Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores to be sold

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

happy09 wrote: »
    I would be happy to see Asda here instead of Dunnes Store. Dunnes store is a rip-off. Recently I was in London, was shopping in Asda. Got bottle of water, 2 bananas, big packets of crisp and mp3 player for 10 pounds...not bad! Forgot as well chocolate bar....

However comes for sure they will be cheaper...

The telling point is not that it was Asda but that it was LONDON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happy09

Degsy wrote: »

Yeah , I hope one day the same might happen in Ireland:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yeah , I hope one day the same might happen in Ireland:cool:

listen,if Argos in the republic is more expensive than the one in newry,DO not expect Asda to be cheaper than dunnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I would be happy to see Asda here instead of Dunnes Store. Dunnes store is a rip-off. Recently I was in London, was shopping in Asda. Got bottle of water, 2 bananas, big packets of crisp and mp3 player for 10 pounds...not bad! Forgot as well chocolate bar....

However comes for sure they will be cheaper...

Thats Asda's selling point though - being cheaper than Tesco, Morrisons, etc.

That's not Dunnes selling point - which is we're Irish and all the rest are German/British
    madmik wrote: »
    please let this rumour be true

the amount of skangers who work in dunnes is unreal

they spend their time chewing gum,gossiping,laughing and joking around while a queue of irritated customers stands waiting to get served

in my local dunnes they have stains on the uniforms ,massive ear rings,bad attitudes and some even downright rude
    in short theyre a bunch of tossers

i hope walmart sacks every last one of them and sends them to the dole queue where they belong

dunnnes emplloyees-RIP

That's what happens when you live in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

So this is the story, asda taking over dunnes is a pile of rumours nothing concrete

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Those mp3 players sure are tasty with a banana :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

ok this thread was started a good four months ago.... and whats changed? Nothing! No sign of Asda! So there soesnt seem to be that much truth in it afterall.... ??

It was probably just some stupid comment made by someone that just snowballed out of all proportion. Why would the Dunne family sell up? The place is still turning a profit and likely always will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It pops up from time to time. Talks have occurred between the parties- but nothing of recent vintage (from memory I think the last time was over 3 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Degsy wrote: »

Even Waitrose is cheaper in London compared to supermarkets here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NaZionist

Sale has been confirmed, news article here http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/Dunnes Stores sale confirmed.html

Sale Price €9.99*

*If they had held out until tomorrow they would have got double club points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Looks like this one is getting legs again.
    2 weeks ago there were a lot of suits in the Gorey store walking around apparently doing a survey, all english accents and the weekend just gone they were in the Kilnamanagh branch in Tallaght. Think its more than a rumour this time around.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

secman wrote: »
    2 weeks ago there were a lot of suits in the Gorey store walking around apparently doing a survey, all english accents and the weekend just gone they were in the Kilnamanagh branch in Tallaght. Think its more than a rumour this time around.

Secman
    Well dressed British people in Dunnes Stores shocker...

.. dey tuk our jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

secman wrote: »

Secman

Tesco doing a price comparison probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement