Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

And my wildcard has been played. Gonna be kicking myself for it next weekend, but it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Could use some advice here good people.. After a good opening week I've had a mare this week and fallen down in all my leagues.. Several funny team are starting to fall in price and changes are needed... Don't really want to use the wildcard but won't rule it out.. Thoughts please

Krul Myhill
    Felipe Chambers Lovren Bruce Caulker
    Young Ramsey sterling siggy fab
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Felipe, chambers, Bruce, caulker, young
    Bojan all to be chopped. 2.0 in the bank

Could use some advice here good people.. After a good opening week I've had a mare this week and fallen down in all my leagues.. Several funny team are starting to fall in price and changes are needed... Don't really want to use the wildcard but won't rule it out.. Thoughts please

Krul Myhill
    Felipe Chambers Lovren Bruce Caulker
    Young Ramsey sterling siggy fab
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Felipe, chambers, Bruce, caulker, young
    Bojan all to be chopped. 2.0 in the bank

Luis Filipe -> Azpil is the logical choice here as they're the same price. Otherwise you could fork out for Cahill @ 0.5 more.

No need to jump ship on Chambers just yet I think, unless Mert is due back next week? Otherwise plenty of 4.5 options out there for a direct swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Danger781 wrote: »
    Luis Filipe -> Azpil is the logical choice here as they're the same price. Otherwise you could fork out for Cahill @ 0.5 more.

No need to jump ship on Chambers just yet I think, unless Mert is due back next week? Otherwise plenty of 4.5 options out there for a direct swap.

Mert was back this weekend.

Koscielny was benched (and this was bad news for all those who brought him in after GW1).

Not sure what Wenger is planning but there is a chance Chambers will play a bit longer than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonski wrote: »

Koscielny was benched (and this was bad news for all those who brought him in after GW1).

Not sure what Wenger is planning but there is a chance Chambers will play a bit longer than expected.

Would expect Kos and Mert to start against Leicester. Chambers has done well so far but showed his inexperience in the lead up to the second Everton goal. There may be a chance he could feature in the DM role at some stage though with Arteta being out.

Was he? Didn't see the game (Obviously :pac:) - I just assumed since Chambers played today that Mert still wasn't back :rolleyes:

Was he? Didn't see the game (Obviously :pac:) - I just assumed since Chambers played today that Mert still wasn't back :rolleyes:

Debuchy, Monreal, Chambers and Mert were in. Koscielny benched. Gibbs still injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

And my wildcard has been played. Gonna be kicking myself for it next weekend, but it's done now.

OK. Now, you have the week to make unlimited changes. Not just those four. Take your time and experiment. Improve your team top to bottom.

Would expect Kos and Mert to start against Leicester. Chambers has done well so far but showed his inexperience in the lead up to the second Everton goal. There may be a chance he could feature in the DM role at some stage though with Arteta being out.

They have an important game midweek so there is a rotation risk.

Mert didn't look too mature either in this game. First game of the season so he might need few more minutes to be as solid as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So I didnt make a transfer last week, giving me 2 this gameweek. Team below:
    De Gea Murphy

Debuchy Pieters Terry v. Aanholt Caulker

Ramsey Mata Siggy Silva Isgrove

Rooney D. Costa Fletcher

Any advice? Would like to dump Fletcher maybe and Caulker.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

http://gyazo.com/e8721b4e16f68e5a324da8aa6c448194

2 free transfers lads, any help would be great :)

masti123 wrote: »
    http://gyazo.com/e8721b4e16f68e5a324da8aa6c448194

2 free transfers lads, any help would be great :)

Newcastle defender maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They have an important game midweek so there is a rotation risk.

Mert didn't look too mature either in this game. First game of the season so he might need few more minutes to be as solid as last year.

Ya he didn't look fit. There's no doubting though that Mert and Kos are first choice so anyone that has Chambers may be better off offloading him in favour of a more secure 4.5 option such as a Newcastle/Swansea defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Caulker and bojan out for naismith and dier last night.

Two frees. Caught the price rise on dier.

Half for team value and half tactical.

Prob bench naismith away to chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Held off on a transfer last night. At the minute I am still looking at Caulker to Taylor.

That said, I want to see how Aguero goes tonight. There is no truly outstanding captain choice this weekend so having Aguero at home to Stoke could be a master stroke.

I'd be bringing him in for Rooney which would leave me with no United when they play Burnley though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tempted by Giroud to Ade, makes sense as have no attacking Spurs players while I have Ramsey, next weeks fixtures would put me off a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy with below team for GW 3 giving me 2 free for next week

Krul
    Caulker Dummett Vlaar
    Sigurdsson Mata Nasri Ramsey Cesc
    Bony Rooney

Maybe Bony or Siggy captain

2 free next week, maybe Caulker or Dier - Narsi out also

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Looking at:

Sanchez & Bojan out

Ramsey & Naismith in

Saving of 1.7 which I might potentially use to move Rooney to Aguero (have Mata)

Where is the most accurate site to track price changes at the moment? TotalFPL seems well off the mark this year.

Site was telling me 4 of my players were due a drop last night but only one dropped. Sigh..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Where is the most accurate site to track price changes at the moment? TotalFPL seems well off the mark this year.

Site was telling me 4 of my players were due a drop last night but only one dropped. Sigh..

Nowhere...:(

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Nowhere...:(

Damn. This is gonna complicate my wildcard plans then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Two free transfers last night of Felipe Luiz -> Coloccini and Eriksen -> Siggy.

That means I've 3.1m in the bank so there's a good chance I'll do Rooney -> Aguero before the weekend as I have Mata, and no City players currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looking at:

Sanchez & Bojan out

Ramsey & Naismith in

Saving of 1.7 which I might potentially use to move Rooney to Aguero (have Mata)

Did both of those myself and didn't wake up in a sweat during the night, which is usually how I judge whether I'd live to regret my transfers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No one transfer is screaming out at me so any advice appreciated...

Gameweek 3

Begovic
    Ivanovic - Clyne - Caulker
    Mata - Sigurdsson - Fabregas - Ramsey
    Rooney - Fletcher - Costa
    SUBS: Debuchy, Isgrove, Moore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »

Gameweek 3

Begovic

Begovic to Krul, Newcastle look OK at the back and fixtures are half decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Gameweek 3
    Begovic

Rooney to Kun if you have the funds, I think 2 Utd attackers is a waste at the moment (I still have Mata and Rooney but one will be gone next week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bego to Krul or Isgrove to someone that plays. Otherwise bank it.

Definitely not getting rid of Utd players in the next two weeks, will reevaluate Rooney after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I'd be getting rid of Caulker, QPR looked absolutely horrid yesterday (He did have a very good chance at goal though in the last 10 or 15 minutes). Bring in a newcastle defender, maybe colochini (Dummet got a few goal chances vs villa too though).

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I seem to be in a similar situation to a lot of people with Mata & Rooney. Want to ship one of the two I have but reluctant because of their fixtures. I'm not sure is DDG worth it either. But again, those fixtures ...

I have two FTs so may just do Bojan to Naismith. But only to use up a transfer and save some money for a future upgrade somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Gameweek 3

Begovic

Have you one or two?

Plenty of choices - all similar to my own, possibly one of:

Bego -> Krul
    Caulker -> Kaboul/Colo/Hull defender
    Moore - > Dummett
    Fletcher -> Naismith (mainly for 2 fixtures after next one)

I've two transfers so have to do one of;

Bego -> Krul/Forster (no clyne for me)
    Bruce -> Dummet (if Bruce goes to Blackburn this will be a no brainer)
    Moore - > Dummett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Would i be jumping the gun switching from Erikkson to Lamela. Erikkson done everything but score or assist yesterday but Lamela is playing more central than Erikkson.

Lad's does it look like Spurs will keep playing Rose i need a Spurs defender.

Thinking of going

Caulker to Rose and Erikkson to Lamela.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Would i be jumping the gun switching from Erikkson to Lamela. Erikkson done everything but score or assist yesterday but Lamela is playing more central than Erikkson.

They could rotate the central role throughout the season, I have both in my team but am not getting rid of either just yet until I see how they do in the next two games. Will probably do something like Rooney -> Ade, Eriksen -> Hazard. Keeping Lamela, but this could change to Lamela getting the boot, unfair to cut Eriksen so soon imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Messed around with my lineup a little today, thinking of settling on

Krul, Myhill
    Clyne, Dier, Ivanovic, Dummett, Hutton
    Hazard, Ramsey, Mata, Sigurdsson, Rodwell
    Diego Costa, Rooney (for next couple of weeks anyway), Naismith

Still got £1m left over as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a few too many Sunday drinks yesterday and ended up making transfers.

Baines and Giroud out, Dier and Costa in (-4 hit).

Goes against all my preaching of not making transfers till the gameweek is over but DrunkShedite27 just doesn't listen!

Sick i talked about Dier from the start but him having so much competition i didn't take a risk on him.

Lads looking for a straight swap i have Caulker and Bardsley who i am not too happy with. I am thinking of sticking it out with Bardsley for awhile and getting Caulker out. I have two free transfers so any advice.

My back 5 is Terry, Caulker, Bardsley, Moore and Wisdom. I am thinking maybe downgrade Caulker to somebody to 4.5 and upgrade Bardsley to Debuchy at 5.5. Giving me two starters and 3 nice rotational options. But who do people think is the best 4.5 option?

Gatame wrote: »
    They could rotate the central role throughout the season, I have both in my team but am not getting rid of either just yet until I see how they do in the next two games. Will probably do something like Rooney -> Ade, Eriksen -> Hazard. Keeping Lamela, but this could change to Lamela getting the boot, unfair to cut Eriksen so soon imo.

To be honest i watched the game yesterday and Lamela was just fantastic. Erikkson was unlucky really hit the bar, missed a sitter and put Adebeyor in on goal and he missed. I am really tempted to being in both Spurs are playing some lovely football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Sick i talked about Dier from the start but him having so much competition i didn't take a risk on him.

Lads looking for a straight swap i have Caulker and Bardsley who i am not too happy with. I am thinking of sticking it out with Bardsley for awhile and getting Caulker out. I have two free transfers so any advice.

My back 5 is Terry, Caulker, Bardsley, Moore and Wisdom. I am thinking maybe downgrade Caulker to somebody to 4.5 and upgrade Bardsley to Debuchy at 5.5. Giving me two starters and 3 nice rotational options. But who do people think is the best 4.5 option?

Wouldn't beat yourself up about Dier. Had Naughton not been sent off he wouldn't be in the position to score his first goal against West Ham & might not have started yesterday.

Gone with two changes at the back.

Caluker to Collocini
    Bardsley to Debuchy

Leaving Terry and Debuchy and rotation of Moore, Collocini and Wisdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

To be honest i watched the game yesterday and Lamela was just fantastic. Erikkson was unlucky really hit the bar, missed a sitter and put Adebeyor in on goal and he missed. I am really tempted to being in both Spurs are playing some lovely football.

Calm down they were playing QPR at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Gone with two changes at the back.

Caluker to Collocini
    Bardsley to Debuchy

Leaving Terry and Debuchy and rotation of Moore, Collocini and Wisdom

I have debuchy ,would be looking at Transfer out ,fine for now but would not be Transfer him in

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Will wait for eto news b4 gettn in naismith..strong rumours abt martinez getting him. Want to replace him with fletcher but will hod my horses till the transfer window closes even if it means payin at extra 0.2

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Calm down they were playing QPR at home

It's the managers style that excites me. He played lovely attacking football last season and now he has better players i expect Erikkson and Lamela to score highly. Adebayor will have to come into consideration if they don't sign a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wouldn't beat yourself up about Dier. Had Naughton not been sent off he wouldn't be in the position to score his first goal against West Ham & might not have started yesterday.

Was it a straight red for Naughton. When is he due back? The Dier bandwagon is pissing me off because of people not realising that he second choice and thus cleaning up on points.

sword1 wrote: »
    I have debuchy ,would be looking at Transfer out ,fine for now but would not be Transfer him in

Arsenal conceded very few goals in the second half of last season. Once they get a settled back four i think they will rack up a fair few clean sheets. Also Debuchy looked good going forward can see him chipping in a few assists.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Was it a straight red for Naughton. When is he due back? The Dier bandwagon is pissing me off because of people not realising that he second choice and thus cleaning up on points.
    One game ban so back this week, I brought chester in for him this week after he got the red >_>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

One game ban so back this week, I brought chester in for him this week after he got the red >_>

Please post here who you're getting to replace Chester - so we can avoid...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Arsenal conceded very few goals in the second half of last season. Once they get a settled back four i think they will rack up a fair few clean sheets. Also Debuchy looked good going forward can see him chipping in a few assists.

Hope you are right,team a mess at Moment,1 less to try to get out

F1ngers wrote: »
    Please post here who you're getting to replace Chester - so we can avoid...:P

Used my transfer on Jelavic -> Naismith on saturday! Need that 1m anyway and got the price bump on naismith. Still doing ok despite the 2 reds. 135 points, the naughton rc cost me quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Used my transfer on Jelavic -> Naismith on saturday! Need that 1m anyway and got the price bump on naismith. Still doing ok despite the 2 reds. 135 points, the naughton rc cost me quite a bit.

I reckon 135 points is a bit better than 'ok'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement