Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Ireland Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭andyl222

dlofnep wrote: »
    In either case, you still generalized a movement. My original point stands. Care to rehost it elsewhere?
    and my original rebuttal stands.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

andyl222 wrote: »
    and my original rebuttal stands.....

Entertain me and rehost the image.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

that is a stupid thing to say:confused:

It looks like a nazi salute to me. Im sure its not intentional. It just happens to look that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Entertain me and rehost the image.
    I dunno why I can see it...
    http://file043b.bebo.com/15/large/2008/05/10/15/371107626a7695895832l.jpg

Thanks.

So we're all nazis Andyl? I was correct in my initial analysis. You've tried to label us all under the one banner and have come across as extremely ignorant. I take offense to being labeled as a nazi.

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote: »
    It looks like a nazi salute to me. Im sure its not intentional. It just happens to look that way.
    you'd have to be lying on your back on the floor with a nazi standing over you and saluting to see it that way!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

......im pretty sure he wont bring us a cure for cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kreuzberger

and alot of grown ups wouldn't use the 'unabomber' as an avatar unless they harboured deep seeded sentiments towards domestic terrorism... but sure there ya go.

a lot of governemnts and police forces wouldnt ensure 70,000 documents into the biggest mass murder in the history of the state disappeared in order to prevent a court case . That would point to much deeper sentiments being harboured towards domestic terrorism than an avatar , except from the people whose job it is to prevent bomb attacks , not collude in them and cover them up . But thats the governemnt and police force we have in Dublin .

So there ya go .

Thanks.

So we're all nazis Andyl? I was correct in my initial analysis. You've tried to label us all under the one banner and have come across as extremely ignorant. I take offense to being labeled as a nazi.

I never called anyone a nazi, I mean to assume a swastika is a solely 'nazi' related symbol comes across as 'extremely ignorant'. To generalise and jump to such conclusions, and in turn insinuate I attempted to tar the participants of this thread with the same brush as war criminals is unconscienable. I was in fact merely linking to a funny picture I found on bebo, absolutely nothing malicious was intended, but alas penfold doesn't seem to see it that way.

i think this is being dragged way off topic

• Advertisement

Right now just over 50% want a united Ireland and 37% say no.

Not exactly a united response!

a lot of governemnts and police forces wouldnt ensure 70,000 documents into the biggest mass murder in the history of the state disappeared in order to prevent a court case . That would point to much deeper sentiments being harboured towards domestic terrorism than an avatar , except from the people whose job it is to prevent bomb attacks , not collude in them and cover them up . But thats the governemnt and police force we have in Dublin .

So there ya go .

wait a minute, rewind for a second, what in the name of god does that have to do with the price of fish???? i was simply pointing out that regardless of how juvenile bebo is, its only as juvenile as advocating someone like the 'unabomber'..... political diatribe seemed a tad unnecessary. also apologies for the off-topic response

I never called anyone a nazi, I mean to assume a swastika is a solely 'nazi' related symbol comes across as 'extremely ignorant'. To generalise and jump to such conclusions, and in turn insinuate I attempted to tar the participants of this thread with the same brush as war criminals is unconscienable. I was in fact merely linking to a funny picture I found on bebo, absolutely nothing malicious was intended, but alas penfold doesn't seem to see it that way.

We know your intentions. Don't back-peddle now. I don't care what you were linking to, I know what you were insinuating - You sure weren't trying to label me as a Buddhist monk. Man up to your original intent. I didn't find it funny whatsoever. Keep your inaccurate views of Republicans to yourself.

We know your intentions. Don't back-peddle now. I don't care what you were linking to, I know what you were insinuating - You sure weren't trying to label me as a Buddhist monk. Man up to your original intent. I didn't find it funny whatsoever. Keep your inaccurate views of Republicans to yourself.

The 'almighty' we????

Right now just over 50% want a united Ireland and 37% say no.

Not exactly a united response!

the fact that this site has a higher than normal preponderance of what would commonly be referred to in our society as west britons doesnt make the result so far that surprising . However the general level of their political argument has been very very poor , an indication of why theyve always favoured and persued quite draconian censorship on the national airwaves as opposed to open and logical debate..

Theres also the fact Mr Snyper has spelled the word vote completely wrong which may be confusing people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

The 'almighty' we????

What you did was seen. I saw it anyhow, him and me makes 'we'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

What did he "do"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cockney Rebel

I cant believe how many West Brits there are on this forum.
    Of course its a YES vote. Have some pride in your country and heritage.
    VOTE YES, BRITS OUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,092 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

VOTE YES, BRITS OUT!!

Wow. You went through all the hassle of registering to post THAT crap.

Unfortunately, other people's freedom is more important that your romanticism. Sorry.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What did he "do"?

See Godwin’s Law, he used the Nazi thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fingal hoop

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Unfortunately, other people's freedom is more important that your romanticism. Sorry.

Irish peoples freedom in british occupied ireland?

Id love a united Ireland & think we are on course to it but id only want it if the unioinsts played a part in it too

The 'almighty' we????

Yes, the general public.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

What? So not accepting British occupation is ROMANTICISM?

the fact that this site has a higher than normal preponderance of what would commonly be referred to in our society as west britons doesnt make the result so far that surprising .

Please define "west britons" ...
    they live in Ireland, they work in Ireland, they hold Irish passports, they pay tax in Ireland, are they "west britons" because they don't support your republican views!!!

Please define "west britons" ...
    they live in Ireland, they work in Ireland, they hold Irish passports, they pay tax in Ireland, are they "west britons" because they don't support your republican views!!!

They live in the Irish Republic, how can they not be Republican Citizens and hold Irish Republican views? :confused: It seems like a bad betrayal of our northern brothers and sisters IMO, when we lived under British rule we wanted it to end didn't we? This 'I'm alright jack' attitude isn't good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

At this stage, i think if its economically viable or if it will add to our growing economy, then why not?

But if it were to have a negative effect on our economy, defenitely not.

Do the WB's on here see the people of the six counties not worthy of
    being called Irish, and not being entitled to be a part of an Irish Republic?

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    They live in the Irish Republic, how can they not be Republican Citizens and hold Irish Republican views?
    Perhaps the "indoctrination" by republican history teachers at school didn't work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

VOTE YES, BRITS OUT!!

Its certainly not a subject for sentiment anymore IMO, its about profiting and capitalising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

VOTE YES, BRITS OUT!!
    I love that this post comes from someone called Cockney Rebel. So what exactly makes someone a West Brit? I'd love to know. Is it someone that doesn't cheer on the Ra? Someone who would rather want a peaceful island as opposed to a big step backwards into violence?

A lot of people seem very eager to claim those counties back. But really the only people that should have any say in this is the people that live there. You know, the ones that actually have to deal with the reality of the situation. Not some people living in the south that have the whole thing romanticised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement