Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Bpmull wrote: »
    Have you got the car running since it broke down. Or is it the fuel pump that's the problem ? Did you end up buying a brand new pump ?

Nope, still cranking and not starting, it is the pump as theres no pressure on the fuel rail when you turn it to the on position, in the astra there's pressure, and yeah brand new pump sitting here beside me, things left me stone broke, I've so much minus money I'm rich....in negativeness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I've so much minus money I'm rich....in negativeness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

No power steering? Pffffft!

Whenever reverse gear decided not to work in the Wolseley, I would have to push it backwards with one foot out the door, and steer with no power steering!

Bloody young whippersnappers with all the latest mod cons on yer new yokes...

In other news, I bought L plates for myself for the first time in a long, long time this evening. I felt 17 all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I watched a few videos on it and it looks handy. Did ye use heat for it to sit into the awkward parts?

Didn't need to as far as I can remember. Just tried smooth it out as much as possible using an unnecessary card :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Nope, still cranking and not starting, it is the pump as theres no pressure on the fuel rail when you turn it to the on position, in the astra there's pressure, and yeah brand new pump sitting here beside me, things left me stone broke, I've so much minus money I'm rich....in negativeness :pac:

The Saab is turning into an expensive car. Still going by the photos it looks like a lovely car and hopefully once you get the fuel pump sorted you will have lots of trouble free driving.

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    The Saab is turning into an expensive car. Still going by the photos it looks like a lovely car and hopefully once you get the fuel pump sorted you will have lots of trouble free driving.

It's just a case of everything going at once i'm afraid, hopefully it'l behave itself now, I knew what i was taking on when i bought it, I'd like to see what I have planned for it actually come to life, but sure if not, at least i can say i owned one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Kaiser D wrote: »
    In other news, I bought L plates for myself for the first time in a long, long time this evening. I felt 17 all over again.

Ummm.... what are you going to do with them?

GvidoR wrote: »
    Ummm.... what are you going to do with them?

I bought a motorbike.

I bought a motorbike.

Get out

You're forever banned :pac:

Come baaaaak!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Woah now hold on a sec here, I'm no weakling, it wasn't like I was driving a car that has no power steering "as standard" for example a 1995 fiesta. This was a complete hoor to drive, needed full force of both hands on the steering to make any impact. Try that while driving down narrow country roads with 90 degree bends ;) When I came to the bends, I basically had to stop, turn the steering and then drive around the bend, then stop again and straighten out the wheel, aaaand off I went again! I demand ye're pity and sympathy :pac:

• Advertisement

Get out

You're forever banned :pac:

Come baaaaak!!

Hahaha, I bought an old Yamaha DT50, 50cc's of awesome.

Its so slow, flat out it will do about 40, a good cyclist would out accelerate it :pac:

Its deadly though, and the "braaaaaaaap" sound is great.

Its just for weekends and messing about on, I'm going to get something a bit better also in due time.

Hahaha, I bought an old Yamaha DT50, 50cc's of awesome.

Its so slow, flat out it will do about 40, a good cyclist would out accelerate it :pac:

Its deadly though, and the "braaaaaaaap" sound is great.

Its just for weekends and messing about on, I'm going to get something a bit better also in due time.

Ah no I do appreciate a good bike, I know the sound, a fella around here has one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd love a bike to be honest a few friends have them from 600cc to a 1000cc I just don't think I'd trust myself on one or other roads users not to flatten me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Plus to get a licence nowdays seems like a major pain.

Had a yz80 in my youth. Just for around the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

The brother used to have a gsx 250 and i drove it a few times and while it wasn't powerful, imo it's as powerful as you'd ever need on a bike.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anyone know where to get tires fitted around Dublin. About to pull the trigger on some Matadors, and will need them fitted? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I'd be some sight on a motorbike :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Doing a lot more long distance driving lately. Impressed with fuel consumption - 46ish mpg. Not bad for 1.8 petrol.
    Did an average of 51mpg from limerick to kilkee and back a few weeks ago.
    Driving economically is very boring though.

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/3079/0yc5.jpg
    Time will tell if I get this much out of this tankful

200km trip at the weekend, 115km/h on cruise, 2 toll stops + 1 fuel stop, showing 6.4l/100km (44mpg)

Not bad for 3 litre of petrol goodness :)

Although I'm getting 20mpg around town... :cool:

PS. first time I saw 1050km fuel range ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone know where to get tires fitted around Dublin. About to pull the trigger on some Matadors, and will need them fitted? Any ideas?

Tyre fitter behind Maxol in Sandyford. Frank. €15 a corner. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The Astra is now insured, through AXA who had no problem insuring it.

Some may remember Liberty's problem with her seemingly being scrapped. Nobody else including the DOT could figure where they got that info from!

Anyway 100miles on her today and it's faultless, test is booked so cross the fingers and we'll see will it pass.

I'm laughing if it does!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

OSI wrote: »
    My thought there would be, that Liberty previously had the car insured and a claim was made under the assumption the car was too be scraped, and it never was.

No it seemingly was on the insurance link database. This is what most insurers here look at to see a car or drivers history.
    AXA use it and they had no problem. The DOT checked it and they said the car was also current :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

rocky wrote: »
    200km trip at the weekend, 115km/h on cruise, 2 toll stops + 1 fuel stop, showing 6.4l/100km (44mpg)

Not bad for 3 litre of petrol goodness :)

Although I'm getting 20mpg around town... :cool:

PS. first time I saw 1050km fuel range ...

So basically what you'r saying is that my turbos are drinking my petrol, not the engine? Hmmmmmmm...........

:D

10245555_10152479023661874_7025197006660345463_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'd be some sight on a motorbike :p

Your some sight without one too!
    So basically what you'r saying is that my turbos are drinking my petrol, not the engine? Hmmmmmmm...........

If you had a diesel you'd be grand:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

10245555_10152479023661874_7025197006660345463_n.jpg

Well that's the plan anyway! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So these are the specs of wheels I'm looking. And I need to be certain they will fit...

18x8 ET45 Front (tires: 225/40/18)

18x8.5 ET34 Rear (tires: 235/40/18)

The tires are just my best idea, but I can't be certain. How do I know for sure whether they will fit or rub in the rear, is the question? This is me looking at genuine BBS CK online, buying them and having them delivered. And getting a set of tires from Openeo or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

For the first time in I don't know how long I've taxed my car for 12 months. It's the cheapest 12 months I've paid for in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

ba_barabus wrote: »
    For the first time in I don't know how long I've taxed my car for 12 months. It's the cheapest 12 months I've paid for in years.

The same. €200 for me though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

ba_barabus wrote: »

Is yours the newer one (less weight, lower co2) or €570 same as mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

pred racer wrote: »
    Is yours the newer one (less weight, lower co2) or €570 same as mine?

It's the OMG EXPENSIVE TAX model like yours. Still, cheapest tax I've had in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement