Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

faceman wrote: »
    Radaway cures radiation. Also if you roast mutant hound meat at a cooking station it turns into mutant chops which also cures radiation

If you can craft a refreshing beverage also, it cures everything.
    I use them all the time after getting addicted to everything under the sun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

allibastor wrote: »

There is also a perk to stop you getting addicted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Really annoying when you pick up armor or guns you can't compare stats there and then with what you have.
    Or when you pick up a Legendary off a body or container to look at it and that screen comes up showing the 3D model of it and the only option is Take It, no way to put it down again.

matrim wrote: »
    There is also a perk to stop you getting addicted

Yeah, but where is the fun in that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, but where is the fun in that!!!!

You can be as high as a kite/drunk as a shunk 24/7 and not get addicted that is the fun :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ooh didn't know this. What's the beverage ingredients?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can be as high as a kite/drunk as a shunk 24/7 and not get addicted that is the fun :P

Ah but I want to wander the wasteland as a god like killing machine, whos drug and drink dependency keeps me on raiding bad guy camps, while trying to keep my good guy persona going and being the guardian of the downtrodden.

At this stage it is this fantasy that is keeping me playing. If Preston asks me to help another settlement I will just nuke the place instead.

faceman wrote: »
    Ooh didn't know this. What's the beverage ingredients?

Only a stimpak, 2 radaway, a blood pack, 2 purified water, and 3 antiseptics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Only a stimpak, 2 radaway, a blood pack, 2 purified water, and 3 antiseptics

Sounds like the Fallout equivalent of 2 Solpadeine and a Berocca in a pint of water

Any word on DLC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Rumours about underwater DLC but nothing solid only speculation.

The first expansion was to come out "Early 2016" I reckon it'll be coupled with the Creation Kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

My bet is also on underwater and the ghoul whale.

My bet is also on underwater and the ghoul whale.

Yeah, a few more irradiated animals would be good, sick of Ragstag and Yogi's

You would imagine that a few more than 4-5 species would have pulled through, considering the amount of Ferral Ghouls floating around. Well, that used to until I got there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

At this stage it is this fantasy that is keeping me playing. If Preston asks me to help another settlement I will just nuke the place instead.

If Preston asks me to clear raiders out of the Corvega plant one more time, I'm gonna take a flamethrower to the whole of Sanctuary and dance in the ashes of his body.

Goddamm, his missions are repetitive.

If Preston asks me to clear raiders out of the Corvega plant one more time, I'm gonna take a flamethrower to the whole of Sanctuary and dance in the ashes of his body.

Goddamm, his missions are repetitive.

I know. Revere Beach station is my bloody one!!!

I must have killed them all at least 12 times at this stage. I mean, how many raiders are able to get this power armor set??????

I just end up running down into the station, killing the one raider i need and then leaving a fat man take the rest on.

Nobodies holding a gun to your head making you do radiant missions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I gave up on his save the settlement mission after I was repeatedly defeated at a settlement by a fake of super mutants with mini guns and launchers. Fook that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Thargor wrote: »
    Nobodies holding a gun to your head making you do radiant missions?

Well, after about every 4 or 5 of these repetitive missions, I get a mission to clear a new settlement, so there's that.

And I wouldn't mind these missions if it was at least a different location I had to clear out each time.

You would think on a map of its size, with so many varied locations, they could mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not to be a negative nancy but I think I've reached the stage where I kind of just want to be "done with the game" now. Enjoyment dropped off sharply after getting to the Institute imho.

Act 1 was Much better. Wish the game was Act 1 but twice as long

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not to be a negative nancy but I think I've reached the stage where I kind of just want to be "done with the game" now. Enjoyment dropped off sharply after getting to the Institute imho.

Act 1 was Much better. Wish the game was Act 1 but twice as long
    Exact same thing happened to me, the missions are absolutely abysmal, same for all the dialog in there, so tedious running up and down those ramps on your fetch quests aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

It's in dire need of DLC at this point

I'd like to see some new creatures in the DLC as well as the usual weapons/quests. Even more Mirelurk Queens or Behemoths (do either of these respawn??) because I think I've killed them all

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's in dire need of DLC at this point

I'd like to see some new creatures in the DLC as well as the usual weapons/quests.

Judging by how Bethesda works their DLC, there will be new areas,weapons, armour, quests, NPCs and creatures.

They usually have decent enough content in each pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

a mate of mine is moaning about how this game needs DLC but hes barely even played most missions dont even think he got to valentine yet.

its like the game is praised as so good everywhere he just wont come out and say he does not like it lol so back onto COD or FIFA he goes urrghhhh jaysus

glad I bought, played, finished and traded it in though but it was an OK game IMO

a mate of mine is moaning about how this game needs DLC but hes barely even played most missions dont even think he got to valentine yet.

its like the game is praised as so good everywhere he just wont come out and say he does not like it lol so back onto COD or FIFA he goes urrghhhh jaysus

glad I bought, played, finished and traded it in though but it was an OK game IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seeing it on my PS4 menu annoys me so much. Bought into the hype understandably and purchased from the PSN store like a fool because nowhere else had it on day 1, now I'm stuck with it.

Never wanted to trade a game in so much after I finished it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seeing it on my PS4 menu annoys me so much. Bought into the hype understandably and purchased from the PSN like a fool because nowhere else had it on day 1, now I'm stuck with it.

that sucks i never buy anything digitally

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Level 63.

I have finally ran out of quests.

Bar the radiant.

Just finished battle of bunker hill so gonna get on with it now.

As usual I loved the historian aspect of the game. Finding a new area, reading terminals, notes and listening to Hollotapes to piece things together.

The whole interconnected gunners plots (quincy, gunners plaza) are highlights. As is the excellent university point side quest with VA from Kellog.

noodler wrote: »
    The whole interconnected gunners plots (quincy, gunners plaza) are highlights. As is the excellent university point side quest with VA from Kellog.
    What is that one please? Google has nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seeing it on my PS4 menu annoys me so much. Bought into the hype understandably and purchased from the PSN store like a fool because nowhere else had it on day 1, now I'm stuck with it.

I wish I could pick your brain, man. Personally I could never trade in any of my games anymore >< As a gamer, one of the hardest thing I had to do was trade in my PS2 and all 100+ of my games.... just so I could get my brother an Xbox 360 after him missing out on one for Xmas. I don't regret it, but I'll never forget making the decision. It was so hard, I spent my early teens building up that collection and I just sold all of them. I've traded in games here and there throughout having my 360/PS3. But now I just can't do it anymore.

Thankfully I got another PS2 two years ago, and I'm building up quite a collection for myself again (68 and still going)

On topic - if it's any consolation, at least you have the DLC to look forward to.. If anything. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Level 29 , i like the game and the world but i prefer fallout 3 world, a better sense of exploration i think.

Advertisement