Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fred83 wrote: »
    suppose could always put in million euros in the max amount your prepare to pay on ebay,although it could happen someday!

Oh feck no, I'd never risk that :P

I don't put in silly amounts either. Just my max bid in the last ten seconds (sometimes five..depends if my internet connection is working well or not) and leave it up to the gods!

Wehey, just got a black Japanese Namco Gcon. Due to silly censorship we got gray ones over here..I do love my gray one but this looks bad ass. (And is how they should have looked)

gcon.jpg

Master of the Universe

Got Darius 2 from for the Saturn from an Irish seller. For 7.75! And 3.50 of that was postage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Haven't acquired much recently, but thought this was postworthy...

Was out walking the dog in the Dublin mountains, and on one of the forestry tracks, came across a pile of rubbish that had been set alight by some fly-tipper. Anyway, most of it was burnt out, but on the edge was a little GBA cart, Eragon. Plastic is perfect, though the label looks like it took a little of the effect of either moisture or heat (a bit of bubbling), but it's still pretty good. Anyway, took it home, put it into the DS lite, switched it on, not detected. Plugged it in and out a couple of times, and it's now detected. Seems to be playing perfectly, even had a save-game on it.

Now, I wouldn't be a fan on RPGs, but it still gave me a bit of a buzz finding it there, taking it home, and finding it still worked. Talk about "found-in-the-wild"!

There was also a Microsoft Xbox controller (wired black thing) there, but the top (where the memory cards go in?) is a bit melted, and the cable is a bit melted too, but since I'd never had an Xbox controller before, I took it home anyway to have a look at the innards. Front is intact and the buttons and sticks seem to move ok. There is a bit of masking tape on the cable near the controller, so I'm guessing that's why it was dumped (dodgy connection). Anyway, saw online that it should be possible to solder a USB cable to it, and possibly get it to work on a PC. After looking at the innards, and if it looks intact inside, I might give it a go, purely for the see-if-it-can-be-revived aspect. Sure if it can't be, it'll get a decent send-off at the recycling centre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wow that's quite a weird find! Why would someone want to burn that stuff though? I fear to think of what else was burnt in that pile!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was at a friends house the other day and he told me that he had a load of sega games in his wardrobe somwhere, so naturally i jumped into it searching for them. and what did i find....FECK ALL! tore the whole place out and all i found was 1 playstation 1 demo disc! the disapointment was crushing, especially when he said he play streets of rage 3 and thought he might have it in there :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah ****e one. He didn't happen to burn them in the woods did he? :D

I picked up a Sega saturn Action Replay 4 in 1. So can now play my English copy of Darius 2 on the Japanese saturn when it arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Nice collection,I don't know if I'd pay the €1,200 that it's at,and with 8 days left too.Am I missing something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

In Boston working for the next couple of months but have yet to do some proper retro hunting, though after reading that Mega Man Zero collection is coming out soon for the DS I decided to pick up the original gba games, managed to find 2 & 3 in a gamestop today. There's a huge anime convention coming to town next month which is meant to have import and retro game sellers, so saving myself for that :)

I did stumble across a small convenience store selling a bunch of stuff though, fully refurbished NES, SNES and SNES 2 consoles, and loads of games..no dedicated retro stores in the city though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got Silent Hill on the PS1 for the hefty price of €1 in a charity shop. Non-platinum aswell which I was happy about. Can't wait to get stuck into it over the weekend :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's an amazing price. Usually fetches quite a few coins on ebay.

Enjoy. First game that really scared me proper. Hope it stood the test of time well. I haven't played it since release.

Yeah I was thinking of playing it with all the lights off and the sound turned up, but I don't know yet :)

Ah thats the only way to play silent hill, i love that game, essental ps1 game!

Oh yeah a freidn from college said he has boxes of Ps1 games at home and said he'd bring them down for me on monday!

cant wait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

silent is brill!,charity shops here have nothing,closest i have is amazon uk,picked up mercs/sonic spinball for total price of £12..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Soul Calibur II
    Twisted Metal Black (and a network adapter with it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Couldn't believe my luck yesterday, came out of a Charity Shop with a Gameboy in an original case with nine games for €10. Gobsmacked :pac:

Nice find atari!

I got (not retro but) Spiderman 3 on the 360. Why can I not resist any game that has a ridiculously cheap price sticker on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Not retro games I know, but just flew back to Boston after visiting home for a few days, and went straight out and bought Pokemon Soul Silver, Infinite Space and reserved SMT: Strange Journey, which is out next week. My games backlog getting out of control

Going to the charity shop tomorrow to get that Gameboy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Gran Tourismo 4
    God of War II
    Soul Reaver 2
    Legacy of Kain - Defiance

All for Playstation 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I hate eBay :'(

Went to the charity shop today. She couldn't find the GB but she had some games which are: (for the GBC) Yugioh Dark duel stories, Buffy the vampire slayer, SMB Deluxe, Harry Potter & the chamber of secrets, Pocket soccer and Pokémon blue on the GB (now my 4th copy of that :P). Nothing amazing but hey they were free :D

Master of the Universe

Free? Nice one Atavan! That's some good old lady ripping off :pac:

I picked up In the Hunt for the Saturn. I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting into the Saturn years ago. It's such a great console.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Free? Nice one Atavan! That's some good old lady ripping off :pac:

I picked up In the Hunt for the Saturn. I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting into the Saturn years ago. It's such a great console.

Haha, I tried to pay her but she was having none of it :D

I think my reason for lack of interest in the Saturn is because I have a PAL one which is un-chipped.

Nothing amazing but hey they were free :D
    Free,lovely find... you jammy git :D.I'm going to a car boot in the morning so hopefully I'll pick up something of interest,I'll report back tomorrow,fingers crossed.

Free,lovely find... you jammy git :D.I'm going to a car boot in the morning so hopefully I'll pick up something of interest,I'll report back tomorrow,fingers crossed.

Ta :)

Is it the one in Harolds cross by any chance? Was thinking of going to it tomorrow but don't know if I'll bother.

Master of the Universe

I think my reason for lack of interest in the Saturn is because I have a PAL one which is un-chipped.

Yuck! :p I always thought the black EU ones looked hidjus.

Oh they do, I'd love a nice white one or the "This is cool" ones. I'd only accept a black Jap saturn if it was a Hi-Saturn.

Ta :)

Is it the one in Harolds cross by any chance? Was thinking of going to it tomorrow but don't know if I'll bother.
    No,it was in Tuamgraney in Co Clare.Got nothing of any retro interest but did pick up yet another Xbox.It came with two pads,(one official and one 3rd party - half eaten)The sensor yoke for the Dvd remote (but no remote:() and 3 games,Tony Hawks American wasteland,Midway Arcade 3 and Halo.€20 altogether.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yay! Finally completed my Streets of Rage collection. Just picked up Streets of Rage 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement