Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Those agent offers do be great. I got Raul for QPR in 2012 :D

In another note, FCUK Man United! They robbed me of Champions League last season and now hammered me 8-2 at Old Trafford. They beat me 7-1 in the same fixture last season. Nobody else comes close to those kind of scorelines. My form is really inconsistant this season, 3 games in the Europa League and three wins (two hammerings). But in the League I have one win and three losses putting me 18th with a trip to the Emirates next :( Out of the Carling Cup too but that was AET with a weakened team against Wolves who are flying this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rovers held me to a draw in the last game but it has been at least 8 seasons since they won the IPD.

20 Goals, 11 Games. Losing him on a free to Birmingham at the end of the season. :( I warned him with transfer list loads of times and he kept saying he really wanted to stay. So then I'd offer a contract and it wouldn't be good enough. Bastard.

580344_10152139913765307_884402995_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I've played Shams 12 times now and only won 3 :( 11 games gone in the 2015 season and they are undefeated.

They are just after beating me 5-2 and are on a 23 match unbeaten run :mad: don't know how I am going to stop them. Have also drawn them in the FAI Cup as well :(

What a group to get drawn in!

430500_10152141217365307_1902706235_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ouch, wouldn't envy you there...

Lost to United away but beat Galatasary at home 3-0. Wolfsburg is up next.

Got this message though, have never seen it before!

419536_10152142014775307_2031569910_n.jpg

He isn't even that great a player but I wanted another HG player and he is better than my best keeper.

:(

250155_10152144047750307_704712694_n.jpg

The club are expanding the seating capacity again!

They have also agreed to improve facilities again. :)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :(

250155_10152144047750307_704712694_n.jpg

The club are expanding the seating capacity again!

They have also agreed to improve facilities again. :)

Hard luck! So close to qualifying. You have the Europa League though :)

Hard luck! So close to qualifying. You have the Europa League though :)

Yep! I have a better chance of making it through the Europa League which is actually better for the club reputation.

Although I did draw Shaktar Donetsk. :(

• Advertisement

Finished the season in 3rd. Had a chance on the last day of season to leapfrog Shamrock Rovers into 2nd, we were 1 point behind them. We led in our game, and they were losing for most of game, but then Bohs (who I was playing) came back and scored to draw game, and Rovers came away with a win anyway, so it didn't matter. 3 points behind 2nd place, like 10 behind first - not great.

Made a tonne of money though thanks to the Europa League, so we've now gone professional. Not sure how this will help us, but we're going to make a big push on league this year, and the free agents are still coming in, so don't need my transfer budget...

The difference is you can finally put players on proper full time training regimes and your pool of players opens up a bit.

The difference is you can finally put players on proper full time training regimes and your pool of players opens up a bit.

Cheers. Had an agent offer a player to me, some German lad. He wanted like 4K a week, managed to get him down to 2.5K (which is the max I'm allowed), salaries have jumped quickly... Am thinking that if I don't get another European run I could be in trouble... We made profits last year in and around the 400K mark, which was mainly because we took in over €1million for the Europa League...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dulpit wrote: »
    Cheers. Had an agent offer a player to me, some German lad. He wanted like 4K a week, managed to get him down to 2.5K (which is the max I'm allowed), salaries have jumped quickly... Am thinking that if I don't get another European run I could be in trouble... We made profits last year in and around the 400K mark, which was mainly because we took in over €1million for the Europa League...

Just wait for your best and Key players start moaning to leave the club for a bigger one, the only good thing about it is $$$ after getting them for nothing!

Fair point, haven't had that happen yet though, I haven't sold one player in my time with St. Pat's (lots of people have been released though).

BTW - time to update the sig I'd say Mc Love :pac:

BTW - time to update the sig I'd say Mc Love :pac:

Was thinking that alright - but its still true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The season has been going well.Top of the table but now this has happened:

Injuries.png

Going to have to get in some new players.All of the people who are injured are first team players and all are out for at least 2 months each.

Chavways wrote: »

Injuries.png

Going to have to get in some new players.All of the people who are injured are first team players and all are out for at least 2 months each.

David Lynch was class for me with Waterford United. Eventually he wasn't good enough but he's still playing in 2024 and I always get asked what's my relationship with him!

David Lynch was class for me with Waterford United. Eventually he wasn't good enough but he's still playing in 2024 and I always get asked what's my relationship with him!

He's definately one of my better players.Has like 10 or 11 assists from centre mid in around 14 games.

• Advertisement

Keep on having goals disallowed due to offside, very annoying - any ideas on how to stop this?

On a plus, we have 3 full internationals playing for St. Pats now, and have become very diverse, our main 16 players include 5 Irish, 1 Dutch, 3 Northern Irish, 1 Guinean, 2 Algerians, 1 English, 1 Welsh, 1 Turk and 1 Italian. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Keep on having goals disallowed due to offside, very annoying - any ideas on how to stop this?

On a plus, we have 3 full internationals playing for St. Pats now, and have become very diverse, our main 16 players include 5 Irish, 1 Dutch, 3 Northern Irish, 1 Guinean, 2 Algerians, 1 English, 1 Welsh, 1 Turk and 1 Italian. :pac:

It's great signing foreign players but dont forget for Europe you need at least four players trained by your club and eight trained in your country. I had to leave four spaces in my Europa League squad due to having no first team players trained by the club. It's awful having to decide who to leave out.

Ranking.png

Moving up in the world. :pac::pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »

It's great signing foreign players but dont forget for Europe you need at least four players trained by your club and eight trained in your country. I had to leave four spaces in my Europa League squad due to having no first team players trained by the club. It's awful having to decide who to leave out.
    Yup, although got caught last year too even though my team was mainly irish, as I didn't have players trained by club...

We'll manage...

Ranking.png

Moving up in the world. :pac::pac:

You blacked out your name on the bottom and top but forgot to do it in the main part :pac::pac:

Injuries.png

I see you have Dimitriou in your team as well. Unreal for me :) now a full Cypriot international. Has 13 goals in 20 games for me so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Playing as Marseille, sold Mandana, Valbuena and Remy and have brought in Artur Boruc, Gary Hooper, David Meyler and Younes Belhanda and Hugo Viana. I had no funds so just wanted to make the team mine! Made sense selling my 3 best players haha.

Mc Love wrote: »
    You blacked out your name on the bottom and top but forgot to do it in the main part :pac::pac:

Woops.Oh well, my secret is out.

My training facilities have gone from 5 silver starts to 3 gold stars!

The IPD just up 10 places and is now the 27th best league in the world and is on par with the Championship!

My training facilities have gone from 5 silver starts to 3 gold stars!

The IPD just up 10 places and is now the 27th best league in the world and is on par with the Championship!

Nice work... What year you in now?

Nice work... What year you in now?

2024!

My star striker has broken his ankle. Mad rush to find a loan replacement. :(

Another one of my strikers is a complete sick note too.

I've just accepted the role of Wales manager too as I've never managed an international team in any FM game.

• Advertisement

International management is a joke = clear indication that I have never done well with it.

6 first team injuries. :mad:

I'm fit to kill!!

All of those injuries and I'm trying to find a striker on loan.

Then a bid comes in for my best left winger who can play as a striker and the boards accepts the bid!! GAAAHH! :(

I won my first two games as Wales manager by two goals each! :D

Sweet mother of jesus, my finest moment in FM12 so far! City are the current PL champions! That's 3 points on the board now!

284024_10152158165595307_1812014263_n.jpg

And only 5,200 showed up too :D

They were all the seated poshwits! There's 4,800 standing space like!

They were all the seated poshwits! There's 4,800 standing space like!

Yeah I still only have 250 seats with over 4k standing!

Waterford United won their 9th Premier Division title in a row by 19 points. Can I make it 10 in a row?

I've noticed the prize money increasing every year.

Premier Division now up to 23rd position 4 behind the championship but on the same reputation.

Limerick have also moved up to 31st in Europe - I bet come the end of the season we will still be behind shamrock rovers

Also the team that finishes top will be entered into the group stages! Brilliant!!

• Advertisement

I've noticed the prize money increasing every year.

That's inflation for you... :pac:

Looks like St. Pat's are going to be knocked out of the Europa League in the 3rd Qualifying Round, we lost 3-1 to AZ Alkmaar in first leg, although we do have the return fixture at home. With all of the nonsense of cup matches and the few international players I have decimating my squad on a number of occasions we are already 9 points behind Shamrock Rovers - I think I'll be retiring from St. Pat's if we are knocked out, going to see if I can make my name across the water...

A league 1 team (can't remember who from where I am sitting) offered me a job at the start of their season, but I turned it down, kind of regretting missing out on that challenge...

Mc Love wrote: »
    Also the team that finishes top will be entered into the group stages! Brilliant!!

Does that mean you get the tonne of money that comes with qualifying through the qualifying rounds automatically by winning the league?

550866_10152162435125307_1564176666_n.jpg

:eek:

There was no indication of it happening!

How many teams from Ireland go on ot the Europa League qualifiers? Trying to keep in and around the top so I can secure some extra income.

Mine it's one CL place and 2 EL places.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

550866_10152162435125307_1564176666_n.jpg

:eek:

There was no indication of it happening!
    You got the stadium named after you! I never get that no matter how successfull I am!

Nice work...
    I am a jealous panda here...

F*ck you Rovers! :D

416835_10152162672055307_528788459_n.jpg

F*ck you Rovers! :D

416835_10152162672055307_528788459_n.jpg

Cork City :(

• Advertisement

Congrats Mars Bar!! How long did it take to surpass them bastards?

I rejected a bid for a player, agent wants improved deal, go to offer new deal and agent says client isnt interested in renewing! GAH!

Advertisement