Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 polomora

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I have a duo running vix the last 3 years guys and it performs brilliantly

Recently i switched to an Android phonee and downloaded the vu app from google play

I can access my duo while on my home network via wifi

What i want to do is to be able to access the duo when outside my home network to be able to set recordings

I have a static ip from upc but need to open a port on my router to achieve this

When my access my router admin i am asked to enter public port range and target port range

Does anyone know what i should enter for these values?

I tried to enter 80 for both values but get an error thats says

"Error converting one or more entries"

Any ideas where im going wrong guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Instead for forwarding port ranges, you should be doing single port forwarding. This is normally found under the NAT section of your router.

Then you set it up like:

[PHP]External Port > Internal Port > Forward to internal IP
    80 > 80 > 192.168.1.3(this is your Vu IP)[/PHP]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have a duo running vix the last 3 years guys and it performs brilliantly

Recently i switched to an Android phonee and downloaded the vu app from google play

I can access my duo while on my home network via wifi

What i want to do is to be able to access the duo when outside my home network to be able to set recordings

I have a static ip from upc but need to open a port on my router to achieve this

When my access my router admin i am asked to enter public port range and target port range

Does anyone know what i should enter for these values?

I tried to enter 80 for both values but get an error thats says

"Error converting one or more entries"

Any ideas where im going wrong guys?

Have you set up port 80 already to access your router or other local device remotely? You could set the public port to something like 8000 and then set the local port to 80 for the ip of your duo. You would then access via your static ip followed by:8000 eg 10.10.10.10:8000

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Thanks for the input guys

Instead of entering 80 into my UPC router which gave me the error, i entered 80-80 in both fields and it works. (This is on my duo)

Another quick question:

I have another 3 sat boxes in the House which i also want to be able to remotely access

My question is:

Can i use port 80 for these 3 boxes or must each box have its own port?

Thanks guys

• Advertisement

Yes, use 80 on the boxes, but on the router forward different external ports to the internals Vu's. E.g.

[PHP]External -> Internal
    8080 -> Vu1-ip port 80
    8081 -> Vu2-ip port 80
    8082 -> Vu2-ip port 80[/PHP]

Also, make sure you enable http authentication on each of the Vu boxes, otherwise anyone on the internet can access your web interface.

Actually, thinking about it. When you are accessing from the outside world, you should really be using https which means not using port 80. This prevents your password being transmitted as plain text when logging in remotely.

So in OpenWebIf config, turn ON https, and now port forward to that port instead of port 80 on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

MyMetrix skin

Looks like capa has done a lot of work making this compatible.

Currently having fun using this skin on Black Hole image and was wondering where do I get XPicons for 28.2E and RTE DTT channels?

Can anyone recommend a DVB-T usb tuner that works well with Vix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Hi guys I've been getting a bit of freezing on my duo lately on some channels. Just wondering what the sat tuners setting should be? Simple etc..
    Cheers mick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hi guys I've been getting a bit of freezing on my duo lately on some channels. Just wondering what the sat tuners setting should be? Simple etc..
    Cheers mick

What is your setup? Single sat at 28.2? Multisat? Diseqc switched? Motorized?
    Sat tuner setup type, assuming it was previously working okay and you haven't changed anything would have no bearing on freezing/glitching.
    Has your dish been moved by the high winds recently? Or even slightly loosened? Is your LNB arm stable and solid? High winds can wobble the arm and cause freezing too.
    What channels are glitching? Are they FTA or PayTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Single SAT on 28.2

It was on pay tv.. I changed to using a different version of the channel and it seems to have sorted itself out

Cheers,
    Mick
    banie01 wrote: »
    What is your setup? Single sat at 28.2? Multisat? Diseqc switched? Motorized?
    Sat tuner setup type, assuming it was previously working okay and you haven't changed anything would have no bearing on freezing/glitching.
    Has your dish been moved by the high winds recently? Or even slightly loosened? Is your LNB arm stable and solid? High winds can wobble the arm and cause freezing too.
    What channels are glitching? Are they FTA or PayTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

having a problem with my HDD .Its stops working and has to be initialized again .It was working fine until a few weeks ago.
    What could be the problem or anyone the steps I should take to resolve the issue?
    I only use it for recordings ,have a USB for EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Am using a PCTV Nanostick T2 (290e) and find it 100%. Have tried others in the past and they failed miserably. This one work spot on. No black screens, crashes or failed recordings.
    I have a spare one from my old DUO (have a DUO2 with 4 SAT and 1 DVBT so no need for other 290e). If interested PM me...

These are in demand an out of stock everywhere...

http://www.dabs.ie/products/pctv-systems-nanostick-t2-290e-dvb-t2-77KG.html

D

Thanks for the response guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

sony playtv, twin tuner.

stanley1 wrote: »
    sony playtv, twin tuner.

Just ordered one on eBay. 45 euro delivered which is good for a twin tuner. More of these should be available now that the PlayTV is not compatible with the new PS4.

I think it's the Hauppauge drivers that are suitable, something like dib0700 in download plugins /drivers.

Got one in CEX Limerick last week for €32.
    Swapped for a load of old DVDs. It works 100%.
    Great having 2 tuners. Will see if nanostick works at same time...
    I recorded RTE1 and 2 HD at same time no bother at all...

Works with no issues

Result..
    Just ordered one on eBay. 45 euro delivered which is good for a twin tuner. More of these should be available now that the PlayTV is not compatible with the new PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Mr_D

dfdream wrote: »
    Am using a PCTV Nanostick T2 (290e) and find it 100%. Have tried others in the past and they failed miserably. This one work spot on. No black screens, crashes or failed recordings.
    I have a spare one from my old DUO (have a DUO2 with 4 SAT and 1 DVBT so no need for other 290e). If interested PM me...

These are in demand an out of stock everywhere...

http://www.dabs.ie/products/pctv-systems-nanostick-t2-290e-dvb-t2-77KG.html

D

@dfdream,
    Since you have experience of both the PCTV Nanostick (and other external USB tuners) and the vu+ DVBT in your Duo 2, how do they actually compare in terms of functionality, performance, integration with the receiver, etc. I am currently considering whether to get a Duo 2 with the DVB-C/T module or a Solo 2 with a reliable USB external DVB-T tuner like the PCTV nanostick.

Anyone else on the forum with relevant info on the above?

Mr_D

Mr_D, I used an old Terratec T2 tuner with my Vu+ Duo running Black Hole in the past. It worked perfectly for me, with one minor caveat that I had to do a rescan of the channels every few weeks. Since that takes about 5 seconds, it wasn't a problem for me.

Recording etc, worked perfect. The only problem for me, was that, that particular brand of tuner doesn't work with OpenVIX.

Well MrD Im a big fan of the DUO2 (bar the issue with transcoding).
    Currently 4 Sat Tuners and PlayTV with 2 DVBT tuners.
    Maybe the extra power in the DUO2/SOLO might have been the reason that my DVBT woes are gone but if its the tuners then they both get my recommendation. Would favour the Play TV as it has 2 tuners.

The DUO2 is expensive but its a beast. Buy well and last longer is my thinking.

Im glad I got extra sat tuners as I ow connect 2 rapsberry Pis (SD works best though) so I still have tuners to watch tv and record...
    Mr_D wrote: »
    @dfdream,
    Since you have experience of both the PCTV Nanostick (and other external USB tuners) and the vu+ DVBT in your Duo 2, how do they actually compare in terms of functionality, performance, integration with the receiver, etc. I am currently considering whether to get a Duo 2 with the DVB-C/T module or a Solo 2 with a reliable USB external DVB-T tuner like the PCTV nanostick.

Anyone else on the forum with relevant info on the above?

Mr_D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

dnme wrote: »
    Same here. The newer versions of VIX seem to be a little resource hungry. I regularly see the spinning VIX in the top left corner, even sometimes for the simple act of changing channels. The VU+Duo is under specified IMO, You'd swear that things like memory and processing power were rare and expensive. The VIX image itself has always been buggy. There are still bugs in terms of functionality and usability.

Did you ever sort out this issue, its getting worse for me, I have reflashed the box several times and set it up again from scratch but get the spinning vix within minutes. I tried enabling a swap file, have only essential plugins installed and have cacheflush installed, but still it freezes every minute, it also reboots every now and then, and interrupts recordings, the wife is on my case bigtime about it now, need to sort something out soon. is there another userfriendly image I could use? or is it possible to flash an old version of vix before 3.0 as it was perfect before I updated a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yabadabado wrote: »
    having a problem with my HDD .Its stops working and has to be initialized again .It was working fine until a few weeks ago.
    What could be the problem or anyone the steps I should take to resolve the issue?
    I only use it for recordings ,have a USB for EPG.

Bump
    any know what's wrong?Same problem again today .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotts

Dotts wrote: »
    Did you ever sort out this issue, its getting worse for me, I have reflashed the box several times and set it up again from scratch but get the spinning vix within minutes. I tried enabling a swap file, have only essential plugins installed and have cacheflush installed, but still it freezes every minute, it also reboots every now and then, and interrupts recordings, the wife is on my case bigtime about it now, need to sort something out soon. is there another userfriendly image I could use? or is it possible to flash an old version of vix before 3.0 as it was perfect before I updated a few months back.

Flashed blackhole and setup but still getting periodic freezes, I guess it a problem with the box? anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

power supply could be going.

Just to report that the Sony Play TV is working perfect for me with OpenVIX.

I didn't have picons, so I figured out the correct symbolic links required to get it working with the latest ocram picons installed from the feeds. I also created RTE1HD and RTE+1 images (attached)

Install shd.transparent-white no padding version as that is Super HD (XPicon) from Addons>Downloads>Picons

Commands for picons for Irish DVB-t channels:
    cd /picon/
    ln -s tv/3/3e.png 1_0_16_452_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tg4.png 1_0_16_450_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tv3ireland.png 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rtetwohd.png 1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteonehd.png 1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteone+1.png 1_0_16_83C_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Just to report that the Sony Play TV is working perfect for me with OpenVIX.

I didn't have picons, so I figured out the correct symbolic links required to get it working with the latest ocram picons installed from the feeds. I also created RTE1HD and RTE+1 images (attached)

Install shd.transparent-white no padding version as that is Super HD (XPicon) from Addons>Downloads>Picons

Commands for picons for Irish DVB-t channels:
    cd /picon/
    ln -s tv/3/3e.png 1_0_16_452_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tg4.png 1_0_16_450_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/t/tv3ireland.png 1_0_16_44F_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rtetwohd.png 1_0_19_44E_3E9_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteonehd.png 1_0_19_835_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    ln -s tv/r/rteone+1.png 1_0_16_83C_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png

Hi,

How do you add the RTE picons to 'shd.transparent-white no padding' or are they already added there?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just FTP them over after you have installed the picons addon. They will be somewhere like /picon/tv/r/ in flash memory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement