Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

Dotts wrote: »
    Flashed blackhole and setup but still getting periodic freezes, I guess it a problem with the box? anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

The problem all along was over heating, I had a router directly over the box, while it was not directly ontop of the box it was still causing the box to heat up to a level that was effecting it, within a few minutes of moving it the box started working perfectly again. I was conscious of the heat issue when I first placed the router there so I checked it from time to time and it never felt warm but wasn't cool either. after I moved the router the top of the box is now cool to touch which I now know is the way it is meant to be :)

I know most of you will be shaking your head but I honestly didn't think it was to warm, but obviously it is very temp sensitive, hope my stupidity helps someone else, as I was so close to buying another receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I installed and setup www.enigma-tv.com during the week, works pretty well with my Vu+ duo, even over 3G I can watch any channel HD or SD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Villain wrote: »
    I installed and setup www.enigma-tv.com during the week, works pretty well with my Vu+ duo, even over 3G I can watch any channel HD or SD

how much is the licence?

4.99 for the license

4.99 for the license

Is it worth it?

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    Is it worth it?

It depends on a few variables really, firstly how much use you will get from it? I have used my iPhone and laptop to watch one tuner while other tuner is in use on tv by my partner or to watch something in bed. I have found that my wireless and Iphone are hit and miss with apps that connect direct to the Vu+ however with this app it's fine and I don't have to worry whether it's HD or SD.

Then using it over the net is next use, been able to watch my box on the go over 3G is something I will certainly use.

Now you need to consider your broadband upload speed when streaming over the net, my link is a wireless one so is 7mb upload which means I can stream with no issues at full size however on a dsl with 512kb upload or even 1mb upload performance may not be great. However with the iPhone and Android apps you can select the size and frame rate etc to adjust to suit what you have.

It's good software but it's not a finished article and can be buggy at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It depends on a few variables really, firstly how much use you will get from it? I have used my iPhone and laptop to watch one tuner while other tuner is in use on tv by my partner or to watch something in bed. I have found that my wireless and Iphone are hit and miss with apps that connect direct to the Vu+ however with this app it's fine and I don't have to worry whether it's HD or SD.

Then using it over the net is next use, been able to watch my box on the go over 3G is something I will certainly use.

Now you need to consider your broadband upload speed when streaming over the net, my link is a wireless one so is 7mb upload which means I can stream with no issues at full size however on a dsl with 512kb upload or even 1mb upload performance may not be great. However with the iPhone and Android apps you can select the size and frame rate etc to adjust to suit what you have.

It's good software but it's not a finished article and can be buggy at times.

What's the difference between this and the free VU player and the web interface?

Clareman wrote: »
    What's the difference between this and the free VU player and the web interface?

It transcodes the feed so you can use it over slow connections e.g. 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Have also used this and found it very good when I am travelling abroad to access vu+. I have poor upload only 364 kbps and yet it still worked but if you have a decent upload speed you should get good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Need to put a new hdd in my box as the old one failed , just wondering can anyone give me the steps I need to take once I have installed it.
    Do I need to mount it or whats the best way of setting it up? I'm using BH and don't have a clue what I need to do once I have it in the duo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

updated to the latest vix and the subtitle menu that used to be in auido option has disappeared. where it gone as sometimes i get subtitles appearing that need to be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

updated to the latest vix and the subtitle menu that used to be in auido option has disappeared. where it gone as sometimes i get subtitles appearing that need to be turned off.

press the subtitle button on the top of the control

kingtiger wrote: »
    press the subtitle button on the top of the control

i didnt know it had one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

i didnt know it had one :D

indeed :)

either did I

until I upgraded ViX

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't know why but mine works fine over a 3G network, just checked it there and I can watch TV remotely on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

A real pity that they don't have an app for the Ipad1. I hate Apple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

The free Vu+ player (works with most enigma devices) also transcodes if required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuplus.vuplusplayer&hl=en

STB wrote: »
    The free Vu+ player (works with most enigma devices) also transcodes if required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuplus.vuplusplayer&hl=en

It will work with all enigma devices but you have to have 1 VU box connected to it for it to be activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

any word on openvix 4 coming out, been no 3.x updates in 4 weeks, not seen much mention of it online, bar it exists !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Ya thats the thread I saw, nothing useful in it.

Ion: Im normally not one into skinning, but that new sly skin doing the rounds is quite nice. Ive been running stock skin the last year. Its a nice change :)

Blue HD v-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Well there are regular changes to the source code. I cannot see 4 being far off. Although, with the refactoring, I will be staying away from it for a while until the bugs are ironed out.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Ya thats the thread I saw, nothing useful in it.

Ion: Im normally not one into skinning, but that new sly skin doing the rounds is quite nice. Ive been running stock skin the last year. Its a nice change :)

Blue HD v-2

is that on the vix feed as i cant find it?

is that on the vix feed as i cant find it?

No, I grabbed the folder in thread, someone built an ipk for it also, scan the first few pages, the skin updates are pushed into the feeds alright. Nothing new in feeds till vix 4 I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Just to report that the Sony Play TV is working perfect for me with OpenVIX.

I didn't have picons, so I figured out the correct symbolic links required to get it working with the latest ocram picons installed from the feeds. I also created RTE1HD and RTE+1 images (attached)

Install shd.transparent-white no padding version as that is Super HD (XPicon) from Addons>Downloads>Picons

Commands for picons for Irish DVB-t channels:
    cd /picon/
    ln -s tv/3/3e.png 1_0_16_452_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tg4.png 1_0_16_450_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tv3ireland.png 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rtetwohd.png 1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteonehd.png 1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteone+1.png 1_0_16_83C_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png

Cheers for that.

Heres RTE News Now

telnet command

ln -s tv/r/rtenewsnow.png 1_0_16_451_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png

If your picons are on USB in the box, cd /media/usb/picon first.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Just a query until I check it out.

Noticed yesterday that Channel 4HD was greyed out in my DUO and on another box it was breaking up even though signal strength was as good as any other channel.

Any confirm if Channel 4HD is OK with them before I go digging further....

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Channel 4HD fine here, if it's greyed out, it might a tuner configuration problem or conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

dfdream wrote: »
    Just a query until I check it out.

Noticed yesterday that Channel 4HD was greyed out in my DUO and on another box it was breaking up even though signal strength was as good as any other channel.

Any confirm if Channel 4HD is OK with them before I go digging further....

go onto lyngsat, and go to the 28.2e section, and search for c4hd, then do a manual scan for the freq/polarisation/fec listed next to it, and you should get a number of channels that are picked up. then go to the last scanned section of the epg, and see if you can see any of the other channels on that transponder.

if you are having problems on other channels there, then it might be a problem with your cable, or the sat might be just the smallest bit out.

If the cable to the second box is a separate cable plugged into another connector on the LNB, then it might be the sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

I just got a VU+ Duo from my friend, he knows nothing about satellite tv and had the box installed for him a year ago.

Is there any way to tell if the box is a clone or original through the menus or via a plugin? I don't really want to open the box up but I have suspicions about it being a clone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement