Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options
  • 17-11-2014 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

We'll try again.

-Please keep it civil

-Report posts/posters if you believe they are trolling, please don't drag the thread off topic

-Don't be a d!ck

Any of the above or breaches of the charter will result in thread/forum bans. Warnings and cards don't seem to have had any effect so unfortunately that's what it has come to.

It's obviously a huge issue that is gonna run for a while so lets at least try and stay civil :) cheers

Comments

FFS! Where my poll!

:confused::eek::mad::o;):P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

More disgraceful scenes as the usual idiots are attacking the taoiseachs car. It's time to bring in the army as the government cannot do their mandated duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I can't wait to pay for water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can't wait to pay for water.

I can't wait to see how much the price increases over the years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

FFS! Where my poll!

:confused::eek::mad::o;):P

Busy... another film ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Well done to the huge turnout in Sligo even after all the scaremongering slung by the pro-govt brigade, people were not afraid to go out and protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No water charges til January now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,580 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How did Sligo go tonight, didn't see the News?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Beaner1 wrote: »
    More disgraceful scenes as the usual idiots are attacking the taoiseachs car. It's time to bring in the army as the government cannot do their mandated duties.[/

Translated.

Outraged citizens express their opinions to incompetant

I'd love to tell my views to a few of these protestors. Slam my fists on their car as they head into work. Actually that scenario is impossible for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'd love to tell my views to a few of these protestors. Slam my fists on their car as they head into work. Actually that scenario is impossible for obvious reasons.

So why not take a trip down to Donaghmede ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

More disgraceful scenes as the usual idiots are attacking the taoiseachs car. It's time to bring in the army as the government cannot do their mandated duties.

Very true. Watching the news, I saw a huge Gard hurl himself onto the bonnet and get carried along for several meters. Mutiny afoot? Or just over-eager?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Get out now Enda wasn't so long ago he was calling the 2 Brian’s
    “Economic traitors” good crowd in Sligo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

That worked well in the North.

hju6 wrote: »
    So why not take a trip down to Donaghmede ?

I'm planning to protest for water charges when I come back before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

What was that about trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Eh, good luck with that!

123balltv wrote: »
    Get out now Enda wasn't so long ago he was calling the 2 Brian’s
    “Economic traitors” good crowd in Sligo.

Ha the irony of him saying that when Enda has ruined this....actually wait we have the highest rate of growth in the EU, record low bond yields, much improved employment and a deficit that is a fraction of the pre FF days.

Don't bother, you will be too late, the incompetant and his water fantasy will be gone by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The funny thing about the new charges, is that it seems to penalise the 2-adult household. Thats going to need a rethink . Other then that it doesn't seem a bad system, somewhat clumsy to implement, and theres no doubt that the €100 in green shield stamps will get reduced to zero over a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Why don't you do what you promised to do on your facebook page?
    Expose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mod: Stop trolling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Another delay

Are all these pushbacks due to them not getting huge amounts of numbers signing up I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

According to the Irish Times...

No payments until spring next year.

No bills until Jan 2015...

"Households will not be charged for the water they use until after Christmas under the substantially recast water charges plan to be announced by the Coalition on Wednesday.
    Under the original plan, homes were to be charged for the water use from the start of last month, with the bills due to arrive at the end of January."

They are on the run,it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

No update on the nine o'clock news on Edna's arrival by helicopter for another meeting (8pm) at the Crown Plaza in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Ha the irony of him saying that when Enda has ruined this....actually wait we have the highest rate of growth in the EU, record low bond yields, much improved employment and a deficit that is a fraction of the pre FF days.

don't say that , the lefties want the country to be stick in a quagmire, suits the message. You can't be " huddled masses" when you in buying a latte.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,580 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ha ha they seem to be all of a dither. IW is dying slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This country is a disgrace, it's being turned into an industrial estate for the citizens, and a playground for the rich.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Mod: Stop trolling!

I'm being 100% genuine about this. I'd be fearful of doing it if I was living here full time but I think I might make a stand on my own for a couple of hours somewhere noticeable in Dublin. It would be an interesting way to gauge opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement