Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Damnit, I presumed that was Megachin!!

STOP CONFUSING ME!!!! :mad:

Oh, it isn't! I thought it was too, even though theres a new once since Megachin (I think...).

But that post count is just WAY too low for our Chinny :pac:
    Post count eh?
    What are you implying? >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Post count eh?

That you have a much more exciting life than all of us? >_> :P

You should be overjoyed that you've convinced the masses that any username with the word "chin" MUST be you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Post count eh?

That you have a much more exciting life than all of us? >_> :P

You should be overjoyed that you've convinced the masses that any username with the word "chin" MUST be you :pac:
    No I just have a much more boring job :-P

Actually that relates to my argh. I WANT A NEW JOB!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Stupid fly in my room that wont go out my window or door :mad: Wont stop buzzing and I wanna sleeeeeeeep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Who's Mega Chin? :pac:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Doing an essay and DCG before I go to work. Although I enjoy both, they're time consuming :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I got literally 10 minutes of sleep last night. Because I was sleeping in a freezing cold hall with like 10 other people who kept singing hannah montana songs for the whole night. While chasing me with a water gun.
    Now I have to go to work.
    I need a nap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

sigh. i actually am quite the idiot tbh. quiiiitte the idiot.
    FUCK MY LIFE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I overslept on 3 different occasions today. FML!

• Advertisement

Seriously, I deserve a degree in procrastination. For the love of god I cannot do this essay! Been in library since 11.30. 13.30 still nothing written cos I'm a perfectionist about the essay. Worst part is it's due Thursday. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Seriously, I deserve a degree in procrastination. For the love of god I cannot do this essay! Been in library since 11.30. 13.30 still nothing written cos I'm a perfectionist about the essay. Worst part is it's due Thursday. FML
    Hey you have loads of time! Don't stress! The grand majority of my essays were started at 11.30pm the night before they were due. It'll be graaaaand.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Hey you have loads of time! Don't stress! The grand majority of my essays were started at 11.30pm the night before they were due. It'll be graaaaand.

Did I forget to mention I've two exams next week as well? :p Politics and Philosophy. One of which is on the same day my essay is due. They sure know how to pick timings!

Thanksies though! Made me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one whos a last minute person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I need to get out of bed and do my business homework. I don't want to go to bed because then I'll have to start my business homework. Such a conundrum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

You and me both! Perfectionism and procrastination is not a good combination.:( We will get it done though, we are far from the worst in the class!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Havnt started any of my midterm homework study yet and ive 4 tests this week.
    And my tummy hurts and Im just not bothered, I wanna go to bed and just chill.

Feckin school. I rant about it every weekend, and will continue to do so until Summer tbh.. then after Summer Ill rat bout it every day :P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    You and me both! Perfectionism and procrastination is not a good combination.:( We will get it done though, we are far from the worst in the class!!

I know. Me no likey this essay :( Tuesday...me + you coffee and essay stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

It's unfair how the worst things happen to me and everyone else somehow avoids it! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Girls are confusing!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm an engineering student, and the ratio is like 80 lads to 1 girl, so I don't get to talk to them very often. Bolton St. is filled with fart jokes as a result of this scarcity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Girls are confusing!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm an engineering student, and the ratio is like 80 lads to 1 girl, so I don't get to talk to them very often. Bolton St. is filled with fart jokes as a result of this scarcity.

Try being a computer games student. The ratio in my year is 30:0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Where are you studying that? Big interest of mine

AdamD wrote: »
    Where are you studying that? Big interest of mine

In UL (the course is also in Carlow IT and Trinity I believe), it's a great course, but gets very hard (a quick skim read of my previous posts in this thread is testament to that :pac: )

If you've any questions about the course, feel free to drop a PM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Girls are confusing!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. The girls in those kind of courses either aren't real* girls or don't want to talk to you.

*Disclaimer: This is not true for legal reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Girls are confusing!

Whatever you do, don't get desperate...I sat beside some 4 engineering lads in a lecture last week, and they wouldn't shut up about the lack of women in their class and envying how I had women (and commenting on their credentials loudly...had to have my best non-chalent face so I could deny they were associating with me) in my class.

The stench of desperation off them would repel any woman. *shudder*

jumpguy wrote: »
    The stench of desperation off them would repel any woman. *shudder*

That's actually from not showering. With no girls to impress, we don't bother with all that time consuming hygiene lark.

• Advertisement

That's actually from not showering. With no girls to impress, we don't bother with all that time consuming hygiene lark.

Phew, thought it was just me that took that approach. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

En route to work...

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    En route to work...

Cheer up...you work in an awesome place :p

Library again :( Clearly being productive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Cheer up...you work in an awesome place :p

Library again :( Clearly being productive

Is the library not closed on Sunday...? I am in 2nd year.. I should know this!!! I need to go there too :(

cork*girl wrote: »
    Is the library not closed on Sunday...? I am in 2nd year.. I should know this!!! I need to go there too :(

Health Sciences Building one is open 10 till 5 every Sunday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

What the hell, body! Why are you so tired! You're getting 8 hours a night, like! You manage fine on 6 when I'm going to school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I have 3 projects, none of which I've started, due tomorrow, one of them being completely in Irish. I also have a load of midterm work to do because my 'friend' only decided to tell me about it today, even though I had asked them before and was told we had none. I also fell down the stairs this morning and I really hurt my knee :(
    I hate Sundays...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

The sh!t has hit the fan amongst all my friends..on fb of all places ffs. I'm actually so upset over this like..

The group has been divided in two, and certain people in each group hate eachother, but I'm still really close to people on both sides..why the fcuk do I always end up in the middle of everything..I'm dreading college this week..awaiting the impending being torn in half..

And no doubt I'll end up a bitch in all this aswell because I refuse to cut ties with people on either side..I just can't like:(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

My grant better come through soon! My mothers been after the VEC about my grant for ages and they just keep sending us out more letters saying they need more documents that we have already given them. Fruitcaking stall tactics, GIMME TEH MONEH!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    The sh!t has hit the fan amongst all my friends..on fb of all places ffs. I'm actually so upset over this like..

The group has been divided in two, and certain people in each group hate eachother, but I'm still really close to people on both sides..why the fcuk do I always end up in the middle of everything..I'm dreading college this week..awaiting the impending being torn in half..

And no doubt I'll end up a bitch in all this aswell because I refuse to cut ties with people on either side..I just can't like:(

I'm online. Go rant to me now if you want! X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.
    Stress stress stress.
    I've broken out in a stress rash and my eyelids are all puffy and I'm so stressed and overwhelmed and want it all to go away. God, I'm in for a delightful two or three months. :(

And my stupid internet is restricted and I can't find the article I've been looking for this past hour because the site takes so long to load that it eventually stops loading. Do not need that **** right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm pretty much bald atm and NOW my acne decides to break out. Just brillint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.
    Stress stress stress.
    I've broken out in a stress rash and my eyelids are all puffy and I'm so stressed and overwhelmed and want it all to go away. God, I'm in for a delightful two or three months. :(

And my stupid internet is restricted and I can't find the article I've been looking for this past hour because the site takes so long to load that it eventually stops loading. Do not need that **** right now.
    *hugs* Stupid stress! I know how you feel - I've an essay due on Tuesday and a presentation to give, and neither of them are going the way I want them to >.< PM me the article and I'll see if I can find it for you if you still can't get it, NUIM is pretty good with off-campus access to journals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm pretty much bald atm and NOW my acne decides to break out. Just brillint...
    Tea Tree oil is awesome for getting rid of spots quickly! Put some on a cotton bud and dab it on the spots (try to use fresh cotton bud for each spot though, to avoid spreading the bacteria around). And make sure to drink lots of water, it really helped clear up my skin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Tea Tree oil is awesome for getting rid of spots quickly! Put some on a cotton bud and dab it on the spots (try to use fresh cotton bud for each spot though, to avoid spreading the bacteria around). And make sure to drink lots of water, it really helped clear up my skin :)

Use Sanex as well when showering...clears them away brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Getting to college tomorrow is going to be a giant pain in the áss.

Cawcheen wrote: »
    My grant better come through soon! My mothers been after the VEC about my grant for ages and they just keep sending us out more letters saying they need more documents that we have already given them. Fruitcaking stall tactics, GIMME TEH MONEH!

+6,768,108

Last year I didn't get my grant until May, and even though my grant was ruled non-reviewable, the c*nts still haven't paid out.

Last academic year, not 2010. Don't know why I felt the need to clarify this.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I pretty much missed my whole birthday by getting in such a state before the pub that I spent 11-1 in the bathroom getting sick. Although on the plus side the bar woman gave me a hug when I came out cause I was in such a bad way :o

Also, I'm sick. Not hungover, proper sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I realise that it's the smallest problem, but it is annoying me, so I'll say it.
    MTvaE.jpg

Its taking this long for yer grants? Everyone out here has got and squandered theirs.

Its taking this long for yer grants? Everyone out here has got and squandered theirs.

Literally by the time my grant came through in first year, it was almost time to pay the first installment of rent for second year. Cork County Council are a joke. Mine is non-reviewable FFS, should be a simple matter of stamping a form and yet it's November and haven't hear a peep from them since August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

I like one brand of rollies, Drum. I love it, tastes great and everything.
    Never smoked because I couldnt roll and because it would slightly make me a hypocrite.
    Made bet in work that I could learn to roll by Tuesday.
    Have learned to roll.

x_9750d354.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It was freezing outside waiting for the bus. The first bus is half an hour late and is completely full. 2 hours later. The second bus is 45 minutes late. I was just at the point of going home for the night when it finally decided to show up. I'm still absolutely freezing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It was freezing outside waiting for the bus. The first bus is half an hour late and is completely full. 2 hours later. The second bus is 45 minutes late. I was just at the point of going home for the night when it finally decided to show up. I'm still absolutely freezing :(
    128764386097774301.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

marko93 wrote: »
    I like one brand of rollies, Drum. I love it, tastes great and everything.
    Never smoked because I couldnt roll and because it would slightly make me a hypocrite.
    Made bet in work that I could learn to roll by Tuesday.
    Have learned to roll.

x_9750d354.jpg
    This confuses me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement