Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

Pembily wrote: »
    Care to share :)

my singing exam results from yesterday! im still so proud!
    and today is my last day of work until the 2nd or 3rd of jan, whatever it is
    and and even though he and his daughter are sick, he might still be meeting me this evening! at last :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Congrats Bluey :D
    Sing us a song will ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bluewolf wrote: »
    my singing exam results from yesterday! im still so proud!
    and today is my last day of work until the 2nd or 3rd of jan, whatever it is
    and and even though he and his daughter are sick, he might still be meeting me this evening! at last :D:D

Whoop, whoop :):):)

I went to Cafe Java on my break and saw an Audi R8 - ohmysweetholygod, beautiful and it purred!

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

I went to Cafe Java on my break and saw an Audi R8 - ohmysweetholygod, beautiful and it purred!

*googles*
    not bad at all! :)

prefer mine though :cool::cool:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/206cc.jpg/800px-206cc.jpg

dreading the insurance quote this year ha ha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all.. sorry, was in transit.

We had our company Xmas party last Sat. Way too early for Xmas party but was good. Free bar alllllllllllllllll night :D

Have team Xmas party tonight, now that will be messy :p :pac:

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all.. sorry, was in transit.

We had our company Xmas party last Sat. Way too early for Xmas party but was good. Free bar alllllllllllllllll night :D

Have team Xmas party tonight, now that will be messy :p :pac:

You have to be in the Christmas spirit now?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You have to be in the Christmas spirit now?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Ya reckon??? not yet.. havent unpacked yet. Give me a day or two :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Marry me!

Saw one in Vienna. The guy parked it about a metre from the path and took up two spaces.

You can do what you like when you drive an R8.

Sky King wrote: »
    Marry me!

Saw one in Vienna. The guy parked it about a metre from the path and took up two spaces.

You can do what you like when you drive an R8.
    If you own one and will let me drive it, no probs :pac: I oogled the engine and had to walk away as the owner was getting out of the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hellourp

I don't really know what that means, I just thought I'd say it.

I think I need a new wok and need to take some chinese cooking lessons.

When I say chinese cooking lessons, I mean "how do I make food at home that tastes like the takeaway" :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

G-Money wrote: »
    When I say chinese cooking lessons, I mean "how do I make food at home that tastes like the takeaway" :cool:

Is it possible?

Fried rice from my local is delightful. Don't think I could ever get it tasting that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have a huge love for Audis - my dad had an A4 and then an A6 when I was younger - great cars.

Playing Forza3 at the mo and the minute I had the cash purchased myself an RS4 - absolutely love that car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I loved my a4 :(

Just about to go for a smoke the heavens open

:(:(

Dr Galen wrote: »

What did you do to it?

Had to give it back. Was a company car, had it for week, was leaving that job.

Picked and fitted out to my spec. Dark blue, sport kit, the upgraded stereo option.... :(

Picked and fitted out to my spec. Dark blue, sport kit, the upgraded stereo option.... :(

I would've kept the job....
    :D

I know exactly how your car looks - when I was a student there was a guy living in the same complex with that same car by the sounds of it - leather interior, lovely alloys - great looking car.

My plan is to get an a4 as my next car - I'm pretty much trying to get into a field of IT that I love and pays well in order to do so :pac:

It's not all for the car btw but it's certainly a driving factor!!

I would've kept the job....
    :D

Believe you wouldn't

@paulie

No leather. Not a huge fan of leather seats tbh. I find them too sweaty :)

Believe you wouldn't

@paulie

No leather. Not a huge fan of leather seats tbh. I find them too sweaty :)
    Never had them tbh - I'd say they're awful in summer and pretty awful in winter too though...they look fantastic though :)

• Advertisement

oh yeah they look great mostly, but in the winter they be freezing, unless you got heated ones and in the summer i just get all sticky. plus you should really look after them properly like, and tbh cba :pac:

oh yeah they look great mostly, but in the winter they be freezing, unless you got heated ones and in the summer i just get all sticky. plus you should really look after them properly like, and tbh cba :pac:
    I'd be of the same mould!! I really need to clean out my car - it's not too bad but I like it looking nice and it could do with a hoover

Oh yes.. the R8 has to one of the most stunning cars on the road. Absolutely love em. If I ever win the lotto, it will be like an advert for the lotto, me standing there giant cheque in hand in the Audi showroom point at an R8 going "Do you take cheques" :D:D:D

In the mean time ill stick with my A6 :(

First world problems eh?
    :pac:

You're looking for a slap upside the head with that sad face TP!!

PaulieC wrote: »

You're looking for a slap upside the head with that sad face TP!!

It's 10 years old. Hardly luxury now is it. But its my baby.. until I get the R8 that is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's 10 years old. Hardly luxury now is it. But its my baby.. until I get the R8 that is :D

One car more than I have all the same!

I have to settle for the luxury of my new LEAP card :P

One car more than I have all the same!

I have to settle for the luxury of my new LEAP card :P

Leap card??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Leap card??

Smart Card that works on Dublin Bus, An Luas and Irish Rail.

• Advertisement

Leap card??

Smart Card that works on Dublin Bus, An Luas and Irish Rail.

Oooooh when did that come in???

About bloody time too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was soft launched on Monday. They are planning on doing a marketing campaign on it in January. Only acting as a cash replacement for the now.

What to do when you work in a large company and see a girl you fancy, but you don't work together at any stage, aren't on the same team, aren't even in the same department, works in another part of the building and you've no mutual contacts.

And forget the idea of getting chatting at a social event, I'm a contractor so I don't get invited to the company parties.

I guess I'm going to have to hope that fate somehow intervenes on my behalf!

yeah, you could wait for fate to intervene

or like just talk to her :) make the move man. You'll never know unless you try!

yeah, you could wait for fate to intervene

or like just talk to her :) make the move man. You'll never know unless you try!

Easier said than done. I would chat if I got the chance but I never do.

Anyway, it's hardly a case of Romeo and Juliet!

maybe she's actually a horrible person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

maybe she's actually a horrible person

Someone's annoyed about Dunnes running out of the cheap Haagen-Dazs today.

amacachi wrote: »
    Someone's annoyed about Dunnes running out of the cheap Haagen-Dazs today.

he was supposed to reply "of course she isnt"
    then i would tell him "THEN GO AND TALK TO HER"

anyway i had haagen dazs this evening as it happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

he was supposed to reply "of course she isnt"
    then i would tell him "THEN GO AND TALK TO HER"

I'm not jelly..:(
    Frickin' sandwich just isn't cutting it.

Cookies and Cream? I haven't been brave enough to try and Strawberries type one. :pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm not jelly..:(
    Frickin' sandwich just isn't cutting it.

I want something nice. The 'sweets cupboard' only has crap I don't want it. I've had a nutri-grain, an apple and a yogurt.
    Still want....

• Advertisement

I want something nice. The 'sweets cupboard' only has crap I don't want it. I've had a nutri-grain, an apple and a yogurt.
    Still want....

Lets just say I've been to tesco and discovered Kellog's Krave caramel flavour.
    Soo much cereal has been eaten in the last half hour!:o:)

Lets just say I've been to tesco and discovered Kellog's Krave caramel flavour.
    Soo much cereal has been eaten in the last half hour!:o:)

That sounds perfect....going to Tesco tomorrow to be prepared for the next hunger attack. I'll let you know what I think :cool:

Still want....

Dominoes deliver until 5am. At least they do here, don't know about your neck of the woods.

*Sits back and enjoys all the people who will now late night order pizza, even when not drunk :cool:

Dominos only deliver til 1 here, Mizzoni are late most places I think.

I wonder how much trade they get in the wee small hours, apart from weekends when people stagger home drunk. My local one is open/delivers until 5am every day of the week.

Dominoes deliver until 5am. At least they do here, don't know about your neck of the woods.

*Sits back and enjoys all the people who will now late night order pizza, even when not drunk :cool:

I'm in the sticks :mad:
    Well, I'm only five miles from town, sober, so could drive, but am too comfy and would feel like a total spa driving the whole way to Tesco for nyoms at this hour.
    Coffee and bed will have to do...

I'm in the sticks :mad:
    Well, I'm only five miles from town, sober, so could drive, but am too comfy and would feel like a total spa driving the whole way to Tesco for nyoms at this hour.
    Coffee and bed will have to do...

heyyyyy.....!:o:pac:

I wonder how much trade they get in the wee small hours, apart from weekends when people stagger home drunk. My local one is open/delivers until 5am every day of the week.

Even without much custom it might still make sense to stay open. A Tesco here used to be open 24 hours but the running costs over what they would've been were tiny. Shelf-stackers would've been there anyone, people signing-off on deliveries would've been there anyway etc. Having a couple of extra staff in would be more or less covered by the extra custom but the loyalty it creates is worth more I think.

heyyyyy.....!:o:pac:

Whoops :D
    You're still winning though - you had the dedication and 'inner power' to go get the food. I'm in bed, hungry and cold. In hindsight, I should've gone to Tesco :(

Morning all, it's Friday :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement