.

So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

It's not a quandary at all. If you follow FG's approach, you vote for them. If you don't, vote elsewhere. It wouldn't matter if the local candidates were lengths of 2x4. It's the same for all parties

There was a female member of the travelling community on south east radio recently with Alan Corcoran. She and her husbandhad a raft of children and no social housing could be made available to them. Massive sympathy from Alan. Cue Malcolm Byrne. Her husband has 60 + convictions. She had 40+ convictions. They had been given a house and their neighbours were fed up them causing havoc.

It's not a quandary at all. If you follow FG's approach, you vote for them. If you don't, vote elsewhere. It wouldn't matter if the local candidates were lengths of 2x4. It's the same for all parties

Very little between Fg and ff in terms of approach. But there a big difference in the calibre of candidates in north Wexford. Back the man or woman not the party I think now.

Very little between Fg and ff in terms of approach. But there a big difference in the calibre of candidates in north Wexford. Back the man or woman not the party I think now.

Hopefully the 2 will make it, preferably MD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I go to polling centre each time 30 minutes before close , and I see the names that are not scratched off / not voted in my area.

For some reason lots more people voted in the recent LGBT than in 2011 GE .

So I would appeal to everyone to do their utmost if they can persuade a non-voter to vote .

70% would be a good turnout and I hope so .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Hopefully the 2 will make it, preferably MD though.

I just hate this thing of his father was a TD he should be good enough. He is a spoofer of the highest order and just loves the gravy train that is the life of the TD. Wexford has the have the worst line of candidates in the country... We have had a minister that has done nothing for wexford when he had the power to, not worth speaking about Paul Kehoe, Wallace has his own problems, Elected Toomey last time for what better anyone was? Then we have 3 candidates who are following in their daddys footsteps Byrne, Darcy and Browne. There is no viable candidate that you could even give a protest vote to!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh god help us all in Wexford...... So for me
    1.Malcolm Byrne,
    2.Mick Wallace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'll be voting

1. Mick Wallace
    2. Emmet Moloney
    3. Leonard Kelly

....democracy is well and good, but hate knowing I'm effectively voting for 'no-hopers' in my 2 & 3.

Advertisement