Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

khamilto wrote: »
    There is no Apple S6.

:confused:

Stop being pure awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Stop being pure awkward.

I'm guessing he's making the valid point that when discussing phones, to 99.9% of people the term S6 means one specific device, and 6S means a different very specific device.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LoolaBaby

Samsung Galaxy S6 32gb Black €489.95 again.
    I have my stock checker set to Cavan/Monaghan and limited stock left there anyway. Says I cant post links because Im a new user!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LoolaBaby

Samsung Galaxy S6 32gb Black or white €489.95 again.
    I have my stock checker set to Cavan/Monaghan and limited stock left there anyway. Says I cant post links because Im a new user!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see the nexus 9 is down to 209.99. I have a old 2012 nexus 7. Worth the update?

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

MarkR wrote: »
    I see the nexus 9 is down to 209.99. I have a old 2012 nexus 7. Worth the update?

Link

If you can find stock.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

degsie wrote: »
    If you can find stock.

Half a dozen around limerick. Reserved one a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Great price if you can get one. Very solid tablet - minor light bleed when the screen is black, but other than that it's great piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone able to confirm if its a 2014 model or the slightly different 2015? I'd jump on it if its the newer model which sorted out the issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

LoolaBaby wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy S6 32gb Black €489.95 again.
    I reserved one for myself, as I need a phone and I'm currently between getting a OnePlus 2 and a Nexus 6P (one is cheap, one is pricey) and now this - however, I see that you can get the 32GB on Amazon normally for around the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Tazzyb1979 wrote: »
    If anyone had a reservation code around Limerick or Cork for the Nexus you aren't using I would greatly appreciate it please.

Read thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tazzyb1979

Sorry, will delete now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone able to confirm if its a 2014 model or the slightly different 2015? I'd jump on it if its the newer model which sorted out the issues.

Light bleed on both either way I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Managed to pick up 500GB PS4 with AC Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection and Fallout 4 for a total of 324€ in my local Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

dan786 wrote: »
    Managed to pick up 500GB PS4 with AC Syndicate, Watchdogs, Uncharted Collection and Fallout 4 for a total of 324€ in my local Argos.

Were they all physical copies?

brophs wrote: »
    Were they all physical copies?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Which store and had they any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Its htc on the box. That they new model as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Great deal, Cex will buy all the games for €124, means a ps4 for €200

HTC on the box doesn't mean its the new version. There is a htc4xxxxx and a htc5xxxxx version. 4 being made in 2014 and 5 2015. The 2014 version has a few bits wrong with it.

• Advertisement

HTC on the box doesn't mean its the new version. There is a htc4xxxxx and a htc5xxxxx version. 4 being made in 2014 and 5 2015. The 2014 version has a few bits wrong with it.

Anything major to worry about. Picked up 2 for the kids for Christmas. It will only be light use browsing watching utube...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

It's the 2014 "HT4" model that they are selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hmmmmm, I wonder :cool:

The htc4 models had some screen bleed issues, and the buttons weren't very protruding and made them hard to press. The htc4a models specially, the htc4b are much better. Think I'll hold on till next week, something may come up.

The htc4 models had some screen bleed issues, and the buttons weren't very protruding and made them hard to press. The htc4a models specially, the htc4b are much better. Think I'll hold on till next week, something may come up.

Htc4b is the model number on the tablets. I picked up today. Thanks for the info.

dodzy wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, I wonder :cool:

I presume he's including a €10 voucher. Its a good deal if you can combine the two deals on the PS4 page.

I presume he's including a €10 voucher. Its a good deal if you can combine the two deals on the PS4 page.

4 GAMES and the console for €334 so. I've never seen that......ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

It's not great tbh, as you said light bleed is an issue not a big one but noticeable.
    The buttons are indeed hard to press.
    My main issue is I get several random reboots a week, it's not app related.

On a positive note I find it's form factor/size spot on, I also have a Z2 tablet and Z3 tablet and the 9 is the perfect mix between the two, if only it was built as well.
    The switch back to the 4:3 ratio wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    My Z2 is out for repair at the moment but once it's back I'm going to see if HTC or Google (not sure who covers the warranty) can fix the reboots.

Not a bother, I hate companies who put on a sale to shift old stock. The b model should be fine and have the better buttons, light bleed greatly reduced too.

Boards is great for getting all types of information, good and bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Not a bother, I hate companies who put on a sale to shift old stock. The b model should be fine and have the better buttons, light bleed greatly reduced too.

Boards is great for getting all types of information, good and bad.

Heresy! There would be no bargain alerts then!

4 GAMES and the console for €334 so. I've never seen that......ever

Well its 320 with 2 games. Then add Fallout 4 for 14, and there's a second offer of free Uncharted collection too. It does seem the best deal I've seen too, if there's any stock anywhere and if they let you combine the two offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Which store and had they any left?

Can u tell me where ya got this and how I get it cause it's only coming up with different options of games?

So here is how I got it:

Reserved the bundle and Fallout 4 separately. Had no interest in buying Uncharted.

Went to the till and gave her the reservation for console and told her I have another code for the game. She insisted I take the uncharted as its free with it. I took that and she gave me a 10e voucher.

She asked me to go to the customer services to get Fallout 4 for 14 as her system did not show that offer, which I did and used up my 10e voucher and paid 4e for it.

Total Paid: 324€

Basically I managed to get 2 offers instead of just one and it was a mistake on their behalf as the customer service rep never asked me if I got the other offer, she just looked up and checked if the offer was there and gave to me for 14.

The original rep thought it was part of one offer and not two and she never bothered to check. The CS rep never bothered to check if I got the uncharted offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Are all 4 physical copies in a box?

penev10 wrote: »
    Are all 4 physical copies in a box?

All physical. 2 Inside and 2 Outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

All physical. 2 Inside and 2 Outside.

CEX friendly so. Shame there's no stock near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

penev10 wrote: »
    CEX friendly so. Shame there's no stock near me.

Nothing near me either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Any sign of the new Dyson cordless vacuums dropping in price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Deedsie wrote: »

I'll ring around for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yeah witnessmenow!

Where's the www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepticeofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com website?

You can't be living off checkargos forever like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Why would u pay that kinda price for "up to 20 minutes of running time"???

Soarer wrote: »
    Yeah witnessmenow!

Where's the www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepticeofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com website?

You can't be living off checkargos forever like!

What dya mean, drop the 'ptice' ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

http://www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepriceofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com/

was taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

http://www.iwonderifargosaregoingtodropthepriceofthespecificitemimlookingforanytimesoon.com/

was taken

Screw ye hippies! It was early! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was in collecting something in Argos today, and the girl serving me said today has been manic because there was a lot of misprices last night which people were cashing in on.

Anyone here find any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is this new? didnt work but have never seen Argos Ebay ROI listed on the stock checker before...

also when i go to the argos ebay.ie shop it seems to be the uk stock and wont ship to ireland :confused:
    does parcelmotel work for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Quazzie wrote: »
    Was in collecting something in Argos today, and the girl serving me said today has been manic because there was a lot of misprices last night which people were cashing in on.

Anyone here find any?

Would these not show pretty easy on Argos Scanner?

but if there is a price error like the Samsung S6 (if I remember correctly only showed up at the til) then those alerts would only be by word of mouth, or forum i would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Scruff wrote: »
    is this new? didnt work but have never seen Argos Ebay ROI listed on the stock checker before...

also when i go to the argos ebay.ie shop it seems to be the uk stock and wont ship to ireland :confused:
    does parcelmotel work for it?

Its newish I think - http://stores.ebay.ie/argos-ireland?clk_rvr_id=932517936154&rmvSB=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

seems to be the uk ebay store with prices in yoyos and a delivery charge to ship it from UK...possibly.

Some definite non bargains on there...
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LG-Vodafone-G3-Mobile-Phone-Black-/111794372989
    Vs
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2782340.htm (if you could find stock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Would these not show pretty easy on Argos Scanner?

but if there is a price error like the Samsung S6 (if I remember correctly only showed up at the til) then those alerts would only be by word of mouth, or forum i would imagine.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Blasphemy :THERE ARE NO OTHER FORUMS :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement