Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm just biding my time for FM11 with a network game with my brother. They're always great fun

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Some more features revealed
    (revealed on Friday)

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

(revealed on Saturday)

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.

(revealed on Sunday)

Match analysis improvements – lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show match actions for all the players of the team at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately. There is also a new view for average positions of players during the match and a heat map view showing where they've spent most time on the pitch.

I like the sound of a heat map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Some more features revealed

I like the sound of a heat map.
    Liking what I'm hearing about this more and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Newgen revamp sounds good for longer games too

Ye sounds like they've made a lot of improvements. I would love to see dynamic prize money coupled with league reputation also.

Ye sounds like they've made a lot of improvements. I would love to see dynamic prize money coupled with league reputation also.

They've said there will be dynamic prize money aswell :)

That's good to hear as it makes bringing a lower league team from a lower reputation league too the top a real possibility now. The only thing I'd be worried about is if reputations improved too quickly. Really it should take decades to improve reputation. It should make long career games an awful lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That's good to hear as it makes bringing a lower league team from a lower reputation league too the top a real possibility now. The only thing I'd be worried about is if reputations improved too quickly. Really it should take decades to improve reputation. It should make long career games an awful lot better.

I think they said that you'll only notice a difference after playing through longer games so it'll probably take 10-20 seasons before a big difference can be seen.

Just gets better and better.....

Monday's New Feature

Monday's new feature is the Set Piece Creator – Much like last years tactics creator, we’ve now added a set piece creator to the game which allows you to set up your tactics at set pieces in a much more intuitive way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It sounds so good, I think I might actually go out and pay for it this time! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looking forward to this alot now. Thank fcuk I have months of nothing ahead of me. Otherwise I would be getting fired for not turning up lol

B-Team & Amateur revamp, making them more accurate than ever before. Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

New screenshots here

Release date announced
    Football Manager 2011 Release Date Announced

We are delighted to be able to confirm the UK release dates for both Football Manager 2011 and Football Manager Handheld 2011 of November 5th 2010.

We expect release dates in all other territories to be similar, and there will be a thread on the forums where any territory release dates that will be different will be able to be found once they are confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

Does anyone know when the demo is coming out?

Does anyone know when the demo is coming out?

This is from the website:
    I’m delighted to be able to announce that we’ve set a release date for Football Manager 2011.

It’ll be release on PC & Mac, and FMH2011 on PSP, on November 5th, 2010.

Some countries dates might be slightly later, and when I have confirmation of any different dates I’ll post them on this thread.

Before you ask, there's no date set for the demo as yet, but it normally comes 2 weeks before the game is released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 NBCPass

I usually get excited this time of year about Football Manager, but this year it just all looks the same and I'm not expecting much. FM 2006 was the only FM I really got into.

No game can beat CM 01/02 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

This is going to see hours of my life wasted again!!! Every year!!

Exiled2NY wrote: »
    This is going to see hours of my life wasted again!!! Every year!!

Same, and I have a final year project and other assignments to be doing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

mars bar wrote: »

There's a girls bottom to the right :eek:

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    There's a girls bottom to the right :eek:

Well obviously I didn't notice as I don't swing that way! :D

You sound like you've never seen one before! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Its looking really well, I wasnt too sure on the whole agents thing but it actually looks promising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I have to say I cannot f*cking wait for this to come out. Just wish they would hurry up with the demo, damn them!:D

A look at the new match engine

Notice a few bugs, 4 guys in red shirts (Apparently a bug with the youtube uploader) (?) and the guy continually sliding at around 12 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Which is better Football Manager or Championship Manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Opportunity.

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Which is better Football Manager or Championship Manager?

Football Manager, by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

is there demos out for football manager or championship manager?

paddy_joe wrote: »
    is there demos out for football manager or championship manager?

The demo for FM11 is out at the end of this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Downloading the Demo via Steam now!

Quick game before bed!

Joined up to steam just to download this!
    Can't wait to get a game in later! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Can any one find the "vanilla version" (UK & Scotland leagues) of the download? I'm downloading the "strawberry" one on steam but would prefer the smaller demo. Plus I like the surprise of as knowing as little as possible about players/clubs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Downloading now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

How long is it taking/ how big is the file?

allanb49 wrote: »
    How long is it taking/ how big is the file?

The file is 1,981.1MB

I've downloaded 791.5MB so far, after 11 minutes.

Dunno if thats quick or not though :confused:

Still downloading..........impressions so far?

The default skin is awful

• Advertisement

The default skin is awful

Didn't really bother me tbh!

Gutted you can't use LOI teams in the demo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

cant wait for work to end to get stuck into this, made the mistake of forgetting to start it downloading before i left this morning tho, dammit!!

Takes an age and a half to load up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Initial thoughts guys?

You can only play a season in the demo right?

edit: half a season? pfft, will wait for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

I like the player interaction on this game...you can call a meeting between players and interact with them. The addition of agents definitely is more realistic but Im not looing forward to dealing with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You can select most countries.
    Well the main ones anyway, not sure if Ireland and LOI is in there

Lauch in July 2010 and the demo ends in January 2011

I spent the afternoon as Newcastle, never got higher then 16th, we're brutal.
    And Joey Barton acting the maggot, constantly missing training, shipped him off. :mad:

• Advertisement

The skin is sore on the eyes...

I'm loving the interaction.

I told a 35 year old that I'm transfer listing him as he is surplus to requirements. He made me feel like crap about it!

I'm loving the interaction.

I told a 35 year old that I'm transfer listing him as he is surplus to requirements. He made me feel like crap about it!

It's class isn't it!

Started with Accrington Stanley for the craic, just beat Covs in a friendly 2-0.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

Can you continue the demo when you buy the game or do you have to start again?

paddy_joe wrote: »
    Can you continue the demo when you buy the game or do you have to start again?

Yes you can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement