Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had a nightmare experience with them over the summer. 17 people talked to over a 2 day period while trying to set up my efibre, hung up on multiple times. If I wasn't tied into an 18 month contract with them, I'd have looked elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

D.Q wrote: »
    Had problems with my broadband intermittently disconnecting, rang eircom, they had an engineer out the next day

I would have expected the engineer out the same day, but I'm a selfish pr!ck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm using UPC and it's generally excellent. About 3.5MB/s down but the upload is poor - max 200-300kbps. Been having trouble over the last few days but that's a rarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Has anyone spoken to cmpunked lately. Haven't seen him on here in awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cena wrote: »
    Has anyone spoken to cmpunked lately. Haven't seen him on here in awhile

He's doing really well, he's just busy at the moment :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's doing really well, he's just busy at the moment :)

Thanks jay. I sent him a pm yesterday. I know he is working for sky. Hope he is liking the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,517 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Loughc wrote: »
    I really couldn't see U2 even coming close to selling out 4 dates in Croke Park, let alone in the time Garth Brooks did it.

5 sold out dates in Croke Park is incredible for a Country artist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I've a two week break until I start my new job (start Monday 24th). Any suggestions as to what I should do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've a two week break until I start my new job (start Monday 24th). Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Grow a righteous bad ass beard while you can if your new job doesn't allow you to have any facial hair.

• Advertisement

I work in IT. A beard is kinda part of the uniform.

Don't stay home watching tv series or playing computer games!

If you can afford it, go on a European city break, I recommend Lisbon, Barcelona, or Berlin, you might be able to find a cheap flight to somewhere nice anyway even at short notice, stay in a cheap hostel and live on bread and water. Or check out some of the many lovely spots around Ireland that you haven't seen before.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Or check out some of the many lovely spots around Ireland that you haven't seen before.

This. I like this. Even if I only day tripped, it'd be fun. Might see if an unemployed friend of mine fancies a few road trips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Congrats on the new gig, yeah i'd agree with the lads go somewhere nice out foreign. If you have the dosh & a few mates to tag along go somewhere with nice weather & women. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I'm in Liverpool at the moment and going to see Liverpool vs arsenal tomorrow (technically today) and I am far to excited and like a kid at Christmas can't sleep :( I detest arsenal so I'll be on a rampage tomorrow can't wait. I'm not sure if this post is a bragging post cause I'm going to the match or a complaining post cause I can't sleep either way you catch my drift :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I'm in Liverpool at the moment and going to see Liverpool vs arsenal tomorrow (technically today) and I am far to excited and like a kid at Christmas can't sleep :( I detest arsenal so I'll be on a rampage tomorrow can't wait. I'm not sure if this post is a bragging post cause I'm going to the match or a complaining post cause I can't sleep either way you catch my drift :D

Ah I can relate, got me a ticket to Man U v Liverpool next month. Hope United get their act together by then.

• Advertisement

Some work getting them tickets I'd imagine I'll be sitting in the Kop gonna be some experience. Haven't been over in a while anytime I go I usually get something from recent memory I was at a Europa league game against anzi got to see A Stewart downing goal. Was over for a game against Stoke which was Luis Suarez debut which he scored in and years ago was over for Liverpool v Valencia the year before rafa took over when he was Valencia manager.

I'm in Liverpool at the moment and going to see Liverpool vs arsenal tomorrow (technically today) and I am far to excited and like a kid at Christmas can't sleep :(I detest arsenal so I'll be on a rampage tomorrow can't wait. I'm not sure if this post is a bragging post cause I'm going to the match or a complaining post cause I can't sleep either way you catch my drift :D

What do you detest about Arsenal?

Manager mainly, their fans, their whiny players all goes back to 01. Fa cup really ever since then I've hated them they threw their toys out of the pram with the reaction to Owens 2 late goals. Just generally dislike them. Winger is probably the main reason.

Liverpool v Valencia the year before rafa took over when he was Valencia manager.

Valencia were great that nite, was it Aimar that got that well worked goal by them?
    Bit nervous about today, playing 2 up top & Gerrard in the holding role always has me nervous against top sides.

I don't remember if he scored but i do remember aimar having an absolute stormer and making everything look incredibly easy.

• Advertisement

Its early but :D so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Well happy Liverpool fans here anyway. As a United fan 4th is looking like a fantasy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well happy Liverpool fans here anyway. As a United fan 4th is looking like a fantasy

The only way this could get better is if the kop broke out in a yes! chant!!

Loughc wrote: »
    The only way this could get better is if the kop broke out in a yes! chant!!

Or if John Henry's wife Linda flashed the camera. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What a win against Wales from Ireland . Lest hopefully they can keep it up for the rest of the 6 Nations

1891154_705970169447624_748224378_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wales were largely out-classed in that game, which is nice for us :D

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its early but :D so far

Incredible stuff only way to describe it was fairly sure I was dreaming just utter shock from everyone. Was sitting next to an arsenal fan as well who left at half time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not a hope in hell they'll beat France in Paris. Just can't see a Grand Slam. Great start though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This Scotland-England match has been pretty boring. Scotland have been quite awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Angron wrote: »
    This Scotland-England match has been pretty boring. Scotland have ALWAYS been quite awful.

FYP there.

• Advertisement

Well yeah, the main thing that changes is the degree to which they are awful.

Jack-Donaghy-Crying-Into-Pillow-30-Rock.gif

Quote this too often but another day, more points dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It must go down as one of footballs great mistakes, Mourinho wanted this job and United for absurd reasons went for the man who has never won anything and he is painfully out of his depth.

He has to go, players deserve some blame but it is the same squad who won the league at a canter last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It must go down as one of footballs great mistakes, Mourinho wanted this job and United for absurd reasons went for the man who has never won anything and he is painfully out of his depth.

He has to go, players deserve some blame but it is the same squad who won the league at a canter last year.

Mourinho, while a scumbag, was smart enough to know the United job was a poisoned chalice. Nobody was going to do well. The entire United squad just isnt that great. Fergie had them playing well above their level for years. Mourinho or Moyes, it would have been more or less the same story without massive, massive investment.

In fairness I think that could have been fergies doing he told the board to make moyes his successor and who are they to argue with fertile, while fergie knows moyes is going to struggle and thus inflates his ego and everybody calls for him to come back and people think he was an absolute god to get results with this squad.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Mourinho, while a scumbag, was smart enough to know the United job was a poisoned chalice. Nobody was going to do well. The entire United squad just isnt that great. Fergie had them playing well above their level for years. Mourinho or Moyes, it would have been more or less the same story without massive, massive investment.

I dunno about that, Mourinho is fast approaching atg territory as manager so its possible he could have done well at Old Trafford. Certainly would back a man who has won everywhere he has gone over David Moyes who has won zero in his whole career.

I do think he wanted it as well, his interview after Real beat United was a come and get me I thought. Anyways I am sure he will be happy enough he is at Chelsea.

Ferguson played a huge part in getting Moyes the job so for that reason he won't be fired until next season despite abysmal results and tactical ineptitude which indicate he is as much out of his depth as hodgson when in charge of the Pool.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Knockmania is runnning mild.

This is the now the "Alec Baldwin-Man United supporter" support group.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/neknomination-death-isaac-richardson-first-3130028

I don't get this. how can a grown man and another person who is 35 think drinking so much would not at least seriously hurt you???:confused:

Would have had a job offered to me after an interview today if I had a PSA licence. Nearly double my previous wage and a much more secure position in a better company.

Annoying thing is I inquired about the course required for the licence a few months ago but never heard back.
    I dunno about that, Mourinho is fast approaching atg territory as manager so its possible he could have done well at Old Trafford. Certainly would back a man who has won everywhere he has gone over David Moyes who has won zero in his whole career.

I do think he wanted it as well, his interview after Real beat United was a come and get me I thought. Anyways I am sure he will be happy enough he is at Chelsea.

Ferguson played a huge part in getting Moyes the job so for that reason he won't be fired until next season despite abysmal results and tactical ineptitude which indicate he is as much out of his depth as hodgson when in charge of the Pool.:pac:

Mourinho was a complete and utter failure at Real Madrid. Yes, the standards are much higher, but he was shown up big time. The press didnt fall for his crap either like they do in England. He won only a single league title and no European cups in three years at the biggest club in the world. That's a failure no matter what way you look at it. Even an appearance in the Champions League final would have been some consolation.

• Advertisement

What kind of job does a PSA license get you.

What kind of job does a PSA license get you.

Pretty much anything in security. It isnt a requirement as of now, but will be soon enough. Hence why they want it now. In my previous job, only two out of twelve had it, so it would be a big plus on your CV as it seems most dont have it right now.

Pretty much anything in security. It isnt a requirement as of now, but will be soon enough. Hence why they want it now. In my previous job, only two out of twelve had it, so it would be a big plus on your CV as it seems most dont have it right now.

That sucks. Does the company not run courses for new people.

That sucks. Does the company not run courses for new people.

You have to be licenced to provide the course too. They do training sure, but this is different. I'm waiting to hear back now on hopefully doing the course next week. The impression I got was they would offer me the job once I had a date as it was as good as done.

You have to be licenced to provide the course too. They do training sure, but this is different. I'm waiting to hear back now on hopefully doing the course next week. The impression I got was they would offer me the job once I had a date as it was as good as done.

Hope you can get it sorted gnfnrhead, until then chin up & think of wifey. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,517 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/neknomination-death-isaac-richardson-first-3130028

I don't get this. how can a grown man and another person who is 35 think drinking so much would not at least seriously hurt you???:confused:

Never the fault of the deceased victim who drank that much and did the dare :rolleyes: sorry I know I sound harsh but the game, drink culture etc. are being blamed but all are adults who should know right from wrong

• Advertisement

Hope you can get it sorted gnfnrhead, until then chin up & think of wifey. :D

Damn it, now I need to go to the bathroom! :pac:

Damn it, now I need to go to the bathroom! :pac:

Don't they'll never hire you if you go blind!
    :pac:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Never the fault of the deceased victim who drank that much and did the dare :rolleyes: sorry I know I sound harsh but the game, drink culture etc. are being blamed but all are adults who should know right from wrong

It's something I detest about Irish culture, and if I could get out of the country tomorrow, it would be my main reason why.

Don't they'll never hire you if you go blind!
    :pac:

Pfft, hasnt happened yet :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yea i agree with that , Obviously its sad that people have passed away . But imo downing 70cl bottles of spirits are clearly gonna destroy in sides . Most people just down a can/pint which is grand , but the wrong people always want to take it to the next/worst level.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement