Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

Hi,
    I would really appreciate the engineer / installer guide for a LightSYS 2 system if anyone could PM me.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Would anyone have the manual for a MET-LOK keypad please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

AlanG wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would really appreciate the engineer / installer guide for a LightSYS 2 system if anyone could PM me.
    Thanks.

I PMed you those manuals.
    If you need any help with it give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HighFlyR

Hi
    I am having problems with my scopetronic homeguard. T6 is being displayed. The alarm box I am using is a hkc with a resistor in the box and none in the panel but I am still getting the error. Think I have tried everything so thought I would ask you guys.
    Failing getting this problem solved I was thinking of getting a new hkc panel.
    Would anyone have a engineers/ programming manual so I could have a idea of what I would be getting myself in for. Or does anyone know of a panel similar to the homeguard to instal.
    Oh just one last thing. Is the resistor in the new alarm box of higher or lower ohms to the 470ohm that was required in the system and would this be causing the problem?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

HighFlyR wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having problems with my scopetronic homeguard. T6 is being displayed. The alarm box I am using is a hkc with a resistor in the box and none in the panel but I am still getting the error. Think I have tried everything so thought I would ask you guys.
    Would anyone have a engineers/ programming manual so I could have a idea of what I would be getting myself in for. Or does anyone know of a panel similar to the homeguard to instal.
    Oh just one last thing. Is the resistor in the new alarm box of higher or lower ohms to the 470ohm that was required in the system and would this be causing the problem?
    Thanks.

I would say its T6. That is the tamper on the bell box.
    Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tamper bell on the home guard is tb. I would say that's what you are seeing. If you look at the manual sent to you it shows all the error messages together.

HighFlyR wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks.
    altor wrote: »
    I would say its T6. That is the tamper on the bell box.
    Sent you the manual by P.M.

My apologies HighFlyR, I wrote T6 instead of TB.
    I hope my explanation regarding the fault helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davagon

Looking for engineers manual for my astec 63d , can't find it anywhere,any help where to get one greatly appreciated.

I PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davagon

Talk about service with smile, thanks a mill koolkid, some bed time reading.

• Advertisement

Enjoy.
    I hope it gives you the help you need, any problems give us a shout here anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

Hi Koolkid,

Would you have the installation manual for the HKC securewatch?

I have seen in previous posts that there are models i.e 6/10 8/12. that kind of thing. I don't know how to find out what model it is. Is there one manual for all?

Many thanks

I sent you that manual.
    I hope it helps.
    If you look at the main PCB board and see how many zones are on board.
    6 =6/10
    8=8/12

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

That's fantastic.
    Thank you very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

markad1 wrote: »
    Would anyone have the manual for a MET-LOK keypad please

Hi Lads,
    still looking for this if any of you have it handy,
    Cheers,
    Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonnymc16

I recently changed the battery on my Astec 63DV and now i cant get it out of engineering mode ....any help would be much appreciated

Press clear 99.
    I will send you the manual via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonnymc16

Thanks Koolkid got it back working now the manual was a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Hi,

I asked previously about a GE Simon XT, but now after research am thinking of getting a HKC 1070. Would like to read the installation manual for this before I get it and would be very grateful for it....

I have PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 donalmcc

Morning all.
    I'm looking for the Installation Manual for the HKC SW-1070.
    Any help appreciated! Cheers!

I have PMed you that manual.
    Any bother give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Greeb

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my widowed mother in law's alarm. She was concerned recently that someone was in the house while se was away. It was just family that didn't say until after.

It is a HKC SW-1070 V1.04
    But it raised 2 problems. 1. The log only had two entries (useless really). And 2. The date and time is wrong.
    So I got "an" installation manual for SW-1070 but it hasn't helped. Default engineers code does not appear to work, changed or I'm entering it wrongly. The manual doesn't really explain how to get to the settings.

This is a great sticky and I see KoolKid and altor have been extremely helpful. Great work guys.
    Can you help me? As I understand it I need to get into the Manager Menu to change date and time, but how? And is it even possible to extend the log entries?
    And is there another manual to better explain entry and navigation of the menu?

Many thanks for reading,
    Greeb

Greeb wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my widowed mother in law's alarm. She was concerned recently that someone was in the house while se was away. It was just family that didn't say until after.

It is a HKC SW-1070 V1.04
    But it raised 2 problems. 1. The log only had two entries (useless really). And 2. The date and time is wrong.
    So I got "an" installation manual for SW-1070 but it hasn't helped. Default engineers code does not appear to work, changed or I'm entering it wrongly. The manual doesn't really explain how to get to the settings.

This is a great sticky and I see KoolKid and altor have been extremely helpful. Great work guys.
    Can you help me? As I understand it I need to get into the Manager Menu to change date and time, but how? And is it even possible to extend the log entries?
    And is there another manual to better explain entry and navigation of the menu?

Many thanks for reading,
    Greeb

If you down power the alarm, mains and battery, when you power it back up you will be prompted to set up the date and time.
    If you dont have engineer access and the manager menu was not set up for you then there is no way of extending the user log. This will only show the last arm/disarm of the system.
    Your best bet may be to try a factory default. If its not engineer locked then you can set it back up with all the access required.

The engineer manual would cover everything really. Either a managers code (there may not be even one set up) or the engineers code would give you all the information you need. PM me who installed the system and I will see can I source the code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Greeb

Thanks very much altor and KoolKid,

It may be the weekend before I can get back to the system.
    Complete power down to to reset date and time - got it. But will all other setting be OK? It is setup to text certain people, user code, zones, etc.?
    Factory reset - I'll go through the installation manual again to see how if it's there. But then I'm worried about not being able to set it back to how it was. And she is very nervious about change and faults.
    Who installed the system - I need to check further. Father-in-law had it installed by "someone he knew". Mother-in law does not know who and it was, strangely and annoyingly, not written on the control panel. Need to check the circuit box better for clues but access is now obstructed by a hot water tank installed after. Augh!

I'll study and research some more. Any other advice much welcomed.
    Thanks again,
    Greeb

Greeb wrote: »
    Thanks very much altor and KoolKid,

It may be the weekend before I can get back to the system.
    Complete power down to to reset date and time - got it. But will all other setting be OK? It is setup to text certain people, user code, zones, etc.?
    Factory reset - I'll go through the installation manual again to see how if it's there. But then I'm worried about not being able to set it back to how it was. And she is very nervious about change and faults.
    Who installed the system - I need to check further. Father-in-law had it installed by "someone he knew". Mother-in law does not know who and it was, strangely and annoyingly, not written on the control panel. Need to check the circuit box better for clues but access is now obstructed by a hot water tank installed after. Augh!

I'll study and research some more. Any other advice much welcomed.
    Thanks again,
    Greeb

The factory reset will default the whole system and it will need to be programmed. It will of course only default if not engineer locked.

Remove mains and battery, remove Factory link, power back up and follow prompts on keypad to default.

If you do down power the system to reset the time only the system will not reset all the settings once you do not remove the factory link.

If you did default you could also set the system up for voice rather than text if using a DTV, in June Eircom are removing this service off home phone lines.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flynn_br

Does anyone have an installation manual for the hkc 1070 alarm with a wiring diagram for shock sensors with read ( with id) please and thanks in advance

flynn_br wrote: »
    Does anyone have an installation manual for the hkc 1070 alarm with a wiring diagram for shock sensors with read ( with id) please and thanks in advance

I have PMed you the manual, page 40 has wiring for point ID sensors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

Hi Koolkid,

Any chance you could pm me the manual for the Astec 63DV?

Im having trouble with my alarm, randomly going off, I think its a battery fault,

Kindest
    Nemo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement