Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Some new Chamillionaire. He's building up nicely to his album, Poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I don't really like Danny Brown. His voice is kind of irritating and he doesn't have a good flow.

Out of the XXL freshmen I prefer. MGK, Hopsin even French is hotter than Dan Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't really like Danny Brown. His voice is kind of irritating and he doesn't have a good flow.

Out of the XXL freshmen I prefer. MGK, Hopsin even French is hotter than Dan Brown

French Montana ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ah here. I'm not even a massive Danny Brown fan but he takes an enormous ****e all over Montana and MGK, far more interesting lyrically and musically.

Holy **** you also said Curren$y has no flow... :pac:

This new Large Pro is far far better then I expected. Dude still has it, which is more then can be said for the vast majority of veterans.

Big Boi of OUTKAST @BigBoi
    BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!! Brand New Big Boi Album in Stores November 13 2012 " Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors "

We finally have a date for it.

• Advertisement

Nobody's going to convince me the MGK ain't the sh1t. Lace Up is an outstanding 1st mixtape

bit of a banger from the dogg pound i must say.

New Frank Ocean. 10 minutes long. Brilliant.

Not a fan of Frank Ocean. He's a cheep, no talent imitation of the great John Legend.

Not a fan of Frank Ocean. He's a cheep, no talent imitation of the great John Legend.

Ha brilliant. So that's Frank Ocean and Curren$y that you think are pure garbage. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ha brilliant. So that's Frank Ocean and Curren$y that you think are pure garbage. Anyone else?

dont forget he likes MGK which is basically the same thing as hating a couple of rappers.

Frank ocean is an excellent singer, one of the few RnB artists out there with a bit of soul left in his music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Quality album.:cool:
    Oddisee--People Hear What They See

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/people-hear-what-they-see

The vast majority of modern music is garbage. The list of active rappers and singers I genuinely like and admire their music is very short

This is from a good few years back but I love this track. This is quality.

FTR. I am a Lil Wayne fan but only pre-Nov 09. The last quality piece of work he put out was the No Ceilings mixtape. Since then only the very occasional track gets in my playlist.
    "Right above it" feat Drake it for example

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Quality album.:cool:
    Oddisee--People Hear What They See

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/people-hear-what-they-see

This album is excellent, I had high expectations for this as I think that Oddisee is an outstanding producer.

It's surpassed my expectations as the production is exquisite, and the rapping is also really excellent for a guy who is primarily a beat maker.

......and that is all after one listen.

I will be listening to this a few more times.....but my instinct tells me this could be my album of the year.

FTR. I am a Lil Wayne fan but only pre-Nov 09. The last quality piece of work he put out was the No Ceilings mixtape. Since then only the very occasional track gets in my playlist.
    "Right above it" feat Drake it for example

hold up now, you criticised modern hip hop in general and said the majority of it is bad, but you're saying lil wayne is good. he's probably as bad as modern hip hop gets to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joey Bada$$ - 1999 -> http://bit.ly/OlXuNM

538520_366478900074028_1608326866_n.jpg

This mixtape was released yesterday and is pretty darn tooting good.

It's been a busy day of new music for me today. 3 albums i've been waiting on become available. This is the 3rd one, B.Dolan Hose of Bees Vol II

http://bdolan.bandcamp.com/

Excellent album/mixtape. It's been a good day.

I havent a clue who these lads are but they're using my favourite Pete Rock instrumental and the hook is fairly good. The rapping is decent, one of the lads sounds slightly like drake, but has a deeper voice. I'm gonna do a bit of reading up on this lot to see where they're from.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20082/title.blu-exile-to-officially-release-give-me-my-flowers-while-i-can-still-smell-them

Blu and Exile are releasing an EP next month. Then in September they're putting out their album. There was a stream released at Christmas but it hadn't been mastered. This time it'll have more features and other songs.

50 announced his new album is to be called F.I.V.E (murder with numbers) says its coming with or without label support on july 3rd.

bit strange, doesnt even have a single out or anything.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20078/title.50-cent-announces-fifth-album-title
    50 Cent has revealed the title of his oft-delayed fifth album.

During an interview with Hot 107.9 Philly (via HHNM), the G-Unit general revealed that the title of his LP will be Five (Murder by Numbers). "@50cent has a new album dropping July 3rd called Five (Murder by Numbers). Make sure you go and get that," tweeted the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania radio station.

Last month, Fif said he was going to release the project on July 3rd with or without his label's support. "There’s a lot more business involved [in putting out an album] than the general public is aware of. And that part causes the actual delay with [Interscope]. I’m releasing my album July 3rd, whether is has commercial promotions or not,” he said. “My birthday is July 6 and I planned for it. And I’m doing everything that I planned to do regardless if its huge airplay or not. I could care less, I’m putting the record out.”

50 announced his new album is to be called F.I.V.E (murder with numbers) says its coming with or without label support on july 3rd.

bit strange, doesnt even have a single out or anything.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20078/title.50-cent-announces-fifth-album-title

Not a great name for an album. :D
    f2708.jpg

nice one from tito lopez, you might remember him from this epic freestyle for dre last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Advertisement