Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slutsagusslags

altor wrote: »
    The best number to ring is 1850 753 753, press 0 when you hear the recording :D

Hi Altor,

I am getting a system low battery warning which decides to beep at 1am most nights, i think its for the removable remote control panel next to my door. How can I disable that alert? Or can I replace the battery?

I dont actually need the remote control thing, the panel is litterally 3 feet from the thing. Any ideas?

Any help would be faaaaaaannnntastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Altor,

I am getting a system low battery warning which decides to beep at 1am most nights, i think its for the removable remote control panel next to my door. How can I disable that alert? Or can I replace the battery?

I dont actually need the remote control thing, the panel is litterally 3 feet from the thing. Any ideas?

Any help would be faaaaaaannnntastic

Replace the battery, this will clear the fault ;)

oceanclub wrote: »
    Cheers. I just rang. Let me vent about these ****ing eejits.

2 weeks ago I rang them to ask for the engineer code for my alarm. They said that I needed to put the request in writing, which I did and sent it. After not having heard back, I tried to get through (with no luck, as the phone numbers on their site don't work). Using the number Altor gave got me through.

Guess what? Even after sending in the letter, they still can't give me the code. Instead, an engineer must come out, and I must pay €90 for it.

How comes every time I have to deal with Eircom or a subsidiary, I'm reduced to rage?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=171929
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=185721

P.

keep that number to yourself :D
    Dont even think about paying them the €90 :eek: i will send you info of how to get the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Hi can anyone help me out, The eircom alarm was installed when I bought my house and i have never used it as when its set it just keeps going off all the time. when i set it to windows and doors while Im home it goes off and when im out if i just set the sensors it still goes off so I just dont use it.

Anyway for the last 3 nights every every 2 to 3 hours its starts beeping I have to get out of bed and press the disarm button to stop it. this happens all through the night and the day.

is there anyway I can just turn the whole thing off

Elbi wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me out, The eircom alarm was installed when I bought my house and i have never used it as when its set it just keeps going off all the time. when i set it to windows and doors while Im home it goes off and when im out if i just set the sensors it still goes off so I just dont use it.

Anyway for the last 3 nights every every 2 to 3 hours its starts beeping I have to get out of bed and press the disarm button to stop it. this happens all through the night and the day.

is there anyway I can just turn the whole thing off

Hi Elbi,

Do you know what system you have installed ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

if it is a simon 3 panel there should be a white box containing a fuse, generally located near the panel. remove this and then remove the battery from the panel. when u open the flap the panel will announce "use numbered keys to enter id" .then there should be another flap which will allow u to remove the battery. the alarm will sound until the battery and main fuse are disconnected:).

If the alarm works it would be better to try fix it than power it down for good.

I havent a clue which system I have but its very old it was done years ago when the phonewatch first came out,

Thanks Thunderbird2 il will have a look when im home see can i find the fuse/battery and do it that way,

altor wrote: »
    If the alarm works it would be better to try fix it than power it down for good.

it sounds like a low battery or the panel cannot communicate with eircom.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

Hi Altor,
    another sensor is giving me problems this time. After a year or so of running smoothly, we get an alarm activation once in a while due to one sensor. It says sensor tamper. I've changed the battery twice, same problem. I also make sure the tamper spring is depressed. Interestingly the alarm tends to go off at the same time each time. 0600 on the main panel clock! Coincidence.
    Best Regards,
    Springsteen

• Advertisement

If you can post a picture i might be able to help you get the alarm working again. It sound like the back up battery is dead.

just another thing, when its beeping the disarm button and sensor button are flashing but very lightly, not bright red like normal

Hi Altor,
    another sensor is giving me problems this time. After a year or so of running smoothly, we get an alarm activation once in a while due to one sensor. It says sensor tamper. I've changed the battery twice, same problem. I also make sure the tamper spring is depressed. Interestingly the alarm tends to go off at the same time each time. 0600 on the main panel clock! Coincidence.
    Best Regards,
    Springsteen

Hi Springsteen,

You may need to re-enroll the sensor on the system. do you have the engineer code ?

I havent a clue which system I have but its very old it was done years ago when the phonewatch first came out,

Thanks Thunderbird2 il will have a look when im home see can i find the fuse/battery and do it that way,

when u arm the system does a male\female voice announce ''doors and windows on motions on? if its male then its the ge simon 3. if its female then its the ge simon xt. do u push buttons for doors and windows and a seperate button for motions?

Thanks Altor,
    no I dont have engineer code. We moved into house, alarm was already here. If I ring eircom will they provide it. We don't use the monitoring.
    Rgds
    S

just another thing, when its beeping the disarm button and sensor button are flashing but very lightly, not bright red like normal

Is this the panel ?

Thanks Altor,
    no I dont have engineer code. We moved into house, alarm was already here. If I ring eircom will they provide it. We don't use the monitoring.
    Rgds
    S

Your welcome,

If you have any of the paper work off the alarm it is easy to get the code. They will only give the code to the registered owner of the alarm panel.

Altor,
    Roger that. I'll start digging and let you know.
    Cheers,
    S

which sensor button is flashing?

Altor,
    Roger that. I'll start digging and let you know.
    Cheers,
    S

If you get the code it is very easy to delete plus en-roll the sensor. It will clear the tamper fault ;)

Let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Elbi have u tried pressing the status button :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Junsi670

Hi,
    I have an Eircom SIMON alarm panel that I stopped using for the past 4 years. Due to a recent break in I want to start using it again. I need all the batteries replaced in the motion sensors (x2) and also the window sensors. The large battery in the panel itself I removed a few years ago as it was beeping etc. Does anyone know where I can buy all the batteries needed for this system? I cannot find the large battery that was in the panel so I don't know which battery I need. The window sensor battery is a CR123A Lithium 3V battery.
    Also, when I get these batteries, will just replacing them do the trick to start using the panel again or will it need to be re-set?
    I hope someone can help me with this, as Eircom want €7.00 per sensor battery and €40 for the panel battery!

Junsi670 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an Eircom SIMON alarm panel that I stopped using for the past 4 years. Due to a recent break in I want to start using it again. I need all the batteries replaced in the motion sensors (x2) and also the window sensors. The large battery in the panel itself I removed a few years ago as it was beeping etc. Does anyone know where I can buy all the batteries needed for this system? I cannot find the large battery that was in the panel so I don't know which battery I need. The window sensor battery is a CR123A Lithium 3V battery.
    Also, when I get these batteries, will just replacing them do the trick to start using the panel again or will it need to be re-set?
    I hope someone can help me with this, as Eircom want €7.00 per sensor battery and €40 for the panel battery!

You can get the batteries for the sensors in any chemist or phone store, properly cost about €5-€6 each. If you go to an alarm supplier you could get them for cheaper. Here is a list of suppliers.

The battery for the main unit can be got here, they will deliver to Ireland.

The Simon is straight forward enough to work, replace the batteries in the sensors then replace the main battery before you power it back up. It will still have all your sensors and setting set up but if you have any problems let us know.

Hi Altor,
    Thank you for that information, hopefully I won't have any problems with it, but if I do I will let you know.
    Thanks again for your help.
    junsi670

Hi Altor,
    Thank you for that information, hopefully I won't have any problems with it, but if I do I will let you know.
    Thanks again for your help.
    junsi670

Your welcome,

If you need any questions answered, feel free to ask :D

Hi Altor,

I hope I'm not bothering you.
    I had an engineer from eircom come out today to check the system and all seems to be fine, but I was told that I may need an "enertia head/switch, do you know where these can be bought? There were no numbers or any marks of I.D. on the switch, except that it is made by GE and that it's a wireless window sensor connected to the "SIMON" eircom system.

I also need a "SPLITTER BOX/ALARM SPLITTER" and I took the details of the box that the engineer had with him - U.S. Patent No.472 And 404.347 Alarm Panel DSL Filter Model Z-A431 EU. I was told I need this because we have broadband in the house and that it could upset the signal to eircom?? They wanted €90 for the Splitter!
    I really appreciate any help you can give me on this. Thanks

Hi Junsi670,

Its no bother at all :D

You will get these in suppliers of GE sensors, Reliable Security Products. D.3 01-8372439, IDAS. D.14 01 2995780. REW. D.11 01 858 0960. I would ring ahead to make sure they have them in for you, they will order them in for you. They are for the wire free 433 sensors if they ask. If you have any problems getting them let me know.

This is the splitter you need, you can get them in Northwood technology D11.01 8601880, very easy to install yourself.

Hi Altor,
    Again, THANK YOU!!
    There doesn't seem to be much (if anything) that you don't know about security systems. I really appreciate your help :)
    Junsi670

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,
    Again, THANK YOU!!
    There doesn't seem to be much (if anything) that you don't know about security systems. I really appreciate your help :)
    Junsi670

Your welcome, always happy to help if I can :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement