Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I am really wary about both of then, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't either are good enough for the NFL.

Sensabaugh has played well in the nickel, but hasnt seen much action outside.

Hes quicker than verner but not as experienced, Campbell is a big guy 6'3 and very quick so would assume he'll take the nickel position however all the chances he's been given he hasnt taken it on the outside but he has done ok in the slot

I would like to see Wooten get a good chance in camp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looking 95% likely that Wimbley will stay and then presumably move to OLB

Stevens restructures his contact, taking a 2 million pay cut this year, frankly wondering where all this cap space us going..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Unless Robinson or Matthews are available at 11, I think I'd like us to go with Mack, Mosely or Barr with our first pick.

I doubt Mack will be there,i think its likely to be Barr but could easily be Mosley

• Advertisement

10 Key Players for the Titans this year (Idea stolen from a fan site)

Locker.. no explanation needed here, a good year from him will see the Titans in the play off mix

Wright.. needs to keep his momentum going and with a healthy QB could get a lot of yards

Hunter.. had a solid 1st year and now should be likely to break out

Schwenke.. struggled with injury last year but have the tools to help soldify the inside of the line

Warmack.. Struggled in pass coverage but did pretty good in the run game

Sensabaugh.. will fight it out for the number 2 Corner, doesnt have elite size but does have speed and has done well in the nickel, if he gets the job he has a big challenge.

Wreh Wilson.. will either get the outside spot or the nickel and can do either well imo.

Casey.. not much info needed here, a stud DT but will be interesting to see how the new D affects his productivity

Pollard.. had a great season last year, his aggression let Griffin re-discover some of his mobile form from a couple of years ago. Attacks the ball and wasnt a liability in coverage as many expected. A born leader

Zack Brown.. had a great fist 6 games but seemed to tail off, had the tools to be a beast OLB and with the hybrid look this year will likely see a lot of rushes and hopefully sacks

Not much happening with the Titans

Charlie Whitehurst has been running the OTAs as he's the most familiar with the schemes and routes so he's getting in some clipboard holding practice :( bring back the Fitz!

Its Lockers last year and he knows he's likely playing not only for his Titans future but really his NFL future. If he gets injured again his career is over imo. He needs to stay healthy and i for one hope he stays healthy and becomes the Titans QB for a good few years.

The Titans dont have a third round pick, i could see them trading back in the first to pick up a 3rd. I think this depends on really who is available to them @ 11 if the OLBs, DEs are gone i think they trade back for a CB and then a QB then a HB in that order.

I read a comment one of the analysts on nfl.com made and I have to admit I agree with it. It was along the lines of -- The Titans are the nfls most forgettable teams and all they have done during free agency is made themselves more forgettable.

The more I look at our FA, the less I like it.

I think we are "forgettable" because we're a small city team, thats not a bad thing.. we could be the browns!
    CJ is going to get massive NFL and media coverage now he's in NYC

We are definitely doing the steady approach rather than the super start approach. I think the play makers are on the team already

Hunter/Wright
    Casey, Pollard Brown

Apart from Dexter i dont see any potential stars, the 2 broncos should be pretty solid though

Tough first month for us...

• Advertisement

brutal 1st month, 3 road games against last seasons play off teams, we could very well be 0-4 at the end of September.

October is better Browns/Jags/Skins/Texans

we will likely end up +/- a game or 2 at the bye week.

Primetime thursday game is against the JAgs... not exactly primetime!

Jets game is Dec so that will be good to see.

love me some pollard

We have been a team where we have sucked butt. And I’m just being perfectly honest with you. We have sucked butt, and it’s time for us to turn that corner. Like I said last year and this year, we’re gonna knock the piss out of you. It’s gonna be fair. It’s gonna be within the lines – I may get one outside the lines or whatever – but that’s just who I am and that’s just who we are. It’s going to be a lot of fun doing it,” he said.

Casey has said he hopes & expects the Titans to lock him up long term, at this point doesnt look like he'll want to hit FA next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pollard was the favourite of the Baltimore press corps. They awarded him their media "good guy" award for being always available to them.

The award was a pair of jocks due to his habit of giving locker room interviews while undressed :/

Very articulate and well spoken player and always willing to speak out but that wasn't appreciated in Baltimore management and Harbaugh sent him on his way during the off season.

yeah he's often quoted by press and they sure do love quoting him

I see we've been mocked Bortles by Mayock. If we were to take a QB I'd like for us to take Derek Carr, move down and pick up a third in this draft. Not sure how I feel about us taking a QB though. I still hope Locker can stay healthy.

Can't see that happening, personally I'm a fan of garoppolo and would like him in the 2nd but it seems he'll be gone before that.

I still would like us to trade down to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

Don't know how to feel about that pick. I'm pretty uninspired by it, but then again he could turn out to be the starter at LT for 10 plus years. My dream situation was to trade back to get another pick or two for this year and then take Bridgewater later in the 1st.

After changing to a 3-4 defence and with questions at QB I would have liked a couple more picks to fall back on. Without a pick in the 3rd round and no compensatory picks at any stage it's touch to predict how the rest of this draft will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

ye have an embarasment of riches at o-line now will oher bench for ye?

nerd69 wrote: »
    ye have an embarasment of riches at o-line now will oher bench for ye?

Yeah I think so, it wouldn't even make sense to push one of the tackles inside cause we are sticked with interior lineman too.

My number 1 rated QB is Derek Carr. I would love if we could pick him up in the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

Yeah I think so, it wouldn't even make sense to push one of the tackles inside cause we are sticked with interior lineman too.

My number 1 rated QB is Derek Carr. I would love if we could pick him up in the second round.

what is it warmack levetre and ....schewnke? has levetre lived up to that contract

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    what is it warmack levetre and ....schewnke? has levetre lived up to that contract

I think so, I thought he was very good. Warmack was maybe not as good as expected with a top 10 selection being spent on an interior lineman, but was still very good. Yeah Schewnke got his chance cause of an injury and he just never let up, he earned the starting spot the hard way.

No point having a great O line if we have no QB or RB to take advantage of it, which is where we stand right now.

Not the pick I though, was Barr still available, stupid holidays in the way of draft!

Not the pick I though, was Barr still available, stupid holidays in the way of draft!

Barr and Gilbert were gone. Two years in a row we go olibe, not too exciting

Qb or rb next I think

If Carr is not available I think we need to trade back and pick up a third. This is the kind of draft were u really want to be stacked with mid round picks. Drop back to later in the second and take Hill, use the acquired third pick on best pass rusher or corner available. Pick up logan Thomas in the 4th.

Lewan is a good pick for where we git him, would have liked for Barr to be available though

The more I have time to think about the Lewan pick the more I get annoyed by it. The way the board fell I though we were in a great position to trade back, which I had hoped they would do from the start. To not only stick, but to go O-Line for the second year in a row isn't something that is going to particularly excite people, although I can kind of understand the reasoning.

But for that O-Line man to:

1) Have off the field concerns
    2) Be someone who might not start for a year
    3) And worst of all he's a University of Michigan player who I've hated for the last few years :pac:

The upside is that he seems to be good value at 11. So while I'm pissed that my preferred 1st round scenarios didn't work out, that will pass as the season gets closer and hopefully he'll end up being a stud LT for years to come.

Heffo001 wrote: »
    The more I have time to think about the Lewan pick the more I get annoyed by it. The way the board fell I though we were in a great position to trade back, which I had hoped they would do from the start. To not only stick, but to go O-Line for the second year in a row isn't something that is going to particularly excite people, although I can kind of understand the reasoning.

But for that O-Line man to:

1) Have off the field concerns
    2) Be someone who might not start for a year
    3) And worst of all he's a University of Michigan player who I've hated for the last few years :pac:

The upside is that he seems to be good value at 11. So while I'm pissed that my preferred 1st round scenarios didn't work out, that will pass as the season gets closer and hopefully he'll end up being a stud LT for years to come.

I know how you feel, I was really hoping we could trade back and pick up at least a third. It now leaves us in a position that we strongly have to consider trading back with our second round pick because a third in this draft will get you a legit prospect.

If I could have had my way, trade back to the very back of the first, grab Roby in the late twenties, surely trading back ~15 picks, would have gotten us a third and fourth or even a second. Make a small move for Carr in the second, take best HB available in the third and then attack needs with late round picks.

OR

Drop back in the first, take Roby, make a move for Ealy in the second round, best available HB in the third and take Logan Thomas in the 4th.

At the same time I'm not disappointed with how it did work out for us but I think it could have went better. We shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking Oher was going to be good enough so Tackle was still an area of need and we probably got the best player available with that pick and it ticked off a need.

If Carr is not available I think we need to trade back and pick up a third. This is the kind of draft were u really want to be stacked with mid round picks. Drop back to later in the second and take Hill, use the acquired third pick on best pass rusher or corner available. Pick up logan Thomas in the 4th.

Lewan is a good pick for where we git him, would have liked for Barr to be available though

I wouldn't be against those picks, but what are the chances of Webster going Hill (another player with character issues) in the second after taking Lewan in the first.
    I know how you feel, I was really hoping we could trade back and pick up at least a third. It now leaves us in a position that we strongly have to consider trading back with our second round pick because a third in this draft will get you a legit prospect.

If I could have had my way, trade back to the very back of the first, grab Roby in the late twenties, surely trading back ~15 picks, would have gotten us a third and fourth or even a second. Make a small move for Carr in the second, take best HB available in the third and then attack needs with late round picks.

OR

Drop back in the first, take Roby, make a move for Ealy in the second round, best available HB in the third and take Logan Thomas in the 4th.

At the same time I'm not disappointed with how it did work out for us but I think it could have went better. We shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking Oher was going to be good enough so Tackle was still an area of need and we probably got the best player available with that pick and it ticked off a need.

Bridgewater was the apple of my eye to be honest. Trading back to the Browns spot, which it seems almost happened, would have surely given us a couple of extra picks and we could still have been in position to draft Teddy.

I agree the pick made sense and like I said, when the dust clears and I get over the disappointment of hearing his name called last night, he may well turn out to be a very good pick.

I don't know how I'd like the rest of the draft to fall. We still need a RB and I'd like to take to developmental QB. Logan Thomas would be interesting because he could be great if developed right, but is also athletic enough for a position change if he doesn't work out at QB. I'd also like some pieces for the move to the 3-4 as well though. As a Notre Dame fan I'd love Tuitt or Nix and think they'd be great value anywhere on the second day. Attaochu and Lawrence are two interesting Pass rushers left on the board as well.

• Advertisement

Seems the browns pulled out on a trade for our 1st rounder , Shame

Advertisement