Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lawliet wrote: »
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    +1 to this, even if you accept it you can still be offered courses higher in round 2, but if you don't accept and don't get another offer, then you get nothing. Would it not make sense to accept?
    Plus if you don't get another offer and decide you still don't want this course, you can just contact the CAO and tell them you don't want it. Better to just accept and keep your options open
    Are you 100% certain about that? I've decided I would like to either take a year out to mull over things and hopefully get a job in a hospital if I don't get medicine, and repeat just the HPAT and apply to UCAS. If I can't get aforementioned job I will just stay in school and also do the LC, aiming for the glorified 625. Exciting times. I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

jumpguy wrote: »
    Are you 100% certain about that? I've decided I would like to either take a year out to mull over things and hopefully get a job in a hospital if I don't get medicine, and repeat just the HPAT and apply to UCAS. If I can't get aforementioned job I will just stay in school and also do the LC, aiming for the glorified 625. Exciting times. I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?

Mod of LC and you don't even know this! :pac:

Accept the course now. It won't change anything at all, at all. You can decline it later by contacting the uni (or the CAO if the acceptance deadline isn't up) and you can still get a round 2 offer regardless of if you accepted or not!

Sorry if I'm not understanding what you're asking..! I have excuses! :P Also I'm not wearing my glasses! :pac:

Mod of LC and you don't even know this! :pac:

Accept the course now. It won't change anything at all, at all. You can decline it later by contacting the uni (or the CAO if the acceptance deadline isn't up) and you can still get a round 2 offer regardless of if you accepted or not!

[SIZE="1"]Sorry if I'm not understanding what you're asking..! I have excuses! :P Also I'm not wearing my glasses! :pac:[/SIZE]
    When is this 'acceptance deadline' the Cao have? How do you know I can reject the course after I accept? is it in the handbook or do you know people that have done it or what? /cautious

When is this 'acceptance deadline' the Cao have? How do you know I can reject the course after I accept? is it in the handbook or do you know people that have done it or what? /cautious

You just can..! Sorry for a blunt answer but like.. Plus if you don't reg like they'll get the hint! You won't be the first to do it, and you won't be the last! :)

I dunno when the deadline is but just accept it now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Yes, if you accept any course lower than your number one choice then you have a chance at getting offered anything above that choice in the second/third/fourth rounds. Of this I am 100% certain.

It is also definitely free to cancel your course. I accepted a course in Maynooth in 2009, and simply emailed the college to tell them I no longer wanted to go as I'd decided to repeat my Leaving Cert.

Accept it, Jumpguy. There's no downside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I dunno when the deadline is but just accept it now! :)

I think it's when the Round 2s are sent out, the unaccepted R1s expire, isn't it?

I think it's when the Round 2s are sent out, the unaccepted R1s expire, isn't it?

Yeah but maybe a day before.. I recall someone telling me the 29th.. but wait that's today?! Maybe by this evening (like Monday, not Sunday)?

Yeah but maybe a day before.. I recall someone telling me the 29th.. but wait that's today?! Maybe by this evening (like Monday, not Sunday)?

Yeah, you might be right about the day early thing. Regardless, Jumpguy, take the course, many people are leaving empty handed and would kill for a decent course. I myself am on my third choice atm, and I'm pretty alright about it, but am still slightly annoyed I missed out on UCD. Oh well, onwards and upwards, don't waste a year of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was right! :D :P

(but there are no fees for declining an accepted course)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

UCD are a bunch of arseholes. I've been up since 6.30, trying to register electives, and after 2 hours of very slow webpages, broken links, refreshing, I finally get in, but UCD have now removed the elective registration and what's more anyone who managed to get electives are going to be 'rolled back' so everybody is starting again on an equal footing, at a time 'to be announced'.

What the hell are we paying two grand for? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

UCD registration, AKA cruel and unusual punishment that I'm paying for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you 100% certain about that?

I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?
    You can definitely do this, I did two years ago; once I realised I'd rather repeat I just emailed the CAO telling them my circumstances had changed and I no longer wanted the course, and that was the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I can't log into mine either, so it's possibly just a problem with the website! And I don't think I was doing that badly!

(first post in the new aaaaarrggggghhhh)

We're back in action :)

That website is all over the place...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

We're back in action :)

That website is all over the place...

I was doing so well in my brother's league until this weekend, I got a miserable 38 points, whereas the people who had Dzeko or Rooney got an insane amount of points so I've been reduced from 3rd to 9th :mad: One guy got 91 points this weekend!

Ah well, I actually don't follow soccer at all and made my team purely from guessing, so it was fun to leave people baffled as to why they were being beaten by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Soooooo...kinda bad when you realise things you didnt mean to do :rolleyes: or say...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

School :(

My dad has woken me up a total of 4 times this morning.. :mad: (Ok they were all reasonable times to be woken up but I can be mad.. Right? :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My friend rang and woke me at 11 asking did I want to go for a walk. She said half 12, I dragged myself out of bed and got ready on time. She still isn't here. I could still me sleeping :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Fantasy Football is a real headwrecker!
    Put no effort into my team the year before last and finished with a net worth of 106, put loads of effort in last year and finished with a team worth 96 (OPL site one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I am no good at decision making. No good at all. I should be like the chairperson of the stupid decisions club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm sick. And my best friend isn't talking to me, if I did something to piss her off I don't know what it was so I don't know how to make it better. And I wasted the three months of Summer I've had so far, a whole quarter of a year at least down the drain. :(:(

I spent the last two weeks waiting for the activation code for online banking, finally got it today but I can't read the flipping thing! It's one of those peel back the foil and scratch things, and it's impossible to make out. I rang them but all they can do is send out another code. Fuck sake...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So lawds, tomorrow, 9am marks my first official class as a 5th year, and guess what it is? Feckin Economics in the boys school, the one class I have in the boys school and I have it first thing tomorrow morning.
    I am very, very unhappy about this.

Also, and this news is pretty awful. I got stung by a wasp for the first time in my entire life a few hours ago, around my neck, just up from my collarbone... But its after bruising for some queer reason and IT LOOKS LIKE A FECKIN HICKEY

F my L. Seriously. I want summer to come back and allow me lie in my bed forever.

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »

Also, and this news is pretty awful. I got stung by a wasp for the first time in my entire life a few hours ago, around my neck, just up from my collarbone... But its after bruising for some queer reason and IT LOOKS LIKE A FECKIN HICKEY

My mum got stung by a wasp in the exact same place today.... Mom?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

th_MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think it's time to call in JK

1179703.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

My eye is on fire.

Got a new pair of contacts on Saturday, which were monthly's that you are able to leave in, just putting drops in your eyes at night and in the morning. They were fine until Sunday afternoon, when my eye started burning. Now I've got a huge abscess in one eye, and am nearly blind in that eye. Not good. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

If I hear the words Leaving Cert one more time I'm gonna scream :( And it's only September..

• Advertisement

My eye is on fire.

Got a new pair of contacts on Saturday, which were monthly's that you are able to leave in, just putting drops in your eyes at night and in the morning. They were fine until Sunday afternoon, when my eye started burning. Now I've got a huge abscess in one eye, and am nearly blind in that eye. Not good. :(
    They make monthly's you can leave in? I never knew that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

They make monthly's you can leave in? I never knew that
    Well, they make monthly's that they allege you can leave in. My experience suggests otherwise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh Sweet child of mine, you were never meant to find out this way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

kev9100 wrote: »
    UCD registration, AKA cruel and unusual punishment that I'm paying for!

yes,yes it is.If you can call up the college itself they are lovely and very helpful with the mess of ucd registration

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Dad! Seriously!
    STOP BEING A GOWL.

Skintwin wrote: »
    Dad! Seriously!
    STOP BEING A GOWL.

The hell is a gowl? Some sort of raggedy scarf?

The hell is a gowl? Some sort of raggedy scarf?
    No that's a cowl, a gowl is a "Derogatory term for female genitalia often used in the south of Ireland to slag somebody or to emphasize irritation in relation to objects."

file.php?2,file=3192

No that's a cowl, a gowl is a "Derogatory term for female genitalia often used in the south of Ireland to slag somebody or to emphasize irritation in relation to objects."
    Really could not have said it better myself.
    It's a very Limerick word, normally said by a knacker (in that wonderful accent) and is pronounced "youuuu ghowwwwwwwl"

Sweet divine jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Relapse.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Sleeping pattern rabble rabble.

And it's too warm, so the window's open, but the peelings bucket for the compost bin (cause we're too lazy to walk to the end of the garden each individual time apparently) is directly below my window, and the smell of cabbage is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I have school tomorrow but I'm still awake? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I am so, so tired. 3 trains last night instead of a direct one cos on the direct they'd only let you buy a bed which was so much more expensive than every other bed we've got so far. Grrr.

Also froze my ass off on the various stopovers and trains. Piece of advice, no matter how high in the 30's the temperature is in a European city, bring a hoodie because they will air condition the crap out of you :(

School tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Fergus_ wrote: »
    School tomorrow :(

They're the best days of your life!!

(:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I would hate to be going back to school this year...

G'way you 2 >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eventual

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

best of luck on thursday:):):) hope you get your offer!

im on 727, devastated :(:(

• Advertisement

Fecking twat on the DIT registration "helpline" didn't have a clue what I was talking about even though I explained it to her like 4 times. Bah, back to reliable email it is.

Also, money is really really not good in my family at the moment and I feel awful about having to ask my parents to pay for college. I also have to come up with €300 for my uniform and knives. I've made a fiver last me since I got home over a week ago. I'm due to be paid this week but that all needs to go on college stuff/paying my credit card bill/paying people back.

Whoever said the recession is over is a liar. We're way worse off now than we were 2 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement