Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

This post may be TMI, sorry!

So I'm not due for another 18 days but was told at last checkup baby was very low and might go early. Didn't pay too much heed to it but period-like cramps since earlier on plus I have the runs :-( and quite a bit of mucous / discharge throughout the day. Don't want to get my hopes up but I wonder is something happening?! Gonna try to sleep anyway and see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh very exciting! I do know that the mucus plug can go a few days-weeks before labour starts. Lots of women do have diarrhoea just beforehand though, fingers crossed for you! Do you have your bag packed?

Hi nothing to report this morning so it may have been a false alarm! Prob just wishful thinking to go so early on a first baby. Ah yeah bags are packed a while now, just in case. Hope everyone is sleeping ok / not too fed up, this last stretch is HARD!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My plug in my first went almost a week before hand others never lose it. But honestly (coming from the girl obsessing over going into early labour) you will know when it happens - I did!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I'm in such an odd place with this pregnancy stuff right now. I've only just started to look properly pregnant, so am trying to enjoy looking good and not just a bit pudgy around the middle. But at the same time my body is falling apart :p Between the heartburn, tiny appetite, pelvic pain, muscle pain, insomnia, and inability to breathe or bend properly I'm so OVER this...but I just started to look all nice and pregnant!! I are conflicted :p I thought for one brief moment Saturday night that something was starting and had a total "omg not yet" moment, so I need to remember that to make me appreciate these last 4 (6 at most) weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Heading to the hospital on Wednesday and they are doing a sweep, that started me with my first... They are also going to give me a date for induction.... Hope to have my little woman before the week is out... Im just so tired, worn out and feel massive... we are all getting close

First day of maternity leave spent in bed - playing computer games :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Bit of drama on Sunday, couldn't get baby to move, not normally a problem as she's v.active. Dash to the hospital, put on a trace which showed a 'textbook heart rate' & a scan showed she was moving but I couldn't feel it due to how she was lying. Hospital were brill, v.reassuring, didn't make me feel silly for coming in. They gave me a kick chart & the attention seeker hasn't stopped moving since :rolleyes:
    I was with my midwife this morning & all was good. She's sending me back into the hospital on Friday for a consultant's appointment to 'make a plan' for my delivery. Hate that I'm being treated as high risk because of my previous section & I've a feeling I'm in for a fight to prevent any interventions. So long as me & baby are ok I want a hands off approach.

Ms2011 exact same happened to me a few weeks ago - almost as soon as they put the trace on the baby started kicking like mad! Definitely right to get checked though

All well on my front too - man does this baby kick hard!!!

• Advertisement

Ms2011 exact same happened to me a few weeks ago - almost as soon as they put the trace on the baby started kicking like mad! Definitely right to get checked though

Definately worth the piece of mind & the hospital would rather you go in ten times with a false alarm than sit at home & something be wrong, could never forgive myself if that happened!!

You're defo right to go in Ms2011, we did the same a few months back and there's nothing like having peace of mind. Babies just trying to make eejits of us! Am I right in thinking you're in the Coombe too? They're very good in there I think. Not many days left in March now, wonder who will go first out of the group?! So exciting :-D

Do we think anyone will have an April fools day baby? Mildly entertaining trick to play on your other half/ family for a few minutes!

Yes I'm going to the Coombe, couldn't praise them enough. We had out little fella with us because I didn't want to take the time to drop him at my sister's as I just wanted to get to the hospital plus I didn't want to worry anyone until I knew what was what, the staff were lovely to him chatted away to him & brought him up biscuits & milk from the canteen.

My due date by the hospital is the 4th but it should be the 6th by my dates. If I'm left alone I doubt I'll be the first to go as we tend to go over in my family. So long as I get by the 8th ( little man's birthday) I won't mind :)

My sweep hasnt worked as of yet, I have to go in next Thursday the 2nd to be induced, so at least I have an end date in sight... on a different note, my sister is an April Fool's baby.....

Ms2011 wrote: »
    the staff were lovely to him chatted away to him & brought him up biscuits & milk from the canteen.

Aw that's lovely fair play to them. Spent a couple of hours in Tallaght hosp yesterday with the other half and even though the staff were run off their feet and understaffed, they couldn't have been nicer.

Gonzp, fingers crossed you'll go yourself before next Thursday. So amazing to know for sure you'll have your little bundle by then.

Was only saying the other day nobody would believe us if we went in on April Fools, it would be so funny!

Gonzp wrote: »
    My sweep hasnt worked as of yet, I have to go in next Thursday the 2nd to be induced, so at least I have an end date in sight... on a different note, my sister is an April Fool's baby.....

Best of luck with the induction, looks like you could be our first April mammy :)

Good luck on the 2nd If not sooner!

Oh I love a good nap :-) just awake and feeling good....cue music from Diet Coke ad (I think)

My legs are so swollen, they look awful :( It's very disheartening to see every time I look at them, and nothing is comfortable all jeans and socks dig into them :(

• Advertisement

Leggings are amazing....not sexy but comfy! legs up and plenty of water and little if no salt. Feel better

bp wrote: »
    Leggings are amazing....not sexy but comfy! legs up and plenty of water and little if no salt. Feel better

I'm away at the moment and forgot my leggings, but tbh I hate wearing leggings when it's not winter, I don't have light tops or jumpers long enough to cover my ass and I refuse to be one of those people who think leggings are legitimate pants. I feel sh!t about myself when I look sh!t, so it's a vicious circle at the mo. I've had it for ages and the whole legs up thing doesn't make any difference, and I can only drink so much water with this bum squishing my stomach.

I was just having a whinge, nothing is shifting it so just needed a rant :o

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Sounds like we're all at that ratty stage, we're fed up with all the symptoms and side effects we'd just be glad to meet our bundles and let the next chapter begin.

I won't miss testing my sugars seven times a day, injecting insulin five times a day, struggling to put on my socks and shoes, pain and numbness in my hands and the general feeling of being uncomfortable.

That said, I don't have heartburn or swollen legs or ankles or hip or back pain, so that's a positive.

nirvana78 wrote: »
    Sounds like we're all at that ratty stage, we're fed up with all the symptoms and side effects we'd just be glad to meet our bundles and let the next chapter begin.

I won't miss testing my sugars seven times a day, injecting insulin five times a day, struggling to put on my socks and shoes, pain and numbness in my hands and the general feeling of being uncomfortable.

That said, I don't have heartburn or swollen legs or ankles or hip or back pain, so that's a positive.

Hit the nail on the head nirvana, RATTY!

See hearing about your sugars/insulin stuff makes me appreciate my minor swelling ailment, I think it's a really good thing to see the positives in the symptoms you have. I don't have very bad hip pain or anything, and my carpal tunnel went away, which is great. And I don't have to get up to go to the bathroom at night, and have never gotten a kick into my bladder (just my ribs). If I could just put on shoes and socks and move easily I'd be delighted, but if it would just stop raining and warm up at least I could just wear flats and I'd feel 100 times better!

I hear you spotty bananas, this has been my toughest pregnancy and as my kind doctor pointed out yesterday (as if I needed reminding) I'm not young. I'm 37.....

My doctor is so kind, I was feeling pretty crap but still quite upbeat at my last appointment and she kept saying "I have such sympathy for you, the last weeks are HORRIBLE. Everyone thinks it's lovely to be off work but the last weeks are HORRIBLE". A bit of sympathy makes a lot of it better :)

• Advertisement

My doctor told me 'that is pregnancy for you' - thanks!! I love being in constant pain and unable to walk properly! Only a few weeks to go :-)

Now to kick my snoring hubby and throw his phone which he didn't put on silent out the window :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

The last few weeks are the worst, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow & even walking is becoming a chore!
    The hospital want to bring me in on Friday for a sweep which I'll be refusing as my son's birthday party is on Saturday & actual birthday is the following Wednesday so I'd rather keeps this baby in until then.
    Had murder with the consultant last Friday as the want to do continious monitoring of me when in labour because of my previous section & the risk of uterine rupture (which is like 1 in 1000 risk:rolleyes:). I know how I deal best with pain & being strapped to a machine lying on bed is not it, wish these doctor would realise they work for us not the other way round:mad:

Well my sweep didnt work anyway. Had a show on Friday and nothing since. Looks like she s going to stay in here till shes evicted... Heading in on Thursday night for for the gel... so I'm hoping she ll be here on Friday....

On another note, we are going to call her Ellen Margaret after my mother and his mother.... would it be ok to shorten it to Ellie or maybe Ellie Mae. Would it be ok to officially call her Ellen Margaret and then shorten it to Ellie or Ellie Mae for everday use, or shoukd we name her Ellie Mae the names we will use.... also any opinions on Ellie or EllieMae....which do ye prefer....

Well my sweep didnt work anyway. Had a show on Friday and nothing since. Looks like she s going to stay in here till shes evicted... Heading in on Thursday night for for the gel... so I'm hoping she ll be here on Friday....

On another note, we are going to call her Ellen Margaret after my mother and his mother.... would it be ok to shorten it to Ellie or maybe Ellie Mae. Would it be ok to officially call her Ellen Margaret and then shorten it to Ellie or Ellie Mae for everday use, or shoukd we name her Ellie Mae the names we will use.... also any opinions on Ellie or EllieMae....which do ye prefer....

I wouldn't say the sweep didn't work yet if you've had a show. You can have a show days before you actually go into labour.

As for the name my son is named after both his grandads. Joseph Patrick is what is on his birth cert though day to day he's called Joey. We didn't have any intention of this beforehand it just happened organically.
    Maybe give her the full names on her birth cert & see how it feels to use the full names day to day or if like we did end up shortening them.

• Advertisement

Oh I like those names! I had a show four days before the arrival of my toodler - can be up to a week before active labour....or a few hours!!

Ya, hopefully I might still go myself before Thursday.. Every twinge, cramp or pain and I'm thinking I'm starting... Can't wait to have my little woman here... Hope ye are all doing ok, this part seems so long and drawn out...

So, at 36 weeks I'm in hospital :( Had a hospital appt and my blood pressure was very high, legs very swollen and protein in urine, the possible pre eclampsia trinity :(

Blood pressure was insane and there was talk of induction! For now it's erratic, calms down then shoots back up an hour later, so stuck here still for now.

THIS is why you pack your bag early!!! Mine was 80% packed, missing things like toothbrush, cleanser, shampoo etc all things I use daily so was going to pack "at the last minute", but I didn't get home to get them being admitted straight from appt.

Fingers crossed I get home for a few more days at least!!

Sorry to hear that youre in hospital, but you are in the best place for you and your little babba.... you could have our first born of the thread. Best of luck....

Sorry to hear that youre in hospital, but you are in the best place for you and your little babba.... you could have our first born of the thread. Best of luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I was the same on my first spottybanans, they sent me home a few times but was in and out, a few nights in and a few nights at home. Due number 2 next week, blood pressure again but haven't been hospitalised this time.
    At least your close now

Considering I'm pretty much the last due at the very very end of the month that's insane! Thanks, I'm glad I'm here in some ways obviously because I/we are being monitored very closely, but it's just so unexpected and I hope it wouldn't make me high risk for any future pregnancies.

Will keep ye updated, any more words of encouragement greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear that spotty, I can imagine it was all a bit sudden and scary to be told you had to be admitted. I really hope the bp settles some more and they can send you home. As the others have said at least you and bubs are getting monitored. Thinking of you. Gonzp- hope you go naturally but either way, baby for Easter wahoo!!

Ah no! When were you admitted? I was just thinking about you today that I hadn't seen you around. I know you're in the best place but must be horrible to not be in your own comfort zone

Oh no, I hope everything goes ok for you - happy thoughts and hugs

• Advertisement

Feel better soon Spotty x

Ah no! When were you admitted? I was just thinking about you today that I hadn't seen you around. I know you're in the best place but must be horrible to not be in your own comfort zone

Admitted yesterday, was meant to get out today but need more monitoring. I hate being out of my house, mainly my bed and my hubby :( I can't sleep here, so am perpetually tired, that's nearly the bit that upsets me most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The exact same thing happened to me Spotty. I was admitted, sent home, admitted again, sent home and given an induction date. That was a fun day and a half of packing and last minute shopping! All went great in the end and despite being a first timer and induced the active labour only lasted 5 hours. As it turned out baby did a lot better out than in so it worked out for the best. You're practically full-term so he/she should have no issues if it comes to that. Hope you're feeling okay.

Admitted yesterday, was meant to get out today but need more monitoring. I hate being out of my house, mainly my bed and my hubby :( I can't sleep here, so am perpetually tired, that's nearly the bit that upsets me most!

Oh I'd be totally with you there... Hope you get home tomorrow or soon x

Thanks Dolbert, we have nothing urgent left to buy, have all the main bits, so that's something. It's just the shock of it all. The midwife said similar, "sure you're 36 weeks", but I've barely accepted it's happening so needed all the time I can get!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Best of luck over the next few days Spottybananas. Hopefully the bp will settle and you'll be allowed home. A colleague of mine had something similar happen and was allowed home with more frequent monitoring. She had a lot of the signs of pre eclampsia but her urine was monitored for 24 hours and Bloodtests were okay. Her bp was much more settled of not quite stable once she got out. Think she delivered 3 weeks later at 39 weeks. Another induction here, albeit at term + 10. I was told at 32 weeks that It was possible that I'd be induced at 37 weeks over low fluids and some measurements being behind. Thankfully baby took off like a rocket around 35 weeks and fluids didn't drop any lower. The induction wasn't too bad, like Dolbert it was quite fast too, especially for a first timer.

My bloods came back ok but my 24 hour urine test did not, that with the very high and erratic BP and swelling (which is mostly gone now) had them considering induction asap if they couldn't get my BP down, so 37 weeks would be better than that anyway. Baby is moving fine and heartbeat is always perfect when they check so that's something. I also don't have any vision problems like spots or anything so another positive.

I read a bit about induction and while I already knew it's usually more painful I learned what you just said Roesy, that it can make things quite quick, which would be good too! Although a friend was recently induced on her first and it took nearly 3 days before the baby was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thanks Dolbert, we have nothing urgent left to buy, have all the main bits, so that's something. It's just the shock of it all. The midwife said similar, "sure you're 36 weeks", but I've barely accepted it's happening so needed all the time I can get!!

Know exactly what you mean. When they told me just thought 'sh!t, not now, I'm not ready'. Cue mini panic attack. I was counting on those last couple of weeks to get my head around it! It sounds like a total cliché but I was surprised at how fine I was when he was actually here. Oh, and it was 2 days between the start of induction and him being born, but for a day and a half of that I was literally sitting around waiting for something to start :p

Thinking of you Spotty bananas, I hope they make a decision soon whether it be to let you out or induce. Nothing worse being kept in and having to wait for results of monitoring.

• Advertisement

Also spotty being in hospital with talk of induction is enough to push up blood pressure. Just remember you are in the best place for both of you.

On a more amusing note (you may need a laugh), the ass of my trousers was wet so I got excited... Until I realised I just sat on a wet chair :-( I had 10 seconds of panic/ joy :-)

Advertisement