Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Bit of an echo in here!!!

Seriously.

Surprised there isn't a gay show anywhere on radio1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'm sure that there will be before much longer in the PC world that we live in. Followed by quotas of Gay/Lesbian/TS TDs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm sure that there will be before much longer in the PC world that we live in. Followed by quotas of Gay/Lesbian/TS TDs. :rolleyes:

In this PC world we live in, can you explain what a gay agenda is?

In this PC world we live in, can you explain what a gay agenda is?

The promotion of being gay as a normal lifestyle choice? Whether it's PC to say it or not, being gay is not normal and before you accuse me of being homophobic you know nothing of my sexual preferences.

The promotion of being gay as a normal lifestyle choice? Whether it's PC to say it or not, being gay is not normal and before you accuse me of being homophobic you know nothing of my sexual preferences.

Suggesting being gay isn't normal is pretty homophobic, regardless of your own orientation.

Lifestyle choice? Being gay isn't a choice.

Oh there's just so much wrong with that post.

Just calling a spade a spade but sorry for dragging the awful Mooney Show thread so far off topic. The Friday show with the wildlife people is the only one that I normally listen to but occasionally hear snatches of the other shows when I twiddle the dial.

Just calling a spade a spade but sorry for dragging the awful Mooney Show thread so far off topic. The Friday show with the wildlife people is the only one that I normally listen to but occasionally hear snatches of the other shows when I twiddle the dial.

I really pity your flawed, incorrrect and homophobic views. You are wrong. There is nothing wrong with being gay.

I really pity your flawed, incorrrect and homophobic views. You are wrong. There is nothing wrong with being gay.

I pity your inability to understand the English language. I don't have homophobic views and I didn't say that there was anything wrong with being gay - just that it was not normal - if it was our species would have become extinct through natural selection. Last post on topic before I get banned for going off topic.

I pity your inability to understand the English language. I don't have homophobic views and I didn't say that there was anything wrong with being gay - just that it was not normal - if it was our species would have become extinct through natural selection. Last post on topic before I get banned for going off topic.

You are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

He deserves it, the digs he's giving her!

He was incredibly rude to her today-I felt so sorry for her. Think he even used bad language in reference to Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

More talk of sex, and now Intersex as well! Intersex. Is that sex on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

John "Holiday Camp" Lonegan:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

honeybear wrote: »
    He was incredibly rude to her today-I felt so sorry for her. Think he even used bad language in reference to Garth Brooks.
    He sort of apologised to her today. But dismissively.

is this actually suitable for this time of day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

is this actually suitable for this time of day?[

No it's not.

• Advertisement

God this is terribly sad.

ah now heyor:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

God this is terribly sad.

The story or the radio brodcast.
    Turned the crap off ages ago. RTE Gold....no talkin yipee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Donohue has the worst timing on national radio. Out of nowhere she just bores in to cut off a guest mid sentence and fails(twice!) as he ignores her quite rightly and finishes his sentence.

califano wrote: »
    Donohue has the worst timing on national radio. Out of nowhere she just bores in to cut off a guest mid sentence and fails(twice!) as he ignores her quite rightly and finishes his sentence.

Have to agree totally there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

honeybear wrote: »

Think that bit was an accident. She was going on about Brooks carrying a leprechaun in his pocket or something and Derek mumbled 'bull****' but the mic picked it up.
    I reckon Brenda loves the 'banter'.

Fair play to whoever the promoters of the Brooke's concert are.

They have infiltrated the whole of Montrose,by the sound of things.

The equivalent Blue Room at the venue will be like the RTE staff canteen!!

barf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays the disgust from derek at the metion of breks boobs

:D

someone has rattled his cage big time today

hopefully a few wind up texts go in about yesterdays item:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

joe must be gutted he missed this topic.

jays the disgust from derek at the metion of breks boobs

:D

Well she had no need to mention them,totally off topic, to quote a Boards regulation.

What kind of an idiot is she?

Who was that lady on today,some kind of singer.

Have to say,with no malice intended, talk about hard neck.

Really, where are we goin to, I despair sometimes.

Plugged herself constantly for the full show.

C'mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Derek hates Garth Brooks but has devoted most of his show this week to talking about Garth Brooks. RTE must be getting a fair wedge from the ticket sales.

I wonder if I can get subtitles for the radio....?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

All I hear is
    De Kearr efrf ggvmrgmt fgtgbv obseedhnh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Careful in that queue Brek, or you'll cause a panicked crush like Coppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Derek hates Garth Brooks but has devoted most of his show this week to talking about Garth Brooks. RTE must be getting a fair wedge from the ticket sales.

I wonder if I can get subtitles for the radio....?

Am no fan of Mr Brooks myself but oh the irony of Derek disparaging him when he spends so much of his time inflicting Jedward, Eurovision, Louis Walsh, Mary Byren et al on us all.

chasmcb wrote: »
    Am no fan of Mr Brooks myself but oh the irony of Derek disparaging him when he spends so much of his time inflicting Jedward, Eurovision, Louis Walsh, Mary Byren et al on us all.
    I'm more and more convinced that Derek think people who don't share his taste are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He's becoming more obnoxious with age, he'd be first to say each to their own if someone criticised his preferences!

He's becoming more obnoxious with age, he'd be first to say each to their own if someone criticised his preferences!

He gives me the impression that he's revelling in his curmudgeonly "grumpy old man" persona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Here we go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Amazing he had that conversation with the gay singer without once referencing the Panti debacle...you'd nearly think there was censorship at our national broadcaster!
    Also left RTE wide open to a compo claim from the Russians for calling them homophobes...will they never learn! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

He was in his element today talking to yer man about Eurovision and being Gay. His two favoutite subjects.
    How is this allowed to go on? He has no interest in anything non related to any of his indulgences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Mooney didn't get the first play of the Irish Eurosong entries this year (Rick O'Shea is playing them this afternoon).

He won't like that. I might text in and encourage him to boycott the Eurovision this year in protest, and not mention it at all on the show ever again. Worth a try.

• Advertisement

Imagine. They have barbers and butchers in Cobh. Jaysus help us :rolleyes:

This one Naoise is really starting to annoy me with her upward inflections at the end of each sentence :mad:

Skid X wrote: »
    Mooney didn't get the first play of the Irish Eurosong entries this year (Rick O'Shea is playing them this afternoon).

He won't like that. I might text in and encourage him to boycott the Eurovision this year in protest, and not mention it at all on the show ever again. Worth a try.

Unfortunately I heard an Eoin Quigg offering this morning on Rick O Shea

Opening line more or less'I sailed the world! sailed the seven seas'

Sweet Jesus! how contrived is that.Could a more predictable and hackneyed line be used?

Rest of the 'song' was banal and forgettable in the extreme.

Spare me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

This one Naoise is really starting to annoy me with her upward inflections at the end of each sentence :mad:

I heard her, it was painful. I think my ears started to bleed.
    Where was Derek today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

FFS not another Shir-leee love-in???:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

mooney has to be the worst mundane ****e filler of a show in the history of radio..its so bad its actually offensive, how is it still on the air. awful awful awful:mad:

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    mooney has to be the worst mundane ****e filler of a show in the history of radio..its so bad its actually offensive, how is it still on the air. awful awful awful:mad:

More Eurovision shyte today. It must be at least 2 days since he mentioned it....

More Eurovision shyte today. It must be at least 2 days since he mentioned it....

Eurovision FFS, who gives a shyte. argh :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

lufties wrote: »

The other day Brenda got miles outa this hot topic 'what do you call your mother'

rivetting radio NOT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

And then the bollox not happy when people tell him that one hundred and one contains the letter A. Am convinced he tries to annoy people on purpose. Even jedward got mentioned. And yon one with him have to mention her son singing.

And then the bollox not happy when people tell him that one hundred and one contains the letter A. Am convinced he tries to annoy people on purpose. Even jedward got mentioned. And yon one with him have to mention her son singing.

While I'm cooking dinner, because of the time zone I live, I sometimes have duffy on in the background.As soon as that twat mooney comes on I drop everything and rush to the laptop to change it. the odd time I've been too busy to change it over. Its actually so bad its depressing. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement