Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options
  • 04-12-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Got my bfp 10 days ago, due August 3rd.

Already trying to make excuses for not drinking over Christmas is hard!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bibiche

Congratulations Dobbit! I'm due August 6th, and hoping that hyperemesis doesn't rear its ugly head around the holidays. Here's to a healthy 9 months ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats bibiche!

This is my first so I've no idea what to expect re morning sickness. Had a few days with mild nausea but nothing too bad yet.

Booked my first scan for mid January today too and then we can start telling the wider world!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi guys,

I got my BFP on Tuesday.

This is my first so I have no clue what to expect.

I am the same re: thinking up excuses for not drinking over xmas.

I have been feeling a little sick too but nothing too bad yet. I am worried the worst is yet to come.

I am feeling very tired though!!

It is killing me not telling anyone though!! How do people wait 12 weeks ha

Welcome cowlove! (deadly username, haha!)

I'm the same re feeling sick, I'm so worried I'm going to wake up one day and just be puking for 6 weeks solid!!

We told my parents two days after we found out because I had a zillion questions for my mam! His family and my sister we are telling on Christmas Eve (will be around 9 weeks by then so bit safer).

I haven't even been to the doctor yet. I plan to go next week.

I will tell my parents soon enough (i think my mum will not be able to keep it quiet -1st grandchild!).

And I'd say we will tell our families over xmas too :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations cowlove, great to see more people joining in :)

This is my 2nd pregnancy, but to be honest i'm not feeling the wisdom of "been there done that" yet! I did tell my parents and my in-laws the news already, I remember waiting for 9 weeks to pass last time. Looks like there'll be lots of good news announced around Christmas time with you both :) I've been a long-term floater on the boards' parenting forums, and this place is a wealth of information & good advice!

Have my GP appointment booked for Monday & will probably register with the hospital soon after that. No nausea yet, thank God!

bibiche wrote: »
    Have my GP appointment booked for Monday & will probably register with the hospital soon after that. No nausea yet, thank God!

How did the GP go? I have crazy nausea this week. I'm eating so much cheese and crackers to stave it off. I'll be the size of a house before I even begin to show at this rate.

I registered with Holles Street a few weeks ago online but I got nothing in the post, not sure if that's normal..? I tried to call them to check and nothing but voicemail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snookercues

Hi all

New to this. Got by BFP on Sunday - by the internet, I am due 8 August.... have to get it confirmed by GP on Thursday!

I've had a bit of a rollercoaster TTC ride, so praying this will go ok... Had fertility issues with my DH (had a miscarriage in 2009, only time I got preg :(...)... we ended up separating... have been with my partner for a year, and boom - BFP!

Now am in total shock! Just praying its going to be ok.

Congrats Snookercues! Sorry to hear about your previous troubles, touch wood all will go smoothly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Hey everyone so happy to join got my bfp last Thursday. Went to doctor this morning to confirm. He's sending me for an early scan due to previous miscarriage. I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Hi Everyone,

Huge congratulations on the BFPs!! I got mine today (well I got about 7 today lol). Its very early days though so fingers crossed. We have been ttc for 6 months. So excited to be part of this thread.:)

Welcome random10 and chakademus, quite a group of us August mums to be already!

Dobbit wrote: »
    How did the GP go? I have crazy nausea this week. I'm eating so much cheese and crackers to stave it off. I'll be the size of a house before I even begin to show at this rate.

I registered with Holles Street a few weeks ago online but I got nothing in the post, not sure if that's normal..? I tried to call them to check and nothing but voicemail :(

GP visit went well Dobbit. Just got asked the standard questions about the first date of my last period and when did I take a pregnancy test. Looks like I'm 5 weeks along. I also signed the Combined Care form, as I'd like to be put on the Domino Scheme again this time around. Booked an appointment for the flu vaccination in 2 weeks time, and left 60 euro poorer!

I'm sure you've probably already done this, but if you registered online with Holles Street, maybe check your spam folder in case they sent you correspondence via email. Alternatively, you could try calling another department in the hospital & ask if they could put you through to the section that deals with appointments. I've no experience myself with Holles Street, I'm with the Coombe, and with my last pregnancy it took approx. 2 weeks for my first appointment letter to come through the post.

Sorry to hear abt your nausea. You're doing the right thing by eating anything that you feel will keep that horrible feeling at bay. I've been having a weird couple of days in the sense that I'm always starving. Today I had dinner at 5.30pm, and then again at 8pm :-/ I don't want to think about what my weight gain will be over the next 9 months :(

Also, hello and congratulations to the newcomers!! :D

bibiche wrote: »
    Sorry to hear abt your nausea. You're doing the right thing by eating anything that you feel will keep that horrible feeling at bay. I've been having a weird couple of days in the sense that I'm always starving. Today I had dinner at 5.30pm, and then again at 8pm :-/ I don't want to think about what my weight gain will be over the next 9 months :(

I am eating so much as well! Surprisingly I've only gained 1/2 lbs so far but I'm eating everything in sight. I've completely gone off chocolate though. My husband seems to think it's ok for him to also eat everything, because I am, and is gaining weight too. I've tried to tell him that's not how it works but he is a bit tone deaf on it.

I bought some of those travel sickness bands yesterday and they made a huge difference today. They didn't quell it completely but much more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Hi ladies, just jumping over from the 'Due August 2014' thread.

Exciting times ahead. Hoping you all have safe, healthy and easy pregnancies. I was so excited to find out last year. I just hibernated at Christmas for the most part. I had a really easy pregnancy so hoping the same for yee. My boys snuck in July 31st though at 36 wks. Much different Christmas so this year with 2 small babies, I'll be begging for babysitters!!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to all the new ppl on the thread and thanks for the lovely message llambert. I hope you have a great christmas.

I just had my doctors appointment this morning. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I thought I was 4 weeks so I am further along then I thought.

My due date is 7/08/2015.

I have been feeling a bit sick the last few days but I feel fine today.

Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi all,

I was getting quite a few symptoms (sore breasts, a bit of nausea, metallic taste in my mouth, dry lips??) so I did an early test (AF not due for 3 more days) and got a BFP this morning! I'm due near the end of August, so about 3 1/2 weeks along.

Christmas is going to be a bit of a pain this year. Who to tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Congrats Macha and everyone. I had my Doctors appointment and my test came up negative. She told me to drop a sample in to her the following morning and she rang about an hour later to say that three tests had come up positive. I wasn't disappointed when the negative came up because I just know I am. So bloated its atrocious.

Told my sister during the weekend, too scared to tell anyone else at this early stage though. Nervous about the excuses I'll be making up to get out of the drinking oer the Nollag.. I just know someone will ask. EEkkk!!

Congrats Macha!

I'm so glad I've only this week to make it through in work before the holidays, the train into work is becoming an endurance test each day and there's never any seats which would help enormously!

Feeling so tired at the moment, the house hasn't been cleaned properly in weeks because I just can't move. I got home from town yesterday at around half 3 and had to lie down til 7. Also have a bad flare up of gingivitis which I'm told can happen a lot in pregnancy.

When is the glowing earth mother bit again??

• Advertisement

Dobbit wrote: »
    Congrats Macha!

I'm so glad I've only this week to make it through in work before the holidays, the train into work is becoming an endurance test each day and there's never any seats which would help enormously!

Feeling so tired at the moment, the house hasn't been cleaned properly in weeks because I just can't move. I got home from town yesterday at around half 3 and had to lie down til 7. Also have a bad flare up of gingivitis which I'm told can happen a lot in pregnancy.

When is the glowing earth mother bit again??

Oh God I am glad I am not the only one. I am so tired!

I am sitting here willing it to be Friday! I am so happy to have the xmas holidays coming up!

My doctor discovered a kidney infection too so I am on antibiotics for that.

I just want to stay under the duvet lol

Finally got my first appointment date from Holles Street, end of January, just shy of 14 weeks gone at that point.

We have a private scan in mid January so if all looks well from that I think I will tell work then. I don't think I'm going to be able to hide it by 14 weeks...

Hi girls,

I got my date for my scan. 18/02/2015. I will be 17 weeks by then :eek:

I rang the doctor and she said some hospitals dont do the 1st scan till 22 weeks.

How much do private scans cost? I think I will have to try and book in for one. I don't really want to wait until im 17weeks.

It depends on what you're looking for, there's different types. We are getting a Nuchal Fold scan to test for any abnormalities and it's 250 euro (luckily I have good cover through work so I can claim it back later) but there are more basic early pregnancy ones for around 100.

We are going with Merrion Fetal Health but I also heard good things about the Irish Fetal Foundation, both have prices and scan descriptions on their websites.

Thanks Dobbit.

I am in Galway and I see there is a place near me that does early scans for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

cowlove I see you're in Galway County, if you're in the East-ish side of it I would highly recommend going to scanme.ie Mullingar. It's €100 for an early reassurance scan (before 12 weeks), we've just had a second anomaly scan with her (she's completely lovely) and you get a discounted rate for second/third scans with her. My friend who also got her first appointment scheduled for 16/17 weeks went to her in the interim.

Have you called the hospital though to see if you can reschedule the appointment? My gp told me that the hospital I'm attending are very flexible with moving appointments, I got mine changed from 16 weeks to 12 weeks exactly. I know of at least 5 people who have chosen to go to Mullingar to her rather than the nearer Galway option...she's really, really nice.

Edit: posted at the same time as you :)

Thanks sb!

Mullingar could be an option to me.

I suppose I should try the hospital first and see can they move the date.

:)

cowlove wrote: »
    Thanks Dobbit.

I am in Galway and I see there is a place near me that does early scans for €100.

oops, I need to stop thinking the whole world revolves around Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

hi everyone

I got my positive on Wednesday and had it confirmed by the GP on Friday. Due on August 26 so I scrape into the August group by the skin of my teeth, I'm about 4 1/2 weeks along. This is my and hubbys first little bundle so we've no clue what to expect. Really happy to be joining the group. Excited and nervous at the same time!! No real symptoms yet apart from needing to pee a lot and sore boobs. Here's to a healthy 9 months ahead for us all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

firstly Congrats all, found out myself last week and have doc appointment on Tues. this might be a stupid question but what do people look for when choosing hospital? anywhere in Dublin really isn't a problem, but does it really matter where you go?

Advertisement