Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for Next Year Whats Happend So Far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello no, we went with the original plan. We viewed a few places and just nothing compared to it we had the mills inn and the castle and ever time we talked about it, it was castle ohhh love it then the mills was like yeah tis nice!! So enough said.

I think we just started to think too much about it, and started thinking we have to do this and that, but we don't. Fingers crossed with a few favours pulled in from friends well have a great day. It is a lovely spot, has a nice homely feel but still fancy enough and lots of room for swing ball which will be compulsory haha..

I might steal the swing ball idea, that sounds like great fun and our wedding is at a country house with land so even for the next day it'll be fun. I know my boyfriend's (can't say fiance!) sister's wedding the venue happened to have croquet which they played the next day and my BF said it was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

What 's a swing ball? Sounds great!!

I heard Lidl or Aldi had lawn bowls and croquet sets on offer this week. Meant to get them for our second day where we're hoping to do stuff like that! Country houses are made for that sort of thing!

Good luck with it all. Sounds fab! And people love helping out - makes them feel part of the day!

Also can't say fiancé. Sounds so fake or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha Iam the same, I used to have a man friend and I now have a fancy man!! Even having trouble with the "W" word I am calling it a warty wedding party!!!

I love the games ideas, spotted the croquet as well at a venue we went to see and thought it was good.

I think it gives people something to do and I really really want swingball (our house is too small for it so tis my excuse)..

We will have kids there too, so swing ball and planning to get one of those mutli-sets that turn into badminton or tennis. And sure you cant go anywhere without bubbles.. Going to try and hook one of those bubble machines to one of the trees and let if flow.. There is a shop in Kinsale town that has one of the machine set up outside the door and it looks lovely love it all..

I can see where this is going to lead me sparking wine, bubbles and that will be it for the day haha

Thanks kkcatlou might pay a visit there at the weekend. Yeah I think the same it is nice to have something to do other than have a tipple that is and the friends we have asked are up for it..

Swing ball, its called teether ball too. Where you have a pole as such and there is a rope with a tennis ball at the end two play and you hit it too eachother, sounds sad now but tis quite fun!!

Way too serious stuff that fiancé word!! best of luck with yers too, have to say I am more relaxed now planning it after the venue and the civil service was booked..

Anyone know of any jewellers to get a tungsten mens ring, doesn't have to be a wedding ring as such just a nice ring that would suit.. thanks in Cork would make it easier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Try Keane's. I think Platinum Works in Oliver Plunkett St might do something for you too.

Culio thank you very much I shall have a look, they look very nice

If tis any good to anyone, myself and mum called into Fitzgerald Flowers wholesalers just outside Limerick and they have nice nice bits and pieces there, the bridal stuff itself is well overpriced but boxes, tealight holders, decorations are very well priced

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

When are you getting married there? I'm getting married in Blackwater Castle too. It's a lot of headaches organising everything yourself but should all be worth it! If you need advice on anything let me know

Yeahhhh!!!Congrats to you, are you this year.. We are getting married next year there so another while to go yet. Oh isn't it lovely, we went around to a few places and just nothing compared to it, especially when you hear of all the other places saying well this is extra, this is extra it is a bit dis-hearting..

Would be very great full of any tips you have for planning.. We have the day before to go in and set up, we have the reg booked and the next thing was the food and music... They are the next big costs, planning on making a lot of decorations and bits myself.. If you had any stuff aswell you were buying for the day that you wanted to sell on let me know.. Have ye got it all planned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone know of any jewellers to get a tungsten mens ring, doesn't have to be a wedding ring as such just a nice ring that would suit.. thanks in Cork would make it easier

Argos do tungsten rings

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2408916.htm

really, just tried their irish site there and they aren't showing but we might pop in store. thanks a million

Is there a poll done already about that going to the entire wedding or going to the afters and dinner etc..Cant seem to find one but don't want to start one just incase there is one already..Would people be interested to know

Just listening to the news and next up is changes to civil ceremony's. They may now take place outside!! yeah ill update when I hear more

So they have finally figured out that it is just an excuse having it indoors. An Australian (Irish couple coming from Oz) couple go a solicitor and has said that once the spot is open to the public then you can have it outdoors.. This is great news well only one more thing to worry about and that is the weather!! But fab I hope that they don't mess it up now and do something daft like charge more for outdoors and have a whole list of rules that have to apply..

Must say feeling a little disappointed after sending out some Save the Dates just to family and close friends and not one got back to say ohh that's so cute or thanks we got it must say tis a bit of a bummer not to get anything back..

On the plus side, while plans were going ninety at the beginning of what we could have this and that and where can we get it I thought it is such a waste as you are left with all this stuff to get rid of when there is so much you can recycle.. So started to collect the jam jars for the flowers, did buy some buttons to decorate these.. Have sussed out the beaches and have found a great one that has these flat stones you can use as place names, and another that has loverly roundy pebbles for decoration.. The fun begins

Yup! You'll get that kind of reaction when you send the Save the Dates/Invitations...

They're important and set the tone of the wedding, but I'm afraid most people will glance over them, and chuck them either on the mantelpiece or behind the bread bin!

Just you wait until you send the invitations - It'll be like pulling eye teeth to even get people to reply! You see - guests think you work by ESP, therefore they don't need to formally let you know whether your invitation will be accepted or not.

Too true I just thought as we aren't sending out many only to family far off so they know in time and the others I just sent to close friends and my own family and not one has got back to say Yeah or that was nice.. I must say now I am trying to think I always RSVP and send a thanks we got the save the date, and from now on I shall always make sure and make a big whoop over it..

I know. I always send a reply card in good time and make a point of telling the bride how pretty the invitations are. My next door neighbour's daughter is getting married in a couple of months. The invitation was posted to us, and had a reply card enclosed. I told her mother how lovely the card was, thanked her for inviting us, and have bought a reply card to send back anyway. I expect she'd like to keep them. I've kept mine, copies of our invitations, engagement cards, the lot. All lovingly tucked away in my special box!

Your a good person!! Jes im going to have to start posting stuff to myself to get a reply haha and get excited about the post..

I think it would be nice to keep replies too for keepsakes, like this idea... I have lots of bits upstairs I am mad to find one of those deep frames so I can put all the stuff into to keep out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I got those fake book type folders in dunnes to keep all my wedding stuff in. It nice to have it one [pace and i'm keeping all invitations i receive between now and then for inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Your a good person!! Jes im going to have to start posting stuff to myself to get a reply haha and get excited about the post..

I think it would be nice to keep replies too for keepsakes, like this idea... I have lots of bits upstairs I am mad to find one of those deep frames so I can put all the stuff into to keep out..
    Ikea have a 12 by 12 box frame €9.50 I think. White or black.

Oh I think im going to have to take a trip to Dublin...Thanks.. Hanging shelfs last night we thought you could make them but id say the costs would add up

Oh got one response to but turns out twas a text that didn't send but that is good at least it was a mstake...

I wasn't going to post but said I might just incase anyone would like.. I have been toying with taking them myself but since our big day is a year away and I have two boxes already gathering stuff I think I have enough for now. But anywho in work there are some hard ply wood I think you call it sheets being dumped. They are the kind of ones that you would receive in a shipment as such to protect the item if you google plywood packing pallet it is one of them broken up.

I was thinking they would be very good to make frames out of for a photo booth or even make up a large free standing frame, or signs.. If anyone was interested let me know I can take them away free and if not sure ill just have to take them myself :)

Put up an advert on Adverts!

Oh there is so much arsing around with adverts at the moment just said I would put it on this, as at least tis semi private. I don't want people getting wind of where work is and coming to raid the place haha not that it would happen but just incase

Has anyone used JJs www.jjshouse.com after all this time searching I see they do pocketfold envelopes, and they aren't charging that much. Have some nice dresses too

Looking at JJshouse for invites, spotted they had pocketfold ones not too badly priced and they print the main part aswell.. Would love to hear if anyone has any experience with getting things like invites from them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Friend of mine got a dress from JJsHouse and said it was perfect, very pretty too. Can't help with invites I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pooch90 there are mixed reviews about the dresses, but cant find anything about the invites.. Might order and see they only thing they go on about is delivery time but we have loads of time. For around €40 you can get 50 invites printed in all. With a choice of four different text and then the envelops and extra paper....

Advertisement