Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

First Up wrote: »
    Level par for the weekend.

That is progress.

You just feel he needs one really good week. I see he has an invite to the BMW in Munich in two weeks' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Kevin Phelan -5 after 14 in BMW International, currently tied 3rd.

McGrane -3.
    Lawrie -2 after 11.
    Clarke -2 after 10.
    Hoey -2 after 16.
    Lowry level par.

Aside from Clarke they could all do with a decent pay day towards getting next years playing rights.

Kevin Phelan -5 after 14 in BMW International, currently tied 3rd.

McGrane -3.
    Lawrie -2 after 11.
    Clarke -2 after 10.
    Hoey -2 after 16.
    Lowry level par.

Aside from Clarke they could all do with a decent pay day towards getting next years playing rights.

.....um I think Lowry is OK for pay cheques too!

vienne86 wrote: »
    .....um I think Lowry is OK for pay cheques too!

biggrin.png Still want to see him make the cut though tongue.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Phelan and Hoey on a tear this morning. Both on -7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,703 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Isn't this is flagship event? Strange that Poulter heads off to Japan to play.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Isn't this is flagship event? Strange that Poulter heads off to Japan to play.

Not a flagship event but Poulter did play in the U.S when the BMW PGA was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Kaymer has taken at least 20 mins over a drop on 18. The longest wait the guys in Sky have seen.

Kaymer bogeys and crashes out of his home open again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

PARlance wrote: »
    Kaymer has taken at least 20 mins over a drop on 18. The longest wait the guys in Sky have seen.

That's just silly... what took so long or was he waiting an age for an official?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

He spoke very well the other day about wanting to support the Euro Tour.

He is a decent bloke. I'd imagine he wants to make cut.

But, was watching him a bit - he has been very poor since that collapse in that lead he had. Where was it again ?

He was pulling shots, too long - he just doesn't look a major winner at the moment.

HighLine wrote: »
    That's just silly... what took so long or was he waiting an age for an official?

Nope, official was there from the start!
    They were trying to establish point of entry, the first (& correct) point was 40 yards back from the second point... it hit a tree that was inside the hazard but some branches were outside... they were trying to establish which branch it hit.
    They called in Wayne Riley and got Sky to act as a video ref, sky couldn't determine conclusively.

Nope, official was there from the start!
    They were trying to establish point of entry, the first (& correct) point was 40 yards back from the second point... it hit a tree that was inside the hazard but some branches were outside... they were trying to establish which branch it hit.
    They called in Wayne Riley and got Sky to act as a video ref, sky couldn't determine conclusively.

Sounds comical! Glad it didn't disrupt Shane in finishing off with his birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

Anton Kirstein, playing in the last group, has just birdied his 18th hole (the 9th) and moved the cut mark from -2 to -3. Reduces the number of players making the cut from 77 to 65.

All six Irish players made the cut. First time in a long time that I can remember 100% success in making the cut for that large a group of Irish players.

abff wrote: »
    Anton Kirstein, playing in the last group, has just birdied his 18th hole (the 9th) and moved the cut mark from -2 to -3. Reduces the number of players making the cut from 77 to 65.

All six Irish players made the cut. First time in a long time that I can remember 100% success in making the cut for that large a group of Irish players.

Great work from the six Irish players. I was travelling all day today, and only checked my phone app this evening and when I couldn't find Peter Lawrie's name on my first scan of the leaderboard......then I found him! Big chance, but as another poster has said, he needs to have a better Satruday than he has had all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Should be a good afternoon in Munich, Hoey, Larrazabal and Paisley all at 15 with plenty out on the course within 3 shots.

Pity Hoey seems to have run out of steam on the back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

The 18th seems to be causing a lot of problems today. Currently averaging 5.14 after 43 players have played it. First time I can remember a hole playing more than a full shot over par on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

abff wrote: »
    The 18th seems to be causing a lot of problems today. Currently averaging 5.14 after 43 players have played it. First time I can remember a hole playing more than a full shot over par on average.

The wind was much stronger for the early finishers. Now that the bad weather has passed them by, it should be a bit easier for the later groups. Sucker pin, though for those needing a birdie.

Wiesberger deserved that - he really played well, as did Morrison. Disappointed for Dubuisson, but it was a good afternoon of golf on TV.

• Advertisement

Nice to see the one tee start in operation at The Scottish Open.

Steady start for Padraig, -1 after 4.

McGrane level after 13.

McGinley +5 after 10.

Lowry off at 1:10 with Larrazabal and The Mechanic.

McDowell turned in 30 shots, tied for the lead at -5.

Poor David Duval shot +7, no surprise there you might say!
    Unfortunately he started and finished with quadruple bogey 8's.
    You could say he showed some promise being -1 for the middle 16 holes biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Dying to head out on the links after watching this all morning but I'm stuck at home waiting for furniture delivery

Justin Rose just took out a spectator without any shout of fore. What a bold boy Justin is. (Rephrased for Keano's delicate ears)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote: »
    Justin Rose just took out a spectator without any shout of fore. What a bold boy Justin is. (Rephrased for Keano's delicate ears)

That is just completely unacceptable. It should incur at least a hefty fine but I would support even heftier sanctions - 2 shot penalty and d/q if it happens again.

Another missed cut for Damian McGrane. He's having a rough season.

Gotta hand it to Brooks - he had a woeful start, but it back on the top of the leaderboard.

Jacquelin nearly pitches in for eagle on 2. Hope he does the business today, nicest swing in golf imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

looks like a win for fowler, some shot in at the last for tap in birdie..

Advertisement