Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have to say I hate the soccer forum on Boards. I much rather post here about Soccer as the majority of posters in there go on like petty 8 year olds. Everyone trying to get one up on each other is just sad and every thread seems like an arguement rather than a discussion and the amount of people intentionally trying to piss eachother off is awful.

It just makes me appreciate PW boardsies so much more, dont ever change you guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have to say I hate the soccer forum on Boards. I much rather post here about Soccer as the majority of posters in there go on like petty 8 year olds. Everyone trying to get one up on each other is just sad and every thread seems like an arguement rather than a discussion and the amount of people intentionally trying to piss eachother off is awful.

It just makes me appreciate PW boardsies so much more, dont ever change you guys.

I know this will come across as arse kissing and I swear it isn't. Well, not totally ;)

But I do believe this is one of the best moderated forums I've ever been on, and that the community on here is fantastic. I've been part of many forums over the years, wrestling related and not, other sections of boards.ie included, and they nearly always are full of trolls, joke accounts, bickering idiots and the likes. And it's not that the mods in other sites are bad; I've befriended many and it's a tireless, difficult job. And a hard one.

So I always appreciate the fact that for the most part, this particular board isn't full of those sorts of people. This place, this specific subsection of this site, is a real bastion of friendliness for me, a place I know I can retreat to when I have to deal with life and just know it's 100% safe.

So yeah. Thanks mods and posters. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,494 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damn you Aer Lingus :mad: flights cancelled for next Friday over the strike and all other flights near enough around that day gone so I'm out of pocket why cant people be happy with their f*cking jobs or quit if they don't like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn you Aer Lingus :mad: flights cancelled for next Friday over the strike and all other flights near enough around that day gone so I'm out of pocket why cant people be happy with their f*cking jobs or quite if they don't like

Where were you heading

cena wrote: »
    Where were you heading

France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

France

That sucks. Have you tried a stop over flight

cena wrote: »
    That sucks. Have you tried a stop over flight

Yes everything full and price hiked too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »

*looks at what boards I moderate...thinks diplomatically*

at times I really agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Venturing onto non-PW forums on boards I'm periodically reminded that people are MUCH snarkier and sometimes post to immediately disagree with what you say. Without sounding soppy I'm extremely grateful for our community here, to be able to chat about PW, TV, you name it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Nocturnal Forum is also a fun place to post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rugby forum is actually similar too but there's still bans handed out. And most rugby fans try way too hard to be nice anyways. Soccer forum is good craic if you don't take it seriously like most Pool and United fans. There's a dang good MS Paint thread there at the mo bb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying we need to post more like other forums here so we fit in? :)

So I'm guessing that a local candidate should not be standing in the voting hall 3 feet from the booths with a giant poster of himself, no?

I thought it was only vote counters & the voters themselves who should be within distance of the voting booths

*On a sidenote, Chelsea's David Luiz is apparently joining PSG in a deal worth £50 million*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

^ PSG are completely ****ing retarded if they pay that much for Luiz, Chelsea fans over the moon I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

^ PSG are completely ****ing retarded if they pay that much for Luiz, Chelsea fans over the moon I'd imagine.

That's an understatement, £50million for a defender :eek:, obviously Chelsea fans would be over the moon, the cash from Luiz's sale will allow them to finally buy a striker who can score goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Luiz is a donkey and not worth 10m. PSG have lost the plot

Mighty news.

120B7581853A471988FE2002181024EB.ashx?w=480&h=270&rgn=0,182,1444,994

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Patrice Evra's contract has been extended by a year, taking the popular Frenchman's stay at Old Trafford into a tenth season.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Luiz is a donkey and not worth 10m. PSG have lost the plot

Well PSG are funded by Qatar Investment Authority, money obviously no object to them.............. (But £50 million for a defender is a bit much)

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well PSG are funded by Qatar Investment Authority, money obviously no object to them.............. (But £50 million for a defender is a bit much)

A defender that cant defend. I wouldn't have him in the top 20 centre halfs in the league

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    A defender that cant defend. I wouldn't have him in the top 20 centre halfs in the league

David Luiz is more an attacking midfielder (to me anyways) than a defender, couldn't defend to save his life.

Chelsea have had years to buy a better striker than Torres in fairness. It took Diego Costa mooning them on the biggest stage before they made any moves to rectify that.

Federico Macheda has been released by Manchester United

He'll be best remembered for this goal against Aston Villa in 2009

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just saw that Neil Lennon is gone from Celtic, said he'd felt he'd taken the club as far as he could. I'd say it'd have been one of the easier jobs, without Rangers there's just no challenge for the league.

Angron wrote: »
    Just saw that Neil Lennon is gone from Celtic, said he'd felt he'd taken the club as far as he could. I'd say it'd have been one of the easier jobs, without Rangers there's just no challenge for the league.

Celtic could save 1m or so a year and have no manager. I could manage Celtic to the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

They should give the job to one of those lads who have won everything in champion ship manager ... just for the craic

Jaysus, the Luiz deal went through, shocking fee. FFP my ass....

Angron wrote: »
    He isn't going to get credit for what he achieved in Europe though. Scotland being a poor league has had drastic consequences for them ranging from tv deals to attractiveness to foreign players. Getting that squad to the knockout stages of the Champions League is no small feat for their squad. Look at how poorly Hooper did for Norwich.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He isn't going to get credit for what he achieved in Europe though. Scotland being a poor league has had drastic consequences for them ranging from tv deals to attractiveness to foreign players. Getting that squad to the knockout stages of the Champions League is no small feat for their squad. Look at how poorly Hooper did for Norwich.
    Yeah, true, he did very well. Much as I don't like Rangers, Scotland needs them in the top flight to give the league a semblance of credibility.

Same as Mayo in football. Connacht being such a low standard has hurt them hard in the long run 2 finals in a row IMO.

• Advertisement

I hope PSG's £50million pund gamble on David Luiz backfires badly

I hope PSG's £50million pund gamble on David Luiz backfires badly

It can't, really,min terms of the fact that it's just money to them. It's the equivalent of buying a packet of crisps for the rest of us; if they aren't nice, just buy another pack tomorrow.

Well Bale proves his worth as RM win Champions League gotta feel for AM though who no doubt will be raided now

Who do you think will be gone aside from Costa Liz?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Well Bale proves his worth as RM win Champions League gotta feel for AM though who no doubt will be raided now

Winning the league will help them hold onto a few players you'd imagine, but with Chelsea all but certain to land Costa, I can't see them repeating the success of this year next season.

I just heard too, that the last time Atletico were in the final, they were winning up until the last minute. They drew in the end and lost the replay. To be that close twice must be a kick in the cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Am I been naive?

But should Galway not trash London tomorrow?

Real Madrid had my nerves shredded to the 90th minute & into injury time, football, bloody hell, when Ramos equalized, nerves were relieved, Gareth Bale had written himself into Real history with that 2nd goal (which i thought was the winner, would've been some way for Bale to immortalise his name in Real history had the game stayed at 2-1) then Marcelo hit the 3rd wrapping the game up for Real, and that boy Ronaldo his 17th goal in the Champions League adding salt to the wounds..... One the other side of the coin, ya'd kinda feel sorry for Atletico (and there was no need for those antics from Simeone after the game), but in all fairness they've had one hell of a season.

And it all kicks off again in a few months time :D. Now bring on the World Cup.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Am I been naive?

If it's the Galway footballers, you're being naive, though you never really know which Galway will show up to a match.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Am I been naive?

You are when it comes to Galway but it's like an episode of the X-Files. They have won All-Irelands within the last 15 years, have had success at underage and had the players to contend for AI's. But it never happened with this generation. They hit a peak in 2008 when they looked like they might be back but they haven't won a Connacht Title since. It's kinda unbelievable how they can choke and almost lose to Tipp and Waterford. London have two ex-Galway players in particular that could be a massive problem in Geraghty and Faherty. Galway have a very young and inexperienced team that could become a force with a bit of momentum. Galway are also missing their 3 best players in the last 5 years that were on the panel this year. Could be a big shock.
    If it's the Galway footballers, you're being naive, though you never really know which Galway will show up to a match.
    In both codes too. Was reading the hurling championship thread in the GAA forum and the amount of people thinking Galway will have a good year is demoralising when they'd be lucky to make it to a Quarter Final with all the arguments and the big tragedy last Autumn. That said they could motivate themselves into the team they should be.

Summary: Galway are a hard team to support.

• Advertisement

You are when it comes to Galway but it's like an episode of the X-Files. They have won All-Irelands within the last 15 years, have had success at underage and had the players to contend for AI's. But it never happened with this generation. They hit a peak in 2008 when they looked like they might be back but they haven't won a Connacht Title since. It's kinda unbelievable how they can choke and almost lose to Tipp and Waterford. London have two ex-Galway players in particular that could be a massive problem in Geraghty and Faherty. Galway have a very young and inexperienced team that could become a force with a bit of momentum. Galway are also missing their 3 best players in the last 5 years that were on the panel this year. Could be a big shock.

In both codes too. Was reading the hurling championship thread in the GAA forum and the amount of people thinking Galway will have a good year is demoralising when they'd be lucky to make it to a Quarter Final with all the arguments and the big tragedy last Autumn. That said they could motivate themselves into the team they should be.

Summary: Galway are a hard team to support.

That's the short & sweet of it really. The Galway hurlers had their chance was it last September in the hurling final against Kilkenny, and in the replay, though they should've beaten Kilkenny 1st time around, the Galway footballers on the other hand will NEVER EVER come close to an All Ireland Football Final, let alone winning it.

Who do you think will be gone aside from Costa Liz?

My guesses (listening to my brother's rant more like) Garcia, Juanfran, Koke, Courtois, Turan, Godin and Miranda :p

My guesses (listening to my brother's rant more like) Garcia, Juanfran, Koke, Courtois, Turan, Godin and Miranda :p
    He's on the ball. At the same time though Dortmund have the majority of the side from last year minus Lewandowski and Gotze. Especially when David Luiz goes for 50 mill and Financial Fair Play restricts spending I think myself that Costa, Courtois (a loanee from Chelsea anyways) and Koke are gone.

Kimye are honeymooning in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What the hell is Kimye? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What the hell is Kimye? :pac:

Kanye West and Kim Khardasian or whatever her name is

• Advertisement

An awful destination for awful people

Galway's footballers won against London on Sunday :eek:

A shock to the system.

Kimye are honeymooning in Cork

Well if Kanye & Kim are in Cork for their honeymoon...... I think we have an idea what they'll name the new baby :pac:.

(If there will be a 2nd baby)

An awful destination for awful people

Stop Brie and Bryan are next to honeymoon there :p also what is their combined couple name or do they not have one yet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement