Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I've had the game set to the hardest difficulty setting for the last two years. It's the only way I feel like there's a challenge each time. The constant reversals get aggravating, but you can still get into a run of doing the same effective move over and over.

I stopped playing online after matches devolved into running bulldog after running bulldog. Have three lads I play on the couch with instead and we have great craic.

The greatest match I've ever ha in it was when I created aj styles in Smackdown 06 (back when you would get the info on the internet and painstakingly input them directly into each caw). I would put him up against Kurt angle, I had 3 40minute matches that ha everything a real match would have, false finishes high flying, hitting numerous finishers I won 2 and lost 1 but my gawd it was the most fun I ever had playing the games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The games have gotten increasingly similar to previous years though. The call it a Wrestling Simulation game, but it's nothing like that. The AI is useless, and has no game plan in place. And harder settings usually just mean increased reversal frequency.

I'm well interested in seeing what the 5 Star Wrestling game on the PSN comes out like, the developers of that game are putting so much effort into making a game that plays like No Mercy, and with AI that actually wrestles with purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I hate those little 12-13 year old s#its online playing with their CAWs and the only moves they have are bulldogs and spears. They suck all the fun out of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I don't think we'll ever go back to the Arcade-ish feel of No Mercy and Here Comes The Pain. The closest we got was WWE All-Stars and they went and closed the servers for it. I still have it after all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I loved all-stars! Something amazing about watching Mysterio play keepie-uppies with Andre the Giant and then give him a toe up the hole and send him flying over the top ropes.

Here comes the pain and No Mercy will always be my benchmark for wrestling games. Don't think we'll see the likes of it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Here comes the pain and No Mercy will always be my benchmark for wrestling games. Don't think we'll see the likes of it again.

Bought a ps2 recently just so I could play hctp, the career mode was great craic, looking through all my old caws as I still had a memory, was cringe ...unfortunately gave my n64 to my friend so can't play no mercy

Didn't mind the impact game was a bit of fun co op, was a big fans of legends of wrestling to, wwe took the best aspect out of those two games and applied it to their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't think we'll ever go back to the Arcade-ish feel of No Mercy and Here Comes The Pain. The closest we got was WWE All-Stars and they went and closed the servers for it. I still have it after all this time.

I'd pay money for an updated roster Wrestlefest, but with the same retro graphics. There was a crappy ios version but a proper old schooly 2D wrestling game with new wrestlers would be brilliant. It may be simple but Wrestlefest is still just behind No Mercy for me as the best wrestling game ever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I thought IGN were doing daily updates on this every day for the month of August?

We got updates on Monday and nothing else! :confused:

Loughc wrote: »
    I thought IGN were doing daily updates on this every day for the month of August?

We got updates on Monday and nothing else! :confused:

Updates intermittently throughout the month if I remember it right. Don't forget, theres more stuff coming at Summerslam next weekend so they could be holding stuff back so WWE can have the big reveal and IGN do the rosters entrances etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Barrett was out filming stuff with IGN this week aswell so I guess we're getting an update again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

The collectors edition is available for preorder now on gameuk website.

7WjE5c.jpg
    6juRZa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

krudler wrote: »
    I'd pay money for an updated roster Wrestlefest, but with the same retro graphics. There was a crappy ios version but a proper old schooly 2D wrestling game with new wrestlers would be brilliant. It may be simple but Wrestlefest is still just behind No Mercy for me as the best wrestling game ever.

I got an arcade ROM and played that game about a year or so ago. It doesn't hold up to my rose tinted glasses. Looks great and colourful, but is basically just a button smasher.

The IOS version / remake / whatever the hell it was, was indeed poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Seems like GAME have the UK exclusivity for The Hulkamania edition. Just ordered it!

8jfFiN.jpg

In fairness, that looks class. However, the graphics on the PS3 games got progressively worse over time. Some of the stuff on the Ps3 was worse than PS2 Smackdown games!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've been on a mission to play that Wrestlefest on youtube looks a tonne of fun and i remember playing it in the arcades down in kilkee years ago

I've been on a mission to play that Wrestlefest on youtube looks a tonne of fun and i remember playing it in the arcades down in kilkee years ago

easily done just download mame and the rom file for it

The Mame emulator i got is a funny one it only supports certain types of Roms and any Wrestlefest i got hasn't worked so far :(

The Mame emulator i got is a funny one it only supports certain types of Roms and any Wrestlefest i got hasn't worked so far :(

Do you have an android phone? game mame4droid, works fine on mine I have a few versions of the rom so i just tried them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The screenshots look great but I'd wait to see proper trailers before really getting excited.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The screenshots look great but I'd wait to see proper trailers before really getting excited.

Agreed. It can look as pretty as ya like but if it's the same clunky gameplay as previous years I won't be buying. You can't polish a turd.

yeah thats the one i have mame4droid what website do you download you'res from pm if its not allowed

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140811005178/en/WWE%C2%AE-2K15-Celebrate-Historic-WWE-Rivalries-2K#.U-i6i_ldXh5

7FZycY.jpg7iktDq.jpg75NjiN.jpg
    2K today announced details of 2K Showcase, the story-driven single-player campaign in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Through high quality cinematics and historic WWE footage, players will intimately explore two notable WWE rivalries: the bitter rivalry between Triple H® and Shawn Michaels® from 2002 to 2004, as well as WWE 2K15 cover Superstar John Cena® and CM Punk®’s spirited rivalry spanning 2011 to 2013.

“2K Showcase brings WWE to life in a way our fans have never seen before through a video game.”

“The moment Triple H ended his longtime friendship with ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ by slamming him with a Pedigree was a defining moment in WWE history,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “No fan can deny the fierce competition marking the notorious battles waged between Cena and Punk. These two rivalries are firmly etched in WWE history, and 2K Showcase enables fans to take part in those memorable experiences.”

2K Showcase will tell the epic history of the two rivalries through documentary-style video packages of classic WWE footage, authentic WWE Superstar commentary and cinematic cut scenes. In the 33 available matches across the rivalries, players will be tasked with completing a set of bonus historical objectives that will unlock new WWE Superstars, Championship titles and alternate attire that can be used in all other WWE 2K15 game modes. With this wealth of unlockable content, players can recreate current rivalries or stage dream matchups between WWE Superstars of the past and present. Additional 2K Showcase rivalries will be made available via downloadable content following the game’s scheduled release on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't believe CM Punk is even in the game, let alone as one of the featured stars of it. This must have been in the works since before January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Was just about to post that. Great news that Punk is in. Also the HHH HBK feud means we'll probably get 2002 era Raw and Smackdown Sets along with Summerslam 2002 and others from that era. Hopefully bonus matches from the mode could include other matches on the card, i.e. Brock vs Rock from Summerslam 2002. The Cena / Punk story should be great with the pipe bomb and the whole Money In The Bank buildup

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Additional 2K Showcase rivalries will be made available via downloadable content following the game’s scheduled release

Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Penn wrote: »
    Ugh...

I'm delighted there'll be more story modes available at a later date rather than the usual DLC characters. Obviously it'd be great if it was all on the disc but this year they've clearly been flat out revamping the entire game so I'd be forgiving in this instance

players will be tasked with completing a set of bonus historical objectives

It's this that scares me most - stink's of THQ. Remember playing through Road to Wrestlemania and similar modes, and having to do certain things at certain times? So in reality, you weren't really playing the game yourself, more working towards getting to a QTE series of button presses in order to progress with the match

Ugh....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm delighted there'll be more story modes available at a later date rather than the usual DLC characters. Obviously it'd be great if it was all on the disc but this year they've clearly been flat out revamping the entire game so I'd be forgiving in this instance

The problem I'd have is that the Story Mode is an integral part of the game, whereas DLC characters are more down to personal choice whether or not to buy them. Giving only two storylines with more added later smacks of holding them back because they know they'll probably sell better than DLC wrestlers/outfits.

Advertisement