Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have you tried it? I emailed them last night but haven't received a response.

Yes I did and it worked no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Yes I did and it worked no problem.

Thanks. Bit disapointed with that. Half of my parts are out of stock now and they haven't bothered replying to my email. Might aswell wait for January sales at this point. Anyone know if hardwareversand have good January sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Thanks. Bit disapointed with that. Half of my parts are out of stock now and they haven't bothered replying to my email. Might aswell wait for January sales at this point. Anyone know if hardwareversand have good January sales?
    They always take a few days to reply. They don't really do sales, they have set prices which are almost always competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

srumball wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IRTXPBM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Jumped on this yesterday until I can save up for a GTX 970 next summer
    You should have got this one roughly same price as well after currency conversion.

Why, they're pretty similar, but I'd much, much rather buy from Amazon than Pixmania at the same price point! Generally I'd also prefer Sapphire over VTX3d. They're Powercolors budget brother and usually the cheapest cards available - sometimes great value, but a few of their models have had fairly significant issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why, they're pretty similar, but I'd much, much rather buy from Amazon than Pixmania at the same price point! Generally I'd also prefer Sapphire over VTX3d. They're Powercolors budget brother and usually the cheapest cards available - sometimes great value, but a few of their models have had fairly significant issues.

I know what you mean, after I posted it I realized it was a VTX3d. I was just looking and comaping the 290 and 290x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

EoinHef wrote: »
    This works out at €355 when buying from Ireland not really a good deal as you can get most of these cards for around €330 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This works out at €355 when buying from Ireland not really a good deal as you can get most of these cards for around €330 elsewhere.

I dont see anywhere cheaper than that for that particular card at this moment,that cooler is designed for huge overclocks. Its not a generic 290X.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

.uote="EoinHef;93563775"]I dont see anywhere cheaper than that for that particular card at this moment,that cooler is designed for huge overclocks. Its not a generic 290X.[/quote]

It was 240 pounds a few days ago. Still a good byy considering it has the best cooler of 290s (Vapor X might challengr it) and custom board.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

So when do HWVS start their after Christmas sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

This is asked all the time. There are rarely sales in computer hardware because prices are already close to margins. They tend to keep little stock on shelves since it becomes obsolete so fast. This means they don't have much clearance sales. Any deals offered by one crowd is usually due to a manufacturer reduction which can be offered by others unless there's a special arrangement or it's actually a loss leader.

In short: Don't expect sales outside the usual occasional attractions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Monotype wrote: »
    This is asked all the time. There are rarely sales in computer hardware because prices are already close to margins. They tend to keep little stock on shelves since it becomes obsolete so fast. This means they don't have much clearance sales. Any deals offered by one crowd is usually due to a manufacturer reduction which can be offered by others unless there's a special arrangement or it's actually a loss leader.

In short: Don't expect sales outside the usual occasional attractions.

Which is disappointing.

I get my Xmas bonus in April so will be looking at upgrades then...but if there was some nice deals at the moment I'd splash the cash.

Thinking of upgrading my OCZ 64GB SSD for a bigger crucial model (have a crucial 128GB for games) and toying with upgrading my MSI R9 270x. ( only bought last summer but feel I could upgrade and get more bang)

Happy with my AMD CPU but the idea if an Intel i5 interests me.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

roast wrote: »
    Razer are starting a 24hr sale at 2AM Irish time. 50% off peripherals and 30% off systems.
    Gonna blag myself an 'aul fancy keyboard. ;)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/12/7530775/razer-sale-discount-2015

I might be a little slow here but is it meant to be 2PM? Can't see any deals on the following website:

http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en#products

Edit: It is 2PM so it's active right now. Apparently you have to have an account on Razer Insider.

About halfway down the page is a clickable "CLAIM YOUR CODE" which you then use on the store. Limit to 1 per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pah, clearly intended for US users. The European site is haemoragged compared to what the US store offers. Everything will probably be sold out by the time I get up at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

From this I'm taking it is live

https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/insider-ces-2015-appreciation-sale.1920/

Also from the fact I've got my code. EDIT: Then again it keeps telling me there is an error.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay yeah, I'm an idiot. It hasn't started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Has anyone been able to buy anything yet? Can access the store but each items page won't update with a price/buy option.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Tried to buy a deathadder mouse, free delivery before promo code is applied and afterwards a €35 shipping fee is added so the discount is completely pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I bought a spare blackwidow keyboard for 65 euro.
    I think you have to spend over 60 euro for free delivery so add something cheap item to it and will come out cheaper as you wont have to pay postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Don't waste your time with that Razer promotion. I already had a low opinion of Razer as a company which is now even lower.

You have to spend €200 on a single item to get that promotional code working. Minimum order for free shipping is €99 and you can't use the promo code with more than 1 item. None of the keyboards are even in that price range or in stock.

A total waste of time. Horrible company. ****e products.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I was hoping for a deathadder because friends who have them love them. Could anyone else here recommend a mouse? Was looking at the logitech G402. I mainly play CS:GO, TF2 and League of Legends. Using a dell mouse at the moment but it's not great, have had it for so long that something must be worn out in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheSegal wrote: »
    I was hoping for a deathadder because friends who have them love them. Could anyone else here recommend a mouse? Was looking at the logitech G402. I mainly play CS:GO, TF2 and League of Legends. Using a dell mouse at the moment but it's not great, have had it for so long that something must be worn out in it

I have Deathadder and thats just plain amazing mouse. I got it for good few years now with no issues and if it will brick, I will get one more deathadder.
    I am no Razor Fanboy, but I do love Deathadder. There is a reason why it is out there for so many years and still gets updated. It is expensive, but it is good.

Go with Logitech all day. Razer is one of those companies who spends their budget on marketing, not their products.

All the Razer fanboys in here might object to that statement but it's true.

They have even started cheaping out on their keyboard switches yet still charging full price.

That so called promotion is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm using a G502 from Logitech, and it's really awesome. Six side buttons, all usable, and doesn't feel at all like those MMO mice. Still fits really nicely in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

BloodBath wrote: »
    Go with Logitech all day. Razer is one of those companies who spends their budget on marketing, not their products.

They have even started cheaping out on their keyboard switches yet still charging full price.

Is it just me or do you not like Razer?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

TheSegal wrote: »

Zowie make great mice, cant recommend the fk1 enough.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do you not like Razer?
    :p

I hate them and companies like them. Was tempted by the 50% promotion since that's the price their products should be selling for but no.

Typical Razer bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jaysus, did Razor made sweet love to your mum and ran off with your Lego?

I like Deathadder, but I dont buy any other of their products. Thats the beauty of being a human and have free will. I dont need to love or bash all products by one company just blindly and stupidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

I hate them and companies like them. Was tempted by the 50% promotion since that's the price their products should be selling for but no.

Typical Razer bull****.

Not a huge fan myself but that's mainly because i effing hate green lights :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't waste your time with that Razer promotion. I already had a low opinion of Razer as a company which is now even lower.

You have to spend €200 on a single item to get that promotional code working. Minimum order for free shipping is €99 and you can't use the promo code with more than 1 item. None of the keyboards are even in that price range or in stock.

Just some corrections.

There's no minimum spend to get the code to work.
    Free shipping is on orders over €59, not €99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I paid 65 euro for a blackwidow ultimate classic for 65 euro including free delivery.
    I'm a bit wary about their own keys though, would prefer cherry. Other than that its a steal for that price.
    For a mechanical keyboard its an awesome price. I purchased it to replace my green one as I hate green. I can now put that on my spare rig :D
    I do admit I like their mechanical keyboards, death adder and naga mice (I'm a leftie so these are the best mice in the WORLD :D ) and sphex matts but their other products wouldn't be for me.

Advertisement