Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Would be rude not to.. arrived today from HDMI

iEO7v3P.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Changed the strap on my Sinn to a grey Hirsch one for no real reason

46138359904_fe44cca76a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

@Eoin

Show off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭micks_address

Are hirsh straps good? I've an Omega aqua Terra seamaster incoming and my pick up a strap at some point to. I think they are 19mm..thinking black or dark blue would go well with the dial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Are hirsh straps good? I've an Omega aqua Terra seamaster incoming and my pick up a strap at some point to. I think they are 19mm..thinking black or dark blue would go well with the dial

Love the Aqua Terras especially the grey face one with the navy strap and detail. Make sure to put the pic up when it arrives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭893bet

Cyrus wrote: »
    Don’t think I ever added pics of this , got a new oem brown strap for my dsotm pitch black, it’s the one from the vintage version, goes well I think

Very nice!

I really think Omega need to work on the thickness in general.

Love the Aqua Terras especially the grey face one with the navy strap and detail. Make sure to put the pic up when it arrives!
    Well at the moment it looks like FedEx are driving it from West to East coast of America.. due to my friends house Tuesday in Boston. Hopefully I'll get some pictures then. I may not get the watch on my wrist till mid May as that's my next scheduled US trip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Cyrus wrote: »
    Don’t think I ever added pics of this , got a new oem brown strap for my dsotm pitch black, it’s the one from the vintage version, goes well I think

What a lovely looking watch

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

@deep thought:

Do you mind me asking from which retailer you got your sumo?

Heading stateside in June and looking at my options!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

@deep thought:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

G rock wrote: »
    @deep thought:

Bought it on WUS, well HDMI bought it for me and I paid him.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Homer

Bought it on WUS, well HDMI bought it for me and I paid him.

Heading to San Fran next week.. might have a look on WUS and se if I can nab something and get it delivered while Im there :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, they're decent quality. I am not 100% sure if it's true, but I've heard it said a few times that OEM straps from some big Swiss brands are in fact made by Hirsch.

Eoin wrote: »

Yep, they're decent quality. I am not 100% sure if it's true, but I've heard it said a few times that OEM straps from some big Swiss brands are in fact made by Hirsch.
    They seem to do a varied range.. the pricier ones worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Well at the moment it looks like FedEx are driving it from West to East coast of America.. due to my friends house Tuesday in Boston. Hopefully I'll get some pictures then. I may not get the watch on my wrist till mid May as that's my next scheduled US trip

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you saving % wise on Irish RRP by purchasing in US?

Couldn't tell you! I spent about 30 quid and am very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I’ve a Hirsch Lucca strap on a Legend Diver. It’s not massively expensive, circa 50/60 mark I think, so it’s not at the upper end of what you could pay for a Hirsch. It’s extremely comfortable, wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Got a Hirsch tan leather strap, was about GBP30 or so (paid about half the RRP at the time iirc). Used it very heavily over a number of years and went swimming with it many times, so it is knackered now. But it was a very good, high quality and comfortable strap.

CWZ003833 19mm blue omega strap.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you saving % wise on Irish RRP by purchasing in US?
    It's a pre owned watch so it's hard to tell. If paid full import duty could add 600 to the price of the watch. For that I'm willing to be patient and collect in few months myself when over

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »

CWZ003833 19mm blue omega strap.
    Expensive nylon :)

Those hirsch straps are the best and most economical way to transform a watch

New then ridiculous price!

Second hand (which is often unworn) should be less than 100.

New then ridiculous price!

Second hand (which is often unworn) should be less than 100.
    Would you recommend leather or nylon?

Be careful buying unworn secondhand omega straps, the fake ones are very good

Down to personal preference.

I prefer rubber and nylon over leather.

(That sentence belongs in the sex and sexuality forum).

Down to personal preference.

I prefer rubber and nylon over leather.

(That sentence belongs in the sex and sexuality forum).
    Yeah I think I'd rather spend the money on nylons to

These look nice to

https://shop.atelierdegriff.com

• Advertisement

Still fair bit cheaper than an Omega strap and I guess better quality?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement