Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ravens have released Rice. Only option after the new footage was released.

And league suspended him indefinitely too..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

That video is incredible! How did he not go to jail and more mind boggling is that the women married him shortly after that incident.

I was a big Ray Rice fan and thought he would be back to his best this year but after seeing this video I'm glad to see the back of him.

Leaves a bit of a hole but I liked the way Forsett played last night.....one of the bright spots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I too was a big fan of Rice before now. Started watching the NFL the year we went on to win the Super bowl. Was a great time to start watching and Rice was a big part of that. But now, the disappointment is horrible. Terrible actions on his part. Glad he's gone. Don't need negative attention around the team.

Now what the hell do I do with my No. 27 jersey... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Great game last night with the win against the Steelers after a tough week.. Got to see most of the game. I am in Texas for a few weeks so plenty of football to watch.
    Flacco just has more options to aim at now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Watched the entire game, I'm a little annoyed. I made numerous posts after last season, saying how badly I wanted the Titans to draft C.J Mosley. The guy was a beast last. Best player on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Watched the game this morning. Ravens looked very good on D. Steve Smith and Owen Daniels look like they are fitting in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Watched the game again today. It was a joy to watch an effective run game after last year's pain

Zuttah got a lot of credit from the commentators and well deserved, he was immense

For a 5th rounder to the Bucs that looks an excellent trade

Lucky to come out of Cleveland with the W.

Our safeties were awful

We don't get to see practice but maybe it's time to start our 3rd rounder Terence Brooks at free safety. Darian Stewart is not playing well and Matt Elam should not be back there, he gets burned in coverage too often.

The defense stepped up for sure in the 4th quarter but was terrible before then. I miss the agressive D we had when Chuck Pagano was coordinator :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

The Detroit Lions are set to sign Josh Bynes off your practice squad as cover at inside LB, seeing as Tulloch is out for the season.

Does he have potential or is he likely to just be an average backup?

• Advertisement

Average backup, good special teamer

I wouldn't expect much

Eugene Monroe out for 2-4 weeks after minor knee surgery

Rookie UDFA James Hurst will get his shot at left tackle

Big chance for the young player, he could turn out to be a gem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Eugene Monroe out for 2-4 weeks after minor knee surgery

Rookie UDFA James Hurst will get his shot at left tackle

Big chance for the young player, he could turn out to be a gem :)

He must be doing something right in practice. I'm glad they aren't reshuffling the whole line though, KO has been a beast at guard so far this year. Panthers on Sunday will be a good challenge for Hurst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Why isn't Elam being used as SS? I thought that was the plan for him this year but it seems like he is always covering the slot. Are the Ravens out of CBs?

Only 4 CB's on the roster. Lardarius Webb is active on gameweeks again but he was sloooooooooow in Week3, clearly not fit yet

In 2-3 weeks Webb should hopefully be fit again and they can put him in the slot or put him outside and move the #3 corner Asa Jackson to the slot. Will Hill's suspension will be over and will hopefully lock down the free safety role.

This frees up Elam to stick to strong safety. Until then we can expect to Elam get burned in coverage which is all too regular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What is the story with Arthur Brown?

Inactive again today. Loads of people (fans and those around the league) said he was a cracking pick where we got him, and from what I'd saw of him I felt the same, but there was the trade rumours a few weeks ago and he's now on his 4th game in a row inactive.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the coaches are not confident in him. Not the first time they benched a 2nd round pick, Paul Kruger barely saw the field for a year and a half.

Brown still has a role to play. He may take over from Daryl Smith before the end of the season

Todd Heaaaaaaaap goes into the Ravens Ring of Honour today

apg-vertical.jpg

Was the Ravens 1st round pick after Superbowl XXXV. Never made it to a Superbowl which is disappointing

499 catches
    5,869 yds
    42 TD's
    2 probowls

A fine career on some pretty poor Ravens teams over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

So, not to get all political and ruin the good football spirits after yesterdays win, but how does everyone feel about the Rice situation now and how has it made you feel so far? Still playing on my mind and I know there are some great opinion givers knocking about in here.

So, has it changed your feelings towards the team, are you worried about the allegations against Bisciotti trying to cover it all up with Goodell in the first place, and on an over-all note, what team member are you most attached to now that would be heart breaking to see them leave? Who do you love, not necessarily for their stats, but also their behaviour and personality inside and outside of the league.

Discuss! :)

To start it off, I was so disappointed and angry at every new revelation in this case. My third year following the team and the NFL, and Rice was someone I liked watching and I liked the "stand up citizen" reputation he had. I supported him as a player and a person. I had the jersey (which I unstitched the name tag off, and now have a blank No.27 jersey :p ) which I wore on game days. So yeah, it was a kick in the gut, especially now with the ESPN article and his apparent move for an appeal? It seems he's almost dragging everyone else down with him.

Great win last night. Watching the full game now.

As for the Ray Rice situation there were few options that the Ravens could take. They had to cut him. The video is shocking. Best to forget about it now. Harsh lesson. Move on. We have very good running backs in Pierce, Forsett and Taliaferro.

C.J. Mosley is starting to get a serious amount of praise from fans and experts alike.

• Advertisement

Could get defensive rookie of the year :)

Here is a video a fan put together

Could get defensive rookie of the year :)

Here is a video a fan put together

Yeah, he's better than I thought he'd be to be honest. I knew he'd be good, but he's far better in coverage than he was in college, well, from what I saw on his college tape anyway, admittedly I could have failed to analyse it properly.

From ESPN:
    He's also the third-highest rated inside linebacker by Pro Football Focus. How impressive is that? Mosley trails only Luke Kuechly, the reigning NFL defensive player of the year, and Bobby Wagner, the leading tackler for the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

Superb performance all-round today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Great game but the bucs were truly awful, watched all the Ravens games on gamepass so far this year and they are by far the worst team I've seen. Baffled how the saints only scraped by them. Glad torrey got a couple of TDs, hopefully he continues it now.

I wasn't following the NFL when Lovie Smith was consistently getting the Bears to the playoffs including a Superbowl. He seems to have a great reputation as a defensive coach. The Bucs were horrendous out there though

Rookie John Urschel played very well at left guard. Got a great block on the Pierce TD

Great win against the Falcons tonight to go 5-2. Will get to watch the full game tomorrow.

Two huge divisional games coming up now, @ Bengals and @ Steelers. If we could go 1-1 there we look in a great position.

Top of the division!!

Two division games coming up.

Playing in the late kickoff next Sunday @ Bengals

And the following week on Monday Night Football @ Steelers

edit: beaten to it, curse ya Paully! :p My post gave kickoff times :cool:

Haha, great minds think alike Mike :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Certainly have nothing to fear at Steelers but think its going to be very tough to get anything at the Bengals.

• Advertisement

Certainly have nothing to fear at Steelers but think its going to be very tough to get anything at the Bengals.

The Bengals that were just shut out against the Colts?
    I think we avenge our first loss next week, then our second in the AFC Championship game :P

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
    Heard AJ Green tell a teammate in locker room (paraphrasing): Tired of sitting and watching. I'm playing next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Top of the division!!

Two division games coming up.

Playing in the late kickoff next Sunday @ Bengals

And the following week on Monday Night Football @ Steelers

Are we the late game next week? Fixtures have it as an early game.

I am wrong, next week @Bengals is an early kickoff

Just wondering with our CB troubles why we haven't given Dmitri Patterson a workout? He was an OK guy with the Jets until he ****ed up. Surely he's worth a min contract? Low risk high reward...

I only saw the result this morning - but what the hell happened last night? :eek::(:mad:

Paully D wrote: »
    I only saw the result this morning - but what the hell happened last night? :eek::(:mad:

I watched the first half. We started fantastically, scored a great touchdown and were sacking Ben for fun. Then Talliefero fumbled and the thing went to ****. They scored, then intercepted flacco and scored again. That was that pretty much that.We were torched by their receivers, we need Smith back.

Still plenty to be hopeful about though. Mosley was great again. The defense and pass rush looked great for a period. I am confident we will beat the titans and get back on track.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

its ok lads.. you play the Titans next week :o:pac:

Chykie Brown cut today, no loss

This leaves Webb & Franks as the only healthy corners on the roster. Jimmy Smith to recover while Asa Jackson is still on IR.

Anyone remember Danny Gorrer who was on the roster a few years back. Was pretty good as I remember and he was cut by the Lions today. I hope they bring him for a chance. I remember only good things about him anyway

200px-Danny_Gorrer_2011_stadium_practice.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

if the Titans O-line can manage to keep Mett upright our WRs should kick your secondarys ass tbh

They're clearing house this week!

Both Chykie Brown & Dominique Franks cut

Danny Gorrer signed which I'm happy with :)

And the second cornerback is Tramain Jacobs promoted from the practice squad. spent two years at Texas A&M so he has played for a big school.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/Tramain-Jacobs/3875b9d1-8bbb-4e5d-a84f-26d61042b55e

5'11" 182lbs he said he prepared for the draft by practising with teammate Mike Evans. Didn't get drafted but he could be a good un :)

Care to make a score prediction?

I'll go with Titans by 7
    Oher to have a dominate performance :P

Mett to go 250 yards, 3 TDs 1 int

Ravens in a blowout, Flacco to throw 4 tds.

Ravens by 14

Dumervil to roast Oher and get 3 sacks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Chykie Brown cut

So how poor is this Brown chap, as it is likely he is now our number 3 corner

• Advertisement

Dear oh dear, he's a terrible corner

He entered training camp being handed the no 3 slot and lost it, then lost the no 4 spot and got buried on the depth chart but became a starter again after a lot of injuries on the team. And turned in performances so bad they cut him

5th round pick from 2011, he's been replaced by an undrafted rookie from the practice squad who fans don't know much about but expect to be at least competent

Chykie Brown is a good special teamer, I'll give him that.

Our DC has named Will Hill as starter at FS. I hope they can bring some stability to this position and keep him there and keep Elam at SS.

They have 6 safeties on the roster and were constantly changing them around. Elam must improve and hopefully this will help his confidence

6-4 and we enter the bye. Since it's a bye why not look ahead to the off season

In 2015 the team have to take a 9.5 million cap hit for Rice :mad: This limits the team hugely

Here are our players to hit free agency
    Owen Daniels TE - will probably retire. If not I'd consider a 1 year, 1 million deal, the same as he got this year

Darian Stewart S - have an intern drive him to the airport, terrible player!

Torrey Smith WR - oooooh tough one, I say let him test FA. Do not overpay here. Somebody will overpay, I think the Rams

Morgan Cox LS - a good servant but he's blown out his knees twice. Offer him vet minimum but he'll have to beat out an undrafted rookie in camp

Jah Reid G - let him hit FA, do not resign

Pernell McPhee OLB - cannot afford him, some team will sign him like the Colts signed Arthur Jones, shame :(

Tyrod Taylor QB - away to FA

Jeromy Miles S - decent special teamer, give him a cheap 2-3 year deal

Will Rackley G - former 3rd round pick by the Jags. Bring to camp, there are roster spots available here

Justin Forsett RB - He's 29 hitting 30 but he's not beat up and turning into a fan favourite. 2 year deal, maybe 6.5 million if he'll take it. That's Ben Tate money so pretty decent

Terrence Cody DT - away to FA

Danny Gorrer CB - I like him a lot - 3 year deal at 3 million

Tramain Jacobs CB - bring to camp, back to the practice squad if he doesn't make the team

Brynden Trawick S - supposed to be a good special teamer. Minimum deal, bring to camp

Kevin McDermott LS - wil be cut when Cox returns

Justin Tucker K - the team don't have the money to overpay here but Tucker deserves a deal. Don't laugh but if a deal isn't done then use the franchise tag. Five teams did this in 2014 for kickers

Will Hill S - Sign!! Saftey isn't the highest paid position. I guess he'll be looking over 5 million per year. I don't know what he'll cost but he must be brought back

Lawrence Guy DE - decent player, give him a 3 year, 2.4 million deal. Can never have too many defensive ends.

Anthony Levine S - Harbaugh is converting him to a corner and he did well in Week 10. I like him, 3 years, a tad over minimum.

Christo Bilukidi DT - minimum deal, bring to camp

Kamar Aiken WR - He has shown flashes and I think he'll want to test FA to see can he get a better position on a depth chart and more money. Fair enough,he can test FA

Salary numbers are pulled from the top of my head, no spreadsheets were consulted here :P

I'd say they'll cut Jacoby and sign Torrey more than likely. I'd say Webb will restructure too so they will clear up the Ray Rice money somewhere along the line.
    I'm not sold on Forsett, I think the offensive line play is making him look amazing but they could do with developing Taliaferro and maybe giving Pierce an eye test and seeing where all his vision is gone, unless Forsett reaches his current projection he's not worth 6.5 mill/2 years.

Congrats to Justin Forsett

Voted AFC Offensive player of the week for Week 10 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement