Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dansby is going to the browns on a 4 year 24 million deal, crazy over payment.

I think mariani is gone too, we've just signed dexter mccluster it seems

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4.5 million guaranteed, 3 year 12 million deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

4.5 million guaranteed, 3 year 12 million deal

That the McCluster deal? If so I'm :(

Seems to be a view that the CJ release is now imminent because if this signing, but yes it does seen a chunky deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Seems to be a lot of activity involving the Titans. Are you guys in a good cap position?

• Advertisement

Red Crow wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of activity involving the Titans. Are you guys in a good cap position?

Nope, that deal pretty much puts is near our cap, however the expectation is that is there are cuts we can free up 10-15 million more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I don't think dansby is worth that money. We need to cut the players we know are going to be cut and I'd like for us to sign spikes now that dansby is gone.

And I actually like the Mccluster signing.

looks like we are going to get Woodley....

looks like we are going to get Woodley....

Depending on the money that could be a really good signing.... Getting a little excited :P

• Advertisement

4 year 25.5 million with 14 mill guaranteed for a 25 year old CB..

Apparently we didnt have too many conversations because we thought we'd be blown out with a massive offer, then when the FO found out how much it was it was too late :mad:

Absolutely ridiculous. An embarrassment

Yep there seems to be a consensus that we've dropped a massive clanger on this one, a disaster tbh he was got for peanuts compared to what everyone thought he was going to get

C2J has started following the Cowboys owner on Twitter :pac:

At the moment I don't even really care who we sign or cut. I'm absolutely disgusted about how we handled Verner. Is Ruston doing his best to make sure we never even contend for a superbowl. At least the jags are showing improvement.

Yeah pretty gutted to be honest, he was got for so cheap

Having a twitter conversation with Jim Wyatt (beat writer for the titans) on twitter about verner

Defintely one of the advantages of supporting a "smaller" team

The dexter deal is 12 million but 3 million of that are incentives

Big country Dave Stewart is released, we get 6.5 million in cap space, sad to see such a good servant go

Charlie Whitehurst... 2 years @ 4 million a year, what a joke

That contract better be incentivised for everything!

• Advertisement

Instead of spending money on verner lets just throw it at washed up players and guys that have no talent.

A few updates..

Apparently the trade market for Johnson is "heating up"
    Mookie has re-signed for 2 years and looks likely to be our NT in any 3-4 looks

and finally.. a few bits of info saying we are interested in Michael Vick..

Rob Bironas has been released :(

Massively shocked by this, he had lost a little leg power in the last couple of years but he was still pretty consistent

Mariani has re-signed which im happy about.

I'll expect him and Washington will compete for the starting returner job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Charlie Whitehurst... 2 years @ 4 million a year, what a joke

That contract better be incentivised for everything!

I'm still one of Jake Locker's biggest fans so what are ye hearing about him this offseason? Is there pressure that this season could be his final shot with ye?

I thought he was starting to play really well last year & if (starting to look like a big if) he can play a full season he can become the QB I thought he would be coming out of college

Whiz came out and said he's really impressed by him and that he'll be the guy, but you know how it is in the nfl, say one thing and do another.

Locker has the talent, he's a big powerful arm and he can make the throws.
    He had a good start to the season last year, at one point he had the best TD to int ratio of any QB, then he got injured!

I think there are a few things to for him to improve

- When he sees his' receivers covered he runs, i dont think he allows sufficient time for plays to develop but it did improve last season
    - When he runs he doesn't run intelligently, he's a big solid guy but he needs to avoid contact at all costs instead of trying to bowl over everyone.
    - He needs to throw it away, if its not on then get rid of the ball

He became a lot more comfortable in the pocket last year too so hopefully that continues, personally i am big fan and hope he's our guy for the franchise

Britt is visiting Bills and Titans, very surprised by this but maybe Whiz wants him back and will give him a 1 year prove it deal.

With his head in the game and better knees Britt could really be a great receiver... but im still scratching my head on this one if we do sign him

Pretty quiet on the Titans front

We've signed Philips which means we have

Gooden
    Philips
    Brown
    Ayers
    Mccarthy
    Fokou

As current LBs

Morgan and i would say Wimbley will see a lot of action @ olb too

CJ is still floating around and radio silence means its impossible to know whats going on in relation to him.

Looks like Sensabaugh will take over the starting CB2 position with Campbell being his back up, I like Campbell however i have seen very little game footage of him

• Advertisement

Pretty quiet on the Titans front

We've signed Philips which means we have

Gooden
    Philips
    Brown
    Ayers
    Mccarthy
    Fokou

As current LBs

Morgan and i would say Wimbley will see a lot of action @ olb too

CJ is still floating around and radio silence means its impossible to know whats going on in relation to him.

Looks like Sensabaugh will take over the starting CB2 position with Campbell being his back up, I like Campbell however i have seen very little game footage of him

I am really wary about both of then, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't either are good enough for the NFL.

Advertisement