Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

she's getting on good . notice lots of changes in her now . She's more alert and her little face is filling out more . took her for the bcg last week . She bawled but as soon as she was redressed she slept . she hates being unseeded so it was probably more traumatic then the actual injection for her,it's horrible having to watch them cry getting it done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Thumpette wrote: »
    Thanks again for the lovely messages. I don't think I have any particular strength. You don't know what you're capable of until you need to access that inner strength and then I suspect most people have it in them. I just hope most people don't ever have to face the circumstances where that strength is needed. I feel like we either need to sink or swim and it would disrespect Max's memory if we were to let this destroy us. It's so important to us that we come out of this stronger- although we know we'll always carry this heart break with us.

Just wanted to share a little photo of Max with anyone who would like to see it. This was taken by the feilicean photographer and means the whole world to us. I won't leave it up too long.

Thumpette
    The three of you have our hearts and minds. You carry yourself with immense grace and dignity.
    Stay safe and strong

x

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Good luck Mirrorwall. How are you both getting on Lashes and Bobskii?

all good here fall . How are you getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks everyone! Not due in until between 3-5 so trying to relax at home. It's a wierd feeling, excited and scared at the same time if you get me! Can't believe we'll have a baby in the next few days depending on how long this takes

• Advertisement

Good Bobskii. She is almost three weeks and the feeds are more settled now. The weeks fly. Have you introduced a bottle yet?
    I would say you are wired with excitement Mirrorwall. I hope it all progresses nicely and you don't have to wait too long.

plenty of r and r before the big event mirrorwall! !
    attempted the bottle introduction last night only to realise my steriliser doesn't fit in my microwave!just as well she took to the breastfeeding . I'll try again tomorrow when I get set up properly.

I took out my pump yesterday and realised I had no bottle to fit it! Has your little one had a bottle at all or will this be the first time?

I'm not the only one then lol!I must get new bottles for mine . no this will b gee first bottle .don't know how she'll take to it she's not bothered with a soother.
    she was formula fed with a tube in the hospital so we'll see if she takes to the bottle . has your little one had a bottle before?

My girl is not interested in the soother either. She had a bottle in the first week but not since then. I have seen it become a real struggle so I am definitely going to introduce it sooner rather than later even if it's expressed milk. I didn't realise your baby was in special care. Hope she is ok now.

• Advertisement

Yeh I don't want to leave it too long incase she refuses a bottle . While breastfeeding is great I'd like to be able to hand her over every now and then.
    Yeh she was in after she was born,her tummy was full of mucus and she stopped breathing . sell fine now she's in flying from.

Frightening stuff. Thank God she is ok. I am totally the same about wanting to have the option to let someone else feed her.just even to go and do something with my son.

Yeh that can't be easy . I'm lucky in a way I have the time to sit and feed during the day . there's nobody here only me and her but in the evenings I wouldn't mind an hour or so to be able to get stuff for uninterrupted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Checked in and first gel at 9 tonight apparently. Chilling out in the cafe with the OH at the moment. Much calmer/ready for this than I thought. Nearly there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Whoop mirror the end is in sight best of luck xx

will be thinking of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Nearly there! Best of luck mirrorwall!

Checked in and first gel at 9 tonight apparently. Chilling out in the cafe with the OH at the moment. Much calmer/ready for this than I thought. Nearly there :)
    I was in that cafe at half eight having tea and contractions and had my baby four hours later! Can't wait for your news Mirrorwall.

first bottle attempted,and it was a success!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

bobskii wrote: »
    first bottle attempted,and it was a success!

I want to express and give my boy a bottle too but am afraid to mess with my supply this early in - only 3.5 weeks old. Will leave it another week I think, but no longer :) Cant risk him not taking one, even just once in a while! I hate pumping though, such a drag!

• Advertisement

I didn't express I gave her formula cos I need to replace the pump bottles . but I do intent pumping even tho I hate it too!

Great stuff Bobskii. What formula and bottle did you use? What age is your girl? Mrs. Whippy my girl is three weeks on Wednesday so I am hoping to try around the four week mark. Hoping to express but also don't mind if it's one formula bottle a day eventually.

I used the tommee tippee bottle and aptimal formula,my friend recommend it as she says it's easier to wind them on aptimal.

Thanks. I wonder if she will sleep longer on the formula.

well she's in a very deep sleep now after annum settled day so I'm hoping she does and if she does I will give her the formula as her last bottle of the day!

Another very unsettled day here. said it to my phn and she basically said well if she's sleeping All night what do you want? Would love to know what's upsetting her so much will have a chat with my doc see what she says
    apitmal is the lightest formula I think. It's what I am feeding anyways

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Another very unsettled day here. said it to my phn and she basically said well if she's sleeping All night what do you want? Would love to know what's upsetting her so much will have a chat with my doc see what she says
    apitmal is the lightest formula I think. It's what I am feeding anyways

Wind? It's amazing how much of it my boy carries around - he's like a different baby after a good 20 mins of winding.

Mrs whippy I was winding her after every half ounce it was taking me nearly a hour and half to feed her. Today I took a different approach and gave her full ounces before winding. What age is your son? How often do you wind?.I think winding depends on each baby really?She gets wind up eventually then finishes the bottle sleeps for half hour n boom crying until next bottle. I've tried cooled boiled water and infacol. Nothing helps although white noise calmed her for a bit today.

I probably don't wind enough hence why my guy is very unsettled in the evenings :( I'm breastfeeding so I wind him before and after every feed but it's like it accumulates at the end of the day. My guy will be 4 weeks on Thursday :)

I find Dentinox to be helpful in getting the wind up - suitable from birth too. Try giving that before a feed?

• Advertisement

Could she be teething. Lashes? I can feel two teeth already. My son cut his first teeth at twelve weeks but was teething for weeks before it. Mrs whippy my breast fed baby is the same, very windy and wacky in the evening. I find infacol good.

Advertisement