Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options
  • 19-02-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

I think most people have certain pet peeves about other people that effect us in no way but still make us instantly think "Dickhead". It ain't right and it's certainly petty but I doubt very much that I'm alone.

When I see someone with a neck tattoo like Professor Green I can't help but wonder if the person should be allowed around outside on their own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

A limp handshake with a sweaty hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

One of those really low cut t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Anyone that wears track suits tucked into their socks. I automatically hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Those young fellas who walk around with their hands down their pants scratching or tugging, don't know what they are doing or some put their hand in their trackers pockets and do it. Im like wtf mingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

People who constantly brag about how great they are and how much they have achieved, and then confuse the dislike of conceited arseholes with jealousy and begrudgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

I despise tightness or stinginess.
    Especially when its very obvious when they do anything to avoid opening their wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

People who constantly brag about how great they are and how much they have achieved, and then confuse the dislike of conceited arseholes with jealousy and begrudgery.

Don't know who you could be talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

People that say they don't like dogs. I don't mind if someone is scared of them because they've been bitten or frightened by them but when someone says they don't like dogs for no real reason it puts me off them instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Sneaky people who talk behind people's backs maliciously but smile to their faces. Seeing a lot of that lately and hate having to go along with the charade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Liverpool jerseys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Jealousy, resentment and begrudgry. Traits that I just don't understand and cannot abide in people. It must take such a toll on their happiness and sense of perspective.

Also, a slovenly dress sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Jealousy, resentment and begrudgry. Traits that I just don't understand and cannot abide in people. It must take such a toll on their happiness and sense of perspective.

Beef, lads?

In fairness, those things are fair enough to make you not like someone. I'm going for stuff that we don't really have any right to be annoyed by but are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

RWCNT wrote: »
    Beef, lads?

In fairness, those things are fair enough to make you not like someone. I'm going for stuff that we don't really have any right to be annoyed by but are anyway.

Superdry jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

People who don't like when their proved wrong, fella I know gets all bent out of shape if someone tells him he's in the wrong. Terrible trait in someone. Don't have much time for these people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

PEOPLE WHO BUTTON SHIRTS ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

A different skin colour, religion or sexuality to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Rude people usually OAPs who think the world owes them something, jumping queues in shops etc., have a bit of manners and wait your turn like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Frog Song wrote: »
    People that say they don't like dogs. I don't mind if someone is scared of them because they've been bitten or frightened by them but when someone says they don't like dogs for no real reason it puts me off them instantly.

I always thought that I didn't like dogs until I realized that it's the owners I can't stand.

If a dog is jumping all over you or on your car or something and it's obvious you don't want the dog to, then the owner saying "It's ok he likes you!", isn't f**king ok!!!

But yeah I like dags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Fake smiles! When your facial expressions send mixed messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

What you must remember is,

Whatever way we act or who we are we really have no control over, it's our chemical make up.

People know they are been dicks but still do it, it's all in the dna baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who have a lisp

People who have clicky dentures

People who look like "earthy" types wearing home made clothes and carrying cloth satchels and sporting dreads.

Women who shuffle from side to side as they walk.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    What you must remember is,

Whatever way we act or who we are we really have no control over, it's our chemical make up.

People know they are been dicks but still do it, it's all in the dna baby.

The way we act is not solely due to our genetic profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Anyone in flip flops but particularly men. Men in flip flops are sub-human

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The Hipster Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I always thought that I didn't like dogs until I realized that it's the owners I can't stand.

If a dog is jumping all over you or on your car or something and it's obvious you don't want the dog to, then the owner saying "It's ok he likes you!", isn't f**king ok!!!

But yeah I like dags.

Those dog owners annoy me too. You have to respect other people's space and know not everyone feels the same about your dog as you do, I agree that's not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Lazy people!

The Hipster Look.

Especially the ones wearing fake glasses. As someone with sever myopia, I feel they are making light of my condition. Imagine the outrage if people started using wheelchairs or crutches or white sticks without needing them? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

smurgen wrote: »
    PEOPLE WHO BUTTON SHIRTS ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.

People that don't turn off caps lock :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Anyone who lilkes Joe Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement