Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Maybe.

But why then go to every media outlet and political party in the country?

"Every media and political party in the country" - Bit hyperbolic, though I would question going to DUP rather than (say) SDLP or Alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Happyman42 wrote: »
    In fairness, she had a chance for that and for whatever reason didn't take it.
    Whatever else happens with the road she has decided on, 'justice' won't be one of the achievements sadly.

Obviously she is more mature now and feels more, emotionally, psychologically and intellectually capable of pursuing the path she has now embarked on.

I would agree that to get justice against the IRA is almost impossible, but to get healing around the issues could be as valuable.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Xenophile wrote: »
    Obviously she is more mature now and feels more, emotionally, psychologically and intellectually capable of pursuing the path she has now embarked on.

I would agree that to get justice against the IRA is almost impossible, but to get healing around the issues could be as valuable.

She knows who the alleged rapist is, she named the men allegedly involved and the courts are still open to her.
    The advice to her to air this in media and to go, primarily, after Gerry Adams will prove disastrous for her healing I fear.
    Whatever about what these men or GA might have done in the aftermath of her rape, the biggest crime was her rape, and no amount of bile from Sindo journalists or political opponents of SF is going to get her justice for that. Her alleged rapist is still a free man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

SINDO today is good for a dose of nostalgia. SF/IRA everywhere in reference to present day figures in SF.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    She knows who the alleged rapist is, she named the men allegedly involved and the courts are still open to her.
    The advice to her to air this in media and to go, primarily, after Gerry Adams will prove disastrous for her healing I fear.
    Whatever about what these men or GA might have done in the aftermath of her rape, the biggest crime was her rape, and no amount of bile from Sindo journalists or political opponents of SF is going to get her justice for that. Her alleged rapist is still a free man.

Who cares about the rapist when there is political capital to be made out of it - and seemingly that's what she wants

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SINDO today is good for a dose of nostalgia. SF/IRA everywhere in reference to present day figures in SF.

I wouldn't give my money to that rag from INM, and put money in Denis o Brien's pocket. Have you not read the Moriarty tribunal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Its puzzling why her ire seems to be concentrated on Gerry Adams now,why is it not directed on her attacker who she still has a chance of bringing to court and then she could have got Gerry Adams role in this out in the open in a court which she seems to want more than anything now.

There is a massive push out there to discredit Sinn Fein and this is ratcheted up each time they soar in the poles but people are seeing through an Irish media who are completely biased against SF bordering on trying to subvert the democratic state with their coverage on SF.

The work and exchange and supply of imformation between political opponents of SF and the media is frightening.
    The positive things that SF are doing are going completely unreported and they being dismissed in all articles as having no economic policy's whatsoeverever though Pierce Doherty has given out complete reports and analysis to back up his policy's,but the media will ignore this and just give out the same line between the "populist and looney to suit their agenda.

People are beginning to see through the Irish medias treatment against one democratic political party in this country to the point now that any story that comes out about SF is not believed anymore whether it be true or not and it is not good for a democratic system to have voters voting for a party because there is a vicious media bias against that party.

The fact that this girl has gone to the likes of Michael Martin and Eilish o Hanlon who is involved with the Sindependant and all that entails(harrises,ex Harrises,Fannings exFannings and all who were against peace agreements in NI and have never got over the fact that they were wrong that arms would be given up and that an agreement could be reached and put out articles about SF at the time in their paper to deliberately upset talks) is very strange route to take and I would say Charlie Flannagan and Joan Burton are raging that they didn't get their opportunity to make political capital out of this girls case.

Who's agendas are we working towards here because it certainly does not seem to be for taking an alleged rapist to justice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

tipptom wrote: »

People are beginning to see through the Irish medias treatment against one democratic political party in this country to the point now that any story that comes out about SF is not believed anymore whether it be true or not and it is not good for a democratic system to have voters voting for a party because there is a vicious media bias against that party.

This is absolute rubbish to be honest. If the leader of any other political party was accused of conspiring to coverup multiple rapes then they would not only be hounded out of the position of leader, but also out of the Dáil. This is the media doing their job in holding political leaders to account. Now that might not go hand in hand with Sinn Féin and its tendency to operate in a shady and secretive manner, but they should get used to it if they want to be treated the same as any other party.

Sinn Féin and its supporters need to stop the 'medjia' conspiracy nonsense if they want to be taken seriously. I don't know how many times I have read something along the lines of 'ah sure isn't it convenient timing for this to hit the papers!' over the last few days. When exactly would it be convenient? If the media wanted to do a hatchet job then they would pursue this during an election campaign, not midway during the election cycle.
    The fact that this girl has gone to the likes of Michael Martin and Eilish o Hanlon who is involved with the Sindependant and all that entails(harrises,ex Harrises,Fannings exFannings and all who were against peace agreements in NI and have never got over the fact that they were wrong that arms would be given up and that an agreement could be reached and put out articles about SF at the time in their paper to deliberately upset talks) is very strange route to take and I would say Charlie Flannagan and Joan Burton are raging that they didn't get their opportunity to make political capital out of this girls case.

That is some hatchet job you are trying to carry out, akin to character assassination. Even the language you are using, referring to Mairia as a 'girl' as if she is some sort of silly little child. The reason Mairia seems to have gone to the media is because she could never get any questions answered satisfactorily when dealing internally within Sinn Féin. She was subjected to a Kangaroo court by the IRA army council. It seems Sinn Féin just want this controversy to disappear, and now that it isn't its activists are out in force to try and discredit and completely undermine Mairia's character - following the tune set by its parliamentary party - instead of trying to actually ensure she gets her questions answered.

Sick.

This is absolute rubbish to be honest. If the leader of any other political party was accused of conspiring to coverup multiple rapes then they would not only be hounded out of the position of leader, but also out of the Dáil. This is the media doing their job in holding political leaders to account. Now that might not go hand in hand withdrawn Sinn Féin and its tendency to operate in a shady and secretive manner, but they should get used to it if they want to be treated the same as any other party.

Sinn Féin and its supporters need to stop the 'medjia' conspiracy nonsense if they want to be taken seriously. I don't know how many times I have read something along the lines of 'ah sure isn't it convenient timing for this to hit the papers!' over the last few days. When exactly would it be convenient? If the media wanted to do a hatchet job then they would pursue this during an election campaign, not midway during the election cycle.

That is some hatchet job you are trying to carry out, akin to character assassination. Even the language you are using, referring to Mairia as a 'girl' as if she is some sort of silly little child. The reason Mairia seems to have gone to the media is because she could never get any questions answered satisfactorily when dealing internally within Sinn Féin. She was subjected to a Kangaroo court by the IRA army council. It seems Sinn Féin just want this controversy to disappear, and now that it isn't its activists are out in force to try and discredit and completely undermine Mairia's character - following the tune set by its parliamentary party - instead of trying to actually ensure she gets her questions answered.

Sick.

Ah the Fianna fail press office have short memories.

What about the secret deal done by your beloved leader Bertie ahern to pay the catholic churches compensation on behalf of the paedos and rapists. Using the states money to pay it?

Will you have to check with headquarters for an answer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ah the Fianna fail press office have short memories.

What about the secret deal done by your beloved leader Bertie ahern to pay the catholic churches compensation on behalf of the paedos and rapists. Using the states money to pay it?

Will you have to check with headquarters for an answer?

More Sinn Féin whataboutery.

• Advertisement

This is absolute rubbish to be honest. If the leader of any other political party was accused of conspiring to coverup multiple rapes then they would not only be hounded out of the position of leader, but also out of the Dáil. This is the media doing their job in holding political leaders to account. Now that might not go hand in hand with Sinn Féin and its tendency to operate in a shady and secretive manner, but they should get used to it if they want to be treated the same as any other party.

Sick.
    Where is the hachet job,because I called her a girl,get real?
    Because I asked what was her agenda in going to Michael Martin and and the usual political opponents of SF instead of going to someone who is impartial and genuine abought her plight who would advise her to go after her alleged rapist attacker and then she would get her chance to expose GA.
    What is the "sick" quote about and why are you are trying to insinuate something that isn't there to justify that comment to suit your prejudice's
    Im not surprised that you as a moderater on boards cannot see the hostile media bias agenda against SF because I see it every day here on boards from a mostly hostile anti SF moderaters who let anti SF posters away with comments that are not tolerated from posters who stand up for them because of their own prejuidices.

More Sinn Féin whataboutery.

Answer the question about Bertie ahern?

Do you still work for Fianna fail?

Answer the question about Bertie ahern?

No I won't satisfy your deflection tactics. This is a thread discussing Adams and the allegations that Mairia Cahill has made.
    Do you still work for Fianna fail?

Nope, and as I have said elsewhere I never have. Do you work for Sinn Féin?

Its funny that you automatically assume that I am still a Fianna Fáil activist too just because I have the audacity to challenge your narrative. The days of disappearing those who don't buy into the party line are over.

Anyway enough whataboutery from you. Did Adams know about the abuse and did he and the IRA subject Cahill to a Kangaroo court?

No I won't satisfy your deflection tactics. This is a thread discussing Adams and the allegations that Mairia Cahill has made.

Nope, and as I have said elsewhere I never withdrew. Do you work for Sinn Féin?

Its funny that you automatically assume that I am still a Fianna Fáil activist too just because I have the audacity to challenge your narrative. The days of disappearing those who don't buy into the party line are over.

Anyway enough whataboutery from you. Did Adams know about the abuse and did he and the IRA subject Cahill to a Kangaroo court?

So you have never worked for Fianna fail, but you were an activist. How does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Its puzzling why her ire seems to be concentrated on Gerry Adams now,why is it not directed on her attacker who she still has a chance of bringing to court and then she could have got Gerry Adams role in this out in the open in a court which she seems to want more than anything now.

There is a massive push out there to discredit Sinn Fein and this is ratcheted up each time they soar in the poles but people are seeing through an Irish media who are completely biased against SF bordering on trying to subvert the democratic state with their coverage on SF.

The work and exchange and supply of imformation between political opponents of SF and the media is frightening.
    The positive things that SF are doing are going completely unreported and they being dismissed in all articles as having no economic policy's whatsoeverever though Pierce Doherty has given out complete reports and analysis to back up his policy's,but the media will ignore this and just give out the same line between the "populist and looney to suit their agenda.

Who's agendas are we working towards here because it certainly does not seem to be for taking an alleged rapist to justice.

Well ya know SF were able to play the media to their advantage during the presedential campaign when they completely destroyed FF just before voting.

So you have never worked for Fianna fail, but you were an activist. How does that work?

Ah here. You and everyone else knows that there is a difference between canvassing for a candidate during an election and actually working for a party. I have no problem putting my hand up and saying I have campaigned for Fianna Fáil candidates in the past. It doesn't mean that I would do so in the morning though. At least I am upfront about my affiliations.

Still though more whataboutery from you. I notice you didn't answer my question either that actually relates to the topic of the thread.

I hope everyone else can see the blatant tactics being employed by Sinn Féin'ers. You are trying to hurl questions at me and undermine my character - all in an attempt to deflect from the very serious questions that the party and its entire leadership have yet to answer.

You lot are at the same game trying to destroy Mairia Cahill's character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Lol.

You mean to tell me you're so opinionated on the whole subject and haven't actually watched it :confused:

Just like Mary Lou so......

^^^ Quick, lets change this to a Bertie Ahern discussion...

Just about everyone on boards.ie hates Bertie Ahern.... why bring it up?

Ah here. You and everyone else knows that there is a difference between canvassing for a candidate during an election and actually working for a party. I have no problem putting my hand up and saying I have campaigned for Fianna Fáil candidates in the past. It doesn't mean that I would do so in the morning though. At least I am upfront about my affiliations.

Still though more whataboutery from you. I notice you didn't answer my question either that actually relates to the topic of the thread.

I hope everyone else can see the blatant tactics being employed by Sinn Féin'ers. You are trying to hurl questions at me and undermine my character - all in an attempt to deflect from the very serious questions that the party and its entire leadership have yet to answer.

You lot are at the same game
    trying to destroy Mairia Cahill's character too.
    So now we see your real agenda,you are a FF activist.touched a nerve did I mentioning Michael?.
    You lot are at the same game as the rest of them,pretend to care about this person and whats happened to her but really its an opportunity for the sleeveen party,now THAT is sick.

By the way,never voted for SF in my life,voted for Alan Kelly in the last election.

gunny558 wrote: »
    ^^^ Quick, lets change this to a Bertie Ahern discussion...

Just about everyone on boards.ie hates Bertie Ahern.... why bring it up?

Because sierra Oscar said if any other party leader covered up rape they would be hounded out of the Dail.

But it didn't happen Bertie ahern did it?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't give my money to that rag from INM, and put money in Denis o Brien's pocket. Have you not read the Moriarty tribunal?
    I read it in the shop and buy the Sunday Business Post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Because sierra Oscar said if any other party leader covered up rape they would be hounded out of the Dail.

But it didn't happen Bertie ahern did it?
    Reynolds fell because of it, when did Ahern cover up rape??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

FF are finished. Only an idiot would vote for them. So a niche exists. But SF need to clean up their act. Adams isn't the man for the job.

Rightwing wrote: »
    FF are finished. Only an idiot would vote for them. So a niche exists. But SF need to clean up their act. Adams isn't the man for the job.

I couldn't agree more.

But something stinks about by his story, and I don't think its Adams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I couldn't agree more.

But something stinks about by his story, and I don't think its Adams!

Possibly, but he seems to be a can of worms, whether there's truth or not. Throw enough mud, and eventually it will stick.

Possibly, but he seems to be a can of worms, whether there's truth or not. Throw enough mud, and eventually it will stick.

That seems to be the Fianna fail/ Denis o Brien INM policy. I suppose its easier than coming out with policy's for there own party!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

The country is full of idiots who will vote FF back in soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Winty wrote: »
    Do you trust Mr Adams?
    He is the only person on the planet who thinks he was not in the IRA.
    The man is a lier pure and simple

Winty

Were is your proof ?? british / Irish goverment have never provided any proof to confirm 100% he was a Member so unless you know something we don't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Skid X wrote: »
    His Brother was convicted of Rape. Of his own Daughter.

Are you insinuating that the conviction was part of a conspiracy to blacken the flawless reputation of Saint Gerry :rolleyes:

his brother was convicted and hope he rots in jail but unfortunatly he will probally be released early.... but media went into overkill because of his famous / infamous brother . how many familys out their have had brothers/ sisters / fathers / mothers convicted of serious crimes and would you try and blame the rest of family for it ?

• Advertisement

afro man wrote: »
    his brother was convicted and hope he rots in jail but unfortunatly he will probally be released early.... but media went into overkill because of his famous / infamous brother . how many familys out their have had brothers/ sisters / fathers / mothers convicted of serious crimes and would you try and blame the rest of family for it ?

Talk about thread backfire. Even I know the problem wasnt that they were blaming him for the rape. They were blaming him for covering up and denying knowledge about his brother. When Liam was on the run and republicans were hiding him and authorities looking for him Gerry wouldnt tell where he was. It was a tough spot to be in. Either give up your brother for jail or take a political hiding.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement