Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

So I was feeling a bit down yesterday as I was up half a lb. I decided to look at photos of me at Christmas to see if there was any difference in how I looked after losing 2 stone since January. Now I don't see a huge difference but I do see some change. I guess because I'm so heavy it will take a while for me to see a major difference in body shape. Thought I'd share them with you, so at least you can visualise what I look like. It's mad that we are all talking to each other as if we know each other!

Me at my heaviest at Christmas 2011
    Me this week
    Close up of my face

I know I have 9 stone to go until I reach my goal but at least I am getting there slowly. I've signed up for the Skinny Doll's summer challenge and the goal is to lose 12lbs by my birthday in the first week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

So I was feeling a bit down yesterday as I was up half a lb. I decided to look at photos of me at Christmas to see if there was any difference in how I looked after losing 2 stone since January. Now I don't see a huge difference but I do see some change. I guess because I'm so heavy it will take a while for me to see a major difference in body shape. Thought I'd share them with you, so at least you can visualise what I look like. It's mad that we are all talking to each other as if we know each other!

Me this week
    Close up of my face

I know I have 9 stone to go until I reach my goal but at least I am getting there slowly. I've signed up for the Skinny Doll's summer challenge and the goal is to lose 12lbs by my birthday in the first week of June.

Oh my goodness! There is SO much change to be seen! You're face is much more defined! I feel the same I started at 16stone in Jan and i'm 14 stone now, people are always saying oh my good the difference in your face, and secretly i'm thinking 'ehh it's not my face that i'm worried about loosing weight from'!

Well done West Wing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Me this week
    Close up of my face

Wow what a difference!
    You face is so much slimmer and you're getting a nice shape too, keep up the good work. You also have a lovely glow about you too, so carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

Me this week
    Close up of my face

You're looking great west wing!! can really notic the difference! we seem to be on the same track. started at the same time, have almost the same goal and have lost nearly the same amount!

everyone is telling me how different i look but i didn't notice it myself until i went out this weekend and i got the dreaded facebook notification on monday telling me someone had tagged me in a photo but to my surprise i didn't recoil in horror when i saw it! i had finally noticed it! such a good motivation!!

and we also have the same hoodie! ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Me this week
    Close up of my face

The difference is amazing! I know when I started I had 9st to lose and it seemed impossible so I took it one stone at a time. I rarely could see the difference but the compliments were coming thick and fast so I had to have been changing! I found the problem was that in my head I was still the fat chick and it took me quite some time to see what everyone else could plainly see. Stick with your journey and believe me it is a journey it will all be worth it in the end! Best of Luck. F.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Me this week
    Close up of my face

I have to echo the sentiments of others and say there is def a huge difference. Sometimes its harder to see on ourselves but you are doing so well. Your face is so much more defined. And you do seem to hold youself in a more confident way in the recent photos - which is another great benefit of losing the weight. Well done hun :D

fionas046 wrote: »
    The difference is amazing! I know when I started I had 9st to lose and it seemed impossible so I took it one stone at a time. I rarely could see the difference but the compliments were coming thick and fast so I had to have been changing! I found the problem was that in my head I was still the fat chick and it took me quite some time to see what everyone else could plainly see. Stick with your journey and believe me it is a journey it will all be worth it in the end! Best of Luck. F.

that's a very good tip! sometimes i think the rest of the road ahead is impossibly long but if i just go stone by stone it seems alot easier (even if I do have to do it another 8/9 times)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Me this week
    Close up of my face

There's a huge difference. as everyone else has said, it's often much easier to see the difference in someone else than in yourself. You're doing great though, so keep up the good work!!!

Firstly... well done to everyone on this weeks losses!

I had my WI this morning. Another 3 lb down. I'm delighted with myself, esp after last weeks gain. I was really careful with my tracking this week. I was just a small bit cross with myself for using ALL of my weeklies, without really having a special occasion, night out etc, but that's not the end of the world. I suppose it just goes to show, that the weekly points are not something to be afraid of, they're to be used and enjoyed!!! I was also VERY cross with myself for being very lazy about exercising this week. I only earned about 14 activity points... that's far less than usual, so that's what I've identified as needing to work on this week. I might even hit the gym at some stage... the months of my membership are sliding by, and I haven't really gotten that much use out of it.

Now... to talk mini goals. Well, I just ticked a big one off the list today.... back in the 14's. don't know when i last saw that on a scales. woo hoo... I've half a pound to lose to be half way along my ww journey- I'd like to tick that one off next week. Then, i'd like to get my 3rd stone by the wednesday after the bank hol... that's three weigh ins, 4.5lb. heres to another good week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Me this week
    Close up of my face

Well done west wing, honestly you can really see the difference! Keep going! You couldn't have 9st to go though???!!! Wow! This I find confusing!!! What weight do you want to get to? Either way you are doing brilliantly!:-)

• Advertisement

Well done west wing, honestly you can really see the difference! Keep going! You couldn't have 9st to go though???!!! Wow! This I find confusing!!! What weight do you want to get to? Either way you are doing brilliantly!:-)
    My starting weight was 20stone 9lbs. Ideally I would like to get to 9 stone 2lbs. The thinnest I've ever been is 10st and though I was very happy with that I would have been a size 12-14. I would rather fall into the 10-12 size.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Me this week
    Close up of my face

You're looking great WW! Fantastic. Well done hun :D
    ck83 wrote: »
    Firstly... well done to everyone on this weeks losses!

I had my WI this morning. Another 3 lb down. I'm delighted with myself, esp after last weeks gain. I was really careful with my tracking this week. I was just a small bit cross with myself for using ALL of my weeklies, without really having a special occasion, night out etc, but that's not the end of the world. I suppose it just goes to show, that the weekly points are not something to be afraid of, they're to be used and enjoyed!!! I was also VERY cross with myself for being very lazy about exercising this week. I only earned about 14 activity points... that's far less than usual, so that's what I've identified as needing to work on this week. I might even hit the gym at some stage... the months of my membership are sliding by, and I haven't really gotten that much use out of it.

Now... to talk mini goals. Well, I just ticked a big one off the list today.... back in the 14's. don't know when i last saw that on a scales. woo hoo... I've half a pound to lose to be half way along my ww journey- I'd like to tick that one off next week. Then, i'd like to get my 3rd stone by the wednesday after the bank hol... that's three weigh ins, 4.5lb. heres to another good week everyone!

That's great ck83! Delighted for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

My starting weight was 20stone 9lbs. Ideally I would like to get to 9 stone 2lbs. The thinnest I've ever been is 10st and though I was very happy with that I would have been a size 12-14. I would rather fall into the 10-12 size.

Wow you don't look 18st odd in the pics!! In my experience I would not focus on a final number yet. I wanted to get to 10st but now I realise I probably won't get there as it's not my body. Everyone keeps saying I look great as I am now but I'd still love to lose another stone to get into the 10's.

Well done on all the losses so far this week!

I lost 2.5lbs today :D That's most of the 3 I gained last week which I never thought I could do so happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi West wing i just had a peek at your pics and i can def see a difference so keep up the good work

Me this week
    Close up of my face

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

lurker here and occasional contributor- although not in a while

I am a serial ww r, lost 5.5 stones over the last 9 yrs with it. Have put about 1.5 st back on and want to get back to where I was. Tough times as my brother is very sick at moment and I am up in hospital most nights with him, exercise is gone out the window for the moment, Cycling to work tho.

weighted in today and lost 1lb this week, 1.5 lb last week so feel like might be ghetting my mojo back. I am a bridesmaid in 10 months so that is helping me focus.

Joined the skinny doll challenge today too.

Anyhow just wanted to say tks for all the support and tips on here , can't beat girl support:)

promise to post more often
    xx

Just want to thank everyone for the kind words. After I read all your comments, I rooted out the jumper I was wearing in the heaviest photo and I'm glad to report that it is swimming on me! It is the first time in a long time that I have a jumper that is really baggy on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Just want to thank everyone for the kind words. After I read all your comments, I rooted out the jumper I was wearing in the heaviest photo and I'm glad to report that it is swimming on me! It is the first time in a long time that I have a jumper that is really baggy on me!

U look great in the pics!! Seeing the difference is a real motivator x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Had my weigh in this evening and was down three! Got my first silver 7 (well, from this time round) too!

Feeling since happy right now! I started to get back into some of my jeans at the weekend too, and though they're tight I couldn't even close them a month ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

U really do not look that weight in the pics, honestly! When u said u wanted to lose another 9st I was shocked! C how u feel after another few stone, your doing brilliant:-) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Had my weigh in this evening and was down three! Got my first silver 7 (well, from this time round) too!

Feeling since happy right now! I started to get back into some of my jeans at the weekend too, and though they're tight I couldn't even close them a month ago :)

Yahoo..well done for you!! I was so excited to get my first silver 7. Keep up the good work!!

I haven't been on for a while and I'm here because I am kind of losing motivation. I have lost stone and 11.5 lbs since Jan but I still have over 5 stone to go. I am feeling a lot better and in a smaller jeans size but I am starting to slip up at the weekends. I think I am getting sick of the same food or I have lost that feeling of a new project, I had when I started. Any tips to get back on track would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi Everyone - hope everyone's WI is going good.
    half pound of again 2nite - seem to be stuck on the half pound each time for the last few weeks - suppose i shouldnt complain though once its coming down!
    3lb to go to make 4 stone - really want to get there soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I lost 9lbs tonight :eek: been under severe stress this week so that would have helped matters slightly. Got a silver seven and a 10% sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

West Wing 9 stone really! When I read that I got a shocker, I wouldn't have thought that much?! You look great though, your doing great keep it up!!

Ok so WI tonight and I lost 3lbs :D That's 7.5lbs in the last 4 weeks. That might be normal for the rest of ye, but it took me the last 10 months to lose 11lbs and it wasn't for the lack of trying. I stuck to it all religiously!? I'm delighted though and now only 1lb away from my goal weight (second time getting there :rolleyes: but this time for keeps ;))

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272483454

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272485090

Above are the products I purchased in Tesco this evening! The top one are 1pp per pot and the second are 2pp per pot!

The 2pp pots are SO YUMMY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Haven't posted much lately because I have been too busy stuffing my face :o
    Anyway I am back on track and had my first weigh in today, I stuck to my 26PP everyday, used 15 weeklies and earned about 25 activity PP and the scales did not budge, I'm doing it for keeps this time so its not gonna throw me off track but have to say I was very disappointed! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Me this week
    Close up of my face

You are looking great!! I don't know if ifs just coincidence but when I'm at my heaviest I lived in hoodies losing weight has me making an effort and feeling better. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

looking at all the losses this week... they are just amazing... well done folks!!!

i was really nervous about WI and before i left the house i was resigned to STS this week and just onwards and downwards.... imagine my shock when the scales said -2lb! I almost fell off the scales! Was talking to my leader about it and she was saying a lot of the scales at home don't have the 0.5lb mark so it rounds up. Would explain why my scales had me teetering between 10st 13lb and 10st 10lb over the last few days...

Aaaaaaanyway... im down to 10st 10.5lb now... thats 24lb lost since January. 4lb to my 2nd stone and 17.5lb to goal. I have my friends hens in 3 weeks so i would be delighted to have my 2nd stone by then... 4lb is doable... i hope! :D

Well done again on all the losses...you lot are just fab!!!

Hi
    I know some of ye here are taking park in the skinny doll summer challenge, i would love to do it do, just went on to the page but cant figure out how to register or join up - can anyone help me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was shocked to hear that I was down 4lbs tonight! I only got a silver 7 last week but, with only 2lbs to go til the next one, it looks like there'll be another one on the way in the next couple of weeks. I'm delighted with how WW is working for me. I've only been at it for less than 2 months!

messrs wrote: »
    Hi
    I know some of ye here are taking park in the skinny doll summer challenge, i would love to do it do, just went on to the page but cant figure out how to register or join up - can anyone help me?

Just comment under this blog post! You'll have to choose a commenting option. Mine is my google profile. Do you have a gmail account? If so just sign into that and comment under the post through that..

If not i'm sure someone else on here can tell you about the other ways to comment =)

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »
    I made my own pizza base with a recipe from one of the WW mini cookbooks. For a small pizza ( I like the base really crisp) I would use about 40g of flour, a teaspoon of dried yeast (fast acting) 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and warm water. I only made it on saturday night... I pointed the base @ about 5/6 pp and aside from the copious amounts of cheese I put on which were very naughty I put 2pp worth of chorizo on with all the veggies like mushrooms and peppers etc... worked out well under the 10pp mark. I have made it before @ around 8pp... DELISH!!!

Although if you find out how many pp are in those pizza bases from the deli counter let me know... :D

Ali, is this recipe for the base a serving of one? Can't wait to try it =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Just comment under this blog post! You'll have to choose a commenting option. Mine is my google profile. Do you have a gmail account? If so just sign into that and comment under the post through that..

If not i'm sure someone else on here can tell you about the other ways to comment =)

sorry im totally dumb when it comes to this type of thing! is is something i can do tru this thread ?
    i just googled 'skinnydoll' and brought up her blog but i cant seem to figure out how to comment on it

messrs wrote: »
    sorry im totally dumb when it comes to this type of thing! is is something i can do tru this thread ?
    i just googled 'skinnydoll' and brought up her blog but i cant seem to figure out how to comment on it

Ok, scroll right to the bottom of the post 'Get Skinny for Summer Challenge' and it says '29 comments', click on that and then scroll down to the bottom of the last comment posted, aaand Enter your comment in the box, on the drop down menu pick Name/URL and in that add your name (or whatever name you'd like to post under) and your email address.
    Once you click publis you'll have to do that thing where you type in the words you see for human verifiction.,
    My explanation makes it seem very complicated but it isn't! =)

loads of us doing so well and congrats to everyone. those of you who are disappointed, no need to worry, keep on track and you'll see the result!!

I lost 2.5lbs tonight! very happy! only 1.5lb away from my third stone :D it's my birthday tomorrow so I was worried about having a bad wi hanging over my head for the weekend. now I can just enjoy it! also, i went shopping today for an outfit for the weekend and i've dropped 2 dress sizes since i started! it's things like that are dragging me out for walks and to my zumba classes and dragging me away from the biscuit tin

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Nervous for wi tomorrow as haven't been in two weeks. Was off work for 10 days and ended up going away for a few nights. 6 nights of drinking in the last two weeks, disaster. But I'm ready to take whatever the scales throws at me tomorrow and draw a line under it and get a good loss next week :-)

On the topic of bread...Brennans sandwich pan, 2 slices = 4pp. Sooo worth the extra point instead of eating the ww bread :+)

befriend1 wrote: »
    Yahoo..well done for you!! I was so excited to get my first silver 7. Keep up the good work!!

I haven't been on for a while and I'm here because I am kind of losing motivation. I have lost stone and 11.5 lbs since Jan but I still have over 5 stone to go. I am feeling a lot better and in a smaller jeans size but I am starting to slip up at the weekends. I think I am getting sick of the same food or I have lost that feeling of a new project, I had when I started. Any tips to get back on track would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:):)

maybe sit down tomorrow and make out a rough menu for the coming week with a few different meals? if youve gotten the pro u books since january, go through them for different recipes... i've cooked a few meals from them, and it's always nice to try new things. also go through the ww books you got from your leader. you might get some different ideas for breakfast/lunch.
    another idea might be to root out some photos, and chart your progress that way. it's a great motivator.
    everyone gets a bit demotivated sometimes, but the main thing is to recognise your progress and keep going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Boop22 wrote: »
    On the topic of bread...Brennans sandwich pan, 2 slices = 4pp. Sooo worth the extra point instead of eating the ww bread :+)

4pp for 2 big slices?! That sounds far too good to be true! I suppose you'd have to weigh them and take the smaller slices of the pan!
    also go through the ww books you got from your leader. you might get some different ideas for breakfast/lunch.

A I haven't got that Pro U book since before Christmas, we got one edition and that was it. Is it meant to be a monthly thing? Its a pity because I thought it was quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »
    4pp for 2 big slices?! That sounds far too good to be true! I suppose you'd have to weigh them and take the smaller slices of the pan!

A I haven't got that Pro U book since before Christmas, we got one edition and that was it. Is it meant to be a monthly thing? Its a pity because I thought it was quite good!

Our leader said that the leaders have to buy them to give to their members and not all leaders want to do that. She thinks they are great so gets them every month. But I guess it depends on the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Yes 4pp for 2 slices. It is the sandwich pan (square shaped). Link to Brennans website below if you would like to double check for yourself.

http://www.brennansbread.ie/products/brennans-sandwich-pan-2/

Boop22 wrote: »

Yes 4pp for 2 slices. It is the sandwich pan (square shaped). Link to Brennans website below if you would like to double check for yourself.

http://www.brennansbread.ie/products/brennans-sandwich-pan-2/
    I think the Brennans wholegrain is 2pp a slice also. Hope so, that's what I've been giving it for ages. Much better than ww bread!
    Also. Ive gotten a pro u book each month.

• Advertisement

Just on the subject of the Pro U book, I got one last night, loadsa lovely BBQ recipes in it and gorgeous desserts... Im not mad on tirmasu (can't spell :P ) but that berry one at the back looks gorgeous.

Having a bit of a get together over the weekend so I am going to make the gooey chocolate cake recipe we got the other week from our leader, going to add some cherries to it and make it like a black forest...

Talking about the pizza recipe... the one I posted is just for one. But I adapted the recipe from one that serves 2 or 3...

I saw someone posting the other day asking about a chicken fillet roll from centra/spar etc... I have a major thing about the toasted twister wraps from KFC. Its like 18pp or something so a total budget blower... but I found a way of having it on the cheap! last night I got a chicken burger from Aldi (the ones in the orange bag) and cooked it in the oven, when it was done I cut it up into strips and put it onto one of the tesco 4pp wraps with diced tomato, lettuce and some of the low fat Aldi cheese (I think its Ardaragh... its pre grated white cheese in a cream and pink bag) Instead of just normal light mayo I wanted the mayo like on the KFC wrap so I mixed a tablespoon of light mayo with a small bit of garlic and cracked black pepper. Served it with 3pp worth of skinny green isle chips. Jesus, it was GORGEOUS and all for 13pp!!!! :D

Yep the sandwich pan is 4pp for 2 slices!!
    I think the Brennans wholegrain is 2pp a slice also. Hope so, that's what I've been giving it for ages. Much better than ww bread!
    Also. Ive gotten a pro u book each month.

The wholegrain one is 2pp for one slice but be careful because it's 5pp for 2 slices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

forgot my lunch for work today, any low fat suggestions from the garage deli??

forgot my lunch for work today, any low fat suggestions from the garage deli??

You could get a prepack sandwich. They have the nutritional info on them. If it's a Topaz they normally do WW sandwiched which are about 8pp. If you're getting something made bear in mind that the bread they normally use is catering pan which is much thicker than normal and are 6pp for 2 slices. I'd avoid butter and cheese as they'd be full fat and if you want mayo be strict with and ask for a scrape. Then go with ham/chicken and a few veg to bulk up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

thats great thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ailey

Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while and find it very good for tips n recipes! I recently fell off the wagon! I hurt my back n was sick after that so lost interest but after a few wks of feeling sorry for myself I decided I will go back and just deal with however much I'm up and get on with it! My weigh in is this evening n I've totally psyched myself up for it but now have been asked to work late (I can't refuse as i only get a day here n there!). Anyway I was just looking for some tips on the filling n healthy as I think I need to shake things up! My questions are... Can u only eat three meals a day? Are ww wraps f+h? Do you eat as much as you like of f+h until youre full? Sorry for long post but any help much appreciated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Ailey wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been following this thread for a while and find it very good for tips n recipes! I recently fell off the wagon! I hurt my back n was sick after that so lost interest but after a few wks of feeling sorry for myself I decided I will go back and just deal with however much I'm up and get on with it! My weigh in is this evening n I've totally psyched myself up for it but now have been asked to work late (I can't refuse as i only get a day here n there!). Anyway I was just looking for some tips on the filling n healthy as I think I need to shake things up! My questions are... Can u only eat three meals a day? Are ww wraps f+h? Do you eat as much as you like of f+h until youre full? Sorry for long post but any help much appreciated!!

F&H is as mush as you want to have of the foods on the list with out pointing you just point for butter oils, treats etc... you can eat as many meals snacks as you want and id guess the wraps are on the list.. personally I am not disaplinned enough for it but would love to know how u get on: Heres the list: http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf i would put the wraps in as bread tbh

Im the same as you Lisa... I am in no way disciplined enough for F&H days yet... you would think after 3 months I would be but nope!

Had a mini disaster @ lunch today... I work up beside Christchurch and there is a food market up in the grounds up there on a Thursday. Its just started back up. Last summer it was there and I would get whatever I liked, (quesadillas, burgers, curries etc ) this time I was trying to be careful, but I just cant resist mexican food. They had these tacos... OMG the TACOS!!! Anyway... instead of the full portion of 3 tacos I just opted for one, a small enough flour tortilla wrap (about the size of the WW ones) with pork and guacamole. No cheese or sour cream.... I am thinking of pointing around 9pp... there wasn't a lot of pork and it was minced, it was a spicy tomato sauce and it was only really 2 teaspoons of guacamole...

Anyway... its only 1st day after WI so i know I have the whole week if I am underpointing....

Anyone who lives or works around the area, I would totally recommend that market... the choice up there is great...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

OMG people! I've only gone and reached my 1st stone and my 5% whoop! :D Took me a while but the fact that I'm there now makes me not care how long it took! Am delighted! :D
    maybe sit down tomorrow and make out a rough menu for the coming week with a few different meals? if youve gotten the pro u books since january, go through them for different recipes... i've cooked a few meals from them, and it's always nice to try new things. also go through the ww books you got from your leader. you might get some different ideas for breakfast/lunch.
    another idea might be to root out some photos, and chart your progress that way. it's a great motivator.
    everyone gets a bit demotivated sometimes, but the main thing is to recognise your progress and keep going!!!

I have lost most on the weeks where I looked up 5 or so new recipes on sites like Laa Loosh and Skinny Taste, pointed them & then went shopping for the ingredients for the week. You really cant beat it for knowing how many points you're having & making some yummy dishes while you're at it!
    ali85 wrote: »
    Im the same as you Lisa... I am in no way disciplined enough for F&H days yet... you would think after 3 months I would be but nope!

Had a mini disaster @ lunch today... I work up beside Christchurch and there is a food market up in the grounds up there on a Thursday. Its just started back up. Last summer it was there and I would get whatever I liked, (quesadillas, burgers, curries etc ) this time I was trying to be careful, but I just cant resist mexican food. They had these tacos... OMG the TACOS!!! Anyway... instead of the full portion of 3 tacos I just opted for one, a small enough flour tortilla wrap (about the size of the WW ones) with pork and guacamole. No cheese or sour cream.... I am thinking of pointing around 9pp... there wasn't a lot of pork and it was minced, it was a spicy tomato sauce and it was only really 2 teaspoons of guacamole...

Anyway... its only 1st day after WI so i know I have the whole week if I am underpointing....

Anyone who lives or works around the area, I would totally recommend that market... the choice up there is great...

OMG - Sounds SO yummy! I work on Harcourt St & there's a market there every Thursday. They have some very tasty stuff like Chinese, Lenanese, Hot dogs/burgers etc, Argentinian steak sambos & the best is the Spanish chicken & chorizo Paella yummo! They also have a Mexican stall, but I don't think it's the same as yours coz they just do wraps, yours sounds much better!! :D:p

No way would I be able to manage filling & healthy days either I'd say, unless I was to just stick to the smaller sized plates I have, coz I know I sure as hell don't have a 'you're full now' button lol! :D

Just found this recipe for supposedly 'guiltless' cupcakes! I haven't pointed them yet, but they look so good I wanted to share before I forgot! Will have to look into pointing & making them soon!

http://theguiltlesslife.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/christmas-treat-times-the-ultimate-guiltless-cupcake/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Not a hppy girl today at all I was up 3.5 pounds!! :eek: dont know from were, may be Easter catching up on me, bit gutted as it takes ages for me to lose 3 pounds at best 3 weeks at worst 6 weeks or more no matter how good I am I lose slow but trying not to think about how long it will take and just head down and get it off! no going back and over all I am so much better than were I was this time last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement