Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Has everyone installed the over the air update I don't know weather I should or noticeable when I installed it on my first s3 I noticed it started to lag after the update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

This post has been deleted.

Not at all for me, lol even had 3 iOS heads trying to come up with some reason why its not as slick, each gave up.

still not changed from the default launcher as I'm finding this one ok.

Craigels wrote: »
    Has everyone installed the over the air update I don't know weather I should or noticeable when I installed it on my first s3 I noticed it started to lag after the update

Still no update for me, I'm reading some people got two or more at this stage.

I would think that if your getting updates after the first one slowed things down for you, its to fix what they broke in the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just received the update on eMobile - firmware now showing as I9300XXALF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Is there any fre way of network unlocking these? Got one from O2 insurance a few weeks back and now I'm switching to 3 but the phone is locked to O2 and they tell me it can be up to 24 days before they can get it.

You may want to take a look at the 3 forum before you port: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have an unlocked vodafone one with version ALF1. There's no update available yet for this one.

Just updated to that myself on meteor

According to androidauthority the after updating the the alf2 there should be another update I9300bualf1.dm which is the latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

I had the s2 and never had any similar problems with it. Would a factory reset of the phone help??

I uninstallled and installed kies a few times and its not helped

Eamon, have you resloved this?

I'm having a similar issue with my phone. In addition to this I can't back up the phone at all, I keep getting "unexpected error" messages.
    Robert

''Galaxy S III variants got last-minute RAM upgrade 'to be future-proof' for Jelly Bean''

Wait, so the US version of the GS3 get 2GB so to Be able to update?.. Hmm not happy.

www.theverge.com/2012/6/27/3121569/galaxy-s-iii-variants-ram-upgrade-jelly-bean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

god's toy wrote: »
    ''Galaxy S III variants got last-minute RAM upgrade 'to be future-proof' for Jelly Bean''

Wait, so the US version of the GS3 get 2GB so to Be able to update?.. Hmm not happy.

www.theverge.com/2012/6/27/3121569/galaxy-s-iii-variants-ram-upgrade-jelly-bean

I wouldn't mind that, it sounds like BS.

The fact is that Samsung would have had info on Jelly Bean months ago and even if they didn't. Jelly bean doesn't need 2GB of ram.

The GNexus/Xoom and Nexus S don't have 2GB and all come with just 1GB bar the Nexus S with just 512MB)

So it really does sound like BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Have you installed Juice Defender from the play store? It has worked brilliantly on mine.

It turns off the data connectivity when the screen is off, so the phone is not constantly looking for a 3G or wifi signal. It has almost doubled my battery life.

I do still find it drains quite quickly when it is connected and I'm browsing, but if you're on wifi it properly shuts off 3G signal so the phone is browsing on wifi with 3G connectivity turned off. I tried turning 3G data off myself while on wifi, butit always seemed to switch itself back on again.

Seriously, try out Juice Defender. I was on the verge of bringing my phone back because of the battery drain, but I've changed my mind now.

That sounds fairly poor alright.

What has your usage been like, how many hours on battery and how many hours with screen on? Are you with 3, like me?

I bet its the screen. that's an awful lot of screen time and remember its a 4.8" (?) screen which will eat power.

elderlemon wrote: »
    I bet its the screen. that's an awful lot of screen time and remember its a 4.8" (?) screen which will eat power.

+1 for the screen time.

Here's my stats for today (phone off charge since about 4am):

6 hours 19 mins on battery
    16 mins screen on
    92% battery left

Yee make a good point lads.

I'd be interested to know how long the battery would last if you left the screen on all the time?
    (even a rough idea - I know it would depend on usage!)

Using the above examples from CM and waynegalway -

CM would get 230mins of screen on time.
    However waynegalway surprisingly would get less - 200mins.
    From my own stats I'd get approx 190mins.
    (again all rough calcs)

So I'm guessing 3-4 hours.

• Advertisement

I'd say about 4 hours.
    Yee make a good point lads.

I'd be interested to know how long the battery would last if you left the screen on all the time?
    (even a rough idea)

I'm going to run a test myself tonight. What did you use to keep the screen active?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone on Three network having problems with getting into My3 to check usage?
    When I got to Planet Three the click into My3 it goes to a .co.uk site and I get an error message.

Also anyone know what H or H+ stand for by the signal bar?

Anyone on Three network having problems with getting into My3 to check usage?
    When I got to Planet Three the click into My3 it goes to a .co.uk site and I get an error message.

Also anyone know what H or H+ stand for by the signal bar?
    Yep same here, the site is working fine but the "my three" part looks to be shooting to the wrong server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep same here, the site is working fine but the "my three" part looks to be shooting to the wrong server.

Just saw about half an hour ago, they're doing maintenance or updating. I think that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Just to make people aware, I woke up to find that €599.99 had fraudulently disappeared from my bank a/c (seems my laser card must have been skimmed/number stolen). The payment was to Meteor who are selling the Galaxy S3 for €599.99 online pay as you go.

There's a few mysteriously unwanted S3s, in unopened boxes, for sale around the place. I imagine that if anyone goes to the effort the IMEI number of the phone could be tracked and cancelled/blocked -presumably there would be no comeback if you purchased goods that were technically stolen/fraudulently obtained. So be wary about things that sound too good. Alright for me I will get refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Zagato wrote: »
    Just to make people aware, I woke up to find that €599.99 had fraudulently disappeared from my bank a/c (seems my laser card must have been skimmed/number stolen). The payment was to Meteor who are selling the Galaxy S3 for €599.99 online pay as you go.

There's a few mysteriously unwanted S3s, in unopened boxes, for sale around the place. I imagine that if anyone goes to the effort the IMEI number of the phone could be tracked and cancelled/blocked -presumably there would be no comeback if you purchased goods that were technically stolen/fraudulently obtained. So be wary about things that sound too good. Alright for me I will get refunded.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully nobody will get stung with that phone. That's the trouble with buying expensive phones second hand a lot of people will buy them and then find out 6 months later that the original owner has done an insurance claim and thier expensive smart phones are nothing more than very expensive mp3 players. I know of at least 8 people this has happened too but I hear the networks are monitoring what phones are connected before you made the claim. For example a friend of mine took out insurance with a certain network and had a different network sim in the phone when it was lost and the network were able to tell him that thier sim wasn't in ye phone for a while before it was lost.

• Advertisement

Advertisement