Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It is important to state at the outset that the man accused of the rape was cleared in a court of law when the case was presented because Mairia decided not to testify and also that police investigated the kangaroo court charge and found no evidence.

It is also worth noting that Mairia Cahill has met Fianna Fail leader and Adams opponent Michael Martin and is set to meet Northern Ireland First Minister DUP leader Peter Robinson on Monday, making this a very political issue

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishcentral.com%2Fopinion%2Fniallodowd%2FLatest-media-attack-on-Gerry-Adams-fails-the-reality-test.html&ei=A-hCVI6bFI-S7AbphIGoDA&usg=AFQjCNGgZEsrwbr6H5swJ_Wso0J6kKGRGg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

It is important to state at the outset that the man accused of the rape was cleared in a court of law when the case was presented because Mairia decided not to testify and also that police investigated the kangaroo court charge and found no evidence.

It is also worth noting that Mairia Cahill has met Fianna Fail leader and Adams opponent Michael Martin and is set to meet Northern Ireland First Minister DUP leader Peter Robinson on Monday, making this a very political issue

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishcentral.com%2Fopinion%2Fniallodowd%2FLatest-media-attack-on-Gerry-Adams-fails-the-reality-test.html&ei=A-hCVI6bFI-S7AbphIGoDA&usg=AFQjCNGgZEsrwbr6H5swJ_Wso0J6kKGRGg

Seems very fishy to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Excellent piece.

It seems eilish o Hanlon and fine Gaels mouth piece aka Denis o Brien's INM are playing dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

duckcfc wrote: »
    As for the op and the people bashing adams, its all well and good saying all what's been said in hindsight but back then, there was a war on and the RUC couldn't be trusted by no one. As for the IRAs kangaroo courts, you have to look atbit from their perspective, she could have been lying and it isnt the first time a girl has came out and lied about rapes. For all they know she could be sent to say these allegations by handlers in the special branch.

Now in 2014 its OK to say Adams was wrong in how he dealt with it, so what, we all make mistakes in life and he was a man with quite alit of pressure in him. He is the god father of Irish Republicanism ffs and anyone who doesn't think there's someone pulling this girls strings is a fool IMO! As for the girl herself, something seems fishy about her to be totally honest with you all.

I love posts like this.

It gives everyone a glimpse into the horrible warped mindset of the IRA's version of 'Republicanism'.

I don't usually vote but this Adams bashing will get me of my are and defo out voting for SF when time comes! They think this is damaging SF, well anyone ive talk to its having the opposite

• Advertisement

I love posts like this.

It gives everyone a glimpse into the horrible warped mindset of the IRA's version of 'Republicanism'.

You have to understand the situation these guys where under while were down here living in a normal society, well as normal as can be.

I don't think its a stretch to imagine that the IRA dealt with this kind of thing themselves.
    They like to hand out their own type of punishment and have for years.
    They also hold their own kangaroo courts.

The way I see it, its a typical Irish thing.
    The church dealt with things their way.
    The GAA dealt with things their way, both back in the day.
    Thankfully those days are gone now, but I can see very easily how the IRA would've dealt with this ' their own way'

Of course, Gerry Adams, having never been a member if the IRA, wouldn't have any idea about this...........!!!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't think its a stretch to imagine that the IRA dealt with this kind of thing themselves.
    They like to hand out their own type of punishment and have for years.
    They also hold their own kangaroo courts.

The way I see it, its a typical Irish thing.
    The church dealt with things their way.
    The GAA dealt with things their way, both back in the day.
    Thankfully those days are gone now, but I can see very easily how the IRA would've dealt with this ' their own way'

Of course, Gerry Adams, having never been a member if the IRA, wouldn't have any idea about this...........!!!!

The IRA did deal with it and if that guy was found guilty, he'd have been shot in ankles, kneecaps and elbows. Warranted for such people IMO

The IRA did deal with it and if that guy was found guilty, he'd have been shot in ankles, kneecaps and elbows. Warranted for such people IMO

Exactly.
    The IRA are not the law enforcement in either this country or northern Ireland, but they act like they are, and always have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Exactly.
    The IRA are not the law enforcement in either this country or northern Ireland, but they act like they are, and always have.

Believe me. Back in 97 (when this allegedly occurred) the ruc weren't exactly "law enforcers" for a sizable amount of the population in the north.

As someone who was born, and lived there for 26 years, I feel I'm experienced enough to make that statement tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lol.

You mean to tell me you're so opinionated on the whole subject and haven't actually watched it :confused:

Have you got a link? It's not that funny a request, is it?

Exactly.

They had no choice when the british army and the ruc were only protecting prodestants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Really hoping Gerry comes through all this unscathed.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Really hoping Gerry comes through all this unscathed.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Evidently.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Adams has stated time and time again that he is not a member of the IRA(Even up to this day). And I believe this is true. If he never sat in a room and was given a number or tag,by the IRA, then it never happened(Green book & all). I believe this is his way out of never being a member of the IRA. by default. = never joined up so never a member.

Adams has stated time and time again that he is not a member of the IRA(Even up to this day). And I believe this is true. If he never sat in a room and was given a number or tag,by the IRA, then it never happened(Green book & all). I believe this is his way out of never being a member of the IRA(Which he's not). by default. = never joined up so never a member.

The indo has already been censored over their childish comments, hopefully the sindo and it's comic version the sunday world will go overboard tomorrow. That would be classic, and a good old summation from Eillis.

Believe me. Back in 97 (when this allegedly occurred) the ruc weren't exactly "law enforcers" for a sizable amount of the population in the north.

As someone who was born, and lived there for 26 years, I feel I'm experienced enough to make that statement tbh.

No, I agree with you, I lived from the 80's till the late 90's on the border, I have relations, friends and aquantinces in the north. My home is only a few miles from the border.

However, I do think if the ruc had a complaint against a member of the IRA they would've jumped at the chance.
    If the injured party didn't go to them though, it is probably understandable.

I still think the IRA, are like the catholic church, think themselves to be the law and above reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

How convenient. Nothing more need said.

headnorth wrote: »
    Adams has stated time and time again that he is not a member of the IRA(Even up to this day). And I believe this is true. If he never sat in a room and was given a number or tag,by the IRA, then it never happened(Green book & all). I believe this is his way out of never being a member of the IRA(Which he's not). by default. = never joined up so never a member.

Oh please!!!
    You really believe he wasn't a member of the IRA or do you think that he wasn't ever 'officially' in because he didn't take an oath?
    Even if he didn't take an oath, do you really believe that he didn't direct this organisation at some stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

Id be very suspicious about how they 'found him innocent'.

Even in todays society its often very difficult to prove or disprove a rape. What type of chain of custody did they use, what medical examinations were completed, witness testimony etc would have been available to the IRA- who Im guessing would have been relatively untrained in this area.

If that rape occured today, and was investigated today it could still collapse so easily at any given point.

Sorry I just dont believe the IRA would have been in a position to conduct a proper investigation and trial on this particular issue.

gunny558 wrote: »
    Id be very suspicious about how they 'found him innocent'.

Even in todays society its often very difficult to prove or disprove a rape. What type of chain of custody did they use, what medical examinations were completed, witness testimony etc would have been available to the IRA- who Im guessing would have been relatively untrained in this area.

If that rape occured today, and was investigated today it could still collapse so easily at any given point.

Sorry I just dont believe the IRA would have been in a position to conduct a proper investigation and trial on this particular issue.

You can't be serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I personally think Mairia Cahill is genuine but she is possibly being used by forces that don't necessarily have her best interests (or those of any abuse victims) at heart. Just my 2c.

Don't forget there are some rather strange people writing for the Sindo that hate the fact there even is a peace process in the first place. Every single positive development in the peace process, they criticised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

why did she collapse legal proceedings and is now meeting with politicians like Enda and Robinson? What does she want? Hardly justice otherwise she would not have collapsed the legal process

why did she collapse legal proceedings and is now meeting with politicians like Enda and Robinson? What does she want? Hardly justice otherwise she would not have collapsed the legal process

Seems like a vulnerable woman being taken advantage of by micheal martin and Denis o Brien's INM to score a few political points!

You can't be serious.

Care to elaborate?

Oh please!!!
    You really believe he wasn't a member of the IRA or do you think that he wasn't ever 'officially' in because he didn't take an oath?
    Even if he didn't take an oath, do you really believe that he didn't direct this organisation at some stage?

I'm coming from Adam's point of view(a technicality), and that's what we all have to understand when he answers the question "Where you ever a member Gerry" = "No, Coz i never got a tag,a number,a name a..a...a whatever". There were rules within the IRA (Green book)

Seems like a vulnerable woman being taken advantage of by micheal martin and Denis o Brien's INM to score a few political points!

This is what Id guess is happening. People are very suspicious of her saying why did she drop the court case and is instead going to politicians to make a political case out of it. Personally I reckon the policitions are the ones coming to her...... and not the other way around. Shes probably in a vulnerable position and it would be easy to use her as ammo against Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Why were cases dropped? I don't think we should jump to conclusions, was notorious case in UK last year when an abuse victim committed suicide after testifying because trauma of reliving testimony was too much.

There are reasons why victims might not want to go to court that don't involve elaborate conspiracy theories involving the Sunday Independent, FF and FG (none of which I'm a fan of).

• Advertisement

porsche959 wrote: »
    Why were cases dropped? I don't think we should jump to conclusions, was notorious case in UK last year when an abuse victim committed suicide after testifying because trauma of reliving testimony was too much.

There are reasons why victims might not want to go to court that don't involve elaborate conspiracy theories involving the Sunday Independent, FF and FG (none of which I'm a fan of).

Maybe.

But why then go to every media outlet and political party in the country?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement