Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That failure to get 2 yards right at the end sums up our season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kiwi playing the entire game again is a joke. Moore got seven snaps. Seven. Ayers even only had 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How many snaps has JPP had at LDE this season? I can't remember one.

Why not give him the best chance to get to the QB?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Knex and glued, you both make great points. If you look at the success of the Seahawks last year, was based on the dept of the defensive line and the ability to rotate guys in and out, keeping them fresh and also creating favorable match ups. No point having good guys on the depth chart and giving them 7 and 22 snaps each, make use of the obvious ability they have and keep things fresh. Also if JJP isn't getting to the QB, move him around. I know he isn't playing great the last few seasons with injuries and lack of form but he is still our best pass rusher by far, help the guy out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Another bloody loss.

Broken and injured O-line. Crap defence.

IncompatibleSmartCrayfish.gif

Mother. of. God.

I can't wait for next season with him and Cruz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

The cowboys were just too good. That scramble from romo to throw to bryant was insane

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Keno wrote: »
    Another bloody loss.

Broken and injured O-line. Crap defence.

IncompatibleSmartCrayfish.gif

Mother. of. God.

I can't wait for next season with him and Cruz.

That catch was orgasmic

The Cowboys have the best OL in the league. If we could get half the consistency and talent in front of Eli then we'd be doing very well.

Re: Rotation. One thing Coughlin doesn't do is rotating the players on the field. He has his guys that he trusts and nobody else really gets a look in. Sure Hankins had 89% of snaps which is ridiculous for a 320 pound lineman. I don't mind sucking if we're playing young guys with promise but Washington and Moore aren't getting on the field to make an impression. Sticking Kiwi on is absurd when we know exactly what he can give us.

It's sad to say but I'll be glad to see a fresh approach on this football team. Coughlin and Fewell have stayed on far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I really hope we see the end of Perry Fool at end of the year

Romo had seven and 8 seconds to throw the ball and yet we still play Kiwi who sucks

unreal

O got the go ahead TD and we meekly give up such an easy drive

I could throw with the lack of pressure our D got

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I really hope we see the end of Perry Fool at end of the year

Romo had seven and 8 seconds to throw the ball and yet we still play Kiwi who sucks

unreal

O got the go ahead TD and we meekly give up such an easy drive

I could throw with the lack of pressure our D got

How much of that is a TC thing, though? And also, that is the best OL in the league, hands down.

I wouldn't despair much at Fewell staying or going, tbh. He really doesn't have a whole pile to work with when you consider injuries, and even more so if the you pen the likes of Kiwi being a starter on TC stubbornness and trust issues.

Also, I really don't think we are too far away from being playoff contenders. In all honesty, I do think I'd be happy to see the coaching staff and GM stay the same next season.

That would be the last chance for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Don't disagree with any of what has been posted above. Got around to seeing the game this morning (had avoided the result)

The performance on O was pretty good. Schwartz started really well but faded late on (to be expected to be fair) Nice to see Jennings back and playing well.

Andre Williams is incredibly frustrating, sometimes he runs with good burst and vision and on other occasions he just runs into the back of his own players. He is a nice option but ideally would like a back to compliment he & Jennings in the draft.

In Fewell's defense having to play Mark Herslich & Jayron Hosley for any significant number of downs would limit what any D could do. The use of Kiwi & Kuhn over Moore/Ayers is beyond baffling however.

Finally, OBJ. You can throw out all the superlatives and the platitudes you want but the guy simply makes me smile.

He makes tough catches look easy and the impossible look routine. I was excited when we drafted him but got a bit fed up with all the injuries in pre-season & was suspecting we had drafted some type of bust but my god the boy is good. Really really, good, as in some weird Victor Cruz/AJ Green hybrid good. He had an amazing night that could have been even better, half a foot away from a TD catch in the corner of the endzone and a poor Eli decision when he blew by the coverage.

I know we are probably all getting a little bit carried away with him but he is averaging 87 yards per game at the moment which is outstanding in general but for a rookie who missed all of preseason & the 1st 4 games is phenomenal. He torched Richard Sherman 2 weeks ago, aka the best corner in football, who simply couldn't get near him.

On current pace he will break 1,000 yards in 12 games, as a rookie, as the teams number 1 wideout. He is just the most fantastic amazing player I have seen playing for the Giants in my time watching the team. Who knows if it will last, honestly who cares.

OBJ, you make me smile :)

On the subject of Herslich, he hasn't been terrible as an OLB when played there recently. Beats him at MLB anyway.

We were officially eliminated from the playoffs with the Lions win last night.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    We were officially eliminated from the playoffs with the Lions win last night.

Unfortunately we were unofficially eliminated about 4 or 5 games ago

Has anyon else noticed how poor Eric Ebron has been this season? Massive bust IMO. I was screaming out for him but thank god he was gone by the time we were on the clock. The guy can't block or catch.

For the love of god will this season ever end!!!!!

We suck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

21 up against the jags, the bloody jags and we find a way to hand them a win

Seriously, we just lost to the second worst team in the league at home, a 1-10 team. To be honest, I think we can count ourselves among the worst teams in the league at the moment, a lot has to change in the next few years

tgdaly wrote: »
    We suck

Time for major changes.. Clear them out..
    Get rid of the wasters.. I'm sick of it.
    I have loved this team through the good and the bad but jesus we are brutal.. So so bad.

• Advertisement

Time for major changes.. Clear them out..
    Get rid of the wasters.. I'm sick of it.
    I have loved this team through the good and the bad but jesus we are brutal.. So so bad.

I think we are all realistic like none of us on here were too optimistic about the season, but losing to the second worst team in the league AFTER being 21 points up is the end of it for me. Someone has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

tgdaly wrote: »
    Seriously, we just lost to the second worst team in the league at home, a 1-10 team. To be honest, I think we can count ourselves among the worst teams in the league at the moment, a lot has to change in the next few years

Coughlin and fewell need to be first out the door alongside the likes of rolle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

well that went well :'(

Sweet Jeebus we lost to the Jags.

If the draft was tomorrow we would be picking 7th. Next 2 weeks we are playing the Titans & the Skins. We may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb at this point. I would stick Eli on the bench (not performance related as 63% completion and 22-12 TD to INT ratio is good enough, even better if you took out the 5 pick performance against the 49ers) to see if Nassib can show something to garner some trade value while hoping we lose out and secure a top 3 pick.

I'd love if we drafted someone like Benardrick McKinney out of Mississippi State, but knowing Reese who thinks the linebacker position does't exist in football, I doubt that will happen. However I wouldn't be disappointed with us picking a good pass rusher, considering there is no inside linebacker that I would really consider good value at a top ten pick (which we will probably have). We tend to take the best player available on the board rather than draft for need, which can be good or bad. You can draft a stud like OBJ, when I didn't think WR was our biggest need, although boy are we glad to have him. I'd prefer us to draft to plug holes this year, as have have a lot of them, so I'd take a reach on someone like McKinney although a pass rusher like Shawn Oakman of Baylor would be good

Ayers done for the season. Torn pec

Ayers done for the season. Torn pec

Seriously, this season has been a piss take in every facet!

Can we just shoot this dying team in the face, and move on to the draft already.

Taking it apart though we played with a 4th string RT, gave away two fumble returns for TD's. At what point is it the players fault for not playing or the coaches fault for not coaching. Not all of this can be put on Coughlin. I think Coughlin should go but a lot of players should go with him.

its the second year in a row we have led the league in IR. It's just been a disaster for the Giants. Everybody has let the side down in one way or another. I have no doubt we could do better with a different coach but I also think that we could have surrounded Coughlin with better pieces. It would be really interesting the know what Coughlin really thinks about this team. I think we're right down at the lower rungs of the league in terms of talent and I'd definitely have us in the bottom five.

Firing the coach won't solve all the problems. We need to cut a few players who are either too injury prone, not good enough or for cap reasons.

We're in this position due to:
    - Poor coaching and failing to develop talent in the team
    - Poor drafting overall. Failing to pick up any talent in the later rounds is unforgivable.

Coughlin can't do anything about Larry Donnell deciding to jump 7 yards from a 1st down. That decision by Donnell, who bar his amazing talent to fumble has been decent, sums up our season. Bone headed decision, bone headed team.

As Higgins said lets play Nassib and Moore and see what these guys can do.

• Advertisement

I still want Eli to play, tbh. New offense and these receivers will most likely still be around next season. Get the reps in and be as productive as possible. I actually feel Eli has done well this year, and I'm excited by what he can do next season.

That game yesterday went to the dogs offensively as soon as Brewer came in, but there is more to it than just that.

Honestly though, I don't think we're that far away from competing again. Be that with this management team, or another, we shall see. I'm not for or against either scenario, in all honesty.

Give any coaching staff the Giants this season under the same circumstance, and the turmoil of a new offense, the key injuries, and doing it all under the scrutiny of the NY media, etc, and I feel you have similar results regardless.

I know injuries have crippled us and the lack of depth has been exposed, but I do feel Reese's work last offseason buys him another season as well.

Advertisement