Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I've nearly run out of things to do now...

Lvl 59, just trying to max out all of my companions now before I get to the end of the game, but it's slower going with fewer missions to do....

I've nearly run out of things to do now...

Lvl 59, just trying to max out all of my companions now before I get to the end of the game, but it's slower going with fewer missions to do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I have only gotten 5 of them thus far. And have slept with them all, male and female. Just for the craic!!!!

Kind of disappointing, I keep them all at the settlement outpost Zimongia and have never had a 6some!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

allibastor wrote: »
    My guy looks like a dump raider!!!

This has always been a pet peeve of mine. The developers leave the protagonist looking like they rolled through a discount armour outlet covered in glue, but then give NPCs some awesome, consistent outfits that make them look super stylish.

Like, you just demonstrated that you understand the importance of aesthetics - why on earth didn't it occur to you that the player might want their character to look cool, too? I ended up just wearing power armour most of the time towards the end, just so I didn't look like my gear was made from cereal boxes (seriously what on Earth were they thinking with the combat armour?)

(Just like in Mass Effect when they had NPCs doing awesome stuff with biotics in cut scenes but never once had Shepard do anything like it - maybe I want to be a cool space wizard as well, developers?)

Zillah wrote: »
    This has always been a pet peeve of mine. The developers leave the protagonist looking like they rolled through a discount armour outlet covered in glue, but then give NPCs some awesome, consistent outfits that make them look super stylish.

Like, you just demonstrated that you understand the importance of aesthetics - why on earth didn't it occur to you that the player might want their character to look cool, too? I ended up just wearing power armour most of the time towards the end, just so I didn't look like my gear was made from cereal boxes (seriously what on Earth were they thinking with the combat armour?)

(Just like in Mass Effect when they had NPCs doing awesome stuff with biotics in cut scenes but never once had Shepard do anything like it - maybe I want to be a cool space wizard as well, developers?)

It is very true, I dont understand why you cant have the additions and mods available to some "legendary" armor that is able to be stripped and applied to anything else you want.

At the Moment, I have the freefal legs, which look rubbish, I have the Destroyers chestpiece, I have a Ghoul Slayer metal left arm and a metal right arm.
    My Character looks rubbish, but it is the best I can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

allibastor wrote: »
    I have only gotten 5 of them thus far. And have slept with them all, male and female. Just for the craic!!!!

Kind of disappointing, I keep them all at the settlement outpost Zimongia and have never had a 6some!

I CGAF what gender or race you are as long as you give me perks.

Preston Garvey was lovestruck by my perpetual "I'm here with the minutemen" schtick.

I thought I had paladin dance about to go horizontal but popped some pills into Mama Murphy and since.... things have been strained for us.

Most of the other characters are too noble and constantly pester me or don't like the fact I like to wear clothes (thanks Cait).

I haven't the patience to romance them all. Plus some of them are annoying as f**k (Including you Paladin Danse so stop friend zoning me you p***k).

We'll see what happens over Curies specific story quest and how we end up after that ;)

Pretty sure I have no access to my Synth buddy in the Institute cause it was like:
    "XN-B48 is available to be your companion"
    *sprints past him to go back outside*
    *2 mins later*
    "The Institute is now your enemy"

Like I care......

Cormac... wrote: »
    (Including you Paladin Danse so stop friend zoning me you p***k).

*player character climbs in and out of power armour repeatedly*
    Paladin Danse: I like the cut of his jib!

I put a teddy bear head on Paladin Danse...now my favourite companion....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Most of your companions like it when you heal dogmeat.

I'm not recommending it or anything but you could gather them all in the same place, shoot dogmeat and give him stims over and over again. :P

Kirby wrote: »

I'm not recommending it or anything but you could gather them all in the same place, shoot dogmeat and give him stims over and over again. :P

DO YOU LOVE ME NOW?
    *BANG BANG*
    NOW?
    YES MASTER ANYTHING YOU SAY JUST LEAVE DOGMEAT ALONE
    *breaks down crying*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

:eek:

Pure evil

Leave Dogmeat alone

Think of that Harem though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Only started playing this game on Friday (got an Xbox One for Christmas and had exams until then). I absolutely love it. Level 24 already and I'm just doing side-quests. Absolutely incredible. A few annoying bugs and tweaking but what a game!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pure evil

Leave Dogmeat alone

I wonder does it work though?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Has anyone had any success installing mods? I have the 'spring cleaning' mod which allows you to remove some of the piles of dirt in settlements - I kinda figure in the likes of sanctuary if people are going to be living there it makes sense that they'd at least sweep the piles of leaves and crap out of their bedrooms.

I also tried to install the Homemaker mod (gives you additional furniture options) but when it was installed the game wouldn't start. Anyone got any tips?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Has anyone had any success installing mods? I have the 'spring cleaning' mod which allows you to remove some of the piles of dirt in settlements - I kinda figure in the likes of sanctuary if people are going to be living there it makes sense that they'd at least sweep the piles of leaves and crap out of their bedrooms.

I also tried to install the Homemaker mod (gives you additional furniture options) but when it was installed the game wouldn't start. Anyone got any tips?

Toots wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips?

Buy the sims 3! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Toots wrote: »

Are you using Nexus Mod Manager? I haven't had any issues and I've loads of mods. Although none of the ones you've mentioned. Full Dialogue Interface, True Storms and Armorsmith Extended are must-haves for everyone and for settlement building I use Longer Power Lines, Custom Power Wiring, Scrap Everything, Simple Intersection and Expanded Settlement Buildings.

I also have a Blues Radio Station which replaces Classical Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I only have 9 mods running. But I was experiencing bad enough load times and CTD upon loading in until I opted into the Fallout 4 Beta patch.

Not sure if that would fix your issue but I'm sure it fixed mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I only have 9 mods running. But I was experiencing bad enough load times and CTD upon loading in until I opted into the Fallout 4 Beta patch.

Not sure if that would fix your issue but I'm sure it fixed mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Does anyone know if the S.P.E.C.I.A.L / Dogmeat glitch still works? Due to a comedy of errors I've had to start from scratch and would like a bit of a head start. I've been trying for an hour now and haven't been able to dupe it once

• Registered Users Posts: 27,906 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know if the S.P.E.C.I.A.L / Dogmeat glitch still works? Due to a comedy of errors I've had to start from scratch and would like a bit of a head start. I've been trying for an hour now and haven't been able to dupe it once

If your trying do it on an empty house plot in Sanctuary. Send DogMeat a good distance away and then ask him to fetch the book. This way gives you a bit more time to get yourself set.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If your trying do it on an empty house plot in Sanctuary. Send DogMeat a good distance away and then ask him to fetch the book. This way gives you a bit more time to get yourself set.

Thanks a million for that . Dogmeat was too close to me whe nI was trying it first time. Still having a few mis****s but doing ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

emmetkenny wrote: »

I find him difficult doing this. It takes me ages to get him to fetch. I haven't used him much though so think I may need to improve my relationship with him a bit more.

Does it only work with Dogmeat?

PlainP wrote: »
    I find him difficult doing this. It takes me ages to get him to fetch. I haven't used him much though so think I may need to improve my relationship with him a bit more.

Does it only work with Dogmeat?

Practise and you will have it in no time.. Dogmeat is the only companion whose feelings towards you don't change btw so no matter what you do he will still love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

I loved the game but it gets too frustrating sometimes! How to cure the radiation? I have found a doc (looks like a witch) finally. The problem is, whenever I go to her hut, there is so much radiation around that I get killed every time in the healing process. Anybody encountered this? I can't find any other doctors. Any tip would be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,906 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fad460 wrote: »
    I loved the game but it gets too frustrating sometimes! How to cure the radiation? I have found a doc (looks like a witch) finally. The problem is, whenever I go to her hut, there is so much radiation around that I get killed every time in the healing process. Anybody encountered this? I can't find any other doctors. Any tip would be highly appreciated. Thanks

You can build a medical stall in your towns.

I think you need local leader 2 though. Other than that just use RadAway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

In Diamond city there's a doctor that'll cure your rads for a handful of caps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Radaway cures radiation. Also if you roast mutant hound meat at a cooking station it turns into mutant chops which also cures radiation

Advertisement