Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Kaiser D wrote: »
    10245555_10152479023661874_7025197006660345463_n.jpg
    :D

Never noticed the pole at first and thought this was your latest car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Did your new inlet manifold make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

pred racer wrote: »
    Did your new inlet manifold make any difference?

Yep got it done yesterday. The car is driving great since. Very happy with the service from Clareview Motors in Limerick. They made my day by giving me a 500 to use when the 159 was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone know of any good tyre places preferably around the Clondalkin to Naas area?

Decided to go with the Vredestein after reading up on them but your man I know can't get them. Can buy them off Oponeo for 568 but then need to find someone to fit them would rather find somewhere to do it all for me. I know lazy but fcuk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Kaiser D wrote: »
    10245555_10152479023661874_7025197006660345463_n.jpg

I was too busy laughing at the wheels to even notice the bar! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

So basically what you'r saying is that my turbos are drinking my petrol, not the engine? Hmmmmmmm...........

What do you get on cruise at 100-115km/h over a sizeable distance?

At 100km/h for 20km + 10km backroads I got 6.1l indicated (46mpg). I never drive like that though, except these 2 times to see what's achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rocky wrote: »
    What do you get on cruise at 100-115km/h over a sizeable distance?

Penalty points :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

nd wrote: »
    Never noticed the pole at first and thought this was your latest car!

I fecking wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So these are the specs of wheels I'm looking. And I need to be certain they will fit...

18x8 ET45 Front (tires: 225/40/18)

18x8.5 ET34 Rear (tires: 235/40/18)

The tires are just my best idea, but I can't be certain. How do I know for sure whether they will fit or rub in the rear, is the question? This is me looking at genuine BBS CK online, buying them and having them delivered. And getting a set of tires from Openeo or similar.

You're not the first to fit CK's, you won't be the last ;) They'll be grand.

As for tyre sizes, you're fine with what you have. IF you want, 8.5j will accomodate 235-255 and still look fine, but you want to lower the profile to 35% then. So 255/35/18

OR, you can stick 225/40/18's on the rear too, they'll just have a slight stretch look.

plenty of choice :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You're not the first to fit CK's, you won't be the last ;) They'll be grand.

As for tyre sizes, you're fine with what you have. IF you want, 8.5j will accomodate 235-255 and still look fine, but you want to lower the profile to 35% then. So 255/35/18

OR, you can stick 225/40/18's on the rear too, they'll just have a slight stretch look.

plenty of choice :)

Danke,

What about the 235 width, with 40 profile? Not sure I can get Matadors with 35 profile at that width.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Danke,

What about the 235 width, with 40 profile? Not sure I can get Matadors with 35 profile at that width.

You don't want a 35 profile, especially with reps. ;)

Big Nasty wrote: »

Learn to read big guy :P He's getting genuine wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Alright shpill!

Who was that in Kells that shouted "DIGGITTY!" as I went by then kept looking at my yoke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

@Cleveland Hot Pocket

Your 2010 Superb ain't the cheapest one in ROI anymore :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-1-9-tdi-ambition-trade/6790266

Although it is much better value for money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Sobanek wrote: »
    @Cleveland Hot Pocket

Your 2010 Superb ain't the cheapest one in ROI anymore :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-1-9-tdi-ambition-trade/6790266

Although it is much better value for money ;)

tasty bit of damage on the passenger wing/ door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

That's why his is much better value for money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dgt wrote: »
    Alright shpill!

Who was that in Kells that shouted "DIGGITTY!" as I went by then kept looking at my yoke :p

It was me.

Wasn't really me. I'm on the other side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

He's buying Genuine CK's, probably one of the coolest wheels ever! :D

Speaking of genuine wheels, left in the brand new second hand set of Style 32's to be powder coated. Was going to go at them myself, the faces were actually in really good condition with small amounts of kerbing, but there was a fair amount of corrosion on the inside of them. Not working out that much more expensive to get them properly painted over just getting them blasted.

I'll be spraying a set of rover wheels at some stage in the future though, so I'll write that up. They're not worthwhile getting powder coated.

tossy wrote: »
    He's buying Genuine CK's, probably one of the coolest wheels ever! :D

Oh I missed that!

Last I heard was BBS reps.

Good decision Alan, although I still think 35's are to small a tyre wall for someone who enjoys mountain drives. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Oh I missed that!

Last I heard was BBS reps.

Good decision Alan, although I still think 35's are to small a tyre wall for someone who enjoys mountain drives. ;)

255/35's are ok.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lots of car things recently...this is just unreal...new steering wheel :eek::pac::D

G0YED42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

3G8DlEs.gif

and this

1frBjaH.gif?1
    :eek:

@ Supergurrier

There's a classic American car show on in Kilbeggan Sunday that should be of interest to you.

Always a few for sale at it too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

@ Supergurrier

There's a classic American car show on in Kilbeggan Sunday that should be of interest to you.

Always a few for sale at it too. ;)

I was half thinking of heading to this myself.

pred racer wrote: »
    I was half thinking of heading to this myself.

It's a good show, have been going for years. Won't be there this weekend though as I'm yankless! :D

I may have just ordered something big....:pac::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I may have just ordered something big....:pac::eek:

image.png

BBS CK booooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 18" 8j and 18 8.5j at the rears and some Matadors to wrap them with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

BBS CK booooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 18" 8j and 18 8.5j at the rears and some Matadors to wrap them with.

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement