Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Homer

That's a real stunner Homer. Is she a handwinder?

Yep. But with the 8 day movement not winding it quite as much as the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Homer wrote: »
    It's thinner than the 312 for sure. That along with the cleaner dial steered me to the 560 as opposed to the 312 in the end as I looked very carefully at both. I'll post some wrist shots tomorrow

wouldnt be hard the 312 is too thick imo thats why mine went, pity because its a lovely watch but the thickness was too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Homer wrote: »
    Yep. But with the 8 day movement not winding it quite as much as the last one!

Nice. Something intrinsically lovely about a handwound movement. Wish there was more of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This arrived today - I'd been missing having an automatic diver for a while, and fancied something with a bit of colour. It's an automatic and 41mm wide.

No wrist shot yet, as I need to add some extra links.

21892784711_7710dcf7e6_b.jpg

First impressions are that the bracelet feels a bit average, especially around the clasp - but I'll see what it's like when it's on the wrist. I'm comparing it to my Breitling's bracelet today, which isn't really a fair comparison.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

iwsvhz.jpg

Found a late 1960's bracelet to match it. Very similar to the original optional and daftly rare type.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    This arrived today - I'd been missing having an automatic diver for a while, and fancied something with a bit of colour. It's an automatic and 41mm wide.

No wrist shot yet, as I need to add some extra links.

First impressions are that the bracelet feels a bit average, especially around the clasp - but I'll see what it's like when it's on the wrist. I'm comparing it to my Breitling's bracelet today, which isn't really a fair comparison.

So it was you.....I liked the look of it when I saw it..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Wibbs wrote: »
    [Found a late 1960's bracelet to match it. Very similar to the original optional and daftly rare type.

Seriously...whats your secret to finding these things

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nice watch Eoin, well you may wear. I might have to break my €200 self-imposed limit for one of these with a white dial, if you are ever tempted to sell......I promise to keep it away from the cow****e:).

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

blue5000 wrote: »
    Nice watch Eoin, well you may wear. I might have to break my €200 self-imposed limit for one of these with a white dial, if you are ever tempted to sell......I promise to keep it away from the cow****e:).

The white and red one is a lovely colour combo and a bit different to most of the subs out there. To be honest though, this has reminded me of what good value for money a Steinhart sub is. It's been a while since I owed mine, but I remember the bracelet having a bit of a premium feel and it has the lovely domed crystal.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Longines - and I like how it's just different enough to not feel too much like a homage. But when it's the guts of 900 quid new, I think there's better out there if you're not too bothered about a brand name.

Anyway, here it is on the wrist. It wears bigger than I thought it would, which I'm happy about as 41mm is smaller than I would normally wear.

21704935620_1da0c0c412_b.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seriously...whats your secret to finding these things
    Late nights, the patience that comes with a glass or three of claret and doing non english language searches. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    The white and red one is a lovely colour combo and a bit different to most of the subs out there. To be honest though, this has reminded me of what good value for money a Steinhart sub is. It's been a while since I owed mine, but I remember the bracelet having a bit of a premium feel and it has the lovely domed crystal.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Longines - and I like how it's just different enough to not feel too much like a homage. But when it's the guts of 900 quid new, I think there's better out there if you're not too bothered about a brand name.

Anyway, here it is on the wrist. It wears bigger than I thought it would, which I'm happy about as 41mm is smaller than I would normally wear.

Really like that Longines Eoin. I've been on the hunt for a diver with a bit of colour lately and the Archimede Sporttaucher seems to tick all the boxes. €900 or so, red bezel, 41.5mm and not a mercedes hand in sight :)

st-det-rot-pvd.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Eoin was it from Scotland?;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Eoin was it from Scotland?;)

Yep, that's the one! It's really growing on me.
    Really like that Longines Eoin. I've been on the hunt for a diver with a bit of colour lately and the Archimede Sporttaucher seems to tick all the boxes. €900 or so, red bezel, 41.5mm and not a mercedes hand in sight :)

Lovely, nice modern feel to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wibbs wrote: »
    Late nights, the patience that comes with a glass or three of claret and doing non english language searches. :D

Booze and ebay have a lot to answer for.

That they do Sir, that they do… :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've been searching for a watch since this time last year with no definite idea on what I wanted.
    Delighted to have stumbled across a Zodiac from the 50's. Very happy with it!

2rvzcm0.jpg

2z8dsa9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've been searching for a watch since this time last year with no definite idea on what I wanted.
    Delighted to have stumbled across a Zodiac from the 50's. Very happy with it!

That is a fine watch. Look similar to some Zeniths and even a JLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Being trying for a while to get a lume shot of the Datejust II. Eventually managed it, during the day even. A little bit of sunlight keeps it going for a long while.

20151002_132359_zpszedoi2mk.jpg

20151002_132313_zpsl1awznqd.jpg

Must get a lume shot of my PAM560 it's ridiculous! I thought my seiko sumo and tuna were bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ordered a distressed Grey NATO leather strap off ebay last week from a seller I have used before for my O1B. I was looking for something to give it more of a casual look but also keep the dress look to it and as I wear it as a daily beater most of the time, to take the weight down a little aswell.

What do you think?

364849.jpg

364853.jpg

364855.jpg

364856.jpg

Mods, please feel free to reduce size of pics...

• Advertisement

Very nice Lex. Wouldn't have ever thought about trying a grey strap but it really works with the Ocean one. I might get shot for this but I think sub style watches look much better on Nato and Zulu straps than bracelets.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

And then there were two…

364941.jpg

Komandirskie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

And then there were two…
    Careful, it's a slippery slope collecting Vostoks. These are just the Komandirskie's in my collection.

Komadirskies.jpg

2B10DD75-A5F4-45D4-ACCE-81A430A87896.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Daemonic wrote: »
    Careful, it's a slippery slope collecting Vostoks. These are just the Komandirskie's in my collection.

I've four more on the way! (I also have my eye on the Komandirskie K-35!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

picked up a calibre 6 Formula one
    very comfortable to wear

365078.JPG

051.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Guten Tag!:D

Was wearing this today.
    a2583n.jpg
    T'is small at 34 and a bit MM, but wears nice on my thin wrist. Cracking gilt dial on these. Very nice quality stainless steel in the case that wears the years extremely well

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Let's get a Friday vibe going.

Here's mine today (again)

2015-09-20%2012.09.57-10460M.jpg

Had it regulated a couple of weeks ago and it's gained 4 seconds over the past 13 days.

Rolex 3130 movement. Supposedly the same as the later 4 liner Cosc models.

Really love the lightness of this watch. Sooo comfy.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭saccades

A gently modded stargate2 (SRP491K1)

From this:

SRP491K1-2T.jpg?1408684729

to this:

IMG_4106%202_zps9vi3tccx.jpg

IMG_4185%202_zpszcd5hnhl.jpg

• Advertisement

I did mention a few more images of the latest arrival.. and some of the lume. PAM560 with in house p5000 handwind movement and 8 day power reserve.

6C77F284A9804606AD9FF6F66A875636-0000341658-0003806015-00640L-5EF06C54ED534185815810DC45173DAA.jpg

87C81CC3DDC44C6A9D11817276D83D19-0000341658-0003806017-00640L-EC2B054ADCE14A8ABE2E7480619A16F2.jpg

B4B41C6A99674896943643EFE613C6C0-0000341658-0003806016-00640L-792FBEC668A24DE9B05AAD667C3497C0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement