Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usenet Deal 11Dollars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

eioneill wrote: »
    I'm subscribed with Usenext myself. Seems to max out my UPC connection. So I can say I'm happy with their service. Has a download wizard aswell so unzips all the rar files automatically to give you an avi file etc. Think I'm paying about €8 a months for 25gb a month.

thats very expensive eioneill when you can get unlimited cap from astraweb for the same price, even rapishare gives you 80gb a month for 4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Kristok wrote: »
    sabnzbd dosnt seem to have a search option and grabit didnt work straight away said it was out of date first time i started it

Signup for newzbin.com

I've a funny feeling that those who have tried newsgroups haven't used a proper indexing nzb service, which is pointless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I use Astraweb, thanks to the OP, Newsleecher and Binsearch for all my Usenet downloading. I used Giganews for the last few years and never had a problem, but Astraweb is cheaper so I decided to change.

I’ve looked at some of the other Usenet search engines too, but never like their layout. I’ll be sticking to Binsearch for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

newsbin I need an invitation from a current member anyone want to send me one ?

kriskeogh@yahoo.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

AntiRip wrote: »
    thats very expensive eioneill when you can get unlimited cap from astraweb for the same price, even rapishare gives you 80gb a month for 4.50

I use Usenext for ease of use! Has Astraweb got its own built in search engine and preview of files? Just questions because I have never used the service myself. Too often rapid share links are dead and there is a cap on downloads per day. I usually only download every other week about 5gbs. So the 25gb I get for my money and how easy the files can be found is why i stick with Usenext. Thats just my personal opinion. Why change when your happy with a service?

• Advertisement

eioneill wrote: »
    I use Usenext for ease of use! Has Astraweb got its own built in search engine and preview of files? Just questions because I have never used the service myself. Too often rapid share links are dead and there is a cap on downloads per day. I usually only download every other week about 5gbs. So the 25gb I get for my money and how easy the files can be found is why i stick with Usenext. Thats just my personal opinion. Why change when your happy with a service?

I totally agree with there, if you're happy and get the stuff you want thats all you need. I'm only using newsgroups a day or two and I still leaning towards RS tbh. Last night I noticed that one of my shows was instantly on RS, and it was only today it surfaced on newzbin. I'll go back to RS at the end of month again (have a premium account). Like you said, why change when you're happy with a service ;)

But don't you RS users find downloading something in around 4-5 parts is a pain? Most dvdrips have many more parts than that. You have to select each part individually and download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Any chance someone lovely could e-mail me a newzbin invite?

specialheadsup (attta) hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I totally agree with there, if you're happy and get the stuff you want thats all you need. I'm only using newsgroups a day or two and I still leaning towards RS tbh. Last night I noticed that one of my shows was instantly on RS, and it was only today it surfaced on newzbin. I'll go back to RS at the end of month again (have a premium account). Like you said, why change when you're happy with a service ;)

on the right hand side beside go on newzbin, pick usenet cond. Some times some stuff might take longer than usual to show up in the normal search results.

install nzbstatus plugin for firefox, and its only a matter of clicking on an icon for sabnzbd to start downloading.

Also for tv shows in sabnzbd you can set up rss feeds from tvnzb so that your favourite shows are automatically downloaded and you can get it to ignore 720p versions or vice versa.

its all too easy!

btw watch out for ppl posting fake rapidshare links in order to get your login details

But don't you RS users find downloading something in around 4-5 parts is a pain? Most dvdrips have many more parts than that. You have to select each part individually and download it.

Not at all. It's the easiest thing in the world! I use greasemonkey script in firefox with RS link checker which shows you live/dead links by putting a green/red mark beside each link. All I do then is highlight all the links, even if it's 50 links!, and flashget picks up all the links and download. Absolutely painless. You also need flashgot addon as well.

• Advertisement

on the right hand side beside go on newzbin, pick usenet cond. Some times some stuff might take longer than usual to show up in the normal search results.

install nzbstatus plugin for firefox, and its only a matter of clicking on an icon for sabnzbd to start downloading.

Also for tv shows in sabnzbd you can set up rss feeds from tvnzb so that your favourite shows are automatically downloaded and you can get it to ignore 720p versions or vice versa.

its all too easy!

btw watch out for ppl posting fake rapidshare links in order to get your login details

Thanks for the info!;)

Not at all. It's the easiest thing in the world! I use greasemonkey script in firefox with RS link checker which shows you live/dead links by putting a green/red mark beside each link. All I do then is highlight all the links, even if it's 50 links!, and flashget picks up all the links and download. Absolutely painless. You also need flashgot addon as well.

Thanks for that! I had a feeling I wasn't doing something right!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

Well I've signed up to Astraweb for one month, going to see f its better than Megashares, so far so good...

Can anyone send me an invite for Newzbin please? Would be much appreciated :)
    It's <SNIP>

EDIT: Please don't post e-mail addresses here!

Thanks! :)

Edit 2:
    Oops sorry about that, can someone please PM me if they have an invite for Newzbin? thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's definitely better than Megashares for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I can't get it to work at all!

I signed up to Astra web & Newzbin. Downloaded Sabnzbd+ 0.4.8 and the firefox plugin SABnnzdb. Followed the instructions from here. Tried different Astraweb servers and port configurations in SABnzbd.

Then I've gone to Newzbin, found a file I would like to download and click on the send to SABnzb icon. Whats meant to happen then? If i click Que in SABnzb nothing shows up.

Am I missing something, doing something wrong?

byte

To start with, you might be better just downloading an NZB manually, and entering it manually into SABnzbd, see if it's downloading from Astraweb servers first. After that you can worry about plugins.

I'm not familiar with the Firefox plugin you're using (I use nzbdStatus), but there should be Settings option somewhere. Make sure the SABnzbd URL in SABnnzdb settings is identical to the URL you use to see SABnzbd in your web browser (eg. h**p://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ ), or it won't work. When you click an nzb link, it'll take a few moments for it to appear on your queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

The SABnzdb port was different from the plugin to the local address. all sorted now :D

Thanks, seems to work fine now.

byte

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just after signing up to Astraweb from all the positive feedback on here.So just looking for a newzbin invite to get me going as this seems to be the best solution,thanks in advance.

Got an invite sorted,thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Have been using Astraweb for ages with no probs!!

This is the first I've heard of newzbin so would anyone be kind enough to send me an invite,PLEASE!!!!:o

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Bros123 wrote: »
    Have been using Astraweb for ages with no probs!!

This is the first I've heard of newzbin so would anyone be kind enough to send me an invite,PLEASE!!!!:o

Thanks!

I find other sites just as good if not better than newzbin, don't see it as that special at all. Newsleech etc. and if you find some forum sites are just as good

I find other sites just as good if not better than newzbin, don't see it as that special at all. Newsleech etc. and if you find some forum sites are just as good

Indeed. Nzbmatrix has a free account that can provide you with all the latest stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Indeed. Nzbmatrix has a free account that can provide you with all the latest stuff.

Is google or UPC blocking this site, as I'm getting broken links for the site, and Google reports back about removing 3 search results due to a complaint from US Digital Millennium Copyright Act :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

20 Day Retention is useless with that free account. Merlins-Portal isn't too bad at all and has a much higher retention, not great organisation though. Binsearch.info is horrific to find what you're looking for, but fairly comprehensive.

Someone nice want to PM me a newzbin invite?

Is google or UPC blocking this site, as I'm getting broken links for the site, and Google reports back about removing 3 search results due to a complaint from US Digital Millennium Copyright Act :confused:

Google is certainly not blocking this site. You should also try OpenDNS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

How does this handle throttling? Will SSL mean theres no throttling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭awkward

How does this handle throttling? Will SSL mean theres no throttling?

Nope, just means that ur stuff is encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hi just signed up for Astraweb , if anyone has a spare newzbin.com invite it would be gratefully recieved , thanks for the heads up OP

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Awesome deal! Now would it be possible to get a newzbin invite if anyone has one spare?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Does anybody here have experience paying them via paypal?

Any issues to look out for?

Advertisement