Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

You're already inside the top 10k, have you regularly been doing so well at this stage? Can you recall how high you were at Christmas the year you finished around 300.

I wasn't even in the top 100k coming into Xmas three years ago.

I had a seriously good St Stephens Day though. No player got less than five points.

Van der Vaart scored a brace for Spurs iirc in the late game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wasn't even in the top 100k coming into Xmas three years ago.

I had a seriously good St Stephens Day though. No player got less than five points.

Van der Vaart scored a brace for Spurs iirc in the late game.

You're giving me some hope!struggling to break into top 100k at the moment

thunderdog wrote: »

There is loads of time left. Sure look at Busts and how he has flown up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You spoke too fast. You're on for a pretty good week now ;)
    Just the Clichy situation to sort out... (was surprised you took that risk with Kolarov back - hard to know what Pellegrini will do now, play them every second game, keep Clichy for the tough games like last year which won't be good for you considering their Christmas fixtures - ah if you have a CS subbing in every week you'll be grand :D).

---

As for me, after 3 defeats in a row, 3 wins in a row. I'm really the average man (currently 11th with 8 wins and 8 loss) of the league :pac:.

iroced wrote: »
    You spoke too fast. You're on for a pretty good week now ;)
    Just the Clichy situation to sort out... (was surprised you took that risk with Kolarov back - hard to know what Pellegrini will do, play them every second game, keep Clichy for the tough games like last year which won't be good for you considering their Christmas fixtures - ah if you have a CS subbing in every week you'll be grand :D).

---

As for me, after 3 defeats in a row, 3 wins in a row. I'm the average man of the league :pac:.

Yeah knew clichy was a risk but I was only hoping he would play this gw and 1 other before wc

Looking forward to our clash next gw! I won't be taking another 8 point hit ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah knew clichy was a risk but I was only hoping he would play this gw and 1 other before wc

Looking forward to our clash next gw! I won't be taking another 8 point hit ;)
    Ah it's next week then ?!

Well looking at my average record you should win to put me on 9 wins/losses :pac:...

I can see a few decisive player battles within our game:
    Your Chambers vs my Baines
    Your Kane vs my Sakho
    Your Downing vs my Eriksen
    Your Rooney vs my Austin/Siggy/new player in (?)
    Your Yaya vs my Silva
    Your Panti vs my Hart
    Your Azpi vs my Terry (?) (was my original planned move but if Siggy's out with Austin generally blanking away, I may be tempted by a -4 for a 3-5-2 formation).
    We actually have pretty different teams for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pantilimon's 10 points killed me. 3 defeats in a row following 4 wins in a row. Relegation zone is a real danger once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Woo hoo, Irish Son lost this week (sorry fella:P). My win over daithijjj was closer than expected thanks to fuppin Fabregas but it was comfortable enough in the end. Up to second now and I could be top after Boxing Day (is it alright to call it that when you're talking football) if I can beat the mighty man from Donegal (top scorer in this league) and my old pal Busts can do a job on the leader.
    Anyway I reckon I'm safe from the relegation hammer now barring an absolute disaster.

Woo hoo, Irish Son lost this week (sorry fella:P). My win over daithijjj was closer than expected thanks to fuppin Fabregas but it was comfortable enough in the end. Up to second now and I could be top after Boxing Day (is it alright to call it that when you're talking football) if I can beat the mighty man from Donegal (top scorer in this league) and my old pal Busts can do a job on the leader.
    Anyway I reckon I'm safe from the relegation hammer now barring an absolute disaster.

Don't be getting ahead of yourself yet. I'm lurking two points behind and our game is soon enough so that's a guaranteed three points for me to put me ahead of you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My boys are ready for this we had an xmas piss up in cavan last weekend to lift our spirits and morale is high. I need to beat irish son to keep me in the mix. Should be a handy one for you FHFC is starting to feel the strain of me putting the squeeze on him in the Finn Harps pay league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

My boys are ready for this we had an xmas piss up in cavan last weekend to lift our spirits and morale is high. I need to beat irish son to keep me in the mix. Should be a handy one for you FHFC is starting to feel the strain of me putting the squeeze on him in the Finn Harps pay league

Harps League is MY town, and it ain't big enough for the both of us. Your tarring and feathering is coming jackeen boy.

Was wondering who I was playing this week, glad I've a handy one as will probably be taking a hit.... :D

Finally this week, the week I've been waiting for since the beginnings of the idea of this league.

I get to take on the John Cena of the FSA Premier League, and be the heel, Brock Lesnar if you will, and break the hearts of all his avid fans, Arnold Tanzarian and the lads, who will no doubt have tuned in with extreme anticipation to see their hero achieve another facile victory.

In reality though, I think he may have the edge. We've alot of the same players too so the margins will be fine.

FHFC wrote: »
    Harps League is MY town, and it ain't big enough for the both of us. Your tarring and feathering is coming jackeen boy.

Was wondering who I was playing this week, glad I've a handy one as will probably be taking a hit.... :D

If we are both in the mix in this come April things will get very interesting it's some prize fund. We are both in the mix for the monthly prize on done deal a jersey of your choice.

CSF wrote: »
    Finally this week, the week I've been waiting for since the beginnings of the idea of this league.

I get to take on the John Cena of the FSA Premier League, and be the heel, Brock Lesnar if you will, and break the hearts of all his avid fans, Arnold Tanzarian and the lads, who will no doubt have tuned in with extreme anticipation to see their hero achieve another facile victory.

In reality though, I think he may have the edge. We've alot of the same players too so the margins will be fine.

I'd love to give you some hope young Padawan but the undeniable truth is that your lads are going to be crushed.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd love to give you some hope young Padawan but the undeniable truth is that your lads are going to be crushed.

With 8 of the same 11 in our last outing, and the same captain, it's certainly not going to be the most exciting affair.

If we can bring your lads down to our level in the first 20 minutes, I'm confident Armin and the lads will start to get restless and the negative atmosphere in the crowd will feed down to your players.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Up to 17 points :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Up to 17 points :D
    New username, new run of form.

With 8 of the same 11 in our last outing, and the same captain, it's certainly not going to be the most exciting affair.

If we can bring your lads down to our level in the first 20 minutes, I'm confident Armin and the lads will start to get restless and the negative atmosphere in the crowd will feed down to your players.

Congrats. You have brought my winning streak to an end.

Care to step into my office for a bottle of red wine?

Irish son beats me girouds red a big turning point.

It's very tight between myself and thunderdog. It'll be down to BPs. Can Austin keeps one or not? Chambers 1 pt cameo may help me too.

Should have run over his team comfortably had I the time to sub Siggy in :D...

• Advertisement

I've beaten the leagues top point scorer FHFC to strengthen my second place but Irish Son's win means I'll have to wait to take top spot for at least another gameweek. Happy out.

It's very tight between myself and thunderdog. It'll be down to BPs. Can Austin keeps one or not? Chambers 1 pt cameo may help me too.

Should have run over his team comfortably had I the time to sub Siggy in :D...

Woohoo won it by 3 pts :D.

4th win in a row :cool:.

Facing sooner or later next GW. We have similar enough teams so it should mainly be down to our transfer this GW and our captain choice.

Woohoo won it by 3 pts :D.

4th win in a row :cool:.

Facing sooner or later next GW. We have similar enough teams so it should mainly be down to our transfer this GW and our captain choice.

So close! Austin did it for you in the end! Gonna be another close season between us ;)

So close! Austin did it for you in the end!
    Yeah, thought for a long time my too late Sakho->Siggy formation change was gonna punish me but in the end I think it's Giroud I have to thank. This kind of over-reaction is really not like him so I take it as his Christmas present to me smile.png. After being the main man who gave us one of the biggest upset champion title of post-Bosman ruling football while playing for Montpellier HSC, he goes and "offer" me 3 pts in the FSA Prem. (My) true hero :D.
    Gonna be another close season between us wink.png
    Looks like it. Amazing since our team are very different this year. Outside of this FSA challenge, it's nice to both be on a good run and get closer to the top positions :cool:.

Did you see vanGaal statement about Rooney's positionning? It should suit you well ;)
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/548547238902104065

I'm playing the bottom team Leeds the way tomorrow, he has Giroud and Chester who won't play and is stuck with Forster in goal. Has a much better team value than me though so could probably put out a stronger team with a 4 point hit. I'm still hoping for Irish son to slip up though so I can take top spot for a while. My miserable team value will almost definitely be my undoing in this league but it'd be sweet to be top of the league at the end of 2014.

Back to winning ways beating RoryC by 10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Need at least 8 from Bony tomorrow to win so not very hopeful.

3 pts for me against csf 45 41

3 pts for me against csf 45 41
    Well done, Silva could have got me a draw but decided to be an arse instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

irish son wrote: »
    Need at least 8 from Bony tomorrow to win so not very hopeful.

This is far from over, a goal and bonus and you have it. I wouldn't really be too confident in the Liverpool defense to hold out two games in a row!

Somehow leading Sooner or later 30-24.

Absolutely need Siggy to play and Naylor to get less than 6 pts. Doable. But everything already went so wrong this GW...

Naylor 0 pointer gave me a comfy win in the end. 5th in a row :D.

... and thinking my good run started with an incredibly lucky and probably undeserved 1 pt win over CSF 5 GWs ago... This funny old game :rolleyes: :pac:...

Naylor 0 pointer gave me a comfy win in the end. 5th in a row :D.

... and thinking my good run started with an incredibly lucky and probably undeserved 1 pt win over CSF 5 GWs ago... This funny old game :rolleyes: :pac:...
    My form has gone the exact opposite :-(

Haven't been online in an age so i can't gloat over the league table:pac:

Huge game tomorrow, 1st v 2nd
    Good luck Irish Son, it isn't proper for the top dogs to engage in sledging, we'll leave that to the plebs:p:pac:

Haven't been online in an age so i can't gloat over the league table:pac:

Huge game tomorrow, 1st v 2nd
    Good luck Irish Son, it isn't proper for the top dogs to engage in sledging, we'll leave that to the plebs:p:pac:

Now I'm cheering on Irish Son!!!

• Advertisement

Facing FHFC today for a top of the table clash (hope you appreciate my recent efforts to climb up the rankings and FSA Prem table to give you the honour of a "prime time" clash :D :pac:). Though, looking at your strong team, my good run might end :p...

Hutton in defence is a huge a priori bonus for you. Dummett too if Zab does not feature.
    And our respective captain decisions will be big since we have pretty similar teams.

2 losses in a row after a good run mean I could do with a win today.

Facing FHFC today for a top of the table clash (hope you appreciate my recent efforts to climb up the rankings and FSA Prem table to give you the honour of a "prime time" clash :D :pac:). Though, looking at your strong team, my good run might end :p...

Hutton in defence is a huge a priori bonus for you. Dummett too if Zab does not feature.
    And our respective captain decisions will be big since we have pretty similar teams.

Ah, didn't realise it was your good self. On paper my team and fixtures look good, but for that very reason I'm expecting disaster!

Ah, didn't realise it was your good self. On paper my team and fixtures look good, but for that very reason I'm expecting disaster!
    You gave me the disaster you were expecting. I don't thank you for that :mad: :pac:.

6 wins in a row was too much to ask for. Hopefully I don't start a run of defeats now :rolleyes:...

With the same players to go, looks like I've taken three points off the Cavan Commandos to avenge the defeat back in August. The difference came down to 0 for zabaleta versus -1 for dummett, and 3 for fabianski versus 0 for Hart (with no one to sub in).

• Advertisement

If Sterling gets the assist that he should, I'll have taken another scalp against the FSA League Cup winner.

If Sterling gets the assist that he should, I'll have taken another scalp against the FSA League Cup winner.
    Spoke too soon, Bony 3 bonus = nailed on draw barring unlikely changes in bonus points.

You gave me the disaster you were expecting. I don't thank you for that :mad: :pac:.

6 wins in a row was too much to ask for. Hopefully I don't start a run of defeats now :rolleyes:...

It was looking pretty disastrous for me when Bony (on my bench) took Greens clean sheet, and I was sitting on 22 points from 8, then I looked at your points and cheered right up again! Thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Spoke too soon, Bony 3 bonus = nailed on draw barring unlikely changes in bonus points.

Hard luck, 3 bonus points for Bony was quite a surprise. Happy enough to settle for the draw considering the disappointing score.

What a result for me and what a travesty for |Irish son, I've won by one point thanks to Ivan's late assist, he had Bony and Davies for Hull benched and no Hart left him without a keeper, I'll take the three points and run, clear at the top now, this league is going great for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

What a result for me and what a travesty for |Irish son, I've won by one point thanks to Ivan's late assist, he had Bony and Davies for Hull benched and no Hart left him without a keeper, I'll take the three points and run, clear at the top now, this league is going great for me.

Congrats, yeah things didn't go my way today but captaining Yaya almost saved me. I'll be waiting for you to slip up now and reclaim top spot :P

It was looking pretty disastrous for me when Bony (on my bench) took Greens clean sheet, and I was sitting on 22 points from 8, then I looked at your points and cheered right up again! Thanks :D

I told you your team was in better shape. My only hope was the (C) and a City CS with Hart & Zab playing. Obviously that all went tits up.

Overall I don't have many regrets though. Sakho on the bench is annoying but that's the 8 strong attackers policy pb and I just couldn't bench Siggy.
    Zab was a good idea based on City's recent CS record and his recent attacking returns. This turned into a catatsrophy but impossible to predict.
    I'm a little annoyed I didn't get Hutton for a -4. WC is not in my immediate plan and this transfer would have sorted out my team short term. AV had a good chance of a CS and they actually got it.

Hart rest is annoying but my bad, getting him in was not a great idea in the first place. Panti or Green outscored him over Christmas. Maybe even Guzan. They were all in my initial plans but got blinded by City run of CS and great fixtures list. That's the only one I really regret since it puts me now in an annoying situation. Wait for WC and swallow the probable price rises of my desired GK(s) or take a -4 for a GK...

Well done on captaining Sterling. You'd have won with any captain anyway but you broke your captain spell :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Decent enough Christmas period for me with another draw tonight.

Two wins, two draws and two defeats in my last six has steadied the ship somewhat.

I should go on holidays more often!

Dónal wrote: »
    With the same players to go, looks like I've taken three points off the Cavan Commandos to avenge the defeat back in August. The difference came down to 0 for zabaleta versus -1 for dummett, and 3 for fabianski versus 0 for Hart (with no one to sub in).

Congrats. Three losses in a row for me now. Dropping like a stone.

Just realised that with the other results I should actually move up 1 position in the rankings despite my loss. Every little helps (salvage a crap GW) :D...

• Advertisement
Advertisement