Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It doesn't have the same pull as 3 or New Vegas.
    I loved playing both of them and getting lost in the worlds, I haven't played 4 in weeks.

I'm sure I'll go back at some point, when I get bored of the games I'm currently enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wish I could pick your brain, man. Personally I could never trade in any of my games anymore >< As a gamer, one of the hardest thing I had to do was trade in my PS2 and all 100+ of my games.... just so I could get my brother an Xbox 360 after him missing out on one for Xmas. I don't regret it, but I'll never forget making the decision. It was so hard, I spent my early teens building up that collection and I just sold all of them. I've traded in games here and there throughout having my 360/PS3. But now I just can't do it anymore.

Thankfully I got another PS2 two years ago, and I'm building up quite a collection for myself again (68 and still going)

On topic - if it's any consolation, at least you have the DLC to look forward to.. If anything. :)

I was the same. I had all these...

NWYxNjJiNmQ5N2MxODRlNjhhMjQ3ZmU2ODE2ZGQ1ZjKybCppM4jAJ4_TatLkIC75aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vODI5MjE5NjJjYzdhYzk4NTU5ZjA3NDE2NDQ1YTM0NDU3M2IzZjc5YWFhMDc5ZGRhMjMyMDVlZWQ0NjZkYmNjYy5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

and never wanted to get rid of them. But all they were doing was gathering dust on shelves, so I threw them all up on Adverts and bought a PS4 with the funds.

Nowadays my trade ins are done on a game-by-game basis and if I had a physical copy of Fallout 4 it would be going straight to CEX/Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Seems patch went live today. Lot of fixes/other stuff gonna check out later :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/903338082014856048

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Seems patch went live today. Lot of fixes/other stuff gonna check out later :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/903338082014856048

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thargor wrote: »
    What is that one please? Google has nothing...

There's no official quest for it.

Just find university point and go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I feel I would have been a lot more satisfied with this game if I got it as a GOTY type edition in ~9 months from release.

All patched, DLC included, new content, cheaper etc.

Trying to finish it off now by creating a giant death robot to do something to something something other factions something Paladin Danse

Oh, and finished "Emergent Behaviour", which while a short quest, was quiet cute :o

"I keep thinking I must remember to breath!" :)

Thargor wrote: »
    What is it?

I dont know what more to say to you without spoiling it?

Its not a big place, a derelict old town, find a few tapes, terminals etc and piece it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Quick question folks I've just been made a knight in BOS and was told I was going to be given power armour but never was. I can't seem to find your one in the suit to ask about it. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

jones wrote: »
    Quick question folks I've just been made a knight in BOS and was told I was going to be given power armour but never was. I can't seem to find your one in the suit to ask about it. Anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes she isn't on the airship - She might be down stock rooms at the airport. At least that's where I found her (I had to use the teleport console command to find her)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

So I
    sided with the Institute and completed the main story. Still on good terms with the Minutemen too.
    Was back at Santuary, and lo and behold a bunch of Synths were attacking. So I want sweet sweet revenge on the Institute.
    Does anyone know whether I can trigger the Defend the Castle against the Syndicate mission after siding with the Inistitute? I tried heading over the Institute HQ and shooting a bunch of them, but the Defend the Castle mission didn't seem to trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So I
    sided with the Institute and completed the main story. Still on good terms with the Minutemen too.
    Was back at Santuary, and lo and behold a bunch of Synths were attacking. So I want sweet sweet revenge on the Institute.
    Does anyone know whether I can trigger the Defend the Castle against the Syndicate mission after siding with the Inistitute? I tried heading over the Institute HQ and shooting a bunch of them, but the Defend the Castle mission didn't seem to trigger.
    Defend the Castle is the 1st mission in "Siding with the minutemen for the Ending"
    I sided with the BoS and had my giant death robot built, yet still had "Defend the Castle" active until I finished the game (at which point it completed itself I think). But if I went to defend the castle at any stage it essentially abandoned the BoS End Game quests and seemed to push me down the road of pursuing the Minutmen ending even though Synths were attacking, twas a weird one. They really messed up the split endings

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

faceman wrote: »
    Radaway cures radiation. Also if you roast mutant hound meat at a cooking station it turns into mutant chops which also cures radiation

Thanks for the prompt reply but I couldn't even find Radaway! Sorry to sound like a noob but I'm having too much difficulty to cure the radiation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

fad460 wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt reply but I couldn't even find Radaway! Sorry to sound like a noob but I'm having too much difficulty to cure the radiation

Follow the main quest until you reach Diamond City. You'll get map markers leading you to it and once you get there you can use a doctor to cure your rads for a handful of caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got the BoS to help me gain access to the Institute and now seem unable to continue on with the Minutemen main quest, is this locked to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got the BoS to help me gain access to the Institute and now seem unable to continue on with the Minutemen main quest, is this locked to me?

Nothing should be locked until the game warns you about choices. Even them the minutemen are pretty seperate to the other three.

I just failed liberty reprimed because I defended the castle from the institute assault.

Can't understand the logic. Game didn't warn me either.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Defend the Castle is the 1st mission in "Siding with the minutemen for the Ending"
    I sided with the BoS and had my giant death robot built, yet still had "Defend the Castle" active until I finished the game (at which point it completed itself I think). But if I went to defend the castle at any stage it essentially abandoned the BoS End Game quests and seemed to push me down the road of pursuing the Minutmen ending even though Synths were attacking, twas a weird one. They really messed up the split endings

Yes, I ended up reverting back to a different save. Didn't like how that one was handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

JustShon wrote: »
    Follow the main quest until you reach Diamond City. You'll get map markers leading you to it and once you get there you can use a doctor to cure your rads for a handful of caps.

The problem is that I am stuck at this place where these monsters appear in huge amount and my HP is too low to fight them! I believe Diamond City would be unlocked after this part but I am struggling to cure the radiation. Once the radiation is cured, I suppose I would be able to fight those monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

fad460 wrote: »
    The problem is that I am stuck at this place where these monsters appear in huge amount and my HP is too low to fight them! I believe Diamond City would be unlocked after this part but I am struggling to cure the radiation. Once the radiation is cured, I suppose I would be able to fight those monsters.

Have you tried sneaking past them? Take a long route around, the map is huge and leaves you with plenty of room to avoid a fight if you know it's coming. Then maybe you can make your way to Diamond City, cure the rads and come back to fill said monsters full of bullets / laser beams / bomb shrapnel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

You can find radaway in a few places before you reach diamond city. There's a couple of them in the crates just outside vault 111, also a few inside the museum in concord from what I remember . You can also try one of the wandering traders that move around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fad460 you seem to be making this way harder on yourself than it should be, go back and play Fallout 3 and New Vegas first, 2 of the best games ever made.

Apparently the new patch V1.3 has further optimized the PS4 / X1 copies of the game. Improved draw distances etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

I played a little bit last night after the new patch and it did seem to have a slightly better draw distance. dont know if that was a placebo though. I'm level 24 so relatively new to the Fallout 4 world.

Toss up between this and witcher 3 as my favourite game of the last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Love this game, just going through some screenshots and came across this gem.

]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PlainP wrote: »

]

tumblr_ltrx1kYNGL1r5u6kwo1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I was trying to get the closest shade possible to my actual skin tone.........

Not really......

But I like experimenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

PlainP wrote: »

]

How on Earth did you make your game look so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

So I was moving furniture about and Mama Murphy's chair is now stuck in the roof. I can't move it or even destroy it. I feel guilty now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I was moving furniture about and Mama Murphy's chair is now stuck in the roof. I can't move it or even destroy it. I feel guilty now

Make her a new chair to make amends. That is if you want to.

Advertisement