Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

If I ever come across something like that office deal I am clearing the shelf and putting them up for cost to boardsies.
    Couldnt leave them sitting there, and selling them for profit is bad buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Pink Lever arch folders 28c each
    Papermate Flexgrip Ballpoint Pens, 5 Pack 56c
    Tesco Stillorgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Tesco brand 1600 w Max Vacuum cleaner in Monaghan yesterday for 10.63....cant be that bad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

extra naas today spotted these
    511lfu4mJzL.jpg

for €15 reduced from 45, i have one on my laptop and its a massive improvement over the standard speakers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z205-Laptop-Speaker-Black/dp/B004QTBPYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350652252&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

lesnol wrote: »
    Pink Lever arch folders 28c each
    Papermate Flexgrip Ballpoint Pens, 5 Pack 56c
    Tesco Stillorgan
    in drogheda too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tesco Clare Hall

Massive reduced to clear on the tools and hardware shelves. Also paints (Dulux reduced to 6 euros, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    extra naas today spotted these

for €15 reduced from 45, i have one on my laptop and its a massive improvement over the standard speakers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z205-Laptop-Speaker-Black/dp/B004QTBPYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350652252&sr=8-1

oooh any of these in Clarehall i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Thanks to Nanazolie I just spent 190 in the hardware section of Clarehall. Karcher steamer for wooden floors and all other smaller things 95 from 360 but check on web said 280. Dulux 5 litre 10 from 42. B&D electric saw 23 from 80. Too many other small things to mention but defo worth the run!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A load of bits & bobs clearing in New Ross,garden stuff from 9c to €3,I got a seccateurs for €1.09. Ice scrapers were 50c,they were still filling baskets with a variety of stuff as I was leaving.

Some toys reduced to clear but you may do a bit of hunting,picked up Thor for €2.10 reduced from €11.99,some Star Wars & WWE figures also reduced.

Bluetooth earpieces for €10.No excuses for having the phone to your ear when driving if you can get one these so cheap.

They were setting up another clearance section while I was there but hadn't started to stock it.

No Office 2007 left,one box on shelf but none in stock.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Saorview compatible box this style €40 in tesco Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its available in all branches (I think). Lucan, Celbridge, Naas and Maynooth have it. Curiously its not with the electricals in any of the branches- the stand in Maynooth is at the end of the magazines for example......

Next thing- I'm going to have to try to figure how to get sufficient signal strength to get this damn thing to work- its tuning in the channels and radio- but only only outputting sound- error 'Insufficient signal to lock', or 'Channel not tuned'- but it'll still give sound. Occasionally it does display picture- but pixilated, and freezing. I guess I'm not going to have RTE come next Thursday.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its available in all branches (I think). Lucan, Celbridge, Naas and Maynooth have it. Curiously its not with the electricals in any of the branches- the stand in Maynooth is at the end of the magazines for example......

Next thing- I'm going to have to try to figure how to get sufficient signal strength to get this damn thing to work- its tuning in the channels and radio- but only only outputting sound- error 'Insufficient signal to lock', or 'Channel not tuned'- but it'll still give sound. Occasionally it does display picture- but pixilated, and freezing. I guess I'm not going to have RTE come next Thursday.......

Are you sure your on the right channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Take the Saorview chat elsewhere lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I guess I'm not going to have RTE come next Thursday.......

Some people would pay for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

smccarrick wrote: »

I'll just finish off by saying this product definitely works in Limerick, perhaps somebody on the terrestrial forums can help you with your saorview problems.

Also I found it at the end of the technology aisle in Arthur's Quay situated on the shelf above the official "saorview approved" STB's (that cost €79) so not exactly a strange place to be finding them

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Nivea For Men Skin Energy Shaving Gel Instant Effect Q10 200ml 79c
    Tesco Dundrum

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Is that Saorview approved ? Saw it in Douglas and didn't see the logo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭CH3OH

energizer-panic-alarm-and-led-light-1_1.jpg
    This Energizer panic alarm and led light was reduced to €2 in Arklow. A few left on the shelf in the section with lightbulbs and torches.
    Handy security device if out walking

2 Logitech m235 ( 1 silver and 1 blue)mice appeared on the shelf today for €8.(I bought both).
    Might reappear in other stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

Picked up the jump leads in Tralee for €6.80 still a couple left. Didn't see the rechargable duracels at all.

the 25 spindle of TDK dvd-r are €3.50 down from €11.99 or DVD+R for €3.00 but there was none on the shelf......no change there.

Half price Nolans Smoked Salmon €2.99 170g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gormal wrote: »
    Picked up the jump leads in Tralee for €6.80 still a couple left.
    Great deal if they are the 16mm2 ones.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »

have no idea, would have to look at them again but they were €28 originally. Will probably never use them :p

Gormal wrote: »
    have no idea, would have to look at them again but they were €28 originally. Will probably never use them :p
    Sounds like them so. They were reduced to €13.60 when i posted them.

Better to have them than to need them! :)

Edit: If they have knocked another 50% off the 12V air compressor, it would now be an absolute bargain at €4.80....

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Esel wrote: »

They are the 16mm2 ones- its printed every couple of inches on both black and red cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭baldshin

Air compressors are indeed now down to 4.80. Also hot various car cleaning bits for 75% off. Got the saorview €39 box too, good price for it!

baldshin wrote: »
    Air compressors are indeed now down to €4.80.
    They are great to have in the boot. At that price, buy two! They are small, and do burn out eventually, so good to have a spare if you're stuck. Recommended to only run it for 10 minutes at a time, then allow to cool down before re-use. I haven't had to change a wheel in over 20 years....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Tesco Midleton earlier but couldn't remember what bargains to look out for:( And then I couldn't connect to boards.ie my phone to check:( Could do with a set of jump leads so if anyone has seen them in any cork store can they let me know! I did see the little air compressor for €4.80 but didn't get one as wasn't sure what they were for:o But it sounds like I could have done with one. The mops were 87c so got one of them. Nothing much else of note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Mops in Midleton are 87c now
    They're not great but for 87c they do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Tesco own jug water filter (their version of Brita) reduced from €14 to €3 in Ashbourne today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

parsi wrote: »
    Is that Saorview approved ? Saw it in Douglas and didn't see the logo .
    No. As with all electricals keep the receipt for two years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

24 cans of miller in carlow for 20 euro!!! Good best before date 06/13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

The phillips LED lights are reduced, the ones that replace ceiling spots are down to 10 euro for the dimmable and 8 euro for the non dimmable. Marked full price on the shelf in Sligo.

baldshin wrote: »
    Air compressors are indeed now down to 4.80. Also hot various car cleaning bits for 75% off. Got the saorview €39 box too, good price for it!

Now that I NEED! Time to hit Killarney ;)

dingding wrote: »
    Previous post is spam, dont click the link
    That post is now deleted. Thanks for the heads up, btw.

Not your ornery onager

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No jump leads in cork Douglas or wilton :(

Douglas has demon Shine (car shine stuff) marked @ 5 scanning at 2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Went a bit mad today! Tescos clarehall seem to have marked down aload of the stanley and black and decker stuff...I got the end of most the cheap stuff in clarehall..

Anyway

Black and Decker RT650VA dremel type tool:
    (no marking on shelf: LAST ONE) RRP from littlewoods: €72..Tesco €15

225290.JPG

Rad/Meter key type thing: 0.55c

225291.JPG

Black and Decker laser level: Was €34 now €8.50

225292.JPG

Black and decker Piranha grinding discs: marked now to €2.25
    Black and decker Piranha wood drill bits: marked now to €2

225293.JPG

Hose brush for car (Tesco) - €0.50
    Simonz Microfibre cloth - €0.56

225294.JPG

• Advertisement

CONTD:

Stanley phase tester: €1.25
    Stanley junior hacksaw: €2
    Stanley scalpel blades €1.25

225295.JPG

....as above I had been in to grab the cheap jump leads and compressor but.......

Compressor marked and scanning @ €18 in Clarehall

Jump Leads marked and scanning @ €20 in Clarehall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I had a look in Wilton too and there was "extra long" jump leads but scanned at 20 euro. Are these the same ones other people were getting cheap?

Redisle wrote: »
    I had a look in Wilton too and there was "extra long" jump leads but scanned at 20 euro. Are these the same ones other people were getting cheap?

Yep.. sounds like them! but they had only put them on offer in Tralee within the last 2 weeks (Tralee doesn't stock much as it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

Karcher window vacuum - model wv 50...... 34.99 .... Cheapest price anywhere at the mo... got it in Tesco Clearwater ...
    RRP 81.50 but on sale for 57.99 Eur in Argos
    Real handy and tons of good reviews on Argos website.
    Can use it on windows, take condensation off windows, way car windows, showers/baths etc helps stop mould.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Tesco Ashbourne.

FireAngel smoke alarms reduced from €11 odd to €2.75 (bought 2, 1 left)

Discovery Eco Efficient Paper A4 70 g.m2 500 sheets per pack reduced to €1
    About 50 packs left

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mazzybabsxx

Picked up last of discovery paper in tramore but it was priced full price but scanned in at €1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭CH3OH

51Sk3zo2V6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Avery labels 100 sheets x 14 labels
    Around €27 on Amazon
    Picked up a pack of these in Arklow
    Reduced to €8

Couple of packs left . Located below ink cartridges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Denby everyday dessert plates in mushroom are marked on the shelf as 10c in Wilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Crayola Glow Book €20.00 in Wexford, are €28.00 in Snyths and Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mazzybabsxx

Also in tramore they were selling off 2 man tents for 3.50 a little while back was up there today and there were a couple up high on the top shelf... not sure of price now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lots of the €1 printer paper left in Dun Laoghaire.

also spotted:

5 Bic Crystal pens (hanging on a plastic strip, barcode ending 756) for 70c
    Tent Pegs 80c
    Kids Airbed (Pink/Blue) €3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

What type of paper is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one of those packs of 500 A4 sheets, nothing fancy, but hard to resist at that price, usually anywhere from €3-€5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

one of those packs of 500 A4 sheets, nothing fancy, but hard to resist at that price, usually anywhere from €3-€5.

Yeh but what Brand, Tesco? HP?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement