Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

As much as I'm a fan of Lawler, Brown at 4/1 is way overpriced. I rarely gamble though so don't go by me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anybody know do the lads in Paddy Power take bets on the cage warriors? theres 1 coming up in the Helix not too far away i dont think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

akelly02 wrote: »
    Anybody know do the lads in Paddy Power take bets on the cage warriors? theres 1 coming up in the Helix not too far away i dont think.

They occasionally do but it'll usually be a day or two before that the odds are released and usually only for the biggest fights on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

3Tb32Ga.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I have an outside double of Brown/Green at 10/1 with a 5er on it, shame Green doesn't have a full camp behind him as he is a serious talent. I also have an accumulator at 5/1 of Bermudez/Siler/Cummings/Jedrejczyk with a 10er on it.

• Advertisement

Made a variety of bets but this one is the most interesting! Dont see why little nog is such an underdog. Sure rumble has looked good, and nog has been off sick. But if Nog can outpoint Rashad he can out point Rumble. And put 11g's in my pocket!

Selection Selection Details Result
    UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Andreas Stahl v Gilbert Burns
    26th of July 2014 9:00 pm
    Match Betting
    Gilbert Burns @ 8/13
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Kyle Kingsbury v Patrick Cummins
    26th of July 2014 11:00 pm
    Match Betting
    Patrick Cummins @ 4/7
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Hernani Perpetuo v Tim Means
    Match Betting
    Hernani Perpetuo @ 2/1
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Daron Cruickshank v Jorge Masvidal
    Match Betting
    Daron Cruickshank @ 15/8
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Clay Guida v Dennis Bermudez
    27th of July 2014 01:00 am
    Match Betting
    Clay Guida @ 11/8
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Bobby Green v Josh Thomson
    27th of July 2014 01:00 am
    Match Betting
    Josh Thomson @ 4/11
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Robbie Lawler v Matt Brown
    27th of July 2014 02:30 am
    Match Betting
    Robbie Lawler @ 2/7
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Anthony Johnson v Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    27th of July 2014 02:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on Points @ 13/2
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Anthony Johnson v Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    27th of July 2014 02:00 am
    Match Betting
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira @ 4/1
    Pending

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at 26th of July 2014 10:07 am Total Stake €20.00
    Bet type Accumulator (8) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
    Number of lines 2 Total stake due €20.00
    Stake per line €10.00 Freebets Redeemed €0.00
    Channel Internet Total amount paid €20.00
    Number of win lines -
    Potential Returns €11,395.84

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Any see odds for Tj and Barao rematch? heard Dominick Cruz saying something about Barao being betting favourite,I expect tj to take him apart again with that bang muay thai and plan on putting some good money on it happening.

not good at all http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/tj-dillashaw-v-renan-barao/winner
    tj best at 10/17
    not what I was expecting

longshot but couldnt resist a couple of euro on it at 25/1 (Betv)
    all a bit short for singles imo

Anthony Johnson to win in Round 1 @ 6/4

Robbie Lawler to win in Round 1 @ 9/4

Gilbert Burns to win in Round 1 @ 9/4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Edsonbarboza

mailburner wrote: »
    not good at all tj best at 10/17
    not what I was expecting

SICK :(

I thought there would be a heap of non believers against him,Barao was 1/8 in the first fight looks like his supporters have completely desserted him.

SICK :(

I thought there would be a heap of non believers against him,Barao was 1/8 in the first fight looks like his supporters have completely desserted him.

same as that
    was expecting something similiar to penn edgar 2 where so many
    believed penn would win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Brian Ortega is supposedly a fantastic unbeaten prospect and the guy he is fighting De La Torre looked like he had a tough weigh cut . The 4/7 on offer for him seems good value .

Im also sticking with Cruickshank again as I've backed him in his last 2 fights , the one against Koch he was a 19/4 underdog . 9/4 this time around.

I can't touch Matt Brown at 3/1 - he missed weight quite badly and I think Robbie will finish him in under 2.5 rounds at 7/10.

Bobby Green vs Thomson is an interesting one - Thomson has been flirting with retirement since the Henderson loss and it's rare that a fighter can reproduce his best form when such thoughts are in his head.
    On the other hand Bobby Green is taking the fight on short notice not long after his brother was shot dead . He is dedicating this fight to the memory of his brother and he looked really pumped up at the weigh ins . Whether he can use that to overcome Thomson remains to be seen but but I'm gonna take a chance on Green at 9/4 to stay undefeated in the Ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoki wrote: »
    I can't touch Matt Brown at 3/1 - he missed weight quite badly .
    He mussed weight badly?? Exaggerating a bit there.

He was 1.5 lbs over on his first attempt. He isn't being fined and is eligible for bonuses as the AC messed up and didn't give him a chance to make weight as they should have.
    Basically it's treated as if he made the weight the 2nd time. The fact he didn't need to cut weight for an hour is an advantage for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

My bets for tonight.

Mellor wrote: »
    He mussed weight badly?? Exaggerating a bit there.

He was 1.5 lbs over on his first attempt. He isn't being fined and is eligible for bonuses as the AC messed up and didn't give him a chance to make weight as they should have.
    Basically it's treated as if he made the weight the 2nd time. The fact he didn't need to cut weight for an hour is an advantage for him.

I said quite badly not badly so it's you that's exaggerating a bit there.To be 1.5lbs overweight in a main event in a number 1 contender fight is inexcusable. He got lucky that the California commission ballsed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Rumble by KO 8/11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Rumble by KO 8/11

Nice. Rumble is a beast.

Hoki wrote: »
    I said quite badly not badly so it's you that's exaggerating a bit there.To be 1.5lbs overweight in a main event in a number 1 contender fight is inexcusable. He got lucky that the California commission ballsed up.

Lol, so leaving out the quite made a huge difference. Lmfao
    If he have made the weight after an hour nobody would care.

Lol, so leaving out the quite made a huge difference. Lmfao
    If he have made the weight after an hour nobody would care.

Yes it made a difference to the point you made, 1.5 lbs overweight in a main event is missing weight quite badly. You accused me of exaggerating by exaggerating my choice of words. If he made weight in that extra hour nobody like yourself who has nothing to offer gambling wise on my comments would care but to people betting on the event they might . That extra hour he would have had to dig deep to cut that extra 1.5 lbs.

Not too good on the bets last night! Hometown fighters not performing. Probably the worst Guida I've seen fight. Thompson very poor too.

terrible night

knew if josh obliged id be laughing with rumble and robbie to come
    josh was poor but green was better than I gave him credit for

underestimated bermudez in a big way, guida wasnt great though

• Advertisement

Ian Whelan wrote: »

This has changed considerably.

Best Fight Odds now have Poirer as a +179 underdog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Obviously I wouldn't back against McGregor, but I think 6/4 about Poirier is a crazy price. I see this fight as very much a 50/50 fight, maybe even 55/45 in Poirier's favour, purely based on experience. McGregor will definitely shorten, closer to the fight aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

dulux99 wrote: »
    Obviously I wouldn't back against McGregor, but I think 6/4 about Poirier is a crazy price. I see this fight as very much a 50/50 fight, maybe even 55/45 in Poirier's favour, purely based on experience. McGregor will definitely shorten, closer to the fight aswell.

Why obviously?

califano wrote: »
    Why obviously?

Because I don't like backing against a fighter, or a team I support.

Because I don't like backing against a fighter, or a team I support.

The classic 'never bet against your team' idea was invented by the bookies so that you wouldn't place bets in a situation where you were more educated than the casual gambler.

A liverpool supporter betting against liverpool isn't going to affect their chances of winning / losing in the slightest. But a strong liverpool supporter might have the knowledge in place (e.g. winning streaks, current form, injuries etc.) all to hand just because they are a fan so will be able to make a more educated guess as to when they are likely to lose.

Of course if you bet on your team to lose, then you're in the awkward position of watching and not being sure whether you want them to win because you're a fan or lose because you can gain financially. But if you're placing a bet, you should only focus on the money side of things and forget the loyalty as it's not like betting €20 on Dustin Poirier will lower Conor's chances of winning

Locomotion wrote: »
    The classic 'never bet against your team' idea was invented by the bookies so that you wouldn't place bets in a situation where you were more educated than the casual gambler.

A liverpool supporter betting against liverpool isn't going to affect their chances of winning / losing in the slightest. But a strong liverpool supporter might have the knowledge in place (e.g. winning streaks, current form, injuries etc.) all to hand just because they are a fan so will be able to make a more educated guess as to when they are likely to lose.

Of course if you bet on your team to lose, then you're in the awkward position of watching and not being sure whether you want them to win because you're a fan or lose because you can gain financially. But if you're placing a bet, you should only focus on the money side of things and forget the loyalty as it's not like betting €20 on Dustin Poirier will lower Conor's chances of winning

I find it strange that you're this passionate about my own personal preference. I think backing against someone you're supporting, is inherently against the whole idea of supporting them. I don't have to have a bet on every fight on the card, so I just won't have a bet on that fight.

I find it strange that you're this passionate about my own personal preference. I think backing against someone you're supporting, is inherently against the whole idea of supporting them. I don't have to have a bet on every fight on the card, so I just won't have a bet on that fight.

If its the case where I really want the fighter to win, but odds are he won't win, I just bet both ways, for the best of both worlds!

I think backing against someone you're supporting, is inherently against the whole idea of supporting them.
    I'd disagree with that tbh. There's no reason why they have to be inherently linked.
    I support the fighter that I want to win.
    But I'll bet on the fighter I think is profitable.

The two aren't linked in any way tbh.
    I completely separate betting from my own support of fighters. It's happened where I've bet against who I actually wanted to win.
    But everyone I'd free to have there own views. Some people will bever bet against they guy. Others will always bet on their guy, regardless of the odds.

I'd disagree with that tbh. There's no reason why they have to be inherently linked.
    I support the fighter that I want to win.
    But I'll bet on the fighter I think is profitable.

The two aren't linked in any way tbh.
    I completely separate betting from my own support of fighters. It's happened where I've bet against who I actually wanted to win.
    But everyone I'd free to have there own views. Some people will bever bet against they guy. Others will always bet on their guy, regardless of the odds.
    Yeah, you completely separate it. I personally probably don't. I like to support who im supporting, backing against McGregor would be weird for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Betting on who you support is betting with your heart, its fine if you are just throwing a bet on to make things interesting and its just a bit of fun.

For someone who bets a lot though betting with your heart is foolish, betting with your brain is the only way and in that case you would bet against a fighter you like if you thought it was going to win you money. Two different types of gambler I think more so than two different types of supporter.

Advertisement