Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Just back from our 6 week checkup. She has dropped from 60th percentile to 40th percentile weight, probably due to the reflux. But still gaining. Everything else good. I'll start on the baby gaviscon today with one feed and see how we go.

Glad things are improving cyning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I found the baby gaviscon great with C Pwurple: she was only on it a few weeks but it helped the reflux. Watch for constipation or very weird poos though ;) It did nothing for S but her reflux was more severe so the Zantac is really helping. She's massively improved over night so hoping might get home tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

My little guy hasnt really slept at night in 3 nights ! He has also started to vomit up his bottles about half hour after his feeds .. Last night he projectile vomited his entire bottle a few minutes after he finished it ..... Sigh ! Other than that he is a happy little guy ! His mom is wrecked though ;)

Finally out of hospital :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

That's great news cyning! Hope LO is ok. Have a nice weekend now that ye are altogether.

• Advertisement

Brilliant news cyning.

I tried the baby gaviscon last night, but no idea if it made a difference as she was up anyway. 3yo was screaming the place down with an earache from 2 til 6am, despite both calpol and neurofen. Woke everyone up. She was fine then from 7am on.
    Shattered, and the in laws are coming for easter dinner tomorrow. Hopefully better night tonight.

pwurple wrote: »
    Brilliant news cyning.

I tried the baby gaviscon last night, but no idea if it made a difference as she was up anyway. 3yo was screaming the place down with an earache from 2 til 6am, despite both calpol and neurofen. Woke everyone up. She was fine then from 7am on.
    Shattered, and the in laws are coming for easter dinner tomorrow. Hopefully better night tonight.

Hope you get some sleep Pwurple. You're very good to be putting on a dinner with 2 babes to look after. If LO is still bad tonight ye should get a takeaway :). Lol.

You know having said that... If there was a take away that did take away roasts... That would be awesome. I'd go there the whole time. A proper dinner that doesn't put on the pounds that pizza, burgers or Chinese does!

Twasn't my choice, so he's cooking. :)

I hear ya on the pounds. I put myself on a 1300 cal a day diet for a week. Going ok, 1kg down in the week, but easter is blasting a hole in it. Googling how many calories in the creme egg I just inhaled... My mum gave it to my daughter, she took a tiny bite but didn't like it. Sure you can't throw creme eggs in the bin! Nom.

Twasn't my choice, so he's cooking. :)

I hear ya on the pounds. I put myself on a 1300 cal a day diet for a week. Going ok, 1kg down in the week, but easter is blasting a hole in it. Googling how many calories in the creme egg I just inhaled... My mum gave it to my daughter, she took a tiny bite but didn't like it. Sure you can't throw creme eggs in the bin! Nom.

Lol... I've told OH not to get me any Easter eggs.... But o how I love those Lindt Bunnies.... Maybe he will surprise me after all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Cyning that's great news. Hope she is back to her self soon.

Pwurple you really are having such a tough time. Hope your 2 are a bit more settled tonight.

Sligo I live near a restaurant that does decent takeaways. Can get lovely roast beef with veg and spuds. and its nom nom. Its great and so handy.

I actually tried L again on bottle straight from the fridge and he took it. I was heating them for 20 secs to take the chill out but decided to try him straight from the fridge (thanks for the idea Sligo) but he wasn't too keen. Tried him again on thurs and he took it no prob. So handy when out and about.

The hungry divil is taking 6oz bottles. And he is emptying them. I doubt he would take more and he is settling fine and going 4 hrs between but omg 6oz and he's only 3 weeks tomorrow. I'm making more milk for him for 24hrs now at 3 weeks than I ever did for my daughter. And he is so bloody long. He only has a small bit of space left in the carrycot of the pushchair (it is a fairly small one anyway) . Decided tonight to put him to bed in his cot in his room as he goes to bed at 7.30. I normally head up about 9.30 or 10 and I keep disturbing him. And if I want to dry my hair or do anything I need to take the stuff out and bring them to his room or bathroom . So we are going to put him In his room from 7.30 to 11.30 when he wakes for next bottle then put him in moses basket in our room. At least he will get used to the cot and his room. He settled no prob tonight anyway (but was bath night).

• Advertisement

Happy 1st Easter to all the March babies :P

How is everyone doing? The magic six week mark has passed here, and everything is settling a bit for us. Baby gaviscon just gave her a pain in her tummy, so we left it. Reflux seems to be easing itself slightly, and she can take a bigger feed now, finally stretched to the 4 hours. Hurray!

Starting to get into a bit of a pattern with feeds and naps, great for organising day. She loves the sling too so I've been throwing myself at housework and gardening while she is tied on. Toddler loves joining in. We have a massive veggie patch now. Upcycled SMA tins into plant pots yesterday with a drill and some paint, that was fun.

Running out of things to do that don't involve spending money though. Missing work a bit...

Pwurple glad to hear reflux calming.
    I cant seem to keep my wee man fed. 3 weeks and emptying 6oz bottles and looking for more 2 hrs later. Hes still stretching out at night though. Will see how it goes for the next few days. I dont want to give him too much and make him sick but soother, carrier and bouncer not working. Nothing working untill i top him up with more.

Im flat out trying to get the fence painted for the party . Having Ls christening and As bday party on the 4th of may. Looking forward to that. Hopefully have nice weather.

L is still waking me at night with his mooching and moaning in his sleep. We put him to bed in his cot in his room at 7.30 and OH gives him bottle at 11.30 and brings him in to moses basket in our room. Really considering moving him in to his room. He seems to sleep better as i think we are disturbing him as much as he is disturbing us. I think he us still so young though. I really duno what to do.

Hi all,

Pwurple good to hear about the reflux. And suucee it's so nice to have those plans to look forward to. Hope ye get good weather that weekend.

Not a lot of news here really. Lilly still has a horrible rash on her face. The paediatrician said it was baby acne. She's had it a week and a half now and is destroyed with it. It doesn't seem to bother her. Bothers me more I think. Poor little pet.

I'm still feeding on demand so not a great routine here but night times seems to be kind of similar most nights. She usually wakes around midnight for a feed then every 3 hours after that. It could be worse. The last couple evenings my mum has swaddled her and put her down around 7pm and the forst time she slept 6 hours straight (till 1am) and lay night 5 hours (till midnight)... Be great if she'd sleep that long during the early hours! Dunno how she slept that long. She doesn't sleep that long when I put her down :(. I kept checking her to see if she was ok! Lol

Sligo L has a few spots too but nothing major. I just assume its milk spots.

How much is too much. L drank 6oz at 7.40 then at 9.30 has to have anothe 2 as was not settling. Then at 11.30 had another 4. Probably would of had more but id no more left . Then at 3.30 dramk 6 again and still not settling. Should i start offering him 7. Hes only 3 weeks old. I know its probably a growth spurt but im afraid incase i give him too much. My daughter was the oppisite so ive no experience with a hungrier baby.

Boys are so hungry!!! My fella was the same. I combination fed him because even tho I had sooo much milk it just Wasnt heavy enough for him and I was killed with him. I was so worried I was going to give him too much when we started goving him bottles at night. (i breast fed during the day). So I asked the GP and she told me just to give him what he wants and that if he gets too much he'll just spit/vomit it up or won't take it. I was a bit shocked but that's what we did.

I suppose you can hardly over feed a baby really but i suppose just a bit nervous. I used to struggle to get 3oz into my daughtet. But L has 6oz gone in 20mins. Hes not crying so ill wait for a while and see. I have some premade cartons so if he does continue i will just top him up and maybe make 7s tomorrow. Will be typical though i make 7 and he will only want 5. I have a dr browne formula jug so might start using that. At least i can top up bottle that way.

I just don't know what S is at! Ah well I do being a baby :) we've just got through the six week growth spurt. We now are in the I'm going to scream non stop at mammy until she picks me up stage after being in hosp in my arms non stop for days. Had 6 week check up today all good. I'm just so exhausted. Back with paediatrician tomorrow.

Also stubble on a babies head (where it was shaved for the cannula!) feels so so weird.

Glad to hear shes doing well cyning.

Finally got the garden finished tonight. But got bitten by something again so havr another nice lump. Ugh i wonder is if anything to do with hormones or something after having L. I never get insect bites. Lucky i had the cream there butits driving me mad at the moment.

So L slept from 11.30pm till 4.30am...!thats gotta be ok for a breast fed baby right?? I'm obsessed with sleep! Lol. If she's not sleeping through in a couple months I'm getting out the formula!

• Advertisement

That's brilliant Sligo!

cyning wrote: »
    That's brilliant Sligo!

Yea delighted! She woke at 4.30 back down at 5.30 and slept till 9am! I wonder if we'll have a repeat performance tonight!... Probably not! Lol

That is great sligo. Hope it keep up.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    So L slept from 11.30pm till 4.30am...!thats gotta be ok for a breast fed baby right?? I'm obsessed with sleep! Lol. If she's not sleeping through in a couple months I'm getting out the formula!

It's ok for any baby! My formula baby isn't getting near 5 hours at night, and she's a couple of weeks older than yours. Mad jealous! :)

It's ok for any baby! My formula baby isn't getting near 5 hours at night, and she's a couple of weeks older than yours. Mad jealous! :)

I bet I've jinxed it now! Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Ah Sligo im soooo jealous! Send some of that sleepy dust this way..

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh Sligo I wish I would get so much sleep and maybe a bit of routine. But last night was great we wet to bed at 11.30 and he had his last feed. He got noisy at 3.30 like always but didnt drink so back to sleep and then he woke at 5.30 and had a good bottle. Since then he is on and off. Eve a bath didnt help so coffee is my best friend today.
    But he is a really happy and easy baby I have to say. He wants to be with me all the time so at least I have an excuse to sit on the couch and take it easy :-D cause he got mad heavy and big the last two weeks. I get actually backpain from carrying him around. It was so bad on the weekend that OH used the Baby carrier when we went to aldi cause my back was so bad and he loved it especially as they got all the attention :-) I could not wish for a better OH. My cousin came for a visit and we went out for dinner. I brought a bottle for LO, normally I have two with me but as he was drinking the whole day ( my cousin was shocked ;-) I had only one bottle with 150 ml with me. Well our food came, LO got hungry emptied the bottle in one go and screamed the pub down cause he was starving to death the poor thing. OH was the best and went home with him so I could enjoy a bit time with my family and two Guinness. :-) Well I know were LO has his appetite from and when he really reaches his fathers height ( 6.5) how the hell will I feed the two of them? He outgrow already a good bit of the closes.
    Only down point: The German embassy is driving me up the f...g wall.
    Unfortunately OHs dad is having heart problems so he cant fly and that means we will have the christening in Germany.So we need a passport for LO. First thought : should not be too complicated . Pah it is. As we are not married and LO is having the surname of OH we need a "name statement" first. So that means not only our birth certificates and other stupid paperwork no they want a proof of paternity. Mhhh dont they believe the two of us that we were both there? Do they want a youtube video ? It was so easy with LO birth certificate, we just went to the office,signed and thats it. Oh the Germans are mad. Properly it would be much easier to get him an Irish passport.

Ughhhh so tired !!!!!! My little guy sleeps until half four and that is it !!!! He has only just gone back to sleep now ! He drinks up to 6 oz every two & half 3 hours ....... Looking forward to Saturday night when my mam is taking him over night ........ Feel like a bad mom !!! Also house is falling down around me ... Getting nothing done !

Siipina you're gas! YouTube clip... Hahaha. Hope u get the passport sorted. I find sorting those things stressful enough even when it's straight forward!

LH def don't feel bad! Everyone needs s break and ur doing great! You're feeding baby, changing baby, loving baby.... You need some time too!

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night! OH only having 2 beers so I can drink and he can mind the kids tomorrow... incase im uhh hmmm... sleeping (or dying) Yay! I can't wait! It's been soooo long. First drink is gojng to be a vodka redbull! And I'm even going to have a half a cigarette! Woohoo! Freedom. Milk has been pumped and I'm off to get my tan on tonight.

And do I feel bad???.... No sirreeee!!! I'm a terrible person...

• Advertisement

Am seriously considering evicting L to his own room. Woke at 4.20 for his bottle. Drank it changed him back asleep by 4.50. Im still awake with the noise of him.

I know its recommended to wait till 6 months but with an angelcare movement monitor surely he will be fine.

Hes still as hungry as ever. Drank 4 6oz bottles and a 7oz yesterday and had 4oz at his last feed. Hes still not stretching to 4 hours like he used to so we tried him with a bottle of hungrier milk at his 12 feed (drained 6oz) and he slept until 4.20 . Might see how he is tomorrow . Has his bcg so will probably be all over the place anyway. (Can have a quick chat with phn when im there hopefully).

Advertisement