Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options
  • 23-03-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

We have got our take away from the same place for years and were always happy until tonight. I rang them to be told they changed management. Let's just say the dogs turned their noses up. Vile.

Anyway now we need a new one.

Where's the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Eatzen in Clonee is the best I've found in d15 ( even though its just across the border in Meath ) it's worth the travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Wang's in coolmine is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Justask wrote: »
    We have got our take away from the same place for years and were always happy until tonight. I rang them to be told they changed management. Let's just say the dogs turned their noses up. Vile.

Anyway now we need a new one.

Where's the best?
    Zao santry unreal a little more pricey than your average Chinese but worth it.
    Only bad thing is they don't deliver very far. Important in drumcindra and they won't deliver to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Depends on what you usually get...

Foolok is lovely but their curry can be hit and miss depending on the chef...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

The Garden House in Blanch is my choice for beef curry and chicken chow mein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Tasden wrote: »
    Wang's in coolmine is lovely

I thought that in the beginning but had some not so good food there the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I thought that in the beginning but had some not so good food there the last time.

Exactly same as you, also their kitchen isn't the cleanest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got food out of the garden house the other week and it was lovely.

But , while waiting on my order , i overheard the girl saying something bout they are moving or its being changed to one of the regulars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

dickwod1 wrote: »
    The Garden House in Blanch is my choice for beef curry and chicken chow mein.
    is that the one at the junction close to the Garda station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

I'd love to hear about a good Chinese. Used to really enjoy it but have completely switched to Indian over the last year due to the superior quality of their meat. Just don't trust the meat in any chinese I've had in a Long time. Any suggestions either eat in or take away would be great. Is wongs in Castleknock still good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

UDP wrote: »
    is that the one at the junction close to the Garda station?
    It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Yu-Hong house is very popular, but the Dragon inn is also getting a very good rep. Aurora is top draw!

Google them if you're interested!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Normally I would go to Hung Wan in Roselawn, it's ok. I always get their beef satay which is nice but tasted a couple if their other dishes a couple of weeks ago which were ok. Not sure if I'm just not that into Chinese or they were just average. There still better than others I've come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

miamee wrote: »
    It is.
    Terrible place. Was very hungry coming back from the airport, ordered a chicken curry from there but couldn't bring myself to eat it it was so rank. Maybe it was once off bad food but my stomach turns every time I pass the place.
    Now the thai garden restaurant is a place with great food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

UDP wrote: »
    Terrible place. Was very hungry coming back from the airport, ordered a chicken curry from there but couldn't bring myself to eat it it was so rank. Maybe it was once off bad food but my stomach turns every time I pass the place.
    Now the thai garden restaurant is a place with great food.

Not a once off I had a similar experience, would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Love Aurora in Tyrrelstown, though its far enough from where we live that if we go there, its usually to the restaurant upstairs, absolutely love it.
    Hung Wan in Roselawn is really good too, at least for what hubby and myself like to order.
    Magic Wok in Hartstown is our go to chinese, never had a bad meal from there its always good quality food and more important in all our years of ordering there we've never been unwell afterwards >.> thats my big fear with chinese.

We've tried Wangs, the delivery place in Coolmine lately but meh not sold on it, the regular curry is not good but the green curry is nice, one thing in their favour their salt and chilli chicken wings are NYOM! Jaysus making myself hungry now and its barely past breakfast :D

The Ming Court in the centre do delivery now too and nice but not amazing imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Wan's in St. Brigid's shopping centre in Blanch Village (the little laneway opposite the Seat garage) is by far the best in the area IMO. They also do a great deal Mon-Thurs where all chicken and beef dishes are just €6. It's just a pity they're not on just-eat or feed me websites.

Have tried most of the Chinese takeaways in the area and Wan's is our absolute favourite. Millenium in Castleknock the only other one we have repeat ordered from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Eatzen in Clonee by a country mile, you just don't get that MSG taste and the rice is always light and fluffy when ordering a takeaway, boiled rice when delivered from most other Chinese restaurants is sticky and tasteless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Nobody mentioned Chungs in Mountview? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

miamee wrote: »
    Normally I would go to Hung Wan in Roselawn, it's ok. I always get their beef satay which is nice but tasted a couple if their other dishes a couple of weeks ago which were ok. Not sure if I'm just not that into Chinese or they were just average. There still better than others I've come across.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

mattb74 wrote: »
    Eatzen in Clonee by a country mile, you just don't get that MSG taste and the rice is always light and fluffy when ordering a takeaway, boiled rice when delivered from most other Chinese restaurants is sticky and tasteless

Agree, myself & the Mrs wouldn't look any further, their satay sauce alone is the best I've ever tasted.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Is wongs in Castleknock still good?
    It never was in the first place. I had three meals there over an 18 month period and I would rate each occasion as worst than the last. Between poor food and lousy service I would never go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Looks like Eatzen is the place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I like the fu look, you can order online and they do burgers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Justask wrote: »
    Looks like Eatzen is the place to go.

No question about it. If you arent getting a delivery, ring ahead to order anyway, it can get busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Don't get Chinese much. Mandarin Castle Castleknock. I dunno anyone who goes to Wongs. Didn't know half of these other places existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Haven't tried Eatzen, but definitely not a fan of Hung Wan in Roselawn. Tried a couple of dishes from there but wouldn't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Dragon inn in mulhuddart village is amazing. Used to love hun won in roselawn but the bones in their chicken wings crumble so the quality of their meat must be fairly bad

What about Host in Clonsilla?

I think it's quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I agree Host in closilla,food is always quality.

Advertisement