Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg G2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Consey wrote: »
    Hi, March. ested in this phone, does the KitKat update not have to be rolled out through a phone operator - how will we get it in Ireland if we just have jelly Bean on current model ?

Would I be better waiting to buy one from Amazon that has Kit kat already installed ?

Sorry if the question seems stupid !

KitKat is due to be released in march but that wouldn't put me off buying this phone. KitKat offers very little over 4.2.2.

I had KitKat on my nexus and the only change I noticed was worse battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

KitKat is due to be released in march but that wouldn't put me off buying this phone. KitKat offers very little over 4.2.2.

I had KitKat on my nexus and the only change I noticed was worse battery life.

Thanks for the response re timing of purchase. Just trying to understand though, and if I was to buy on Amazon or Expansys, and how do the updates work? How would it pick up any updates/fixes if LG aren't extending them through the provider?

Do you get where I'm coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

I would have assumed it rolls out directly from LG also if sim free? Similar to how a tablet updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Consey wrote: »
    Thanks for the response re timing of purchase. Just trying to understand though, and if I was to buy on Amazon or Expansys, and how do the updates work? How would it pick up any updates/fixes if LG aren't extending them through the provider?

Do you get where I'm coming from?

I got a lg g2 delivered from HK
    and within 10 mins after switching it on, it updated itself from the LG server.
    About 26 mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Hey,

I'm upgrading from my HTC One Mini and at the moment it is either the LG G2 or SGS4. Has anybody had the opportunity to use both of the phones. At the moment I'm leaning towards the LG G2 but I know the SGS4 is amazing. Just wouldn't mind having something different.

The camera would be pretty important for me too so if there was a clear winner there it'd be good to know. From online reviews it seems the G2 is better indoors but most of them seem to ignore other shooting modes.

• Advertisement

I've had both phones.
    Maybe I'm biased as I've grown tired of Samsung over the years but for me the LG is the better phone, heck it's probably going to be better than the S5 imo.

Great screen and camera with a much better battery imo.

Won't go wrong with either phone but if you can get the G2 for cheaper or around the same price then I'd definitely go with it.

That's great, kind of what I was hoping to hear. I had the S4 before an I loved it but would love something different. It got robbed though so bought a HTC One Mini as a replacement but it's just not in the same league.

Can you buy the G2 'International' phone from Amazon. Will this work in Ireland?

Kevcol wrote: »
    That's great, kind of what I was hoping to hear. I had the S4 before an I loved it but would love something different. It got robbed though so bought a HTC One Mini as a replacement but it's just not in the same league.

Can you buy the G2 'International' phone from Amazon. Will this work in Ireland?

Yep, that's where most people get them, I got mine from the French Amazon as it was 50 euro cheaper.

I just see that it's 300 on Amazon but just remember the G3 is due out in July.

Ya I saw that too but I think I'll go for the 32GB one anyway. Maybe I should wait a month or two to see if price will go down. Selling my HTC One Mini at the mo though so the price of that might go down in the meantime. Would you think it'd come down much after the launch?

• Advertisement

Ya I saw that too but I think I'll go for the 32GB one anyway. Maybe I should wait a month or two to see if price will go down. Selling my HTC One Mini at the mo though so the price of that might go down in the meantime. Would you think it'd come down much after the launch?

It will surely go down in price once the G3 is released but that might not be for 4 months.

Went ahead and ordered it. Too impatient to wait that long. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Anyone order from http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ (site was mentioned earlier in thread)?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Could you tell me whether you buy your 32gb versions directly from amazon or from a seller (& if a seller which one). I can't find the 32gb directly from amazon so I'm looking for a reliable seller :)
    Many Thanks

viking wrote: »
    Anyone order from http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ (site was mentioned earlier in thread)?

I got my g2 from this site, fast delivery about a week.
    Great phone and free postage.
    I got the 32 gb because the internal memory takes up about 6 gb.

Is it a European version of the phone or a different version? Does this matter when using the phone?

Is it a European version of the phone or a different version? Does this matter when using the phone?

European Version

D802

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭guza81

I got my g2 from this site, fast delivery about a week.
    Great phone and free postage.
    I got the 32 gb because the internal memory takes up about 6 gb.

Could you tell us a bit more:

Did you have to pay any vat or customs fees etc.?
    What charger plug did it come with?
    Is it any/LG warranty on it?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

guza81 wrote: »
    Could you tell us a bit more:

Did you have to pay any vat or customs fees etc.?
    What charger plug did it come with?
    Is it any/LG warranty on it?

Thanks in advance.

If you read this it will tell you what you need to know:

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/shipping-and-insurance-eu.html

Normal charger

One year warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭guza81

Thanks for the reply

I've read that alright.
    I've also seen mixed feedbacks online, some people saying it was alright some people said that they still had to pay customs, that's why I'm asking.

What do you mean normal charger? UK plug or European?

Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It's D80210e-ESA-XX

I think "ESA" might mean East South Asia. The leaflets and stickers that came with the phone were in Thai. So I think it might have been imported from there. The package I received came from London, though.

Jonnybegood is your software EUR as mentioned in this post above or ESA?
    Thank you :)

guza81 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply

I've read that alright.
    I've also seen mixed feedbacks online, some people saying it was alright some people said that they still had to pay customs, that's why I'm asking.

What do you mean normal charger? UK plug or European?

Thanks for sharing.

Just going with my experience with them and two other friends.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Jonnybegood is your software EUR as mentioned in this post above or ESA?
    Thank you :)

D80210d-HKG-XX

All instructions in English

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

You'd pick up a new UK spec one on Adverts. ie for not much more than 350, with the quick window case

Got my 32GB 802 from eglobalcentral today, fast delivery and no VAT or customs. Charger is 2 pin but came with adapter. No OS update as yet, running 4.2.2, software version is D80210c-TWN-XX

• Advertisement

Wifey got the 4.4 update on her AT&T D800 a couple of days ago. Visually there's not much difference tbh... though I'm sure the claims made by LG regarding speed/battery in the video are valid

Advertisement